Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | B?!RD MAFIA Discussion Thread [FIN]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41 42
[quote name="@Winterreise" date=2017-04-18 19:10:25] >"i mean, were going to need to do a first lynch anyway, waiting a day won't change that." the difference is, if it's on day 2, we'll have night results to base our suspicions on. >"i usually play role madness mafias, so i will probably play different." elaborate on play differently? that bit gives me off vibes, sounds like you're trying to put up a safety barrier to explain your actions when someone starts sussing you [/quote] Yes, but that just means we know who one townie is, little has changed, maybe a investigative has gotten lucky, but if we lynch day-1, if we don't hit maf, then at the very least we got conversation going. No, all the mafia games i have played were role madness. I know regular mafias are different, and sense this is pretty much the first one i'm playing, i might be much different. I usually use my role and other's roles when scumhunting, but this is different in this game. [quote name="Winterreise" date=2017-04-18 19:11:46] yo guys what if the 2 mafia are @/yaboiguzma and @/librenoctre (writing it here so that i can check against how right/wrong i am at the end of the game) [/quote] W-what? You have very little evidence ageinst me, i hadn't even defended my self when you posted this, and from what i've read, you haven't posted anything saying Guzma is guilty. This just seems... Weird.. [b]And everything is blue for him and himself!!![/b]
@Winterreise wrote on 2017-04-18:
>"i mean, were going to need to do a first lynch anyway, waiting a day won't change that."
the difference is, if it's on day 2, we'll have night results to base our suspicions on.

>"i usually play role madness mafias, so i will probably play different."
elaborate on play differently? that bit gives me off vibes, sounds like you're trying to put up a safety barrier to explain your actions when someone starts sussing you

Yes, but that just means we know who one townie is, little has changed, maybe a investigative has gotten lucky, but if we lynch day-1, if we don't hit maf, then at the very least we got conversation going.

No, all the mafia games i have played were role madness. I know regular mafias are different, and sense this is pretty much the first one i'm playing, i might be much different. I usually use my role and other's roles when scumhunting, but this is different in this game.
Winterreise wrote on 2017-04-18:
yo guys
what if the 2 mafia are @/yaboiguzma and @/librenoctre
(writing it here so that i can check against how right/wrong i am at the end of the game)
W-what? You have very little evidence ageinst me, i hadn't even defended my self when you posted this, and from what i've read, you haven't posted anything saying Guzma is guilty. This just seems... Weird..

And everything is blue for him and himself!!!
854_0b2828e6da7a7fa3_I.gif
[quote name="Winterreise" date=2017-04-18 19:11:46] yo guys what if the 2 mafia are @yaboiguzma and @librenoctre (writing it here so that i can check against how right/wrong i am at the end of the game) [/quote] *turns head, staring* give me some reason if this is just poking for fun you better let me know
yo guys
what if the 2 mafia are @yaboiguzma and @librenoctre
(writing it here so that i can check against how right/wrong i am at the end of the game)

*turns head, staring*

give me some reason

if this is just poking for fun

you better let me know
ooops sorry about the pings i forgot those were there
ooops sorry about the pings i forgot those were there
@Winterreise

If someone is a negative utility it's important for town to know as soon as possible, so that we can have that on the table while making decisions on who to lynch. For example: In the game Lollipop Mafia that I played not too long ago, there was a town-aligned player whose role censored the alignment flips of players upon death. They let us know early on in the game so that we wouldn't waste time running in circles trying to figure out why no one's alignment was showing when they died.

I hope the wording of this explanation makes sense, it's late at night and I'm still trying to finish up my homework.
@Winterreise

If someone is a negative utility it's important for town to know as soon as possible, so that we can have that on the table while making decisions on who to lynch. For example: In the game Lollipop Mafia that I played not too long ago, there was a town-aligned player whose role censored the alignment flips of players upon death. They let us know early on in the game so that we wouldn't waste time running in circles trying to figure out why no one's alignment was showing when they died.

I hope the wording of this explanation makes sense, it's late at night and I'm still trying to finish up my homework.
download-3.png FR+3
Any pronouns
Sell me your frogs!
Also, I could really go for some sardines right now.
Also, I could really go for some sardines right now.
download-3.png FR+3
Any pronouns
Sell me your frogs!
[quote name="Winterreise" date=2017-04-18 19:11:46] yo guys what if the 2 mafia are @/yaboiguzma and @/librenoctre (writing it here so that i can check against how right/wrong i am at the end of the game) [/quote] Why them, though? That's just... I don't even know how to put it.
yo guys

Why them, though? That's just... I don't even know how to put it.
XgFzLz3.gif
To those curious: I answered Winterreise's question in a PM.
To those curious: I answered Winterreise's question in a PM.
I take one shower, I LOVE BREAD, and all the fun happens! darn you guys!
I take one shower, I LOVE BREAD, and all the fun happens! darn you guys!
kFWa5y9.gif
NU6Zfoy.gif
Introductions! List nicknames, preferred pronouns, active times, and anything else you feel we should know:
Leremis/ler, she/her, generally evenings on FR but that fluctuates. I've got one more exam on Saturday so I'll be here and there but I'm pumped to play.

