Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | The Expedition - Discussion [D6]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 293 294
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/jkzAri9.png[/img][/center] You’re the first one off the plane and you immediately regret it. The cold is a punch to the face. You huddle into your jacket, wishing you brought something thicker. You knew it was going to be freezing, but not this bad. You clutch your bags to your chest and begin heading towards the camp. Some permanent residents brave the weather to greet you, murmuring directions before turning to the other arrivals. You follow their instructions, ducking into the building as soon as your stiff fingers pry the door open. The difference inside is night and day. You suck in a relieved breath, shivering at the entrance. Another guest nearly barrels into you as they desperately try to get inside. You both quickly utter your apologies before moving out of the way. The remaining permanent staff are here, chatting amongst themselves. They’re clearly important judging by their uniforms. One of them is a short, curvy black woman. She appears to be the boss. As soon as everyone enters the foyer, she steps up to a makeshift podium. The lights dim and a projection screen lowers. “Welcome to Siberia,” she calls out. “My name is Gloria and I am the administrative lead for Project Obsidian. I hope the weather hasn’t put you off. It’s like this everyday.” A few people grumble and another couple laugh. She smiles. “Today is orientation. Depending on your division, one of our department leads will show you to your quarters and work stations.” She gestures to a squirrely man, a woman with bright red hair, a serious-looking man and a handsome man in turn. “This is Vadim Ivanov. He heads research. Molly Karlsson, medical. Gerson March, security. Samuel Lopez, tech. Make sure to meet them after the presentation.” “Now, onto the important stuff. You are all here to research the Obelisks. I’m sure you’ve heard all about it on the news. Everything they’ve said is a lie, misinformation. Let me tell you the truth: the stones are alive and dangerous.” There were a few shocked gasps. “Our goal is the containment of the stones and their power. The six months you are stationed here will be completely dedicated to this cause. Division leaders will fill you in on the details. In the meantime, get situated. You’re all here for the long haul.” Gloria turns and walks off, her exit dogged with questions. Security stops anyone from following her. You suddenly have a feeling that coming here was mistake. A very costly mistake.
jkzAri9.png

You’re the first one off the plane and you immediately regret it. The cold is a punch to the face. You huddle into your jacket, wishing you brought something thicker. You knew it was going to be freezing, but not this bad. You clutch your bags to your chest and begin heading towards the camp. Some permanent residents brave the weather to greet you, murmuring directions before turning to the other arrivals.

You follow their instructions, ducking into the building as soon as your stiff fingers pry the door open. The difference inside is night and day. You suck in a relieved breath, shivering at the entrance. Another guest nearly barrels into you as they desperately try to get inside. You both quickly utter your apologies before moving out of the way.

The remaining permanent staff are here, chatting amongst themselves. They’re clearly important judging by their uniforms. One of them is a short, curvy black woman. She appears to be the boss. As soon as everyone enters the foyer, she steps up to a makeshift podium. The lights dim and a projection screen lowers.

“Welcome to Siberia,” she calls out. “My name is Gloria and I am the administrative lead for Project Obsidian. I hope the weather hasn’t put you off. It’s like this everyday.”

A few people grumble and another couple laugh. She smiles. “Today is orientation. Depending on your division, one of our department leads will show you to your quarters and work stations.”

She gestures to a squirrely man, a woman with bright red hair, a serious-looking man and a handsome man in turn. “This is Vadim Ivanov. He heads research. Molly Karlsson, medical. Gerson March, security. Samuel Lopez, tech. Make sure to meet them after the presentation.”

“Now, onto the important stuff. You are all here to research the Obelisks. I’m sure you’ve heard all about it on the news. Everything they’ve said is a lie, misinformation. Let me tell you the truth: the stones are alive and dangerous.”

There were a few shocked gasps. “Our goal is the containment of the stones and their power. The six months you are stationed here will be completely dedicated to this cause. Division leaders will fill you in on the details. In the meantime, get situated. You’re all here for the long haul.”

Gloria turns and walks off, her exit dogged with questions. Security stops anyone from following her. You suddenly have a feeling that coming here was mistake.

