Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [GALA] Journey into Snowspire Caverns
1 2 ... 94 95 96 97 98 ... 103 104

Day 6-curiosity killed the what now?
I was woken early by the sounds of whirring and clanking, to find that the spiral was already up and pushing buttons, and the Guardian drawing.
The Guardian says the dust is made from ice. And that the process generates electricity.
The spiral, she then shouted she had figured out how to operate the machine.To show us, she pulled a lever.
She almost killed us all.
The machine, it sputtered, whistled. It bent, twisted and glowed red as it began to overheat and static filled the air. My hairs stood and the other two shivered.
Then the ceiling and floor began to crumble.
The Spiral, she tried to switch off the machine, but it was to no avail.

We had to flee.

Through the crumbling caverns, the Spiral led us through the falling debris. Then the machine exploded.
We would likely never know the full extent of the secrets that the machine had offered, at least not now. There was nothing to do but make our way back up to the surface.

We would not be coming home with the technological revolution we had seen, but someday we could come back better prepared.

..I deem this journey a failure though. We lost the Guardian's notes.

Day 6-curiosity killed the what now?
I was woken early by the sounds of whirring and clanking, to find that the spiral was already up and pushing buttons, and the Guardian drawing.
The Guardian says the dust is made from ice. And that the process generates electricity.
The spiral, she then shouted she had figured out how to operate the machine.To show us, she pulled a lever.
She almost killed us all.
The machine, it sputtered, whistled. It bent, twisted and glowed red as it began to overheat and static filled the air. My hairs stood and the other two shivered.
Then the ceiling and floor began to crumble.
The Spiral, she tried to switch off the machine, but it was to no avail.

We had to flee.

Through the crumbling caverns, the Spiral led us through the falling debris. Then the machine exploded.
We would likely never know the full extent of the secrets that the machine had offered, at least not now. There was nothing to do but make our way back up to the surface.

We would not be coming home with the technological revolution we had seen, but someday we could come back better prepared.

..I deem this journey a failure though. We lost the Guardian's notes.
sig110_by_dingobreath-dcmndep.png

RMJd8xc.gif
These two are supposed to be good fighters? Maybe it's because Aule is a noncombatant... [quote="Day 6"]I don't think anyone in our party got much sleep - not when we had the task ahead of us at the front of our minds. We knew what we had to do, to save the little dragon eggs that did not ask for this fate, but we were not sure we were brave enough to do it... We all stared down on the creature from above. It would take all three of us, at the peak of our abilities, to take it down. We didn't know if we could do it, but we had to try. There was no use waiting any longer. Standing all together, ready for action, we planned to jump in 3... 2... 1... Carcharoth dove straight for the creature's eyeballs, weaving in and out between the swatting tentacles and clawing them to pieces, one by one. Valaraukar disappeared into the shadows, lying in wait for the creature to show a sign of weakness. While the creature remained distracted by the others on the team, he moved closer and closer, until diving straight for the heart of it, ripping and shredding at its tentacles. We all continued to attack, trying as hard as we could, but we grew more and more weak and wounded, and it just kept fighting. It was so strong, and soon, in a moment of hesitation, we found ourselves scooped up one at a time and dropped into a prison of ice. We were so weak and hurt from fighting that we could barely stand, let alone break our way out of the thick, frozen stone walls. Collapsing into a pile, we only wished that we had spent a bit more time preparing. Eventually the world around us faded as we slowly froze. In those last few moments, we had thought that we would be trapped forever - but, if that were the case, you're probably wondering how you're reading this.[/quote] At least they aren't dead yet?
These two are supposed to be good fighters? Maybe it's because Aule is a noncombatant...
Day 6 wrote:
I don't think anyone in our party got much sleep - not when we had the task ahead of us at the front of our minds. We knew what we had to do, to save the little dragon eggs that did not ask for this fate, but we were not sure we were brave enough to do it...

