Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [GALA] Journey into Snowspire Caverns
1 2 ... 95 96 97 98 99 ... 103 104
[quote=Granite] Log #6 ...................... stupid straws.[/quote]
Granite wrote:
Log #6

...................... stupid straws.
uj5w35F.pngSvg7y.gifeZKAdNB.png
Day 6 Logs are now all out! Sorry about the delays on this one, my wrist is just not able to keep up the same pace it was at the start, but we're almost at the end! The next and final logs will contain just a bit of a conclusion for your dragons and maybe even exciting goodies :D

53 teams met their match in the caves and have become trapped in the eternal ice within o_o
48 teams discovered the secrets hidden in the strange machine and will be taking that newfound knowledge to the surface with them :o
28 teams managed to kill the mutant-tentacle-horror and will be looting its hoard, filled with many shinies *o*
2 teams discovered the secrets behind who built the machines located deep inside this cave and will be bringing back the greatest treasure of all :O
48 teams did their best and managed to stay safe, despite not discovering any great secrets or killing any terrible beasts :3

All around, that's a much more even split than I could've expected!

Memorable Quotes
  • "And that is the story of how we all died!" -StormDragon21
  • "This is what happens, when a medic- with severe concussion from bad luck on day 1- tries to operate heavy machinery." -Maegelcarwen

@Gheron @sgkat @alagasianflame @acheronta @casuallySleepy @Digdog @Leucine @dividedAnimus @zzzhorses @Elysiuhm @tehcoffeezombie @TimelordSnowy @Hypernovae @Lykomancer @Skia @Leucoss @Mozzi @FishJelly @StarlineRose @Dandelionqueen @Elsu @Oricole @CatkinStarchild @Geisterwolf @Saturdaylemon @Nimphy @Krysana @Lamentations @StormDragon21 @BlakeSMyth @Amariel @Ashliel @Faeyra @GoldenEggy @whereisbarton @Siritys @MagykalWagykal @CanisMajoris @Wintercreek @Peachycupcake525 @HSoup @heroed @felistopaz @HuntingAlpha @arashiyama @daineger @Aryana @TwiliWolf @sagaxi @Tentakles @Marmite @fluffballofdoom @Jetfeather @Shadowdawn199 @Maegelcarwen @lovelyhills @Imani @tigressRising @remuslupn @tantayo @Krocodalie @Firewins @bellzan @Krycelli @myrese @Pennifeather @Bibliomancer @Starongie @Demonify @Silverpine @Larphen @Tianae @Kyumileo @smeen @AthenaCorvus @Stormdragon @Amyatzu @ophician @Juri01 @faikitty @NuclearWaffles @KitsuneRuna @Lyncina @ElementDarkSoul @fennekin @ghosthymn @brokenstone @Hinumi @Lakefrost @Lundlaeva @RRHepburn @sherbertglasses @Tues @cyleris @helenehime @Samoqueen @LibreNoctre @Valligator @treesponge @Counterklock @Dragonine @TheHeroicOne @Sammis @Satchen @Pandamoniaz @Riverflower @beargirl1393 @Thewarywatcher13 @Gedhyr @KyaruTheWriter @Dulcette @Talicinx @Frysa @Lainer @Titch @Avatasho @Hawlucha @Shougoney @Lileewink @Caspar @Ciphers @Katsra @evosoul @SolemnSongbird @MintyDragon @ThisOneIsBlue @Stanari @JinxMoonstone @XYZayne @evarett @SilverWinter @infinitesky @Pharaohess @PlatinumDream @Katsuokai @yyalls @Clavicado @Alephelion @WanderingTurtle @Chanilove @DeadlyFang @Soulykins @Leocor @Aureate @ThystLodagi @Kallistrate @Azuredusk @argylion @Blauw @excessnight @SelenaSilverwolf @DrZiegler @moomargh @Eialyne @RemanLT @Toothless @Kamme @FawnStars7 @Undermom @qwigoqwaga @Scatterspark @Coordinator @loppy1352 @Nick462 @Azure @aelith @WorldOfOurOwn @Ravenhart @sockmonkeygerald @Achiem @Kalideoscope @Helianthe @Fallenarrow @Mangusto @PinkyPearl @Frauzis @veinlily @Husker @Elysadie
Day 6 Logs are now all out! Sorry about the delays on this one, my wrist is just not able to keep up the same pace it was at the start, but we're almost at the end! The next and final logs will contain just a bit of a conclusion for your dragons and maybe even exciting goodies :D

