Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Afterlife: Year Anniversary~Discussion
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 83 84
Afterlife: One Year Anniversary!

Note~please do not post unless you have signed up as a player via the signup thread linked below

It’s been a year since the first round of Afterlife 1 started. This game is to celebrate the one year anniversary of this series creation.

One hundred years ago, from this date, the reaper faction won favor from the ruler of the underworld and were sent to the surface to claim the souls of 16 individuals. While suffering losses on their part, they did emerge victorious in the end. Second came the ghosts many years later. The ghost won just like the reapers did, even though it took longer and they lost significantly more ghosts. The campsite, now bathed in the blood of two groups of people, has been abandoned. Until now.

A new group of 20 has stumbled across this old campsite. They had been on a hike and spotted the cliff from afar. Remembering the stories of the cliff being cursed, they decided to test the old myth. At the base, it was apparent people had died. There was blood soaked dirt and a fractured line of earth, as told in the legends. Circling around, they find the old path and climb to the camp at the top. The old stories are further proven by the sight there. Tents are torn and blood splattered. Old, faded red writing is found on a rock. The word traitor had bleed into the ground near the dust covered fire pit. Fearful, the group starts to back away down the hill.

A quarter of the way down, they run into an obstacle. An invisible wall blocks their path. Four voices fill the air. “You thought to tempt fate by coming here. Now you’ll suffer the same fate as those from a year ago. One by one we will pick you off and claim your souls for our master.” The voices fade into non-existence. What will you do now?

Rules

• Don’t post anything the mod privately tells you word for word. You may paraphrase though. If it’s something I want everyone to be aware of, I’ll announce it publicly
• Follow FR guidelines
• Don’t edit or delete posts
• No outside communication regarding this thread
• Each person must post at least once each day cycle
• Don’t pressure people into revealing their role
• Days are 48 hours and nights are 24 hours (or till all actions have been received). Days and nights end at 10:00 FR time. You may talk during night hours
• Lockdown is 10 minutes before the day ends. No votes or vote changes will be allowed after that time. You may continue to post after lockdown is announced.
• Once you see a Reserved post, all conversation must stop till you see the End of Day post
• Mod’s word is final
• Don’t post in thread after you’re killed. I will send you the spectator chat link
• I can change rules if needed. I’ll alert everyone if I do
• Have fun. This is a requirement. If you don’t have fun, I’ll mod kill you…I’m just kidding…maybe
• Fluff is okay but don’t overdo it
• Be polite. Aggressive is fine but there’s a fine line between aggressive and rude. Don’t cross it or else you will be instantly mod killed. I give one warning when you near it but after that, you’re out.
• No screenshots
• In all QuickTopics, you must use your FR username
• Mafia will win when the number of alive mafia aligned players is equal to the number of innocents alive.
• Innocents win when all the mafia aligned players are dead.
• Mod wins if people are active and the game doesn’t end up canceled :)

Afterlife: One Year Anniversary!

Note~please do not post unless you have signed up as a player via the signup thread linked below

It’s been a year since the first round of Afterlife 1 started. This game is to celebrate the one year anniversary of this series creation.

One hundred years ago, from this date, the reaper faction won favor from the ruler of the underworld and were sent to the surface to claim the souls of 16 individuals. While suffering losses on their part, they did emerge victorious in the end. Second came the ghosts many years later. The ghost won just like the reapers did, even though it took longer and they lost significantly more ghosts. The campsite, now bathed in the blood of two groups of people, has been abandoned. Until now.

A new group of 20 has stumbled across this old campsite. They had been on a hike and spotted the cliff from afar. Remembering the stories of the cliff being cursed, they decided to test the old myth. At the base, it was apparent people had died. There was blood soaked dirt and a fractured line of earth, as told in the legends. Circling around, they find the old path and climb to the camp at the top. The old stories are further proven by the sight there. Tents are torn and blood splattered. Old, faded red writing is found on a rock. The word traitor had bleed into the ground near the dust covered fire pit. Fearful, the group starts to back away down the hill.

