Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Testing 1 2 3~Discussion thread~Ended
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 25 26
@anika
Yes you're right. I'm sorry I put you in the wrong spot. Won't happen again.
@anika
Yes you're right. I'm sorry I put you in the wrong spot. Won't happen again.
OKAY! Scanned / read up to here.

Hello! I'm Bearclaws, but people tend to call me either; Bear, Becca, or Rebecca (my rl name)! I'm a girl who goes by she/her and they/them. I've been playing mafia for awhile now, FR and on Town of Salem. My meta is more geared towards ToS, however, because I'm more of a veteran there than here. :,D

People usually know me by my (somtimes) impossible text and constant name changes. So chances are you know me but just don't remember. Ahaha. I know I know a few faces here and can't wait to get started!

Now with my introduction out of the way.

I would say that @TeenytinyDragon could just be posting pictures for the sake of being a neutral party. But I looked back at the role list and it seems to be only the seer, town, and mafia. So I have to ask, why are you putting these pictures here? What does that contribute to the discussion? It can be very distracting because most people (like myself) won't be reading, they'll just look at the picture you provided.

That and the overall insisting of including this silly quirk in your posts is quite intriguing...and mildly irritating; but that's only because I have such a short attention span to begin with.

And then the case with @Shinxle seems like a normal newbie townie tbh, even if they seem a bit jumpy. The prospect of a first day lynch is always a daunting task and with people pointing at people randomly; I can see why they would be so quick to jump on their defense. It's a usual newbie response, at from the games I've seen.

I'd like to see them post a bit more before I write anyone of them off as scum. But so far, I don't have any vibes from the each of them. Just, of course, questions.
OKAY! Scanned / read up to here.

Hello! I'm Bearclaws, but people tend to call me either; Bear, Becca, or Rebecca (my rl name)! I'm a girl who goes by she/her and they/them. I've been playing mafia for awhile now, FR and on Town of Salem. My meta is more geared towards ToS, however, because I'm more of a veteran there than here. :,D

People usually know me by my (somtimes) impossible text and constant name changes. So chances are you know me but just don't remember. Ahaha. I know I know a few faces here and can't wait to get started!

Now with my introduction out of the way.

I would say that @TeenytinyDragon could just be posting pictures for the sake of being a neutral party. But I looked back at the role list and it seems to be only the seer, town, and mafia. So I have to ask, why are you putting these pictures here? What does that contribute to the discussion? It can be very distracting because most people (like myself) won't be reading, they'll just look at the picture you provided.

That and the overall insisting of including this silly quirk in your posts is quite intriguing...and mildly irritating; but that's only because I have such a short attention span to begin with.

And then the case with @Shinxle seems like a normal newbie townie tbh, even if they seem a bit jumpy. The prospect of a first day lynch is always a daunting task and with people pointing at people randomly; I can see why they would be so quick to jump on their defense. It's a usual newbie response, at from the games I've seen.

I'd like to see them post a bit more before I write anyone of them off as scum. But so far, I don't have any vibes from the each of them. Just, of course, questions.
Used to be Bearteeth
call me bear
ink2.png
@TeenyTinyDragon Okay, I understand that. The reason I was leaning more towards your post's meaning being you weren't pro-D1 lynching is because you gave reasons why it would be a bad idea but didn't give any for why it would be a good idea besides saying that we beed to scumhunt everyone although I understand you were answering a question that didn't ask for the pros.
So why do you think day one lynches are a good idea if you are all for D1 lynching?
You also said that you wanted to get a read out there. I was wondering if you had any other reads at the moment?

(Sorry for drilling you with questions. At the moment I'm leaning towards you the most for voting but I want to make sure you've had a good chance to defend yourself and that I have all the facts straight before voting)
@TeenyTinyDragon Okay, I understand that. The reason I was leaning more towards your post's meaning being you weren't pro-D1 lynching is because you gave reasons why it would be a bad idea but didn't give any for why it would be a good idea besides saying that we beed to scumhunt everyone although I understand you were answering a question that didn't ask for the pros.
So why do you think day one lynches are a good idea if you are all for D1 lynching?
You also said that you wanted to get a read out there. I was wondering if you had any other reads at the moment?

(Sorry for drilling you with questions. At the moment I'm leaning towards you the most for voting but I want to make sure you've had a good chance to defend yourself and that I have all the facts straight before voting)
tumblr_px5tx30YX41ta9vl4o2_500.gif
@Bearclaws Ah ok, I understand why these images would be annoying. I was just posting them for fun because Mafia games can get quite not-peaceful (I cannot think of the right word) but if it's really a bother I can stop. @Raya36 D1 lynches are good because it's our only weapon as Town so we might as well use it. And like @VivaFariy said if we don't lynch then we have 0% of hitting Mafia. Gotta go to a tooth extraction. I'll come back later. [img]http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130820171022/villains/images/6/66/Aku_grin.png[/img][/center]
@Bearclaws
Ah ok, I understand why these images would be annoying. I was just posting them for fun because Mafia games can get quite not-peaceful (I cannot think of the right word) but if it's really a bother I can stop.