We all stared down on the creature from above. It would take all three of us, at the peak of our abilities, to take it down. We didn't know if we could do it, but we had to try. There was no use waiting any longer.

Standing all together, ready for action, we planned to jump in 3... 2... 1...

Carcharoth dove straight for the creature's eyeballs, weaving in and out between the swatting tentacles and clawing them to pieces, one by one.

Valaraukar disappeared into the shadows, lying in wait for the creature to show a sign of weakness. While the creature remained distracted by the others on the team, he moved closer and closer, until diving straight for the heart of it, ripping and shredding at its tentacles.

We all continued to attack, trying as hard as we could, but we grew more and more weak and wounded, and it just kept fighting. It was so strong, and soon, in a moment of hesitation, we found ourselves scooped up one at a time and dropped into a prison of ice. We were so weak and hurt from fighting that we could barely stand, let alone break our way out of the thick, frozen stone walls. Collapsing into a pile, we only wished that we had spent a bit more time preparing.

Eventually the world around us faded as we slowly froze. In those last few moments, we had thought that we would be trapped forever - but, if that were the case, you're probably wondering how you're reading this.

At least they aren't dead yet?
Ahh I'm a day behind on posting adventures but I have both my day 5 and 6 logs [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/116943/11694247.png?mtime=WIgDRAACP6Q.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/166435/16643491.png?mtime=WH186wACXm8.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/81786/8178578.png?mtime=WH19NQACNDs.png[/img][/center] Team Pumice had spent, what they assumed was, a few days exploring the caverns for further clues as to what the heck was going on. During one particular "night" when they were too tired to even chat much, Alcor noticed a soft noise. When he brought it up to the others he described it as a very quiet wind or almost like a breath. When Matte and Charlie actively listened for it they started to hear it too. "Should we follow it?" the Mirror asked. They decided that trying to follow the sound would be their best course of action, as it was their first new lead in a while. But later, after they had slept. The strange dust didn't seem to get any thicker as they walked the next "day", but it certainly wasn't thinning out either. Without some clear indication of heading towards a source the team constantly ran into dead ends and had to backtrack. Matte started to get frustrated with the continued lack of progress. "Why couldn't one of us have been a species with better hearing?" she muttered as they turned around yet again and trudged on, "Or a Wind dragon?" No one responded to her. Matte tended to lash out when she was angry and neither of them wanted to be on the receiving end of that. After trekking in silence for a good few minutes Alcor tentatively said, "Hey, I think I can hear it getting louder." The Tundra sighed, "No, Alcor, I know you're just trying to make us feel bet-" she stopped as she realized they had come to a large cavern. The sound [i]was[/i] louder there, almost echoing, accompanied by a low whir. Looking across the space all of them could see the dust drifting up lazily from the floor. It came from openings that looked like- "Vents!" Matte shot across the room to examine one of the vents closer. Charlie snorted at her sudden enthusiasm, looking on as the Tundra practically shoved her face into one of them. "They're mechanical," she said looking up. "We need to go deeper into these caves." As much as they all hated it, they were back to following the distant noise again. This was of course paired with dead ends and backtracking for hours. Matte's good mood evaporated quickly and she was soon back to being huffy and frustrated. As tense as they all were, Team Pumice knew that they still needed to press on, that the journey had to come to some kind of a conclusion and they would find it. After many, many hours of walking and sore claws they finally found their answer. The three dragons stopped in the entrance of the newfound chamber, awestruck. "Oh my gods," Charlie breathed. "What in the name of the Earthshaker [i]is[/i] that?" Matte started forward into the chamber, not taking her eyes off the center. The floor was smoother than natural rock and the walls were coated in metal, clearly not a natural formation. But the center of it all was a large machine, a huge cylindrical chamber with pipes coming out of it, most going up, surrounded by more intricate parts, clearly running and glowing softly. All around it were runes that none of the dragons could decipher. The whole thing was slowly being consumed by creeping ice. Team Pumice knew that they would have to spend a long time in this chamber to fully unravel its secrets.
Ahh I'm a day behind on posting adventures but I have both my day 5 and 6 logs
11694247.png?mtime=WIgDRAACP6Q.png16643491.png?mtime=WH186wACXm8.png8178578.png?mtime=WH19NQACNDs.png