A quarter of the way down, they run into an obstacle. An invisible wall blocks their path. Four voices fill the air. “You thought to tempt fate by coming here. Now you’ll suffer the same fate as those from a year ago. One by one we will pick you off and claim your souls for our master.” The voices fade into non-existence. What will you do now?

Rules

• Don’t post anything the mod privately tells you word for word. You may paraphrase though. If it’s something I want everyone to be aware of, I’ll announce it publicly
• Follow FR guidelines
• Don’t edit or delete posts
• No outside communication regarding this thread
• Each person must post at least once each day cycle
• Don’t pressure people into revealing their role
• Days are 48 hours and nights are 24 hours (or till all actions have been received). Days and nights end at 10:00 FR time. You may talk during night hours
• Lockdown is 10 minutes before the day ends. No votes or vote changes will be allowed after that time. You may continue to post after lockdown is announced.
• Once you see a Reserved post, all conversation must stop till you see the End of Day post
• Mod’s word is final
• Don’t post in thread after you’re killed. I will send you the spectator chat link
• I can change rules if needed. I’ll alert everyone if I do
• Have fun. This is a requirement. If you don’t have fun, I’ll mod kill you…I’m just kidding…maybe
• Fluff is okay but don’t overdo it
• Be polite. Aggressive is fine but there’s a fine line between aggressive and rude. Don’t cross it or else you will be instantly mod killed. I give one warning when you near it but after that, you’re out.
• No screenshots
• In all QuickTopics, you must use your FR username
• Mafia will win when the number of alive mafia aligned players is equal to the number of innocents alive.
• Innocents win when all the mafia aligned players are dead.
• Mod wins if people are active and the game doesn’t end up canceled :)

tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
Player List & Status

1. Ghostray
2. Artgeekallday Nerasis - dead, Fate Wielder, Zeus
3. Cognitive - dead, Tracker, Bad Horse
4. StormDreamer - dead, Healer, Mikji
5. MagykalWagykal
6. Sirenia -dead, Pancake, alignment + role name unknown
7. Raya36 - modkilled, mafia
8. Rangiku - dropped, town
9. Gwendolyn - dead, Malac, alignment + role name unknown
10. Tanglefire - dead, Seer, Esmeralda Everland
11. TheNightDancer
12. PurpleHibiscus -dead, Warden, Grape
13. Tristess - dead, Scythe Wielder, me333
14. kaymontacell - dead, Trapper, Omages LaFayette
15. WaywardWillow - dead, Guard, Ramsey
16. Kamme Crumbleless
17. Blauw - failed to be replaced, town
18. Kyumileo - dead, Savior, Potato
19. JaguarCutie224
20. Maithax
Player List & Status

1. Ghostray
2. Artgeekallday Nerasis - dead, Fate Wielder, Zeus
3. Cognitive - dead, Tracker, Bad Horse
4. StormDreamer - dead, Healer, Mikji
5. MagykalWagykal
6. Sirenia -dead, Pancake, alignment + role name unknown
7. Raya36 - modkilled, mafia
8. Rangiku - dropped, town
9. Gwendolyn - dead, Malac, alignment + role name unknown
10. Tanglefire - dead, Seer, Esmeralda Everland
11. TheNightDancer
12. PurpleHibiscus -dead, Warden, Grape
13. Tristess - dead, Scythe Wielder, me333
14. kaymontacell - dead, Trapper, Omages LaFayette
15. WaywardWillow - dead, Guard, Ramsey
16. Kamme Crumbleless
17. Blauw - failed to be replaced, town
18. Kyumileo - dead, Savior, Potato
19. JaguarCutie224
20. Maithax
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
Players: @Ghostray @Artgeekallday @Cognitive @StormDreamer @MagykalWagykal @Sirenia @Raya36 @Rangiku @Gwendolyn @Tanglefire @TheNightDancer @PurpleHibiscus @Tristess @kaymontacell @WaywardWillow @Kamme @Blauw @Kyumileo @JaguarCutie224