A very costly mistake.
utoOrTH.png
Dawnskimmer Refuge

Accents | Lore | Wishlist
[center][font=Cambria][size=7][color=#43c0f6]Rules[/color][/size][/font][/center] [quote=Traitors / Mafia Win Condition] Kill all opposing factions that cannot win with you.[/quote] [quote=Researchers / Town Win Condition] Kill all opposing factions.[/quote] General [LIST] [*][b]Lockdowns occur every 48 hours.[/b] No abilities, votes or personal logs will be accepted after lockdown. [*]Discussion may continue after lockdown. Once you see [b]reserved[/b] posts, stop talking all together. Do not post until all players have been pinged and the Start of Day post is up. [*][b]Days may be extended for 24 hours.[/b] This can occur up to 3 times. Extensions require 33% of the players to vote. [*]Please do not talk to players out of thread or outside your assigned Quick Topics. [*][b]Do not copypaste or screenshot any information the mods give you[/b] in QT’s or PM’s. [*][u]If you are dead, you are dead[/u]. Don’t talk to players still alive about the game. [*]Don’t edit or delete any posts you make unless you are given permission. [*][b]Mod is god[/b], do not argue with our decisions. [*]Breaking or the feigning of breaking rules is punishable by replacement or mod kill. You will only get one warning. [/LIST] Activity [LIST] [*][b]Each player is required to make at least 5 posts for every 24 hours period and 1 vote in the lynch thread every lockdown cycle.[/b] [*]First offence with result in being roleblocked. Second offence, jailed. Third offence, replacement or removal. This is cumulative. [*]Please warn the mods through PMs if you are going to be inactive. [/LIST] Contacting Mods [LIST] [*]Please submit abilities, actions with the title ‘Day # - Actions.’ [*]Submit personal logs with the title ‘Day # - Personal Log.’ [*]Submit questions with ‘Day # - Questions.’ [*]Submit classified file answers in your QT. [*][u]If you do not title your messages properly, they will be ignored.[/u] [*]Keep in mind mods will not always be truthful. Anything outside announcements should be taken with a grain of salt. [*]Journey is a jerk. Don’t expect me to be particularly helpful. [*]Nerasis stop biting people. It’s gross. [/LIST] Lynching [LIST] [*]A [b]majority vote[/b] is needed to lynch a player. No votes (failures to vote) do not count towards this. [*]Submit all votes to the lynch thread. [*]Do not make a new post if you want to change your vote. Instead strikeout the previous vote and write in the new one. [*]Only make a new post on each new cycle. [/LIST] Actions [LIST] [*][u]Players can use one ability and one item per night.[/u] [*]Items can be used, tossed or given to other players. Tossed items will resurface the day after and will be given to a random player. [*]Actions must be submitted before lockdown. [*]You cannot use abilities while you’re bleeding or injured. [*]If you are [b]bleeding[/b], you will die the next day if you are not healed. During inclement weather you have a 50% chance to die on the day you were attacked. [*]If you are [b]injured[/b], you will will not die from your injuries. During inclement weather you have a 25% chance to die on that day. [*]A doctor can heal either effect. [/LIST] Personal Logs [LIST] [*][u]Each player is required to keep a personal log.[/u] [*]Submit a single sentence to the moderators. [*]If you fail to submit anything, that lockdown cycle will remain blank. [*]This log will be revealed to everyone upon your death. [/LIST]
Rules

Traitors / Mafia Win Condition wrote:
Kill all opposing factions that cannot win with you.
Researchers / Town Win Condition wrote:
Kill all opposing factions.

General

• Lockdowns occur every 48 hours. No abilities, votes or personal logs will be accepted after lockdown.
  • Discussion may continue after lockdown. Once you see reserved posts, stop talking all together. Do not post until all players have been pinged and the Start of Day post is up.
  • Days may be extended for 24 hours. This can occur up to 3 times. Extensions require 33% of the players to vote.
  • Please do not talk to players out of thread or outside your assigned Quick Topics.
  • Do not copypaste or screenshot any information the mods give you in QT’s or PM’s.
  • If you are dead, you are dead. Don’t talk to players still alive about the game.
  • Don’t edit or delete any posts you make unless you are given permission.
  • Mod is god, do not argue with our decisions.
  • Breaking or the feigning of breaking rules is punishable by replacement or mod kill. You will only get one warning.