53 teams met their match in the caves and have become trapped in the eternal ice within o_o
48 teams discovered the secrets hidden in the strange machine and will be taking that newfound knowledge to the surface with them :o
28 teams managed to kill the mutant-tentacle-horror and will be looting its hoard, filled with many shinies *o*
2 teams discovered the secrets behind who built the machines located deep inside this cave and will be bringing back the greatest treasure of all :O
48 teams did their best and managed to stay safe, despite not discovering any great secrets or killing any terrible beasts :3

All around, that's a much more even split than I could've expected!

Memorable Quotes
  • "And that is the story of how we all died!" -StormDragon21
  • "This is what happens, when a medic- with severe concussion from bad luck on day 1- tries to operate heavy machinery." -Maegelcarwen

@Gheron @sgkat @alagasianflame @acheronta @casuallySleepy @Digdog @Leucine @dividedAnimus @zzzhorses @Elysiuhm @tehcoffeezombie @TimelordSnowy @Hypernovae @Lykomancer @Skia @Leucoss @Mozzi @FishJelly @StarlineRose @Dandelionqueen @Elsu @Oricole @CatkinStarchild @Geisterwolf @Saturdaylemon @Nimphy @Krysana @Lamentations @StormDragon21 @BlakeSMyth @Amariel @Ashliel @Faeyra @GoldenEggy @whereisbarton @Siritys @MagykalWagykal @CanisMajoris @Wintercreek @Peachycupcake525 @HSoup @heroed @felistopaz @HuntingAlpha @arashiyama @daineger @Aryana @TwiliWolf @sagaxi @Tentakles @Marmite @fluffballofdoom @Jetfeather @Shadowdawn199 @Maegelcarwen @lovelyhills @Imani @tigressRising @remuslupn @tantayo @Krocodalie @Firewins @bellzan @Krycelli @myrese @Pennifeather @Bibliomancer @Starongie @Demonify @Silverpine @Larphen @Tianae @Kyumileo @smeen @AthenaCorvus @Stormdragon @Amyatzu @ophician @Juri01 @faikitty @NuclearWaffles @KitsuneRuna @Lyncina @ElementDarkSoul @fennekin @ghosthymn @brokenstone @Hinumi @Lakefrost @Lundlaeva @RRHepburn @sherbertglasses @Tues @cyleris @helenehime @Samoqueen @LibreNoctre @Valligator @treesponge @Counterklock @Dragonine @TheHeroicOne @Sammis @Satchen @Pandamoniaz @Riverflower @beargirl1393 @Thewarywatcher13 @Gedhyr @KyaruTheWriter @Dulcette @Talicinx @Frysa @Lainer @Titch @Avatasho @Hawlucha @Shougoney @Lileewink @Caspar @Ciphers @Katsra @evosoul @SolemnSongbird @MintyDragon @ThisOneIsBlue @Stanari @JinxMoonstone @XYZayne @evarett @SilverWinter @infinitesky @Pharaohess @PlatinumDream @Katsuokai @yyalls @Clavicado @Alephelion @WanderingTurtle @Chanilove @DeadlyFang @Soulykins @Leocor @Aureate @ThystLodagi @Kallistrate @Azuredusk @argylion @Blauw @excessnight @SelenaSilverwolf @DrZiegler @moomargh @Eialyne @RemanLT @Toothless @Kamme @FawnStars7 @Undermom @qwigoqwaga @Scatterspark @Coordinator @loppy1352 @Nick462 @Azure @aelith @WorldOfOurOwn @Ravenhart @sockmonkeygerald @Achiem @Kalideoscope @Helianthe @Fallenarrow @Mangusto @PinkyPearl @Frauzis @veinlily @Husker @Elysadie
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
@squidragon I haven't posted much at all but you are a blessing!! Thank you for taking your time to write out all these logs!
@squidragon I haven't posted much at all but you are a blessing!! Thank you for taking your time to write out all these logs!
he/they | sorry i barely post lol
@squidragon I also haven't been posting much but you are honestly fantastic, and this choose your own adventure adventure you've taken us all on has been so much fun! I am super curious now to see how the other story paths panned out aaaah
@squidragon I also haven't been posting much but you are honestly fantastic, and this choose your own adventure adventure you've taken us all on has been so much fun! I am super curious now to see how the other story paths panned out aaaah
xxxxxxxxxx xxxxx
sH4AnLI.png
CK | she/they | FR + 1
Wishlist
Quest Log
Trading Post
xxxxx
Stars Defied: A Necromancer Lineage - Link
Yeah, thanks squid! I really enjoyed it, and I'll probably be writing this into their lore somehow. (If/when I ever get around to writing any lore...)
Yeah, thanks squid! I really enjoyed it, and I'll probably be writing this into their lore somehow. (If/when I ever get around to writing any lore...)
tumblr_inline_nk71aeUysX1qg2i5p.png
