Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Historical Mafia 4 | Discussion (OVER)
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 216 217
@morphogenetic
Sorry, wrote that right before you replied. Yeah, I can see your initial response being just joking. It just struck me as strange so I thought it worth bringing up.

I've played probably too many mafia games, but I wouldn't say I'm very good, haha.
@morphogenetic
Sorry, wrote that right before you replied. Yeah, I can see your initial response being just joking. It just struck me as strange so I thought it worth bringing up.

I've played probably too many mafia games, but I wouldn't say I'm very good, haha.
968.png
dancer | fr+3 | music shop | g1 sales | wishlist
[quote name="Kalideoscope" date=2017-11-10 15:09:12] But anyways, happy mafia start, all! Since it worked so well the last time around, I've decided to duplicate my Historical Mafia 3 spreadsheet. And that means (gasp! shock!) a quick questionnaire, shamelessly stolen from polygone! Sorry, poly! Here's the spreadsheet (will go in signature): And here's the questions I'd like everyone to answer: Quote: Username: Preferred Pronouns: Time Zone / general activity estimate: Gender of Role: Century your role lived in: Is your role negative utility?: And here's my answers! Quote: Username: Kalideoscope Preferred Pronouns: she/her Time Zone / general activity estimate: FR+0. Active weekends and weekdays after ~3:00 PM FR time-- I have school between 7:30-3:00 Gender of Role: Male Century your role lived in: 20th Century Is your role negative utility?: It has the potential to be. [/quote]You missed all of the important questions but one.
Kalideoscope wrote on 2017-11-10:
But anyways, happy mafia start, all!
Since it worked so well the last time around, I've decided to duplicate my Historical Mafia 3 spreadsheet. And that means (gasp! shock!) a quick questionnaire, shamelessly stolen from polygone! Sorry, poly!
Here's the spreadsheet (will go in signature):
And here's the questions I'd like everyone to answer:

Quote:
Username:
Preferred Pronouns:
Time Zone / general activity estimate:
Gender of Role:
Century your role lived in:
Is your role negative utility?:

And here's my answers!

Quote:
Username: Kalideoscope
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Time Zone / general activity estimate: FR+0. Active weekends and weekdays after ~3:00 PM FR time-- I have school between 7:30-3:00
Gender of Role: Male
Century your role lived in: 20th Century
Is your role negative utility?: It has the potential to be.
You missed all of the important questions but one.

Praise the sun! \o/
@morphogenetic

Let me tell ya one thing: it’s not in my best interest to lie. A negative utility brings harm to the town, and I am admitting I have one to reduce the chance of hurting the town’s interest. I know how a role with negative utility can affect the game - I’ve been one myself and I regret not admitting it at first.
@morphogenetic

Let me tell ya one thing: it’s not in my best interest to lie. A negative utility brings harm to the town, and I am admitting I have one to reduce the chance of hurting the town’s interest. I know how a role with negative utility can affect the game - I’ve been one myself and I regret not admitting it at first.
9wQxglT.png
@TheNightDancer
Hey, no worries! Just trying to lighten up the mood, I guess? I'm not very experienced, either. In my past mafia games, I was pretty serious about everything, so I'm sort of trying a different approach. So, like, heads up if I say anything, ah, off-handedly. I will admit that it was pretty suspicious of me.

@Shimmerwing
Mmhmmm... that's true. I'll just- fwip!- slip that bit of info into my mental filing cabinet.
@TheNightDancer
Hey, no worries! Just trying to lighten up the mood, I guess? I'm not very experienced, either. In my past mafia games, I was pretty serious about everything, so I'm sort of trying a different approach. So, like, heads up if I say anything, ah, off-handedly. I will admit that it was pretty suspicious of me.

@Shimmerwing
Mmhmmm... that's true. I'll just- fwip!- slip that bit of info into my mental filing cabinet.
@polygone
You're welcome to ask them yourself! I'm just putting down what went and is going on my spreadsheet.

Hot chocolate.

@morphogenetic
Alright, good to know c: It's hard to read tone off the Internet, and with this game it's best to pry into everything!
@polygone
You're welcome to ask them yourself! I'm just putting down what went and is going on my spreadsheet.

Hot chocolate.

@morphogenetic
Alright, good to know c: It's hard to read tone off the Internet, and with this game it's best to pry into everything!
WCaffsig.pngWChubsig.pngWCsigraffle.pngWCIFsig.png
'Ello. Username: Cognitive. Feel free to call me Cog. Preferred Pronouns: I don't care. Time Zone / general activity estimate: FRT +3. I'm usually around from 17:00 to 21:00 FRT due to work on the weekdays. Weekends are more sporadic. Gender of Role: Male Century your role lived in: 19th-20th Is your role negative utility?: No Day One: To lynch or not to lynch? Lynch [quote name="morphogenetic" date=2017-11-10 15:20:00] Judging from the title of this game, it's gonna be a fun one. Creation: Library No. 4, and now Historical Mafia 4? Another '4'? Judging from what happened in Creation, I'm incredibly suspicious of Cognitive right now. If I weren't #14, I'd be suspicious of that player, too. [/quote] Lucky number 4.
'Ello.

