Forum Games
Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Fountain of Life Discussion GAME OVER
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 85 86
@Ambrose yes

@Rangiku ninja'd me on the question, i'm writing my own but will respond to yours in a sec
@Ambrose yes

@Rangiku ninja'd me on the question, i'm writing my own but will respond to yours in a sec
LUZk8tY.png
[quote name="blanketgender" date=2017-05-04 17:05:14] placing a random vote early on is not an effective way to start a lynch, so it's hard for any of us to say the motivation behind it. [/quote] I agree with this, and also I think fixating on a random vote is probably not a great thing to do and seems like an easy 'sowing of the seeds' thing for mafia to do to push a mislynch later jmho
blanketgender wrote on 2017-05-04:
placing a random vote early on is not an effective way to start a lynch, so it's hard for any of us to say the motivation behind it.

I agree with this, and also I think fixating on a random vote is probably not a great thing to do and seems like an easy 'sowing of the seeds' thing for mafia to do to push a mislynch later

jmho

jvTgQEX.png
question:

How do you feel about D1 lynching?

i'm always in favor of a D1 lynch for a few reasons. mafia slip up even on D1, the lynch is town's only real tool to weed out mafia, and even a mislynch will reveal information for us to work with (who pushed hardest for a lynch, who voted when, who was swayed by what evidence, etc). even though a mislynch will technically provide us with information on any day, D1 is when we can most afford to lose a townie to a mislynch. a no-lynch on D1 is bad, and the mafia definitely won't abstain from their night kill just because town abstained from a lynch.
question:

i'm always in favor of a D1 lynch for a few reasons. mafia slip up even on D1, the lynch is town's only real tool to weed out mafia, and even a mislynch will reveal information for us to work with (who pushed hardest for a lynch, who voted when, who was swayed by what evidence, etc). even though a mislynch will technically provide us with information on any day, D1 is when we can most afford to lose a townie to a mislynch. a no-lynch on D1 is bad, and the mafia definitely won't abstain from their night kill just because town abstained from a lynch.
LUZk8tY.png
@blanketgender

Oh no worries! I actually never proposed a question before and that popped into my head. I am interested to see your question as well.
@blanketgender

Oh no worries! I actually never proposed a question before and that popped into my head. I am interested to see your question as well.
Z9y97hI.pngfmncwKc.pngIIqCc0y.png
@Rangiku

Personal-based Meta will get you in a lot of trouble with people who are aware of how to manipulate it to their advantage

meta as in 'understanding the psychology of how town, 3P or mafia will react' informs deductive abilities in-thread
@Rangiku

Personal-based Meta will get you in a lot of trouble with people who are aware of how to manipulate it to their advantage

meta as in 'understanding the psychology of how town, 3P or mafia will react' informs deductive abilities in-thread
jvTgQEX.png
@blanketgender

d1 lynching or bust
@blanketgender

d1 lynching or bust
jvTgQEX.png
[quote name="@kaymontacell" date=2017-05-04 17:06:58] @ GrandSerpentine Hey, I love anime too! What shows are you into? This is my second forum mafia game, and I agree with @ Ambrose; IRL mafia is much different. At least how I play with my friends, it's a good lot more silly. I remember being at lunch and telling my friend "Good golly gosh, this forum mafia is so much more metal than I thought it would be." Still, as you can see, it didn't scare me off. [/quote] I'm really into madoka magica right now. I also love maid dragon, pokemon, re:zero, flip flappers, [s]PSG[/s], and various yuri anime to name a few. I agree though, IRL was very goofy and simple. The mafia would kill someone, the doctor would save someone, and the cop would arrest two people. Everyone would vote who between the two arrested people would get executed. Our testimonies were stupid like "At 3:00 am I was on mars doing the chicken dance to get free pizza."
@kaymontacell wrote on 2017-05-04:
@ GrandSerpentine

Hey, I love anime too! What shows are you into? This is my second forum mafia game, and I agree with @ Ambrose; IRL mafia is much different. At least how I play with my friends, it's a good lot more silly. I remember being at lunch and telling my friend "Good golly gosh, this forum mafia is so much more metal than I thought it would be." Still, as you can see, it didn't scare me off.
I'm really into madoka magica right now. I also love maid dragon, pokemon, re:zero, flip flappers, PSG, and various yuri anime to name a few.

I agree though, IRL was very goofy and simple. The mafia would kill someone, the doctor would save someone, and the cop would arrest two people. Everyone would vote who between the two arrested people would get executed. Our testimonies were stupid like "At 3:00 am I was on mars doing the chicken dance to get free pizza."
sigh_1.pngmono_4.gifsigh_1.png
[quote name="blanketgender" date=2017-05-04 17:14:20] question: How do you feel about D1 lynching? [/quote] Personally I still remain on the fence with D1 lynching. Granted there is always that chance for a mislynch and honestly, despite it may provide valuable information, I would rather vote on something more solid then willy nilly. Given a mislynch providing us something to use, I agree the mafia will not neglect their NK and we have just handed them two kills. Especially in a smaller game like this If that could possibly be avoided it would be better for town. As for meta: I feel it shouldn't always be used as a basis for judging whether or not someone is acting suspicious or not. Everyone doesn't necessarily act the same every game and their play may/may not change due to alignment. I also feel meta isn't necessarily AI. Using that as a sole reason for judgement could lead to wrong choices and possibly be used to mislead as well. Alright break time is over. I will respond and catchup when able. [s]Excuse any typos. Using mobile and mobile sucks.[/s]
blanketgender wrote on 2017-05-04:
question:

Personally I still remain on the fence with D1 lynching. Granted there is always that chance for a mislynch and honestly, despite it may provide valuable information, I would rather vote on something more solid then willy nilly. Given a mislynch providing us something to use, I agree the mafia will not neglect their NK and we have just handed them two kills. Especially in a smaller game like this

If that could possibly be avoided it would be better for town.