Replacements: @xspideray @anika @Nerasis

Spectators: @GilatheHybrid @Epioth @CrystalBones @Raccoongirl @Moonbeams

We are starting! Players may begin to post and discuss with each other here. Day 1 will end on June 12th at 10:00 FR time.
Players: @Ghostray @Artgeekallday @Cognitive @StormDreamer @MagykalWagykal @Sirenia @Raya36 @Rangiku @Gwendolyn @Tanglefire @TheNightDancer @PurpleHibiscus @Tristess @kaymontacell @WaywardWillow @Kamme @Blauw @Kyumileo @JaguarCutie224

Replacements: @xspideray @anika @Nerasis

Spectators: @GilatheHybrid @Epioth @CrystalBones @Raccoongirl @Moonbeams

We are starting! Players may begin to post and discuss with each other here. Day 1 will end on June 12th at 10:00 FR time.
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it

first post :)

Hello there!

This is Tangle, or Tanglefire. She/her pronouns please. I don't really know which time zone I am in, and all I know is that rollover is at 3:00pm over here.

This is the first time playing mafia games, both real life and on FR, so I may not exactly be the best person to go to for advice. I will try my best to read through everything and give good analysis, but if any of them makes no sense/is not that good, please do tell me! I have only spectate a few other games, and I guess I still have a lot to learn!

I am looking forward to having a great game with you all!

Anyways going to bed soon -- so won't be here for the next hours

first post :)

Hello there!

This is Tangle, or Tanglefire. She/her pronouns please. I don't really know which time zone I am in, and all I know is that rollover is at 3:00pm over here.

This is the first time playing mafia games, both real life and on FR, so I may not exactly be the best person to go to for advice. I will try my best to read through everything and give good analysis, but if any of them makes no sense/is not that good, please do tell me! I have only spectate a few other games, and I guess I still have a lot to learn!

I am looking forward to having a great game with you all!

Anyways going to bed soon -- so won't be here for the next hours

arcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.png
Greetings everyone!

Name is Rangiku. I also go by Ran or Rang. I am plus three FR and work evening shift weekly, so a majority of the time, I will be absent throughout the afternoon and evening and will not return right before lockdown.

As for pronouns, she/her please. But they/them also work if you are unsure.

I will be around today until about noon FR time then unavailable until around nine - ten tonight.

Quite a few of you I recognize and a few of you I haven't seen in a while. Nice to play with you guys again! Though there are some of you who are new, which also I look forward to playing the game with as well. :D

I suppose as usual, I will kick off with a question:

How do you feel or what is your stance on RVS (Random Voting Stage) and do you see it as scummy or not?
Greetings everyone!

Name is Rangiku. I also go by Ran or Rang. I am plus three FR and work evening shift weekly, so a majority of the time, I will be absent throughout the afternoon and evening and will not return right before lockdown.

As for pronouns, she/her please. But they/them also work if you are unsure.

I will be around today until about noon FR time then unavailable until around nine - ten tonight.

Quite a few of you I recognize and a few of you I haven't seen in a while. Nice to play with you guys again! Though there are some of you who are new, which also I look forward to playing the game with as well. :D

I suppose as usual, I will kick off with a question:

How do you feel or what is your stance on RVS (Random Voting Stage) and do you see it as scummy or not?
Z9y97hI.pngfmncwKc.pngIIqCc0y.png
Hey everyone! My name is Sirenia, but I prefer to go by Siri. My timezone is EST (+3FR time), and I should be on often, except in the early mornings and evenings. My pronouns are she/her. I've played mafia games on another website and just recently played my first mafia game on FR, so im excited to play more! [quote]How do you feel or what is your stance on RVS (Random Voting Stage) and do you see it as scummy or not?[/quote] I think if we have no leads and we [i]must [/i] find someone soon, then RVS is a good thing. I don't see it as scummy.
Hey everyone!

My name is Sirenia, but I prefer to go by Siri. My timezone is EST (+3FR time), and I should be on often, except in the early mornings and evenings. My pronouns are she/her.

I've played mafia games on another website and just recently played my first mafia game on FR, so im excited to play more!
Quote:
I think if we have no leads and we must find someone soon, then RVS is a good thing. I don't see it as scummy.
RVS doesn't necessarily have to be done if there are lack of suspects of candidates to form a wagon. Consequently, RVS can be done right out of the gate in attempt to gauge reactions and doesn't necessarily have to be in face anything else.

