Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | The Redwoods: A CYOA Thread
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 53 54
NOTE: IF YOU ARE NOT ON THE LIST OF PARTICIPANTS, YOU ARE NOT INVITED TO POST HERE. THANK YOU.

Welcome to the Redwoods Choose-Your-Own-Adventure thread, a tale about small animals, rebellion, and a melting pot of magic. My name is Arcaii, and this is a game where I write a story and you choose where it goes!

Here’s how it works:

-Possible actions are presented to the readers.
-Readers then individually send a command for whatever action they like. If two or more people suggest the same thing, the commands will be counted separately, thus increasing the chance for the action to be picked.
-The commands are numbered and a die will be rolled to randomly select which action to take.
-When the action is selected, I will write out what happens because of that action.

An alternate thread has been set up for discussion and conversation. This thread is solely for commands and the story.

RULES
1) Do not post if you are not a participant, myself, or otherwise invited to speak.
2) As said above, do not post anything except commands here in the name of keeping everything as tidy as possible. Art, questions, theories, etc, should be posted in the discussion thread, which can be found here.
3) Do not post your command multiple times. That will not increase the likelihood of it being used or count as a second listing of the command. Every action is given the same chance as the rest.
4) Alternative commands that have not been suggested by myself are allowed and even encouraged, but only one command can be given per individual post unless specified otherwise.
5) If you want to reword a suggested command (eg saying “go jump into the ocean” for the command “mind your own business”), please add the original somewhere on the post. Your wording will be taken into account if the command is selected.
6) Stay polite. If the story is not going the way you desire, you may mention this in the discussion thread, but do not instigate arguments or insult anyone because your command did not get picked.
7) Participants will receive a warning if they break any of these rules or are absent for more than two weeks without explanation. If warnings are issued three times, the participant will be blacklisted and thereafter ignored if they attempt to post in this thread.
8) Now for my own rule: I am not allowed to try to persuade or tell you to choose one command over another. I can give advice or hints if requested, but my only job here is to tell the story as the players choose it. If you catch me trying to railroad the story, call me out.

(More posts coming soon)
NOTE: IF YOU ARE NOT ON THE LIST OF PARTICIPANTS, YOU ARE NOT INVITED TO POST HERE. THANK YOU.

Welcome to the Redwoods Choose-Your-Own-Adventure thread, a tale about small animals, rebellion, and a melting pot of magic. My name is Arcaii, and this is a game where I write a story and you choose where it goes!

Here’s how it works:

-Possible actions are presented to the readers.
-Readers then individually send a command for whatever action they like. If two or more people suggest the same thing, the commands will be counted separately, thus increasing the chance for the action to be picked.
-The commands are numbered and a die will be rolled to randomly select which action to take.
-When the action is selected, I will write out what happens because of that action.

An alternate thread has been set up for discussion and conversation. This thread is solely for commands and the story.

RULES
1) Do not post if you are not a participant, myself, or otherwise invited to speak.
2) As said above, do not post anything except commands here in the name of keeping everything as tidy as possible. Art, questions, theories, etc, should be posted in the discussion thread, which can be found here.
3) Do not post your command multiple times. That will not increase the likelihood of it being used or count as a second listing of the command. Every action is given the same chance as the rest.
4) Alternative commands that have not been suggested by myself are allowed and even encouraged, but only one command can be given per individual post unless specified otherwise.
5) If you want to reword a suggested command (eg saying “go jump into the ocean” for the command “mind your own business”), please add the original somewhere on the post. Your wording will be taken into account if the command is selected.
6) Stay polite. If the story is not going the way you desire, you may mention this in the discussion thread, but do not instigate arguments or insult anyone because your command did not get picked.
7) Participants will receive a warning if they break any of these rules or are absent for more than two weeks without explanation. If warnings are issued three times, the participant will be blacklisted and thereafter ignored if they attempt to post in this thread.
8) Now for my own rule: I am not allowed to try to persuade or tell you to choose one command over another. I can give advice or hints if requested, but my only job here is to tell the story as the players choose it. If you catch me trying to railroad the story, call me out.