Wow that's a lot of frozen dragons! I'm picturing something akin to that part in Ice Age with the weird creatures and dinosaurs frozen in the tunnel, only it's just a huge Hall of dragons in various poses of fighting and running and expressions of horror and rage...
Wow that's a lot of frozen dragons! I'm picturing something akin to that part in Ice Age with the weird creatures and dinosaurs frozen in the tunnel, only it's just a huge Hall of dragons in various poses of fighting and running and expressions of horror and rage...
IlluminartiIn-Flight HubPublic Buy
I honestly really love this, and appreciate all the work that you've put into this because it's made this entire journey so great <3 I look forward to getting each new log, no matter now much time ends up in between them. Also my log for day 6 [quote name="Log - Day 6 - A Horrifying Fate"] We awoke to the whistling of blocks of ice pressing up against each other. The haunting noise echoed through the laboratory like a soft scream, which was made all the more frightening considering the spirits that had been trapped within. We knew that perhaps exploring this place was a bad idea, but the curiosity of it beckoned us closer. We only hoped we would not face the same fate as the spirits that had been trapped within. We wound our way through the narrow crack in the ice, soon finding ourselves face to face with a number of creatures that had become trapped within. Fish frozen mid-swim between the counters and cabinets of laboratory rooms, machines stuck in the on position, mice trapped between the walls - it was if we were taking a glimpse at a single moment in time that had been forever frozen, paused for thousands of years. It was what we found next, however, that startled us. A number of strange creatures, like centaur or maren with two legs, or harpies with no wings, gathered around a machine that was paused mid-explosion, all frozen in ice. Were these strange creatures the ones responsible for all of the artifacts and machines we had found all across Sornieth? Was this explosion the source of the fate of the laboratory they held here? We had so many questions, and the only thing we could hope to do to get answers was to begin digging things out of the ice to investigate them. Although this seemed to be a difficult task that we needed to be very careful in doing (so that we didn't break anything). Techne looked around for a bit before telling the group that she had an idea. We followed Techne back into the main parts of the laboratory, where she began to take spare parts, wires, and other machinery to combine these things together into a strange contraption. It turns out, Techne had constructed a mechanical spinning blade that we could use to cut specimens out of the ice. As we cut bits and pieces of all sorts of things out of the ice, including an entire frozen second-age creature, we noticed the squeaking noise of the ice around us grow longer and louder. Lave realized that the ice was beginning to close in on us, so we gathered up everything we had collected so far and ran out of the chasm as fast as we could. Now armed with a huge quantity of incredible, long-lost information, we knew we needed to make it back up to the surface so that we could share our discovery. We knew that many of the things we had collected would need to stay in the Fortress of Ends to prevent them from melting and decaying, but they would certainly further the knowledge of dragonkind - and we hoped we could get quite a hefty price for some of the samples. We spent the rest of the day heading back towards the surface. When we had gone as far as we could, we ate our meal, logged our activities, and slept. [/quote] I love Techne. She is such an MVP. Also points to Lave for being perceptive and warning them of the cracking ice -- what if he didn't notice and they ended up getting crushed by the ice? @ A @ I also really liked the description of centaur/maren but two legs, and I think it took an embarrassingly long amount of time to figure out that it's my dragon group trying to describe humans. So I'm guessing that all the spirits then were all the humans that ended up freezing to death =/
I honestly really love this, and appreciate all the work that you've put into this because it's made this entire journey so great <3 I look forward to getting each new log, no matter now much time ends up in between them.

