Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [GALA] Journey into Snowspire Caverns
1 2 ... 79 80 81 82 83 ... 103 104
Jessica's Log - Day 3, Part 1

Well, well, well. Today was a good day - excellent, even. Nothing tried to kill us, and Sathonyx was almost useful!

It makes me nervous.

I need to stay vigilant. The Shadowbinder looks poorly upon those of her children who let their guard down. Tactical suicide is something other Flights do.

As for the day's events:
(Note: While I say "Day," we really have no idea what is when down here. "Activity Period" would be more accurate, but I just don't want to change note-taking conventions in the middle of my log.)

We woke up to find glowing mice eating Russ's rations. That's what you get for being an herbivore: all the small and sneaky creatures try to steal your food. Anything that wants to eat my food is big and aggressive and willing to fight me TOOTH AND CLAW! Except maggots, I guess. Though if your meat is rotten, then clearly you have other problems to worry about.

Whoops, I digressed there. Anyway, Russ stomped a few glow-mice flat before Sathonyx suggested that we find out where they had come from. You know, if Sathonyx would just stick to being reasonable and helpful like that all the time, then I wouldn't hate him as much. So we followed the terrified mice as they ran for home (Russ had to occasionally roar to get them good and scared again), finally reaching an enormous cavern, filled with life, where everything, absolutely everything, was bioluminescent (Yes, Sathonyx, I do know what that word means, I grew up in the Wispwillow Grove you piece of Longneck lint).

The place really was beautiful. Pastel colors, little glowing flowers everywhere, graceful vines hugging the walls. Russ and I got the chance to wander around while Sathonyx gathered samples and did some of that overglorified cooking he calls alchemy. It made me feel homesick, but I also felt at peace for the first time since entering the Icefield. Russ must have felt something similar; he approached me, and here is our conversation as best as I can remember it:

"This place is beautiful, is it not? I know not of its twin in all the Icefields," he said. I nodded. "A place worthy of being remembered, and shared with others, yes?"

"I know. It's going in the log for sure."

"Jessica," he hesitated, "I know you are a warrior, not a storyteller. Yet you seem to be enjoying taking the log..."

"What are you getting at?"

"Would you be willing to tell me about this later?" For the first time since I met him, Russ looked nervous.

"I don't underst-- Oh. Tundras. And memories." Insert "um", "right", and other stupid sounds here, until you want to slap me.

"I - there's no one else I can ask-"

"Yes! I mean, that's fine, Russ, really."

This conversation included without further comment, because writing it has made me emotionally exhausted. I need to take a break.

Jessica's Log - Day 3, Part 1

Well, well, well. Today was a good day - excellent, even. Nothing tried to kill us, and Sathonyx was almost useful!

It makes me nervous.

I need to stay vigilant. The Shadowbinder looks poorly upon those of her children who let their guard down. Tactical suicide is something other Flights do.

As for the day's events:
(Note: While I say "Day," we really have no idea what is when down here. "Activity Period" would be more accurate, but I just don't want to change note-taking conventions in the middle of my log.)

We woke up to find glowing mice eating Russ's rations. That's what you get for being an herbivore: all the small and sneaky creatures try to steal your food. Anything that wants to eat my food is big and aggressive and willing to fight me TOOTH AND CLAW! Except maggots, I guess. Though if your meat is rotten, then clearly you have other problems to worry about.

Whoops, I digressed there. Anyway, Russ stomped a few glow-mice flat before Sathonyx suggested that we find out where they had come from. You know, if Sathonyx would just stick to being reasonable and helpful like that all the time, then I wouldn't hate him as much. So we followed the terrified mice as they ran for home (Russ had to occasionally roar to get them good and scared again), finally reaching an enormous cavern, filled with life, where everything, absolutely everything, was bioluminescent (Yes, Sathonyx, I do know what that word means, I grew up in the Wispwillow Grove you piece of Longneck lint).