Do you have any prior experience with mafia games? Recognize anybody else here?
Hella

Are you a miller or other negative utility? (Basically a town-aligned power role with effects that harm town)
Nah my dude

What's your stance on day 1 lynches?
Dew it.

What's your personal meta/playstyle?
Tends to be on the quieter side and speaking when I have something to contribute.

What's your preferred method of scumhunting?
I like to observe for a while and then leap in with my thoughts.

On a scale of 1 to Ice Cube, how cool are you?
Liquid nitrogen

Anything else you'd like to add?
o7
Introductions! List nicknames, preferred pronouns, active times, and anything else you feel we should know:
Leremis/ler, she/her, generally evenings on FR but that fluctuates. I've got one more exam on Saturday so I'll be here and there but I'm pumped to play.

Do you have any prior experience with mafia games? Recognize anybody else here?
Hella

Are you a miller or other negative utility? (Basically a town-aligned power role with effects that harm town)
Nah my dude

What's your stance on day 1 lynches?
Dew it.

What's your personal meta/playstyle?
Tends to be on the quieter side and speaking when I have something to contribute.

What's your preferred method of scumhunting?
I like to observe for a while and then leap in with my thoughts.

On a scale of 1 to Ice Cube, how cool are you?
Liquid nitrogen

Anything else you'd like to add?
o7
tumblr_inline_nrfex33sDc1rbfe8q_500.gif Leremis
She/her
Wishlist
@yaboiguzma fair enough. @shadowlugia711 @harpies i wouldn't call it poking for [i]fun[/i] but it's not a serious accusation either. (i have, in fact stated my reasons for squinting at them). yaboiguzma gave me weird vibes from the question they included, and librenoctre from the inclusion of the part where they said that they will play differently. @librenoctre your reply to me was okay...until the last part. your tone sounds exactly the same as you did in magic mayhem. the post in question: [quote name="LibreNoctre" date=2017-04-04 21:34:18] @ Winterreise The nature of the necromancer is that they do not want to murder the Aliud like the Syndies. Not all mafia members are edgy, Okay? [b]Your just kinda making me go "Eh..." A bit.[/b] [/quote] The one in this game: [quote name="LibreNoctre" date=2017-04-18 19:20:55] [quote name="Winterreise" date=2017-04-18 19:11:46] yo guys what if the 2 mafia are @/yaboiguzma and @/librenoctre (writing it here so that i can check against how right/wrong i am at the end of the game) [/quote] W-what? You have very little evidence ageinst me, i hadn't even defended my self when you posted this, and from what i've read, you haven't posted anything saying Guzma is guilty. [b]This just seems... Weird..[/b] [/quote] your tone of the bolded parts sounds the same to me. i can't say much since mm technically hasn't ended, but i will add a bit once journey concludes the game. and, i see that you got a bit defensive. in my post, i said 'what if'. it was a speculation. however, your reaction is a bit...too panicked, in my opinion. the only reason why i speculated you two is because you two were the only ones i squinted at. i mean, i know i can be wrong, but, it was, above all, a speculation.
@yaboiguzma
fair enough.

@shadowlugia711 @harpies
i wouldn't call it poking for fun but it's not a serious accusation either. (i have, in fact stated my reasons for squinting at them). yaboiguzma gave me weird vibes from the question they included, and librenoctre from the inclusion of the part where they said that they will play differently.

@librenoctre
your reply to me was okay...until the last part. your tone sounds exactly the same as you did in magic mayhem.
the post in question:
LibreNoctre wrote on 2017-04-04:
@ Winterreise

The nature of the necromancer is that they do not want to murder the Aliud like the Syndies. Not all mafia members are edgy, Okay? Your just kinda making me go "Eh..." A bit.
The one in this game:
LibreNoctre wrote on 2017-04-18:
yo guys
W-what? You have very little evidence ageinst me, i hadn't even defended my self when you posted this, and from what i've read, you haven't posted anything saying Guzma is guilty. This just seems... Weird..
your tone of the bolded parts sounds the same to me. i can't say much since mm technically hasn't ended, but i will add a bit once journey concludes the game. and, i see that you got a bit defensive. in my post, i said 'what if'. it was a speculation. however, your reaction is a bit...too panicked, in my opinion. the only reason why i speculated you two is because you two were the only ones i squinted at. i mean, i know i can be wrong, but, it was, above all, a speculation.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41 42