Username: Cognitive. Feel free to call me Cog.
Preferred Pronouns: I don't care.
Time Zone / general activity estimate: FRT +3. I'm usually around from 17:00 to 21:00 FRT due to work on the weekdays. Weekends are more sporadic.
Gender of Role: Male
Century your role lived in: 19th-20th
Is your role negative utility?: No

Day One: To lynch or not to lynch? Lynch
morphogenetic wrote on 2017-11-10:
Judging from the title of this game, it's gonna be a fun one. Creation: Library No. 4, and now Historical Mafia 4? Another '4'? Judging from what happened in Creation, I'm incredibly suspicious of Cognitive right now. If I weren't #14, I'd be suspicious of that player, too.

Lucky number 4.
vV5jbm.png
[quote name="Kalideoscope" date=2017-11-10 15:52:27] [quote name="NightRising" date=2017-11-10 15:46:51] [quote name="TheNightDancer" date=2017-11-10 15:43:42] This struck my eye: [quote name="morphogenetic" date=2017-11-10 15:20:00] Is your role negative utility?: Nope, there's zero chance of that. Zip. Zilch. Nada. None at all. [/quote] [/quote] i have to agree that @/morphogenetic 's negative utility response does seem like either a badly timed attempt at comedy or really suspicious, out of all the others. [/quote] Gonna... third this? I almost read it as sarcasm, and I put it in the sheet as "emphatically no" because, I mean, look at it. Morpho, if you are negative utility, it's best to come clean so that 1) you don't get mislynched and 2) actually that's the only reason, if you're negative utility it's possible that your role may come off as mafia, so admitting it helps explain any seemingly anti-town actions you may take due to your role. [/quote]Not all negative utility is bad because it might get mislynched. And thusly not all negative utility roles should claim. Watch your step.
Kalideoscope wrote on 2017-11-10:
NightRising wrote on 2017-11-10:
TheNightDancer wrote on 2017-11-10:
This struck my eye:
morphogenetic wrote on 2017-11-10:
Is your role negative utility?: Nope, there's zero chance of that. Zip. Zilch. Nada. None at all.

i have to agree that @/morphogenetic 's negative utility response does seem like either a badly timed attempt at comedy or really suspicious, out of all the others.

Gonna... third this? I almost read it as sarcasm, and I put it in the sheet as "emphatically no" because, I mean, look at it.
Morpho, if you are negative utility, it's best to come clean so that 1) you don't get mislynched and 2) actually that's the only reason, if you're negative utility it's possible that your role may come off as mafia, so admitting it helps explain any seemingly anti-town actions you may take due to your role.
Not all negative utility is bad because it might get mislynched. And thusly not all negative utility roles should claim. Watch your step.

Praise the sun! \o/
[quote name="Shimmerwing" date=2017-11-10 16:08:26] morphogenetic Let me tell ya one thing: it’s not in my best interest to lie. A negative utility brings harm to the town, and I am admitting I have one to reduce the chance of hurting the town’s interest. I know how a role with negative utility can affect the game - I’ve been one myself and I regret not admitting it at first. [/quote]You did a good.
Shimmerwing wrote on 2017-11-10:
morphogenetic

You did a good.

Praise the sun! \o/
@polygone
I think that if morpho were trying to fly under the radar as a negative utility, they wouldn't have drawn so much attention to the claim in the first place. Considering that they were (at the time) looking to be sarcastic or joking and later claimed to not understand why someone would claim, I gave a excellent reason to do so-- to not hurt the town by getting mislynched.

There are probably instances where you shouldn't, but they didn't seem to apply here.
@polygone
I think that if morpho were trying to fly under the radar as a negative utility, they wouldn't have drawn so much attention to the claim in the first place. Considering that they were (at the time) looking to be sarcastic or joking and later claimed to not understand why someone would claim, I gave a excellent reason to do so-- to not hurt the town by getting mislynched.

There are probably instances where you shouldn't, but they didn't seem to apply here.
WCaffsig.pngWChubsig.pngWCsigraffle.pngWCIFsig.png
Hello everyone! It's been awhile since I've played and I'm excited to start this game.

Questionaire~

Username: ashestoashes, you can just call me Ash
Preferred Pronouns: they/them please
Time Zone / general activity estimate: +0 FR, I'll be able to be active often and I'll try to not be a lurker
Gender of Role: female
Century your role lived in: end of 19th, start of 20th
Is your role negative utility?: no
To lynch or not to lynch? (D1) It's better to lynch than not to on the first day because it gets people talking and suspecting others more than answers to questionnaires do. Of course, if we hit a mafia first try that'll be great, too.
mafia experience? I've played irl mafia a long time ago before getting introduced to FR and their mafia games, but I've played a handful of them here over a year ago
Hello everyone! It's been awhile since I've played and I'm excited to start this game.

Questionaire~

Username: ashestoashes, you can just call me Ash
Preferred Pronouns: they/them please
Time Zone / general activity estimate: +0 FR, I'll be able to be active often and I'll try to not be a lurker
Gender of Role: female
Century your role lived in: end of 19th, start of 20th
Is your role negative utility?: no
To lynch or not to lynch? (D1) It's better to lynch than not to on the first day because it gets people talking and suspecting others more than answers to questionnaires do. Of course, if we hit a mafia first try that'll be great, too.
mafia experience? I've played irl mafia a long time ago before getting introduced to FR and their mafia games, but I've played a handful of them here over a year ago
Rbf96Oh.gif3e94Gpa.pngtMGni6J.pngRbf96Oh.gif
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 216 217