Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Fountain of Life Discussion GAME OVER
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 85 86
Thanks kitty. Also, don't worry about pings with me. I'm subbed!

As for the edit deal. I understand where it's coming from, but I find it annoying because every now and then I "canz noot grmmer correct". So if I make some horrible grammar mistakes, it is there forever. :')
Thanks kitty. Also, don't worry about pings with me. I'm subbed!

As for the edit deal. I understand where it's coming from, but I find it annoying because every now and then I "canz noot grmmer correct". So if I make some horrible grammar mistakes, it is there forever. :')
@rangiku

What is your stance on meta? When should it be aproberate (or not aproberate) to judge whether or not someone is suss?

As for meta, eh, I throw it out the window. I like to come in as foolish as possible, so I can see debates and stances with fresh eyes each time. Every game is bound to be different, so why mire oneself with theoretical patterns?

As for sus, I find that it's an important double edged sword. Without suss, no one would be able to progress. However, even in well-intentioned suss situations, one can get the limelight put on them instead. I like to hold my sus cards close to my chest until I find a really odd, condemning logical fallacy that I can work with. I mean, in a game like this, I feel like every person is at least suspicious until proven by death. That's just how these games go, I feel.

@blanketgender

How about that D1 lynch?

I think it's useful actually. It's a good jumping off point to start to see both the movements of town and mafia and get ahold of who was saying what in retrospect. Behaviors may not seem too weird in the moment, but as heads start to roll, one can then get a better idea of people's rolls in a situations.

@GrandSerpentine

Ah, awesome! I just finished Maid Dragon yesterday and enjoyed it deeply. I'm actually a pretty darn big fan of yuri as well, with Yurikuma Arashi standing as one of my favorite animes of all time. It's amazing as a real queer girl to see such a deft commentary on the perception of lesbians in Japan in one surreal allegory. I strongly recommend for you to check it out if you haven't already. I went to Anime Boston this year as Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena, which is another great feminist work by the same director. Ah yes, Madoka Magica is a wonderful time. It's been awhile since I've seen it, but I'm a giant fan of the director (Shinbo directed another one of my fave animes of all time: Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei).

Anyway, will catch up on forum in a hot second. It's really, really fast moving right now.
@rangiku

What is your stance on meta? When should it be aproberate (or not aproberate) to judge whether or not someone is suss?

As for meta, eh, I throw it out the window. I like to come in as foolish as possible, so I can see debates and stances with fresh eyes each time. Every game is bound to be different, so why mire oneself with theoretical patterns?

As for sus, I find that it's an important double edged sword. Without suss, no one would be able to progress. However, even in well-intentioned suss situations, one can get the limelight put on them instead. I like to hold my sus cards close to my chest until I find a really odd, condemning logical fallacy that I can work with. I mean, in a game like this, I feel like every person is at least suspicious until proven by death. That's just how these games go, I feel.

@blanketgender

How about that D1 lynch?

I think it's useful actually. It's a good jumping off point to start to see both the movements of town and mafia and get ahold of who was saying what in retrospect. Behaviors may not seem too weird in the moment, but as heads start to roll, one can then get a better idea of people's rolls in a situations.

@GrandSerpentine

Ah, awesome! I just finished Maid Dragon yesterday and enjoyed it deeply. I'm actually a pretty darn big fan of yuri as well, with Yurikuma Arashi standing as one of my favorite animes of all time. It's amazing as a real queer girl to see such a deft commentary on the perception of lesbians in Japan in one surreal allegory. I strongly recommend for you to check it out if you haven't already. I went to Anime Boston this year as Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena, which is another great feminist work by the same director. Ah yes, Madoka Magica is a wonderful time. It's been awhile since I've seen it, but I'm a giant fan of the director (Shinbo directed another one of my fave animes of all time: Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei).

Anyway, will catch up on forum in a hot second. It's really, really fast moving right now.
Guess what? I'm raising eggs on dragcave too. Give them some clicks?
4F2gE.gif4Vsv6.gifYYxsZ.gifZd4so.gif
@kaymontacell if you think this is fast you should have seen my last game at the near end of night one XD there was almost a response every time you refreshed the page (aka one second)
@kaymontacell if you think this is fast you should have seen my last game at the near end of night one XD there was almost a response every time you refreshed the page (aka one second)
7NebxtL.jpg
@SweetToothArt why did you change your text color?
@SweetToothArt why did you change your text color?
LUZk8tY.png
Hello all, I am Gwendolyn. Call me Gwen. I use she/her pronouns or they/them is fine. I am FR +3 and am usually on most of the day or better to say around most of the day. I'm not 100% glued to my computer. I sub to the thread and am always checking when I get a chance. I am also one half of the Elan Myalis hydra with Ran. I am good with day 1 lynching if I can see the reasoning behind the lynch. I will not random lynch, or lynch an inactive as I feel that inactives can and will be replaced. Lurkers are another story. It just depends on if they have been active on the site and not here as to whether I will vote for them. [quote]What is your stance on meta? When should it be appropriate (or not appropriate) to judge whether or not someone is suss?[/quote] (Sorry hun I had to fix the spelling. It was bugging the crap of me. I know you are on mobile and that sucks) To be honest, using someone's meta is not usually a good idea, especially if their meta changes from game to game or role to role. It would be hard to say that because person A acted like this in game whatever, and they are acting the same here so person A is scum or suss in some way. Don't usually work like that unless they are someone who plays the same way ever game. But if they are, just because they were scum in that game, don't mean that they are scum in this game. So either way the sussing based on meta is not useful. The whole random vote in the beginning just really threw me off . Not a fan of random lynching and makes squint just a bit at @GrandSerpentine. @Oricole [quote name="Oricole" date=2017-05-04 16:01:33] @/origamer It's only been a day and you already want to fight. [b]Is Ambrose claiming a power role.[/b] [/quote] You're role fishing again.
Hello all, I am Gwendolyn. Call me Gwen. I use she/her pronouns or they/them is fine. I am FR +3 and am usually on most of the day or better to say around most of the day. I'm not 100% glued to my computer. I sub to the thread and am always checking when I get a chance. I am also one half of the Elan Myalis hydra with Ran. I am good with day 1 lynching if I can see the reasoning behind the lynch. I will not random lynch, or lynch an inactive as I feel that inactives can and will be replaced. Lurkers are another story. It just depends on if they have been active on the site and not here as to whether I will vote for them.