@Raya36
D1 lynches are good because it's our only weapon as Town so we might as well use it. And like @VivaFariy said if we don't lynch then we have 0% of hitting Mafia.

Gotta go to a tooth extraction. I'll come back later.

Aku_grin.png[/center]
Looking for
- "runic prince" or "runic king" accent
- Sand/Oilslick/Obsidian Light Wildclaw - can you breed this?
| For sale |
| Fandergs |
___________|
BEGocSN.pngTeeny_Sprite.png
eSXu2YQ.png
[quote name="@Cognitive" date=2017-04-25 07:10:07] For everyone: Based on teenytinydragon's insistence on posting pictures would you be more inclined to think they are town or mafia? [/quote] It doesn't strike me as an AI move, though I will admit that I find it annoying. --- I'm trying to wrap my head around the whole thing between @teenytinydragon and @Shinxle. I will admit that it seemed odd to me at first that Teeny singled out Shinxle and read them as town without giving reads for other players. However, I don't know why Teeny would feel the need to do this if they were scum. Shinxle wasn't under very much scrutiny prior to Shinxle's post. IF scum, Teeny wouldn't try to draw attention on themselves. Defending a scumbuddy not in need of defense right off the bat is the antithesis of laying low. So I feel like Teeny's townread of Shinxle wasn't necessarily a scum move, just a weird and not very thought out town move. That being said, I'd love to get a more complete read list from you, Teeny. As for Shinxle, I'm getting townie newbie vibes from them. I know that I tend to be a bit protective when it comes to newbies, but I've seen countless town-aligned newbies mislynched just because they're confused on the game mechanics or inadvertently coming off as sheepy. I say that we should give Shinxle some time to learn the ropes of the game and then they may start being less sheepy and will contribute original ideas.
@Cognitive wrote on 2017-04-25:
For everyone: Based on teenytinydragon's insistence on posting pictures would you be more inclined to think they are town or mafia?

It doesn't strike me as an AI move, though I will admit that I find it annoying.

---

I'm trying to wrap my head around the whole thing between @teenytinydragon and @Shinxle. I will admit that it seemed odd to me at first that Teeny singled out Shinxle and read them as town without giving reads for other players. However, I don't know why Teeny would feel the need to do this if they were scum. Shinxle wasn't under very much scrutiny prior to Shinxle's post. IF scum, Teeny wouldn't try to draw attention on themselves. Defending a scumbuddy not in need of defense right off the bat is the antithesis of laying low. So I feel like Teeny's townread of Shinxle wasn't necessarily a scum move, just a weird and not very thought out town move. That being said, I'd love to get a more complete read list from you, Teeny.

As for Shinxle, I'm getting townie newbie vibes from them. I know that I tend to be a bit protective when it comes to newbies, but I've seen countless town-aligned newbies mislynched just because they're confused on the game mechanics or inadvertently coming off as sheepy. I say that we should give Shinxle some time to learn the ropes of the game and then they may start being less sheepy and will contribute original ideas.
well I guess it my turn
My name's FusionKnight, but you can call me Fusion or Ace, He/Him pronouns(nothing else)+4 FR time and that's about it.

as for the reason why it would be bad to lynch on day 1 is that there are none, well unless you count the 50% chance we have at hitting town, but that's what get the discussion going and regarding the whole @teenytinydragon and @Shinxle situation they seem like town to me but that's just my opinion, now my reasons for that are quite simple.

1)Shinxle: Makes very small post which isn't uncommon for mafia, but her post are more them trying to defend themselves than anything else, which would be the most logical thing to do for a newbie(I mean I remember my first time), but until they've contributed more I'll give them the benefit of the doubt

2)Teeny: now this one is a bit funny, why would scum defend another scum that wasn't under any fire, it just doesn't make sense, I mean the only thing that would result in is what is happening now, painting a red flag or target if you will on their back, so it just the same with chinxle, innocent until proven guilty.
well I guess it my turn
My name's FusionKnight, but you can call me Fusion or Ace, He/Him pronouns(nothing else)+4 FR time and that's about it.

as for the reason why it would be bad to lynch on day 1 is that there are none, well unless you count the 50% chance we have at hitting town, but that's what get the discussion going and regarding the whole @teenytinydragon and @Shinxle situation they seem like town to me but that's just my opinion, now my reasons for that are quite simple.

1)Shinxle: Makes very small post which isn't uncommon for mafia, but her post are more them trying to defend themselves than anything else, which would be the most logical thing to do for a newbie(I mean I remember my first time), but until they've contributed more I'll give them the benefit of the doubt

2)Teeny: now this one is a bit funny, why would scum defend another scum that wasn't under any fire, it just doesn't make sense, I mean the only thing that would result in is what is happening now, painting a red flag or target if you will on their back, so it just the same with chinxle, innocent until proven guilty.
@Teenytinydragon

Of course. I don't think you posting pictures has anything to do with derailing or to be irritating. I'm sorry if I came off very harsh in the beginning. :,D It was just a curious tidbit.