The place really was beautiful. Pastel colors, little glowing flowers everywhere, graceful vines hugging the walls. Russ and I got the chance to wander around while Sathonyx gathered samples and did some of that overglorified cooking he calls alchemy. It made me feel homesick, but I also felt at peace for the first time since entering the Icefield. Russ must have felt something similar; he approached me, and here is our conversation as best as I can remember it:

"This place is beautiful, is it not? I know not of its twin in all the Icefields," he said. I nodded. "A place worthy of being remembered, and shared with others, yes?"

"I know. It's going in the log for sure."

"Jessica," he hesitated, "I know you are a warrior, not a storyteller. Yet you seem to be enjoying taking the log..."

"What are you getting at?"

"Would you be willing to tell me about this later?" For the first time since I met him, Russ looked nervous.

"I don't underst-- Oh. Tundras. And memories." Insert "um", "right", and other stupid sounds here, until you want to slap me.

"I - there's no one else I can ask-"

"Yes! I mean, that's fine, Russ, really."

This conversation included without further comment, because writing it has made me emotionally exhausted. I need to take a break.

je1KGwo.png
@Seles [quote name="Seles" date=2017-01-28 19:49:13] [center][img]http://pokeunlock.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/reshiram-1.gif[/img][br][br]A wild Reshiram was seen roaming around this thread...[/center] [/quote] bellzan used a pokeball!
@Seles
Seles wrote on 2017-01-28:
reshiram-1.gif

A wild Reshiram was seen roaming around this thread...

bellzan used a pokeball!
44303339972_bbca1c3340_o.gif button_cts.png512.1xOrd.bellzan_zpsoczvztar.png24990473472_c6b3e103bf_o.png
[center]Jessica's Log - Day 3, Part 2[/center] As I mentioned earlier, Sathonyx did some experiments in the luminescent cave. His conclusions: [LIST] [*]There is a mysterious dust everywhere in this cave [*]It is somehow "familiar" (???) [*]The dust's source is a perfectly round hole bored into one corner of the cave floor. [/LIST] The hole was large enough for us to all fit through, making the next course of action obvious - as obvious as the conclusions Sathonyx had just stated. (I suppose dead weight is better than stabbing us in the back, but still.) We had to climb down with our pickaxes and rope. Sathonyx led the way initially, being the slowest, but then he stepped out of the way to grab - I swear this is true - [i]another[/i] piece of smoky quartz. Russ and I refused to wait and kept climbing, but then the stupid blue watermelon fell, crashing into both of us and sending us to the bottom, too. Despite being the first one to fall, Sathonyx ended up hitting the bottom first somehow - the astonishingly bad aerodynamics of the coatl breed? A blessing from the Shadowbinder? - and got crushed underneath me, breaking several of his bones. The feeling of his slippery skin and squishy, delectable fat layers reminded me of preying on seals, out on the sea ice. Mm, seals. Best hunting in the Icefield, hands down. I had a snack while Russ healed him up. We were in a section of caves that had clearly been shaped on purpose. No carvings; just pick marks and the occasional line (which Sathonyx says are foreman's marks). We wandered a bit, found nothing else worth mentioning. Camping in the middle of a corridor tonight. ----- A part of my message deserves a direct quote. Similar in spirit to that time on the first day when a Fae dragged an Imperial onto safe ground: [quote=Log - Day 3] Sathonyx led the way into the pit. When we had climbed nearly halfway to the bottom, Sathonyx, who was at the top, slipped, crashing into the others and leading the whole group plummeting to the bottom. Sathonyx, who had the misfortune of being on the bottom, was crushed beneath the weight of the other team members. [/quote] You read that correctly: Sathonyx goes from being on the bottom, to the top, to the bottom again, all in the space of three sentences.
Jessica's Log - Day 3, Part 2

As I mentioned earlier, Sathonyx did some experiments in the luminescent cave. His conclusions:
  • There is a mysterious dust everywhere in this cave
  • It is somehow "familiar" (???)
  • The dust's source is a perfectly round hole bored into one corner of the cave floor.