Activity

• Each player is required to make at least 5 posts for every 24 hours period and 1 vote in the lynch thread every lockdown cycle.
  • First offence with result in being roleblocked. Second offence, jailed. Third offence, replacement or removal. This is cumulative.
  • Please warn the mods through PMs if you are going to be inactive.

Contacting Mods

• Please submit abilities, actions with the title ‘Day # - Actions.’
  • Submit personal logs with the title ‘Day # - Personal Log.’
  • Submit questions with ‘Day # - Questions.’
  • Submit classified file answers in your QT.
  • If you do not title your messages properly, they will be ignored.
  • Keep in mind mods will not always be truthful. Anything outside announcements should be taken with a grain of salt.
  • Journey is a jerk. Don’t expect me to be particularly helpful.
  • Nerasis stop biting people. It’s gross.

Lynching

• A majority vote is needed to lynch a player. No votes (failures to vote) do not count towards this.
  • Submit all votes to the lynch thread.
  • Do not make a new post if you want to change your vote. Instead strikeout the previous vote and write in the new one.
  • Only make a new post on each new cycle.

Actions

• Players can use one ability and one item per night.
  • Items can be used, tossed or given to other players. Tossed items will resurface the day after and will be given to a random player.
  • Actions must be submitted before lockdown.
  • You cannot use abilities while you’re bleeding or injured.
  • If you are bleeding, you will die the next day if you are not healed. During inclement weather you have a 50% chance to die on the day you were attacked.
  • If you are injured, you will will not die from your injuries. During inclement weather you have a 25% chance to die on that day.
  • A doctor can heal either effect.

Personal Logs

• Each player is required to keep a personal log.
  • Submit a single sentence to the moderators.
  • If you fail to submit anything, that lockdown cycle will remain blank.
  • This log will be revealed to everyone upon your death.
utoOrTH.png
Dawnskimmer Refuge

[center][font=Cambria][size=7][color=#43c0f6]Prizes[/color][/size][/font] Prizes will be handed out once the game is won. Players who were considered inactive more than once through the entirety of the game will automatically be disqualified from earning prizes, even if they win. [quote=Winners Take All][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 250,000 - 300,00kT To be split among all living, winning players.[/quote] [quote=Consolation Prize][item=blue goo] [item=blue sludge] [item=gold muck] [item=blue ooze] [item=white slime] Get some Baldwin crafting materials. To be given to all dead, winning players.[/quote] [quote=You're a Natural][item=Nature Sprite] For the player who did it all.[/quote] [quote=Bad Luck Brian][item=salt] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 100kT [url=http://i.imgur.com/QVleiLl.png]For the first death of the game.[/url][/quote] [quote=Natural Born Killer][item=eliminate] For the player with the highest kill count.[/quote] [quote=Barely Holding On][item=Scavenger's Tatters] For someone who almost died, but lived well beyond their expiration date.[/quote] [quote=AUGH SNOW][skin=8412] For the unfortunate player constantly blocked by the weather.[/quote] [quote=Must Be Canadian][skin=8413] For the lucky player who always braved the weather and won.[/quote]
Prizes

Prizes will be handed out once the game is won. Players who were considered inactive more than once through the entirety of the game will automatically be disqualified from earning prizes, even if they win.