Team Pumice had spent, what they assumed was, a few days exploring the caverns for further clues as to what the heck was going on. During one particular "night" when they were too tired to even chat much, Alcor noticed a soft noise. When he brought it up to the others he described it as a very quiet wind or almost like a breath. When Matte and Charlie actively listened for it they started to hear it too. "Should we follow it?" the Mirror asked. They decided that trying to follow the sound would be their best course of action, as it was their first new lead in a while. But later, after they had slept.

The strange dust didn't seem to get any thicker as they walked the next "day", but it certainly wasn't thinning out either. Without some clear indication of heading towards a source the team constantly ran into dead ends and had to backtrack. Matte started to get frustrated with the continued lack of progress.

"Why couldn't one of us have been a species with better hearing?" she muttered as they turned around yet again and trudged on, "Or a Wind dragon?" No one responded to her. Matte tended to lash out when she was angry and neither of them wanted to be on the receiving end of that.

After trekking in silence for a good few minutes Alcor tentatively said, "Hey, I think I can hear it getting louder."

The Tundra sighed, "No, Alcor, I know you're just trying to make us feel bet-" she stopped as she realized they had come to a large cavern. The sound was louder there, almost echoing, accompanied by a low whir. Looking across the space all of them could see the dust drifting up lazily from the floor. It came from openings that looked like- "Vents!" Matte shot across the room to examine one of the vents closer. Charlie snorted at her sudden enthusiasm, looking on as the Tundra practically shoved her face into one of them. "They're mechanical," she said looking up. "We need to go deeper into these caves."

As much as they all hated it, they were back to following the distant noise again. This was of course paired with dead ends and backtracking for hours. Matte's good mood evaporated quickly and she was soon back to being huffy and frustrated. As tense as they all were, Team Pumice knew that they still needed to press on, that the journey had to come to some kind of a conclusion and they would find it.

After many, many hours of walking and sore claws they finally found their answer. The three dragons stopped in the entrance of the newfound chamber, awestruck.

"Oh my gods," Charlie breathed.