(More posts coming soon)
Seeker
LINKS
(to be added onto as time goes on – this includes fanart, archive, discussion thread, etc)
The discussion thread.
LIST OF PARTICIPANTS
LINKS
(to be added onto as time goes on – this includes fanart, archive, discussion thread, etc)
The discussion thread.
LIST OF PARTICIPANTS
Seeker
CHARACTER STATS
Name: Quill-Fallen-From-Sky, aka "Quill"
Species: Pigeon
Description: A rotund, classic blue-grey bird with bits of down still coming off them.
Skills: Flying (Level 1), Mimicry (Level 1)

THE CAST
(to be added onto as time goes on)

ALL BLACK - A rough-skinned newt. Missing the classic orange belly of his kind in favor of an entirely dark complexion.

THERA/MOTH - A small, plain brown female mouse.

SIIB/BRINE -
A brown-and-white female mouse, coat speckled and spotted with color.

NOOSE - A humongous black rat with a wire trap bound tight around her neck.

THE DROWNED ELK - A larger, older northern alligator lizard. Standard coloring, though a little more mottled than the usual for her species.

ROTTER - A smaller-than-average female opossum. Accompanied by the stink of decaying meat at nearly all times.

LOCATIONS

EASTERN BUNKER - Headquarters of the rebellion; closest to the edge of the forest.

THE BOLT - A pair of streams on the eastern side of the forest. Comes from the river bordering the woods.
CHARACTER STATS
Name: Quill-Fallen-From-Sky, aka "Quill"
Species: Pigeon
Description: A rotund, classic blue-grey bird with bits of down still coming off them.
Skills: Flying (Level 1), Mimicry (Level 1)

THE CAST
(to be added onto as time goes on)

ALL BLACK - A rough-skinned newt. Missing the classic orange belly of his kind in favor of an entirely dark complexion.

THERA/MOTH - A small, plain brown female mouse.

SIIB/BRINE -
A brown-and-white female mouse, coat speckled and spotted with color.

NOOSE - A humongous black rat with a wire trap bound tight around her neck.

THE DROWNED ELK - A larger, older northern alligator lizard. Standard coloring, though a little more mottled than the usual for her species.

ROTTER - A smaller-than-average female opossum. Accompanied by the stink of decaying meat at nearly all times.

LOCATIONS

EASTERN BUNKER - Headquarters of the rebellion; closest to the edge of the forest.

THE BOLT - A pair of streams on the eastern side of the forest. Comes from the river bordering the woods.
Seeker
@Comettail @houndofspring @CabbageCrow @Arachnoid @hqmary @redlobco @cobaltstorm @Neryth

We now have enough players to begin. Remember, make only one choice unless directed otherwise. Seven individual commands must be posted before the next roll is made. In the event of an extended delay, I myself will randomly pick a choice and then roll. Don’t worry if you miss a post – you can still participate as you catch up.
With that, let’s start!

It’s cold.

You’re young, you know that, and everyone loves to inform you that you haven’t experienced “true winter” yet, but you feel comfortable in saying that it’s stupid cold right now and you’re allowed to not be happy about it. There was mud-thick fog yesterday, and now it’s raining on-and-off with thunder rolling just overhead, as if it’s specifically threatening you and your travelling companion.

This whole thing feels unnatural, you think, as you glance around nervously for the umpteenth time. Walking down an open path like this – a wide, empty line of dust-turned-mud with no covering or way to protect yourself from an ambush – is nerve-wracking. You’re certain something is watching you, waiting for you to drop your guard so it can lunge out and devour you. Your guide has said that this is the safest road to take, but you’re too paranoid to believe that.

Everything turns white and blue with a crash and you nearly jump out of your skin. You huddle pathetically with your belly against the ground and look up at the sky. There’s immediately another streak of lightning (at least, you think it’s lightning, you’ve only been told about it before) and the sky bellows. Your vision goes grayish-white for a moment thanks to the sun-bright flash. Scrubbing at your eyes only succeeds in making dots and circles blur your sight.