To answer my own question:

I don't attribute it to scummy albeit it can be seen as strange and abrupt, generally its a risky tactic that will generally spark discussion to see how the rest of the field reacts to it. I also do not find it AI, therefore its more so a reason to get people talking then in lieu to lynch someone.
RVS doesn't necessarily have to be done if there are lack of suspects of candidates to form a wagon. Consequently, RVS can be done right out of the gate in attempt to gauge reactions and doesn't necessarily have to be in face anything else.

To answer my own question:

I don't attribute it to scummy albeit it can be seen as strange and abrupt, generally its a risky tactic that will generally spark discussion to see how the rest of the field reacts to it. I also do not find it AI, therefore its more so a reason to get people talking then in lieu to lynch someone.
Z9y97hI.pngfmncwKc.pngIIqCc0y.png
oh god storm why did you get yourself in so many games how are you going to juggle 3 games at a time aaa

Hello guys. It is 12am here in Hong Kong, so I'd head off to sleep soon, but a quick intro:
I'm Storm, she/her pronouns, FR+15. My brain is currently half dead and tired. Rip.

I don't have a lot of experience on RVS, as I don't think that's seen in FR games, but in my only (failed) attempt at playing on another site, there was RVS, which helped with scumhunting.
I can't really read RVS though and it kind of confuses me, but I'm willing to learn how that happens ;w;
Not sure if I consider it scummy or not >.>

And uhhhhh.... I know I've sworn out of this habit, but
Just this once, just for day one,
I M S O R R Y
(ilu Maithax <3)
oh god storm why did you get yourself in so many games how are you going to juggle 3 games at a time aaa

Hello guys. It is 12am here in Hong Kong, so I'd head off to sleep soon, but a quick intro:
I'm Storm, she/her pronouns, FR+15. My brain is currently half dead and tired. Rip.

I don't have a lot of experience on RVS, as I don't think that's seen in FR games, but in my only (failed) attempt at playing on another site, there was RVS, which helped with scumhunting.
I can't really read RVS though and it kind of confuses me, but I'm willing to learn how that happens ;w;
Not sure if I consider it scummy or not >.>

And uhhhhh.... I know I've sworn out of this habit, but
Just this once, just for day one,
I M S O R R Y
(ilu Maithax <3)
jghAv2V.png
@StormDreamer
*gasps loudly* how dare thee
I mean, it's not like there are really any consequences for it in this game so go ahead, I guess
@StormDreamer
*gasps loudly* how dare thee
I mean, it's not like there are really any consequences for it in this game so go ahead, I guess
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
Hello guys! I'm Ghostray, though I prefer Ghost. I'm +3 FR time and I try to be as active as possible where ever I am.

Pronouns He/him/they

I'm excited to play another mafia game after my long break.

I don't think RVS is good in any sense, it's very flawed and risky and 9 times out of 10 it will cost you the game. Especially in a madness game because there is no real sure fire way to not hit the roles that will save you late game. It's also just really annoying and a stupid way to play a mafia game. (Town of Salem player here so my distaste for the RVS stems from this game, which is known as VFR, vote for roles, and is pretty much the same thing as RVS)

I don't exactly see someone who does RVS as scummy but, it makes it plain to see they have no skill or eye in the game.
Hello guys! I'm Ghostray, though I prefer Ghost. I'm +3 FR time and I try to be as active as possible where ever I am.

Pronouns He/him/they

I'm excited to play another mafia game after my long break.

I don't think RVS is good in any sense, it's very flawed and risky and 9 times out of 10 it will cost you the game. Especially in a madness game because there is no real sure fire way to not hit the roles that will save you late game. It's also just really annoying and a stupid way to play a mafia game. (Town of Salem player here so my distaste for the RVS stems from this game, which is known as VFR, vote for roles, and is pretty much the same thing as RVS)

I don't exactly see someone who does RVS as scummy but, it makes it plain to see they have no skill or eye in the game.
blxU3AT.png
"Belief is only half the healing. Belief of the cure. Belif of the future. belief of what happens in the future."
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 83 84