Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Afterlife: Year Anniversary~Discussion
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 83 84
@Maithax Im sorry for doing this so soon but i would like to ask for a replacement i dont have as much time as i thought i would :D hope you guys have fun
@Maithax Im sorry for doing this so soon but i would like to ask for a replacement i dont have as much time as i thought i would :D hope you guys have fun
Wing-L.png tQNKn2f.pngQy3ePDn.pngWing-R.png

@Artgeekallday
It's fine. I will get a replacement once I get home.
@Artgeekallday
It's fine. I will get a replacement once I get home.
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
Hi everyone! I'm PurpleHibiscus, but you can call me Purple or Hibiscus for short. (I prefer Purple.) I'm on FR time, and I'll try to participate whenever I can. I have summer school Monday through Thursday until 3:00 PM so I probably won't be able to post before then.

Pronouns: She/Her

I'm really excited for this game! This is my second time ever playing mafia. In my first game, I was the first to die, so I didn't gain much experience. I apologize in advance if any of my actions are weird or make no sense. Let me know if this happens, it's probably since I don't really know what to do. I'll do my best to interpret everything correctly though, and I hope to have a lot of fun! :)

What do you think about RVS?
I have no experience with this, but I'm assuming it means to randomly vote to lynch someone without any evidence.(Let me know if I'm wrong!) I feel like random lynching is a gamble. You have a chance to lynch mafia, but there's also a chance that you'll lynch townspeople. I think that it's a huge risk, but sometimes it pays off and helps us win the game. I don't really see it as scummy, but I think it would be a last resort if there are no clues to go off of. It's not really good or bad, just a risky option that we can take. I'm an all or nothing kind of person, so if I have nobody I suspect, I'll probably randomly vote for someone in hopes that my risk will pay off and help me win.

In what circumstances do you think it's better to not lynch at all?
Like I mentioned multiple times before, I don't have much experience with mafia, so I don't know when it would be better not to lynch. I'd probably just observe what other people are doing since they have more experience and they probably would know when you should abstain from voting.

Sorry if any of this was too repetitive or if it was confusing, I'm sick and sleepy right now. :/
Hi everyone! I'm PurpleHibiscus, but you can call me Purple or Hibiscus for short. (I prefer Purple.) I'm on FR time, and I'll try to participate whenever I can. I have summer school Monday through Thursday until 3:00 PM so I probably won't be able to post before then.

Pronouns: She/Her

I'm really excited for this game! This is my second time ever playing mafia. In my first game, I was the first to die, so I didn't gain much experience. I apologize in advance if any of my actions are weird or make no sense. Let me know if this happens, it's probably since I don't really know what to do. I'll do my best to interpret everything correctly though, and I hope to have a lot of fun! :)

What do you think about RVS?
I have no experience with this, but I'm assuming it means to randomly vote to lynch someone without any evidence.(Let me know if I'm wrong!) I feel like random lynching is a gamble. You have a chance to lynch mafia, but there's also a chance that you'll lynch townspeople. I think that it's a huge risk, but sometimes it pays off and helps us win the game. I don't really see it as scummy, but I think it would be a last resort if there are no clues to go off of. It's not really good or bad, just a risky option that we can take. I'm an all or nothing kind of person, so if I have nobody I suspect, I'll probably randomly vote for someone in hopes that my risk will pay off and help me win.

In what circumstances do you think it's better to not lynch at all?
Like I mentioned multiple times before, I don't have much experience with mafia, so I don't know when it would be better not to lynch. I'd probably just observe what other people are doing since they have more experience and they probably would know when you should abstain from voting.

Sorry if any of this was too repetitive or if it was confusing, I'm sick and sleepy right now. :/
pukasloth_sleeping2.gif
@Gwendolyn It mostly makes sense!

@Tristess Ehhh, I don't think random voting should ever be used as a last resort. Perhaps as a way to generate discussion, but the actual lynch shouldn't rely on a random vote because it's just that. Random.
@Gwendolyn It mostly makes sense!