Winners Take All wrote:
icon_treasure.png 250,000 - 300,00kT

To be split among all living, winning players.
Consolation Prize wrote:
Blue Goo Blue Sludge Gold Muck Blue Ooze White Slime

Get some Baldwin crafting materials. To be given to all dead, winning players.
You're a Natural wrote:
Nature Sprite
For the player who did it all.
Bad Luck Brian wrote:
Salt
icon_treasure.png 100kT

For the first death of the game.
Natural Born Killer wrote:
Eliminate
For the player with the highest kill count.
Barely Holding On wrote:
Scavenger's Tatters
For someone who almost died, but lived well beyond their expiration date.
AUGH SNOW wrote:

For the unfortunate player constantly blocked by the weather.
Must Be Canadian wrote:

For the lucky player who always braved the weather and won.
utoOrTH.png
Dawnskimmer Refuge

Player Information

Players

Red

1. StormDreamer
  2. Vrykolakas
  3. Revalis Combtaystic - (Modkilled)
  4. HSoup - (The Drunk One)
  5. demoliceros
  6. lpshoper - (The Large One)

Yellow

1. Fil - (The Overeager One)
  2. Kinaiii - (The Left One)
  3. CaptianCookie - (The Creepy One)
  4. nsts - (The Irritable One)
  5. 8uny
  6. Chillyfoot - (The Inspired One)

Blue

1. Blizzardwing - (The Impatient One)
  2. Ambrose
  3. Gwendolyn - (The Chatty One)
  4. Quamosthy - (Modkilled)
  5. VivaFariy - (The Paranoid One)
  6. Nebulae1 KathiraNarae - (The Shifty One)

Green

1. Leremis
  2. Rosetta248
  3. xspideray
  4. luxmold
  5. TrickingFate
  6. Stanari

Black

1. Ninjacatblue - (Modkilled)
  2. Winterreise - (The Indecisive One)
  3. Beheaded KanayaChopin
  4. blanketgender - (The Kind One)
  5. MagykalWagykal - (The Determined One)
  6. Pippypip20 - (Modkilled and Banned)

Substitutes

1. KanayaChopin
  2. KathiraNarae
  3. Combtaystic

Spectators

1. Cognitive
  2. 84inch
  3. Craneoflores
  4. Skyeset
  5. Rangiku
Player Information

Players

Red

1. StormDreamer
  2. Vrykolakas
  3. Revalis Combtaystic - (Modkilled)
  4. HSoup - (The Drunk One)
  5. demoliceros
  6. lpshoper - (The Large One)

Yellow

1. Fil - (The Overeager One)
  2. Kinaiii - (The Left One)
  3. CaptianCookie - (The Creepy One)
  4. nsts - (The Irritable One)
  5. 8uny
  6. Chillyfoot - (The Inspired One)

Blue

1. Blizzardwing - (The Impatient One)
  2. Ambrose
  3. Gwendolyn - (The Chatty One)
  4. Quamosthy - (Modkilled)
  5. VivaFariy - (The Paranoid One)
  6. Nebulae1 KathiraNarae - (The Shifty One)

Green

1. Leremis
  2. Rosetta248
  3. xspideray
  4. luxmold
  5. TrickingFate
  6. Stanari

Black

1. Ninjacatblue - (Modkilled)
  2. Winterreise - (The Indecisive One)
  3. Beheaded KanayaChopin
  4. blanketgender - (The Kind One)
  5. MagykalWagykal - (The Determined One)
  6. Pippypip20 - (Modkilled and Banned)

Substitutes

1. KanayaChopin
  2. KathiraNarae
  3. Combtaystic

Spectators

1. Cognitive
  2. 84inch
  3. Craneoflores
  4. Skyeset
  5. Rangiku
utoOrTH.png
Dawnskimmer Refuge

FAQs

I don't know what x mechanic is.

Have you checked the rules before asking me your question?

What is security clearance?

Security clearance grants players of the same team color the ability to use their 'power role'. This power role can be anything from another ability, a passive or an additional clause to their current role.

Teams will also gain an advantage given through their respective Quick Topic links.

How do I get security clearance?

Daily puzzles will be posted on the discussion thread, and players must work together within their teams to find the answer. The first team to find the answer will gain clearance for the next day. As for Day One, the next clearance will be given randomly.

What are teams?

Teams are merely the colors you picked in the beginning of the game. Team members will not all be allies, so keep that in mind when theorizing and posting information.

What are personal logs?

Personal logs are like a death note. Every lockdown cycle you send me a single sentence with whatever you want; from helpful information to nonsense like image links. These get recorded for each day. So for Day One, you could enter 'I roleblocked Nerasis' and on Day Two you could put 'I roleblocked Journey.' If you die on Day Three, those messages will be put on full display for all players to see.