Also my log for day 6
Log - Day 6 - A Horrifying Fate wrote:

We awoke to the whistling of blocks of ice pressing up against each other. The haunting noise echoed through the laboratory like a soft scream, which was made all the more frightening considering the spirits that had been trapped within. We knew that perhaps exploring this place was a bad idea, but the curiosity of it beckoned us closer. We only hoped we would not face the same fate as the spirits that had been trapped within.

We wound our way through the narrow crack in the ice, soon finding ourselves face to face with a number of creatures that had become trapped within. Fish frozen mid-swim between the counters and cabinets of laboratory rooms, machines stuck in the on position, mice trapped between the walls - it was if we were taking a glimpse at a single moment in time that had been forever frozen, paused for thousands of years.

It was what we found next, however, that startled us. A number of strange creatures, like centaur or maren with two legs, or harpies with no wings, gathered around a machine that was paused mid-explosion, all frozen in ice. Were these strange creatures the ones responsible for all of the artifacts and machines we had found all across Sornieth? Was this explosion the source of the fate of the laboratory they held here? We had so many questions, and the only thing we could hope to do to get answers was to begin digging things out of the ice to investigate them.

Although this seemed to be a difficult task that we needed to be very careful in doing (so that we didn't break anything). Techne looked around for a bit before telling the group that she had an idea. We followed Techne back into the main parts of the laboratory, where she began to take spare parts, wires, and other machinery to combine these things together into a strange contraption.

It turns out, Techne had constructed a mechanical spinning blade that we could use to cut specimens out of the ice.

As we cut bits and pieces of all sorts of things out of the ice, including an entire frozen second-age creature, we noticed the squeaking noise of the ice around us grow longer and louder.

Lave realized that the ice was beginning to close in on us, so we gathered up everything we had collected so far and ran out of the chasm as fast as we could.

Now armed with a huge quantity of incredible, long-lost information, we knew we needed to make it back up to the surface so that we could share our discovery. We knew that many of the things we had collected would need to stay in the Fortress of Ends to prevent them from melting and decaying, but they would certainly further the knowledge of dragonkind - and we hoped we could get quite a hefty price for some of the samples.

We spent the rest of the day heading back towards the surface. When we had gone as far as we could, we ate our meal, logged our activities, and slept.

I love Techne. She is such an MVP. Also points to Lave for being perceptive and warning them of the cracking ice -- what if he didn't notice and they ended up getting crushed by the ice? @ A @

I also really liked the description of centaur/maren but two legs, and I think it took an embarrassingly long amount of time to figure out that it's my dragon group trying to describe humans. So I'm guessing that all the spirits then were all the humans that ended up freezing to death =/
WMCEgD8.pngBBbdtM7.gif9NebY9Q.gifECIFNWP.png
my dragons all died rip

I bet Karamat arrived just like "ANYA WHAT THE ACTUAL HECK" and bailed them all out like the good husband he is
or Albion bailed them out like "Zalaph I dug you out of the icy waters once why am I here in a cave bailing you out for a second time."

or a combo of the both tbh

friends who come to bail them out like 'why would you do this'
my dragons all died rip

I bet Karamat arrived just like "ANYA WHAT THE ACTUAL HECK" and bailed them all out like the good husband he is
or Albion bailed them out like "Zalaph I dug you out of the icy waters once why am I here in a cave bailing you out for a second time."

or a combo of the both tbh

friends who come to bail them out like 'why would you do this'
rzg1Qcq.gifNCH5NC0.gifLf9R3i1.gifoeuWTi1.gifLQV7pRJ.gif73cpnYH.gif
Sometimes it's braver to turn away from the battle in order to return home to those who love you.
Sometimes it's braver to turn away from the battle in order to return home to those who love you.
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
Well, in the end, my group discovered the strange machine, but had absolutely no idea what to do with it. Perhaps if they come down here again, they'd be better served to bring one of the clan's engineers with them?

Anyways, this was fun, even if I didn't end up posting as much as I would have liked. I guess things just went smoothly for everyone after the first couple days. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing the final logs!
Well, in the end, my group discovered the strange machine, but had absolutely no idea what to do with it. Perhaps if they come down here again, they'd be better served to bring one of the clan's engineers with them?

Anyways, this was fun, even if I didn't end up posting as much as I would have liked. I guess things just went smoothly for everyone after the first couple days. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing the final logs!
xpP2XdL.png
1 2 ... 95 96 97 98 99 ... 103 104