Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [BSJ] Tour of the Glittervault
1 2 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114
Thank you so much for hosting this game! :D
Thank you so much for hosting this game! :D
This was fun! You did a really good job with this!

Also, how does contamination matter with glitter? It's all just shiny dust!
This was fun! You did a really good job with this!

Also, how does contamination matter with glitter? It's all just shiny dust!
looking for Discord RP servers. I’m no longer active here.
Thank you for hosting this amazing event, it was great! :D
Thank you for hosting this amazing event, it was great! :D
cryperethy.pngdLIJPZ4.pngtumblr_nrv6v91RtB1th5aplo1_250.gif
It seems that KraalofBhaga didn't respond to the post regarding mini-raffle prizes, so @lemonblue is the winner for 3rd place! Please respond within 24 hours to receive your prize. @stanzascale [columns]It is quite possible that we'll be open for tours next year. As to why only Skydancers can retrieve glitter, it's because we can sense when dragons are nearby trying to follow us to the glitter source, and can act accordingly off of that to keep the location secret. The teleportation workers use their own magic, but it powers up a magic conduit that transports anything within the flagged areas in the Glittervault to where it needs to go. So in part, it's a combination of their magic and the workstation. And no we don't have leaflets here; the Glittervault usually is under an illusion anyways.[nextcol][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/315046/31504524p.png[/img][/columns] As to working in the Glittervault, tbh I don't really have anything planned for it. It could become a rp thread, but I don't know where that would go. All the dragons you saw were ones that I asked Light flight members in the Light forums whether they were willing to showcase any of their dragons that met a criteria I put forth. @Kahliden [columns]Some magical disease can be transmitted onto the glitter, thereby contaminating portions of it. As the contaminated glitter touches other, it spreads, and we don't want to send out glitter that can make dragons sick upon receiving them.[nextcol][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/315046/31504524p.png[/img][/columns]
It seems that KraalofBhaga didn't respond to the post regarding mini-raffle prizes, so @lemonblue is the winner for 3rd place! Please respond within 24 hours to receive your prize.

@stanzascale
It is quite possible that we'll be open for tours next year. As to why only Skydancers can retrieve glitter, it's because we can sense when dragons are nearby trying to follow us to the glitter source, and can act accordingly off of that to keep the location secret. The teleportation workers use their own magic, but it powers up a magic conduit that transports anything within the flagged areas in the Glittervault to where it needs to go. So in part, it's a combination of their magic and the workstation. And no we don't have leaflets here; the Glittervault usually is under an illusion anyways. 31504524p.png

As to working in the Glittervault, tbh I don't really have anything planned for it. It could become a rp thread, but I don't know where that would go. All the dragons you saw were ones that I asked Light flight members in the Light forums whether they were willing to showcase any of their dragons that met a criteria I put forth.

@Kahliden
Some magical disease can be transmitted onto the glitter, thereby contaminating portions of it. As the contaminated glitter touches other, it spreads, and we don't want to send out glitter that can make dragons sick upon receiving them. 31504524p.png
uj5w35F.pngSvg7y.gifeZKAdNB.png
Ahhh thank you! I had so much fun!

@brokenstone (I wasn't sure if I had to ping)
Ahhh thank you! I had so much fun!

@brokenstone (I wasn't sure if I had to ping)
Lennuh nodded and made notes as the Skydancer spoke. "Thank you. This has been very interesting. I imagine the clan will enjoy hearing about this trip." The Fae took his leave of the guides and looked around before calling. "Jingle?" A few heads popped out of the glitter-trove and the pocket mouse gave a happy squeak. Apparently digging through glitter was better than taking a shower in it. Once Jingle had finished playing (for Lennuh didn't mind basking in the trove's glow a little longer), they gathered up their gifts and made their way to a crystal. Whereby they were teleported outside home, along with a light dusting of glitter that was within the teleported area. This was to the astonishment of the dragons watching the area at the time.

@brokenstone

Mm, I admit I hadn't explicitly been thinking of roleplay but can see the appeal of the idea. I guess I was imagining it as some potential lore to add to some dragons. For example I have one dragon who finds it awesome when dragons work together for a great cause and I can imagine her volunteering to help out during busy seasons or something like that. I can elaborate on those I think would be interested if you like. Thanks for answering all my questions, I vaguely inferred some instruction as to how one might apply for a job in-universe was passed on to Lennuh. :)
Lennuh nodded and made notes as the Skydancer spoke. "Thank you. This has been very interesting. I imagine the clan will enjoy hearing about this trip." The Fae took his leave of the guides and looked around before calling. "Jingle?" A few heads popped out of the glitter-trove and the pocket mouse gave a happy squeak. Apparently digging through glitter was better than taking a shower in it. Once Jingle had finished playing (for Lennuh didn't mind basking in the trove's glow a little longer), they gathered up their gifts and made their way to a crystal. Whereby they were teleported outside home, along with a light dusting of glitter that was within the teleported area. This was to the astonishment of the dragons watching the area at the time.

@brokenstone

Mm, I admit I hadn't explicitly been thinking of roleplay but can see the appeal of the idea. I guess I was imagining it as some potential lore to add to some dragons. For example I have one dragon who finds it awesome when dragons work together for a great cause and I can imagine her volunteering to help out during busy seasons or something like that. I can elaborate on those I think would be interested if you like. Thanks for answering all my questions, I vaguely inferred some instruction as to how one might apply for a job in-universe was passed on to Lennuh. :)
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
@brokenstone

(I hope i'm not too late to claim my raffle prizes! I was moving into my new apt and just got hooked up with wifi!)