"What in the name of the Earthshaker is that?" Matte started forward into the chamber, not taking her eyes off the center. The floor was smoother than natural rock and the walls were coated in metal, clearly not a natural formation. But the center of it all was a large machine, a huge cylindrical chamber with pipes coming out of it, most going up, surrounded by more intricate parts, clearly running and glowing softly. All around it were runes that none of the dragons could decipher. The whole thing was slowly being consumed by creeping ice. Team Pumice knew that they would have to spend a long time in this chamber to fully unravel its secrets.
xeDKNxe.pngeNitZGp.gif
[quote]We had just drifted to sleep when we awoke to cold, wet feet and the sound of water. Quickly standing up and shaking ourselves off, we noticed that water was slowly pouring into our icy prison, filling it up. It was far too cold for it to have melted here, so the only thing we could think was that the monsters were dumping water into the little box where we were trapped... WAIT. The mutant creatures were going to turn us into a great big dragon popsicle. This was very bad and we needed to get out NOW. As the water slowly began to fill our prison, the first step was to avoid being frozen by the water. Caeronwy, along with the rest of the group, desperately clung to the ceiling to avoid getting wet. Now that we were safe from the cold waters, we needed to get out of this prison. Turi, standing on the shoulders of her companions, used all of her strength to push the boulder out of the way, allowing us to slip out into the passage above. We jumped out the hole into the passage and began to run away from the nest chamber as fast as we possibly could. We paid little attention to the creatures chasing us, or even where we were going, we just knew we needed to get the heck out of here as soon as possible! Our unfamiliarity with the passages soon came to haunt us as we found ourselves cornered at a dead end. Looking closer at this dead end, it seemed to be made of solid ice - and it was quite thin. There was water on the other side of the ice and, although we had no idea where it might lead, it could allow us to swim to freedom - and it might just flood the nest in the process, depending on how much water there was, that is. Turi bashed against the wall with all of her might, over and over. The ice began to crack and shatter, and soon the water came pouring out with incredible force. Clinging to the walls to avoid being swept away, we leapt into the new area, praying that we could navigate the waters to freedom. The water rushed around us and we swam as hard as we possibly could, heading upwards with all of our energy. It was oddly warm, like a hot spring, and despite our worries that we would fail or be caught, we managed to navigate to a passage at the surface. We were finally free. Free at last! We moved as fast as we could upwards, trying to make our way as far away from the nests and strange creatures as we possibly could. When we could flee no further, we curled up, exhausted, to rest.[/quote] so today was interesting. i kind of wonder why the water was warm..? [quote]Turi, standing on the shoulders of her companions[/quote] note that turi is an imperial and both her companions are mirrors. she is 5,875.17 kilograms heavier than both of them combined. that's 12,952.53 pounds heavier for americans. she crushed them beneath her feet. how did she even stand on their shoulders specifically? she's an imperial! she's like 29 meters long! acalen is maybe five but i think closer to four meters. she flattened them.
Quote:
We had just drifted to sleep when we awoke to cold, wet feet and the sound of water. Quickly standing up and shaking ourselves off, we noticed that water was slowly pouring into our icy prison, filling it up. It was far too cold for it to have melted here, so the only thing we could think was that the monsters were dumping water into the little box where we were trapped... WAIT. The mutant creatures were going to turn us into a great big dragon popsicle. This was very bad and we needed to get out NOW.

As the water slowly began to fill our prison, the first step was to avoid being frozen by the water.

Caeronwy, along with the rest of the group, desperately clung to the ceiling to avoid getting wet.

Now that we were safe from the cold waters, we needed to get out of this prison.

Turi, standing on the shoulders of her companions, used all of her strength to push the boulder out of the way, allowing us to slip out into the passage above.

We jumped out the hole into the passage and began to run away from the nest chamber as fast as we possibly could. We paid little attention to the creatures chasing us, or even where we were going, we just knew we needed to get the heck out of here as soon as possible!

Our unfamiliarity with the passages soon came to haunt us as we found ourselves cornered at a dead end.

Looking closer at this dead end, it seemed to be made of solid ice - and it was quite thin. There was water on the other side of the ice and, although we had no idea where it might lead, it could allow us to swim to freedom - and it might just flood the nest in the process, depending on how much water there was, that is.

Turi bashed against the wall with all of her might, over and over. The ice began to crack and shatter, and soon the water came pouring out with incredible force. Clinging to the walls to avoid being swept away, we leapt into the new area, praying that we could navigate the waters to freedom.

The water rushed around us and we swam as hard as we possibly could, heading upwards with all of our energy. It was oddly warm, like a hot spring, and despite our worries that we would fail or be caught, we managed to navigate to a passage at the surface.

We were finally free.