You blink hard several times and for a moment lose sight of your guide. Immediately driven to panic, your vision still swimming in debris, you charge forward and crash into something. You reel back and stumble into what feels like a puddle. Shaking yourself, the shapes in your eyes go away, and you catch a glimpse of your reflection in the muddy water.

What kind of face looks back at you? [Specify your species. See this post for potentially helpful information.]

Bird. (House Sparrow, Crow, Pigeon, House Finch, European Starling, Collared Dove, Hummingbird, Stellar's Jay)
Bat. (Little Brown, Big Brown, Yuma)
Rodent. (Grey Squirrel, Rat, Mouse)
Lizard. (Northern Alligator, Western Fence)
Amphibian. (Common Frog, California Newt, Arboreal Salamander, California Slender Salamander)

@Comettail @houndofspring @CabbageCrow @Arachnoid @hqmary @redlobco @cobaltstorm @Neryth

We now have enough players to begin. Remember, make only one choice unless directed otherwise. Seven individual commands must be posted before the next roll is made. In the event of an extended delay, I myself will randomly pick a choice and then roll. Don’t worry if you miss a post – you can still participate as you catch up.
With that, let’s start!

It’s cold.

You’re young, you know that, and everyone loves to inform you that you haven’t experienced “true winter” yet, but you feel comfortable in saying that it’s stupid cold right now and you’re allowed to not be happy about it. There was mud-thick fog yesterday, and now it’s raining on-and-off with thunder rolling just overhead, as if it’s specifically threatening you and your travelling companion.

This whole thing feels unnatural, you think, as you glance around nervously for the umpteenth time. Walking down an open path like this – a wide, empty line of dust-turned-mud with no covering or way to protect yourself from an ambush – is nerve-wracking. You’re certain something is watching you, waiting for you to drop your guard so it can lunge out and devour you. Your guide has said that this is the safest road to take, but you’re too paranoid to believe that.

Everything turns white and blue with a crash and you nearly jump out of your skin. You huddle pathetically with your belly against the ground and look up at the sky. There’s immediately another streak of lightning (at least, you think it’s lightning, you’ve only been told about it before) and the sky bellows. Your vision goes grayish-white for a moment thanks to the sun-bright flash. Scrubbing at your eyes only succeeds in making dots and circles blur your sight.

You blink hard several times and for a moment lose sight of your guide. Immediately driven to panic, your vision still swimming in debris, you charge forward and crash into something. You reel back and stumble into what feels like a puddle. Shaking yourself, the shapes in your eyes go away, and you catch a glimpse of your reflection in the muddy water.

What kind of face looks back at you? [Specify your species. See this post for potentially helpful information.]

Bird. (House Sparrow, Crow, Pigeon, House Finch, European Starling, Collared Dove, Hummingbird, Stellar's Jay)
Bat. (Little Brown, Big Brown, Yuma)
Rodent. (Grey Squirrel, Rat, Mouse)
Lizard. (Northern Alligator, Western Fence)
Amphibian. (Common Frog, California Newt, Arboreal Salamander, California Slender Salamander)

Seeker
Crow
Crow
I call [Pigeon]!
I call [Pigeon]!
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
Rat!
Rat!
sh5xjiu.png
mtHAEL4.png
Lshkoju.png
AaYNmEX.png
Pgv53XB.png
IrmwTXC.png
JuaytuP.png
J7D1quC.png
2dQktJZ.png
YMPbu9R.png
   - call me sparrow or cobalt!

- selling/trading duplicate familiars
   - spreadsheet of unobtained familiars
@Arcaii

Seems like you have 4 more open. Can I play.

[Western Fence]
@Arcaii

Seems like you have 4 more open. Can I play.

[Western Fence]
4xd1oW3.png
California Slender Salamander
California Slender Salamander
@Arcaii
Can I play too?
Also dergon, I call the main character is a dergon.

Edit: I didn't see that there was a species list I had to choose from, can they be a newt?
@Arcaii
Can I play too?
Also dergon, I call the main character is a dergon.

Edit: I didn't see that there was a species list I had to choose from, can they be a newt?
77ec1a36661e11a40962b415b0b10b4babdc0c65.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 53 54