I'd like:
1) A New Start
2) In Light of the Past
3) Happy Sornieth New Year

:> thank you!
@brokenstone

(I hope i'm not too late to claim my raffle prizes! I was moving into my new apt and just got hooked up with wifi!)

I'd like:
1) A New Start
2) In Light of the Past
3) Happy Sornieth New Year

:> thank you!
An old, oddball Earthie. Stop by for some Dragon Bios and Clan Lore!
jIRALXN.png
She/Her, 29, Pan/Queer, USA, FR+3
@KraalofBhaga

Oh ok that's fine. I'll be sending you your prize momentarily.

@lemonblue

Sorry looks like Kraal responded just now ^-^ll
@KraalofBhaga

Oh ok that's fine. I'll be sending you your prize momentarily.

@lemonblue

Sorry looks like Kraal responded just now ^-^ll
uj5w35F.pngSvg7y.gifeZKAdNB.png
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2210231/106#post_28087099][b][color=goldenrod]Back[/color][/b][/url] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24335225] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/243353/24335225_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2210231/108#post_28101396][b][color=goldenrod]The Vault[/color][/b][/url][/center] As the Glittervault doors yawned open, Baldr gazed at the widening crack, holding his breath in anticipation as he caught sight of something golden glittering behind it -- -- and then holding it by necessity as he realised, far too late, that the glitter within had been pressed up against the doors and it came crashing through, burying all of the dragons close to the doors in a shimmering landslide! He scrambled upwards and emerged, thankfully unhurt, but completely covered in a fine layer of glitter all over his body. He tired to brush himself down as he listened to Dawn's explanation - that the half-circle was enchanted and created a temporary barrier when the doors were opened so that all the glitter did not escape the vault, but unfortunately trapped anyone who wanted to open it into getting buried in a pile of glitter. As Baldr turned to look up the slope and towards the interior of the Vault, his mild irritation at his glittering faded away to nothing as he took in the size and scale of the vault. The underground room was so large that it seemed to have no boundaries, and shimmering mice darted through the glitter piled up inside. The group headed inside, receiving some final bits of information from their guides and souvenirs courtesy of Winterfang, before being told to use the Teleport Transport system to be sent home - Baldr suspected with a copious amount of glitter, though looking at the flakes stuck to his body, he'd be taking plenty back with him even if the dragons didn't send any that wasn't currently attached to him! Baldr spent a little time admiring the glitter and petting the glitter mice, as Winterfang advised. However, after a short while his skin and scales started to itch from the glitter, and he had to admit that washing off his new glitter coat sounded far more appealing than exploring, or sticking around to ask questions. He bid farewell to Winterfang and Dawn, and made his way to the nearest Teleport Transport to make his way home. [br][br]
Back
As the Glittervault doors yawned open, Baldr gazed at the widening crack, holding his breath in anticipation as he caught sight of something golden glittering behind it --

-- and then holding it by necessity as he realised, far too late, that the glitter within had been pressed up against the doors and it came crashing through, burying all of the dragons close to the doors in a shimmering landslide! He scrambled upwards and emerged, thankfully unhurt, but completely covered in a fine layer of glitter all over his body. He tired to brush himself down as he listened to Dawn's explanation - that the half-circle was enchanted and created a temporary barrier when the doors were opened so that all the glitter did not escape the vault, but unfortunately trapped anyone who wanted to open it into getting buried in a pile of glitter.

As Baldr turned to look up the slope and towards the interior of the Vault, his mild irritation at his glittering faded away to nothing as he took in the size and scale of the vault. The underground room was so large that it seemed to have no boundaries, and shimmering mice darted through the glitter piled up inside.

The group headed inside, receiving some final bits of information from their guides and souvenirs courtesy of Winterfang, before being told to use the Teleport Transport system to be sent home - Baldr suspected with a copious amount of glitter, though looking at the flakes stuck to his body, he'd be taking plenty back with him even if the dragons didn't send any that wasn't currently attached to him!

Baldr spent a little time admiring the glitter and petting the glitter mice, as Winterfang advised. However, after a short while his skin and scales started to itch from the glitter, and he had to admit that washing off his new glitter coat sounded far more appealing than exploring, or sticking around to ask questions. He bid farewell to Winterfang and Dawn, and made his way to the nearest Teleport Transport to make his way home.

A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
@brokenstone

I was hoping a few more people would have asked questions by now to inspire some of my own, but alas..... this is what I could come up with:

1) How are the different colors of glitter kept separate in the vault? Since it shifts around in there, does it end up getting mixed a lot?

2) Why don't they just teleport the deliveries to their destinations?

3) Does Winterfang still have a job after this?
@brokenstone

I was hoping a few more people would have asked questions by now to inspire some of my own, but alas..... this is what I could come up with:

1) How are the different colors of glitter kept separate in the vault? Since it shifts around in there, does it end up getting mixed a lot?

2) Why don't they just teleport the deliveries to their destinations?

3) Does Winterfang still have a job after this?
t9AD0gu.pngsvjBuMU.gif
1 2 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114