Free at last! We moved as fast as we could upwards, trying to make our way as far away from the nests and strange creatures as we possibly could. When we could flee no further, we curled up, exhausted, to rest.
so today was interesting. i kind of wonder why the water was warm..?
Quote:
Turi, standing on the shoulders of her companions
note that turi is an imperial and both her companions are mirrors. she is 5,875.17 kilograms heavier than both of them combined. that's 12,952.53 pounds heavier for americans. she crushed them beneath her feet. how did she even stand on their shoulders specifically? she's an imperial! she's like 29 meters long! acalen is maybe five but i think closer to four meters. she flattened them.
vbqABeH.gifvy2C1Og.gif
Day 6, we beat the monster but went to sleep in the slime puddle remains because, why not, it's only a filthy disgusting slime carcass puddle. Yuck!! :S But the only difference with my log that I've seen so far is how Ptolemy beat it, with alchemy- [quote] Ptolemy, a handful of potions in hand, began to fling them at the creature while diving about the room. Each splash of the acidic liquid melted at the creature, turning it to a soft goop and making it more and more vulnerable.[/quote] I love him :) But Sky is NOT a fighter. sincerely suprised to see her burrowing into the heart of a slime monster, just look at her- nevertheless, GO SKY! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19883891] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/198839/19883891_350.png[/img] [/url]
Day 6, we beat the monster but went to sleep in the slime puddle remains because, why not, it's only a filthy disgusting slime carcass puddle. Yuck!! :S But the only difference with my log that I've seen so far is how Ptolemy beat it, with alchemy-
Quote:
Ptolemy, a handful of potions in hand, began to fling them at the creature while diving about the room. Each splash of the acidic liquid melted at the creature, turning it to a soft goop and making it more and more vulnerable.
I love him :) But Sky is NOT a fighter. sincerely suprised to see her burrowing into the heart of a slime monster, just look at her- nevertheless, GO SKY!

19883891_350.png
butterfly1plz.gif?1.gifbutterfly2plz.gif?1.gifbutterfly3plz.gif?1.gifbutterfly4plz.gif?1.gifbutterfly5plz.gif?1.gifbutterfly1plz.gif?1.gifbutterfly2plz.gif?1.gifbutterfly3plz.gif?1.gifbutterfly4plz.gif?1.gifbutterfly5plz.gif?1.gif
Quote:
We did not rest as long as we might have as we were filled with excitement and anticipation at our new discovery. We awoke, immediately hopping to our feet to explore this machine further.

Having done our preliminary survey yesterday, we began to draw out the area in as much detail as possible. Each of us took clipboards and walked through every corner of the room, writing down everything we could so that we could take it to the surface with us and show everyone what we had found. We had come to the conclusion that this thing was some sort of power source, or generator, judging by all of the wires that led out from it. We were not sure exactly how it worked, but one part of the machine seemed to be producing the dust out of the ice in the surrounding areas and another part of the machine seemed to be converting it into electricity.

Augustine spent hours poring over everything in the room, before finally turning to us and announcing that she believed she may know how to turn it around and operate it.

Augustine moved over to a control panel and began hitting buttons and levers. The machine started to hum louder and louder, and the lighting in the room flickered on. It was working! It was making electricity out of ice!

The machine began to hum with power - and it soon began moving faster and faster and faster and faster! It was going too fast! The machine was shaking and rumbling, the ceiling and floors were starting to crumble, and it looked like it might explode at any second! We needed to shut it off and NOW.

Mnemeth began to frantically hit buttons and levers, hoping that one of them would shut the thing down, but it only made things worse. As the machine shook more and more, we realized that we needed to get out of here right away. We grabbed our bags and ran as fast as we could!

As we were just about to escape the room, the caverns around us began to crumble and break apart.

Mnemeth flew up into the air, guiding us as we weaved between falling boulders through the passageways. But just before we could get far enough away, an explosion went off behind us. The entire caverns collapsed around us and a trench opened up beneath us, sending us spiraling down into a cold, thin, icy trench with rubble falling on top of us. We soon found ourselves buried in ice.

We spent a few hours struggling, slowly growing colder and colder, but we were trapped and unable to move.

Eventually the world around us faded as we slowly froze. In those last few moments, we had thought that we would be trapped forever - but, if that were the case, you're probably wondering how you're reading this.

This is what happens, when a medic- with severe concussion from bad luck on day 1- tries to operate heavy machinery. Do not operate heavy machinery while on medication, kids! :P And Mnemeth, trying to help- Mnemeth love, you're our heavy artillery, not on for your engineering skills- no wonder you broke it. Good attempt at a rescue, but the explosion... at least the monster died under the rubble, I hope...
I guess it's game over...?
(I don't see how they're getting out of this one alive!)
Quote:
We did not rest as long as we might have as we were filled with excitement and anticipation at our new discovery. We awoke, immediately hopping to our feet to explore this machine further.