Quote:
What is your stance on meta? When should it be appropriate (or not appropriate) to judge whether or not someone is suss?
(Sorry hun I had to fix the spelling. It was bugging the crap of me. I know you are on mobile and that sucks)

To be honest, using someone's meta is not usually a good idea, especially if their meta changes from game to game or role to role. It would be hard to say that because person A acted like this in game whatever, and they are acting the same here so person A is scum or suss in some way. Don't usually work like that unless they are someone who plays the same way ever game. But if they are, just because they were scum in that game, don't mean that they are scum in this game. So either way the sussing based on meta is not useful.

The whole random vote in the beginning just really threw me off . Not a fan of random lynching and makes squint just a bit at @GrandSerpentine.

@Oricole
Oricole wrote on 2017-05-04:
@/origamer
It's only been a day and you already want to fight.
Is Ambrose claiming a power role.
You're role fishing again.
@kaymontacell
Ooh, I'll be sure to check it out. I'm sure if you found it interesting as a queer girl, I'm sure I will too being a lesbian. As for yuri I've seen, I really like Strawberry Panic and Sakura Trick, and I've been starting to read some Yuri Hime manga.
@kaymontacell
Ooh, I'll be sure to check it out. I'm sure if you found it interesting as a queer girl, I'm sure I will too being a lesbian. As for yuri I've seen, I really like Strawberry Panic and Sakura Trick, and I've been starting to read some Yuri Hime manga.
@blanketgender thought it would look cool. And you can still read it
@blanketgender thought it would look cool. And you can still read it
7NebxtL.jpg
@SweetToothArt

Good gosh, really? That's insane.

@GrandSerpentine

I realize I misspoke. I am a bisexual with a *strong* lean towards girls (I use queer as a shorthand when with friends, but I realize the jury's out on the exact definition, but eh). I see you like yourself some Class S type shows, interesting! Yeah, I can totally hook you up with some yuri recs throughout, as I'm always glad to spread some of the stuff I've found. I make it a point to go to LGBTQ panels at anime conventions and such, as it's hard to find oneself a good queer-positive anime. Like, as much as I enjoyed Sakura Trick too, I realized I wasn't quite the demographic they were going for. Good gosh, I could talk about this for hours. I wrote part of my college essay on this.

@Gwendolyn

Hello again!

@Oricole
Your responses are rather minimalistic; do you mind elaborating?
@SweetToothArt

Good gosh, really? That's insane.

@GrandSerpentine

I realize I misspoke. I am a bisexual with a *strong* lean towards girls (I use queer as a shorthand when with friends, but I realize the jury's out on the exact definition, but eh). I see you like yourself some Class S type shows, interesting! Yeah, I can totally hook you up with some yuri recs throughout, as I'm always glad to spread some of the stuff I've found. I make it a point to go to LGBTQ panels at anime conventions and such, as it's hard to find oneself a good queer-positive anime. Like, as much as I enjoyed Sakura Trick too, I realized I wasn't quite the demographic they were going for. Good gosh, I could talk about this for hours. I wrote part of my college essay on this.

@Gwendolyn

Hello again!

@Oricole
Your responses are rather minimalistic; do you mind elaborating?
Guess what? I'm raising eggs on dragcave too. Give them some clicks?
4F2gE.gif4Vsv6.gifYYxsZ.gifZd4so.gif
[quote name="@Gwendolyn" date=2017-05-04 18:04:08] [quote name="Oricole" date=2017-05-04 16:01:33] @/origamer It's only been a day and you already want to fight. [b]Is Ambrose claiming a power role.[/b] [/quote] You're role fishing again. [/quote] (?? ~ ???? ???
@Gwendolyn wrote on 2017-05-04:
Oricole wrote on 2017-05-04:
@/origamer
It's only been a day and you already want to fight.
Is Ambrose claiming a power role.
You're role fishing again.
(?? ~ ???? ???

sig110_by_dingobreath-dcmndep.png

RMJd8xc.gif
@Kaymontacell yep! Everyone kept ninja'ing each other it was so fun to see
@Kaymontacell yep! Everyone kept ninja'ing each other it was so fun to see
7NebxtL.jpg
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 85 86