As for meta: I feel it shouldn't always be used as a basis for judging whether or not someone is acting suspicious or not. Everyone doesn't necessarily act the same every game and their play may/may not change due to alignment. I also feel meta isn't necessarily AI. Using that as a sole reason for judgement could lead to wrong choices and possibly be used to mislead as well.

Alright break time is over. I will respond and catchup when able.

Excuse any typos. Using mobile and mobile sucks.
Z9y97hI.pngfmncwKc.pngIIqCc0y.png
@Rangiku [quote]What is your stance on meta? When should it be aproberate (or not aproberate) to judge whether or not someone is suss?[/quote] in the personal sense, i don't use meta very much at all because i don't trust myself to read it well. the way you speak also depends on your familiarity with the players, what's being posted, and a lot of other factors, so you can't really define a speaking style as 'meta.' what i do use to try to figure out who is town and who isn't is figure out why somebody would do something as scum and why they'd do it as town, and see which one makes more sense. meta is always going to be a judgment call like anything else in mafia. it's appropriate to use meta, but only as appropriate as using thread inactivity, typos, friendliness with proven mafia, voting history, etc.--something being appropriate to consider doesn't make it alignment indicative, and there can always be an alternative explanation for somebody's behavior. being snappy in the thread can indicate somebody being mafia, but it can also indicate somebody just having had a bad day. it's always appropriate to think somebody is sus--but that doesn't mean it's justified, that doesn't mean you may not have to rethink it, and that doesn't mean that others have to agree.
@Rangiku
Quote:
What is your stance on meta? When should it be aproberate (or not aproberate) to judge whether or not someone is suss?
in the personal sense, i don't use meta very much at all because i don't trust myself to read it well. the way you speak also depends on your familiarity with the players, what's being posted, and a lot of other factors, so you can't really define a speaking style as 'meta.' what i do use to try to figure out who is town and who isn't is figure out why somebody would do something as scum and why they'd do it as town, and see which one makes more sense.

meta is always going to be a judgment call like anything else in mafia. it's appropriate to use meta, but only as appropriate as using thread inactivity, typos, friendliness with proven mafia, voting history, etc.--something being appropriate to consider doesn't make it alignment indicative, and there can always be an alternative explanation for somebody's behavior. being snappy in the thread can indicate somebody being mafia, but it can also indicate somebody just having had a bad day.

it's always appropriate to think somebody is sus--but that doesn't mean it's justified, that doesn't mean you may not have to rethink it, and that doesn't mean that others have to agree.
LUZk8tY.png
mistakes i have made: 1) jumping in and only saying hello before jumping off to read a book and 2) subbing to the thread when i was gone, with you chatterboxes here jfc [quote=Ran's Question]What is your stance on meta? When should it be aproberate (or not aproberate) to judge whether or not someone is suss?[/quote] Meta can be really useful, actually. It doesn't always work, but it does work occasionally (re: me in Pencil Smudges kek). Although I do think meta alone is probably not enough to lynch someone, unless it's [i]completely off[/i]. ofc meta can be the only reason for a D1 lynch if necessary. Which brings us to the next question.. [quote=Blankey's Question]How do you feel about D1 lynching?[/quote]. I'm not going to initiate the D1 lynch. Of the things I've improved upon during my mafia playing, D1 lynching has not been one of those. Yeah, I'll toss a vote in if I'm convinced enough (convinced is used loosely here) but I'm not going to be one of the people pushing for the lynch.
mistakes i have made:
1) jumping in and only saying hello before jumping off to read a book and
2) subbing to the thread when i was gone, with you chatterboxes here jfc

Ran's Question wrote:
What is your stance on meta? When should it be aproberate (or not aproberate) to judge whether or not someone is suss?

Meta can be really useful, actually. It doesn't always work, but it does work occasionally (re: me in Pencil Smudges kek). Although I do think meta alone is probably not enough to lynch someone, unless it's completely off.

ofc meta can be the only reason for a D1 lynch if necessary. Which brings us to the next question..

Blankey's Question wrote:
I'm not going to initiate the D1 lynch. Of the things I've improved upon during my mafia playing, D1 lynching has not been one of those. Yeah, I'll toss a vote in if I'm convinced enough (convinced is used loosely here) but I'm not going to be one of the people pushing for the lynch.

hJ8OTHQ.gifELCP3EK.gifhoCtO2k.gif ~~~~~~~ tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo6_100.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 85 86