Having done our preliminary survey yesterday, we began to draw out the area in as much detail as possible. Each of us took clipboards and walked through every corner of the room, writing down everything we could so that we could take it to the surface with us and show everyone what we had found. We had come to the conclusion that this thing was some sort of power source, or generator, judging by all of the wires that led out from it. We were not sure exactly how it worked, but one part of the machine seemed to be producing the dust out of the ice in the surrounding areas and another part of the machine seemed to be converting it into electricity.

Augustine spent hours poring over everything in the room, before finally turning to us and announcing that she believed she may know how to turn it around and operate it.

Augustine moved over to a control panel and began hitting buttons and levers. The machine started to hum louder and louder, and the lighting in the room flickered on. It was working! It was making electricity out of ice!

The machine began to hum with power - and it soon began moving faster and faster and faster and faster! It was going too fast! The machine was shaking and rumbling, the ceiling and floors were starting to crumble, and it looked like it might explode at any second! We needed to shut it off and NOW.

Mnemeth began to frantically hit buttons and levers, hoping that one of them would shut the thing down, but it only made things worse. As the machine shook more and more, we realized that we needed to get out of here right away. We grabbed our bags and ran as fast as we could!

As we were just about to escape the room, the caverns around us began to crumble and break apart.

Mnemeth flew up into the air, guiding us as we weaved between falling boulders through the passageways. But just before we could get far enough away, an explosion went off behind us. The entire caverns collapsed around us and a trench opened up beneath us, sending us spiraling down into a cold, thin, icy trench with rubble falling on top of us. We soon found ourselves buried in ice.

We spent a few hours struggling, slowly growing colder and colder, but we were trapped and unable to move.

This is what happens, when a medic- with severe concussion from bad luck on day 1- tries to operate heavy machinery. Do not operate heavy machinery while on medication, kids! :P And Mnemeth, trying to help- Mnemeth love, you're our heavy artillery, not on for your engineering skills- no wonder you broke it. Good attempt at a rescue, but the explosion... at least the monster died under the rubble, I hope...
I guess it's game over...?
(I don't see how they're getting out of this one alive!)
fr42Fyq.png6qRiT6A.png59TgHaL.pngPIBxzws.png
I want another one of these threads with open registration... oh i missed it... Will we have another one?
I want another one of these threads with open registration... oh i missed it... Will we have another one?
s2lqbc0.png
[quote=day] I don't think anyone in our party got much sleep - not when we had the task ahead of us at the front of our minds. We knew what we had to do, to save the little dragon eggs that did not ask for this fate, but we were not sure we were brave enough to do it... We all stared down on the creature from above. It would take all three of us, at the peak of our abilities, to take it down. We didn't know if we could do it, but we had to try. There was no use waiting any longer. Standing all together, ready for action, we planned to jump in 3... 2... 1... Lieyel, a handful of potions in hand, began to fling them at the creature while diving about the room. Each splash of the acidic liquid melted at the creature, turning it to a soft goop and making it more and more vulnerable. Anastasia stayed up near the ceiling and began to bash it with all of her might. Soon bits of the caverns above came crumbling down upon the creature, crashing into it and bludgeoning it. We all continued to attack, trying as hard as we could, but we grew more and more weak and wounded, and it just kept fighting. It was so strong, and soon, in a moment of hesitation, we found ourselves scooped up one at a time and dropped into a prison of ice. We were so weak and hurt from fighting that we could barely stand, let alone break our way out of the thick, frozen stone walls. Collapsing into a pile, we only wished that we had spent a bit more time preparing. Eventually the world around us faded as we slowly froze. In those last few moments, we had thought that we would be trapped forever - but, if that were the case, you're probably wondering how you're reading this. [/quote] D: D: D: D: D:
day wrote:
I don't think anyone in our party got much sleep - not when we had the task ahead of us at the front of our minds. We knew what we had to do, to save the little dragon eggs that did not ask for this fate, but we were not sure we were brave enough to do it...