@ Everyone

If you had to pick between anyone besides teeny and shinxle, who would you pick? (Based on the questions they asked and how they carry themselves.)
@Teenytinydragon

Of course. I don't think you posting pictures has anything to do with derailing or to be irritating. I'm sorry if I came off very harsh in the beginning. :,D It was just a curious tidbit.

@ Everyone

If you had to pick between anyone besides teeny and shinxle, who would you pick? (Based on the questions they asked and how they carry themselves.)
Used to be Bearteeth
call me bear
ink2.png
@Bearclaws
Honestly, I can't answer that. I don't have much to go off of on anyone else and it would be a vote for an inactive at this point and I don't want to do that. Really not into random voting either so I would probably abstain from voting since no one but those to stick out at me at this time.
@Bearclaws
Honestly, I can't answer that. I don't have much to go off of on anyone else and it would be a vote for an inactive at this point and I don't want to do that. Really not into random voting either so I would probably abstain from voting since no one but those to stick out at me at this time.
My mouth is numb and I feel a bit disorientated now O_o
Trips to the dentist are great.

@anika
What's an AI move?
Also what I tend to do is find a player I can focus on, get on a read on them and move on to getting another read.

@Bearclaws
Ah, no no you didn't come off as harsh! And about your question, the images are not meant to add the discussion, they're just for fun because Mafia games can get pretty darn serious.
My mouth is numb and I feel a bit disorientated now O_o
Trips to the dentist are great.

@anika
What's an AI move?
Also what I tend to do is find a player I can focus on, get on a read on them and move on to getting another read.

@Bearclaws
Ah, no no you didn't come off as harsh! And about your question, the images are not meant to add the discussion, they're just for fun because Mafia games can get pretty darn serious.
Looking for
- "runic prince" or "runic king" accent
- Sand/Oilslick/Obsidian Light Wildclaw - can you breed this?
| For sale |
| Fandergs |
___________|
BEGocSN.pngTeeny_Sprite.png
eSXu2YQ.png
Personally, I think @teenytinydragon 's picture additions are just for fun. Maybe they just don't bother me, but it seems kind of funny to me that everyone else finds them distracting. I found it particularly odd when @Gwendolyn said [quote name="Gwendolyn" date=2017-04-25 08:36:34] I find the fact that teeny posting any image distracting from convo thus [b]very scummy[/b] and more prone to being mafia or neutral if that type of role was thrown into this game. [/quote] It doesn't make sense to me that pictures would be seen as extremely scum.. honestly, I don't think the pictures are any alignment indicator. I do, however, see Teeny's sudden read of shinxle and only shinxle suspicuous. Especially because I didn't think @Shinxle 's post screamed town or anything. And yet, you guys have brought up a good point. If they were both mafia, that wouldn't make sense to suddenly call Shinxle out when they weren't under suspicion. It might make more sense if only Teeny were mafia. They could've been hoping to either immediately cast suspicion on shinxle, or associate with them so that if Teeny flipped maf, the rest of the town would turn on townie shinxle. Although it certainly attracts attention to shinxle, Teeny would have a hard time getting out of the spotlight. It's an odd move for mafia to make so early, before anyone else had really gotten discussion going, which makes me think that Teeny probably isn't maf. So, to conclude that, I don't really believe either of them are maf. Personally I haven't gotten suspicious vibes from either of them.
Personally, I think @teenytinydragon 's picture additions are just for fun. Maybe they just don't bother me, but it seems kind of funny to me that everyone else finds them distracting. I found it particularly odd when @Gwendolyn said
Gwendolyn wrote on 2017-04-25:
I find the fact that teeny posting any image distracting from convo thus very scummy and more prone to being mafia or neutral if that type of role was thrown into this game.
It doesn't make sense to me that pictures would be seen as extremely scum.. honestly, I don't think the pictures are any alignment indicator.

I do, however, see Teeny's sudden read of shinxle and only shinxle suspicuous. Especially because I didn't think @Shinxle 's post screamed town or anything. And yet, you guys have brought up a good point. If they were both mafia, that wouldn't make sense to suddenly call Shinxle out when they weren't under suspicion. It might make more sense if only Teeny were mafia. They could've been hoping to either immediately cast suspicion on shinxle, or associate with them so that if Teeny flipped maf, the rest of the town would turn on townie shinxle.

Although it certainly attracts attention to shinxle, Teeny would have a hard time getting out of the spotlight. It's an odd move for mafia to make so early, before anyone else had really gotten discussion going, which makes me think that Teeny probably isn't maf.

So, to conclude that, I don't really believe either of them are maf. Personally I haven't gotten suspicious vibes from either of them.
P0MOvQm.pngoA9oszV.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 25 26