The hole was large enough for us to all fit through, making the next course of action obvious - as obvious as the conclusions Sathonyx had just stated. (I suppose dead weight is better than stabbing us in the back, but still.)

We had to climb down with our pickaxes and rope. Sathonyx led the way initially, being the slowest, but then he stepped out of the way to grab - I swear this is true - another piece of smoky quartz. Russ and I refused to wait and kept climbing, but then the stupid blue watermelon fell, crashing into both of us and sending us to the bottom, too. Despite being the first one to fall, Sathonyx ended up hitting the bottom first somehow - the astonishingly bad aerodynamics of the coatl breed? A blessing from the Shadowbinder? - and got crushed underneath me, breaking several of his bones. The feeling of his slippery skin and squishy, delectable fat layers reminded me of preying on seals, out on the sea ice. Mm, seals. Best hunting in the Icefield, hands down.

I had a snack while Russ healed him up.

We were in a section of caves that had clearly been shaped on purpose. No carvings; just pick marks and the occasional line (which Sathonyx says are foreman's marks). We wandered a bit, found nothing else worth mentioning. Camping in the middle of a corridor tonight.

A part of my message deserves a direct quote. Similar in spirit to that time on the first day when a Fae dragged an Imperial onto safe ground:
Log - Day 3 wrote:
Sathonyx led the way into the pit. When we had climbed nearly halfway to the bottom, Sathonyx, who was at the top, slipped, crashing into the others and leading the whole group plummeting to the bottom. Sathonyx, who had the misfortune of being on the bottom, was crushed beneath the weight of the other team members.

You read that correctly: Sathonyx goes from being on the bottom, to the top, to the bottom again, all in the space of three sentences.
je1KGwo.png
[center][img]http://pokeunlock.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/heatran-1.gif[/img][br][br]A wild Heatran was seen roaming around this thread...[/center]
heatran-1.gif

A wild Heatran was seen roaming around this thread...
8mZCvaS.png
[quote name="Seles" date=2017-01-28 21:12:59] [center][img]http://pokeunlock.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/heatran-1.gif[/img][br][br]A wild Heatran was seen roaming around this thread...[/center] [/quote] @Seles Xcscientist used a pokeball!
Seles wrote on 2017-01-28:
heatran-1.gif

A wild Heatran was seen roaming around this thread...

@Seles

Xcscientist used a pokeball!

188423.png

- Xc
- she/they
- FR+0
- wishlist

words word
184209.png336966.png472370.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/1KP1kld.gif[/img][br][br]A wild Ho-Oh was seen roaming around this thread...[/center]
1KP1kld.gif

A wild Ho-Oh was seen roaming around this thread...
vKdEoyf.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/UvP4Epo.gif[/img][br][br]A wild Primal Groudon was seen roaming around this thread...[/center]
UvP4Epo.gif

A wild Primal Groudon was seen roaming around this thread...
5wzahZU.gif
MY LAST CATCH WAS AUREATE

Other rangers, post! ;-;
MY LAST CATCH WAS AUREATE

Other rangers, post! ;-;
Snivy on Dappervolk! Offering 500/1000g for Hatching Slots :D Wishlist and Personal Quest
Offering Expedited Leveling
Trading Strange Chests for Eggs!
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/PrmgUti.gif[/img][br][br]A wild Latias was seen roaming around this thread...[/center]
PrmgUti.gif

A wild Latias was seen roaming around this thread...
5wzahZU.gif
[center][img]http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen6/xy-animated/647.gif[/img][br][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2078744#post_24698964][img]http://i.imgur.com/tvbcGte.png[/img][/url][/center]
647.gif
tvbcGte.png
vKdEoyf.png
1 2 ... 79 80 81 82 83 ... 103 104