We all stared down on the creature from above. It would take all three of us, at the peak of our abilities, to take it down. We didn't know if we could do it, but we had to try. There was no use waiting any longer.

Standing all together, ready for action, we planned to jump in 3... 2... 1...

Lieyel, a handful of potions in hand, began to fling them at the creature while diving about the room. Each splash of the acidic liquid melted at the creature, turning it to a soft goop and making it more and more vulnerable.

Anastasia stayed up near the ceiling and began to bash it with all of her might. Soon bits of the caverns above came crumbling down upon the creature, crashing into it and bludgeoning it.

We all continued to attack, trying as hard as we could, but we grew more and more weak and wounded, and it just kept fighting. It was so strong, and soon, in a moment of hesitation, we found ourselves scooped up one at a time and dropped into a prison of ice. We were so weak and hurt from fighting that we could barely stand, let alone break our way out of the thick, frozen stone walls. Collapsing into a pile, we only wished that we had spent a bit more time preparing.

D: D: D: D: D:
6jinxGw.gifYhZESmf.pngGEiGsqG.pngylmCoHN.pngrmCl6LF.pngCcnk6GC.gif
aw, my babies turned tail and fled. i'm sad now.
aw, my babies turned tail and fled. i'm sad now.
Quote:

Unravel spent hours poring over everything in the room, before finally turning to us and announcing that she believed she may know how to turn it around and operate it.

Unravel moved over to a control panel and began hitting buttons and levers. The machine started to hum louder and louder, and the lighting in the room flickered on. It was working! It was making electricity out of ice!

Iskierka began to frantically hit buttons and levers, hoping that one of them would shut the thing down, but it only made things worse. As the machine shook more and more, we realized that we needed to get out of here right away. We grabbed our bags and ran as fast as we could!

Unravel flew up into the air, using a wind current to guide us as we weaved between falling boulders through the passageways. An explosion went off behind us, but we were far enough away to only have been sprayed with dust and small debris.

When the air settled, we looked back on the wreckage behind us. We would likely never know the full extent of the secrets that the machine had offered, at least not now. There was nothing to do but make our way back up to the surface.

We spent the rest of the day heading back towards the surface. When we had gone as far as we could, we ate our meal, logged our activities, and slept. Perhaps we would not be coming home with the technological revolution we had always dreamed of, but we were absolutely a step closer - and someday we could come back better prepared.

We got home safe and sound. Iskierka complains that the journey was too dull (we only met the small tentacle monsters once) but her teammates are just glad that they all survived the adventure.
Quote:

Unravel spent hours poring over everything in the room, before finally turning to us and announcing that she believed she may know how to turn it around and operate it.

Unravel moved over to a control panel and began hitting buttons and levers. The machine started to hum louder and louder, and the lighting in the room flickered on. It was working! It was making electricity out of ice!

Iskierka began to frantically hit buttons and levers, hoping that one of them would shut the thing down, but it only made things worse. As the machine shook more and more, we realized that we needed to get out of here right away. We grabbed our bags and ran as fast as we could!

Unravel flew up into the air, using a wind current to guide us as we weaved between falling boulders through the passageways. An explosion went off behind us, but we were far enough away to only have been sprayed with dust and small debris.

When the air settled, we looked back on the wreckage behind us. We would likely never know the full extent of the secrets that the machine had offered, at least not now. There was nothing to do but make our way back up to the surface.

We spent the rest of the day heading back towards the surface. When we had gone as far as we could, we ate our meal, logged our activities, and slept. Perhaps we would not be coming home with the technological revolution we had always dreamed of, but we were absolutely a step closer - and someday we could come back better prepared.

We got home safe and sound. Iskierka complains that the journey was too dull (we only met the small tentacle monsters once) but her teammates are just glad that they all survived the adventure.
1 2 ... 94 95 96 97 98 ... 103 104