@Tristess Ehhh, I don't think random voting should ever be used as a last resort. Perhaps as a way to generate discussion, but the actual lynch shouldn't rely on a random vote because it's just that. Random.
vV5jbm.png
Hi, I am back! [quote name="Rangiku" date=2017-06-10 08:30:05] How do you feel or what is your stance on RVS (Random Voting Stage) and do you see it as scummy or not? [/quote] I don't have experience in RVS, but it doesn't sound very scummy. It might be useful in bringing up conversations from time to time. As long as we don't accidentally lynch town in the process, I guess it is fine......? My tablet is now in low battery, see you soon!
Hi, I am back!
Rangiku wrote on 2017-06-10:

How do you feel or what is your stance on RVS (Random Voting Stage) and do you see it as scummy or not?

I don't have experience in RVS, but it doesn't sound very scummy. It might be useful in bringing up conversations from time to time. As long as we don't accidentally lynch town in the process, I guess it is fine......?

My tablet is now in low battery, see you soon!
arcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.png
[quote name="Cognitive" date=2017-06-10 11:14:28] In what circumstances do you think it's better not to lynch at all? [/quote] When you don't have a solid lynch target that seemed reallly scummy? I don't know...... I mean, if there is no one that seemed suspicious, randomly lynching something will probably hit town, and well......I guess no one wants that. So I guess on those occasions it is better that we not lynch.
Cognitive wrote on 2017-06-10:
In what circumstances do you think it's better not to lynch at all?

When you don't have a solid lynch target that seemed reallly scummy? I don't know...... I mean, if there is no one that seemed suspicious, randomly lynching something will probably hit town, and well......I guess no one wants that. So I guess on those occasions it is better that we not lynch.
@Tanglefire
But how would we know if we were randomly choosing town and not maf? And since mafia in the minority, it's much more likely to accidentally lynch town that mafia.

@Cognitive @Tristess
I suppose I kinda tied two responses together (to cog and tristess) - when is it better to not lynch?From a spec point of view, if it's between two townies, we shouldn't lynch, obviously. But as players, lynching is nearly always the best option because it's the town's (usually) only weapon. But when I read Tristess' response to RVS, I was thinking - is it better to lynch a random person or lynch nobody? I suppose that if town has absoultely 0 leads (a very unlikely and unfavorable situation) and it's really close to lockdown, no lynch might be better (because of what I already stated above). I'd like to know what you all think of that as well; I think it's an interesting situation.
Of course, getting reads and lynching off those is always better than no lynch and RVS.
@Tanglefire
But how would we know if we were randomly choosing town and not maf? And since mafia in the minority, it's much more likely to accidentally lynch town that mafia.

@Cognitive @Tristess
I suppose I kinda tied two responses together (to cog and tristess) - when is it better to not lynch?From a spec point of view, if it's between two townies, we shouldn't lynch, obviously. But as players, lynching is nearly always the best option because it's the town's (usually) only weapon. But when I read Tristess' response to RVS, I was thinking - is it better to lynch a random person or lynch nobody? I suppose that if town has absoultely 0 leads (a very unlikely and unfavorable situation) and it's really close to lockdown, no lynch might be better (because of what I already stated above). I'd like to know what you all think of that as well; I think it's an interesting situation.
Of course, getting reads and lynching off those is always better than no lynch and RVS.
968.png
dancer | fr+3 | music shop | g1 sales | wishlist
@thenightdancer I think in a situation like that, it would be best to lynch nobody. Hopefully it doesn't come to that point, though. Especially later on in the game! If not enough conversation is taking place for anyone to form reads, please try to encourage the conversation rather than stating you have no opinions or nothing to add.
@thenightdancer I think in a situation like that, it would be best to lynch nobody. Hopefully it doesn't come to that point, though. Especially later on in the game! If not enough conversation is taking place for anyone to form reads, please try to encourage the conversation rather than stating you have no opinions or nothing to add.
vV5jbm.png
@TheNightDancer

Err...., which q are you referring too? Just so I can make a specific answer to that.
@TheNightDancer

Err...., which q are you referring too? Just so I can make a specific answer to that.
@Tanglefire
The question I bolded in my reply - is it better to lynch a random player or have a no lynch?

@Cognitive
Yeah, it really is a choice between two evils. I really hope it doesn't come to anything like that this game.
@Tanglefire
The question I bolded in my reply - is it better to lynch a random player or have a no lynch?

@Cognitive
Yeah, it really is a choice between two evils. I really hope it doesn't come to anything like that this game.
968.png
dancer | fr+3 | music shop | g1 sales | wishlist
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 83 84