If you've ever played Town of Salem, its the paper which most people use to spam memes instead of information.
FAQs

I don't know what x mechanic is.

Have you checked the rules before asking me your question?

What is security clearance?

Security clearance grants players of the same team color the ability to use their 'power role'. This power role can be anything from another ability, a passive or an additional clause to their current role.

Teams will also gain an advantage given through their respective Quick Topic links.

How do I get security clearance?

Daily puzzles will be posted on the discussion thread, and players must work together within their teams to find the answer. The first team to find the answer will gain clearance for the next day. As for Day One, the next clearance will be given randomly.

What are teams?

Teams are merely the colors you picked in the beginning of the game. Team members will not all be allies, so keep that in mind when theorizing and posting information.

What are personal logs?

Personal logs are like a death note. Every lockdown cycle you send me a single sentence with whatever you want; from helpful information to nonsense like image links. These get recorded for each day. So for Day One, you could enter 'I roleblocked Nerasis' and on Day Two you could put 'I roleblocked Journey.' If you die on Day Three, those messages will be put on full display for all players to see.

If you've ever played Town of Salem, its the paper which most people use to spam memes instead of information.
utoOrTH.png
Dawnskimmer Refuge

utoOrTH.png
Dawnskimmer Refuge

Day Zero

You're all exhausted from the trip here and the frighteningly cold weather outside deters you from exploring the base. Instead most of you find your ways to the small lobbies dotting the main building, where a few comfy chairs await. It's a good opportunity to introduce yourselves.

There's some worry about the obelisks. The information you do know is limited to news reports and crazy rumors, but the idea of the stones being alive scares you a little. What exactly are they? Are they some strange alien species? Were they built by some unknown creatures from Earth or beyond? Were they some remnant from a time where stranger things were possible? You didn't know, and neither did your fellow researchers. You discussed theories amongst yourselves eagerly.

At least the night would pass quickly, and your first day would be upon you. Then maybe all of you could get some work done.

No clearance for today. This is merely an introduction phase. Do not submit any actions or personal logs at this time.

Participation is completely optional. No player will be penalized for inactivity this day only.

The game will officially start tomorrow at 18:00 FRT.

Weather Forecast

Today
Cloudy
12° F
Too cold for any outside activities.

Tomorrow
Clear Skies
32° F
A nice start to your first day on the job.
Day Zero

You're all exhausted from the trip here and the frighteningly cold weather outside deters you from exploring the base. Instead most of you find your ways to the small lobbies dotting the main building, where a few comfy chairs await. It's a good opportunity to introduce yourselves.

There's some worry about the obelisks. The information you do know is limited to news reports and crazy rumors, but the idea of the stones being alive scares you a little. What exactly are they? Are they some strange alien species? Were they built by some unknown creatures from Earth or beyond? Were they some remnant from a time where stranger things were possible? You didn't know, and neither did your fellow researchers. You discussed theories amongst yourselves eagerly.

At least the night would pass quickly, and your first day would be upon you. Then maybe all of you could get some work done.

No clearance for today. This is merely an introduction phase. Do not submit any actions or personal logs at this time.

Participation is completely optional. No player will be penalized for inactivity this day only.

The game will officially start tomorrow at 18:00 FRT.

Weather Forecast

Today
Cloudy
12° F
Too cold for any outside activities.

Tomorrow
Clear Skies
32° F
A nice start to your first day on the job.
utoOrTH.png
Dawnskimmer Refuge

HYPE
HYPE
tumblr_inline_nrfex33sDc1rbfe8q_500.gif Leremis
She/her
Wishlist
Whoot whoot.
I'm here and excited.
Does anyone have a questionnaire?
Whoot whoot.
I'm here and excited.
Does anyone have a questionnaire?
Until you test your wings, you'll never know how far you'll fly or how high you'll soar.
So spread your wings, it's time to fly. Make the leap, own the sky.
You may not know where you're going, and that's okay. As long as you spread your wings, the wind will carry you at least part of the way.
The time though is today.
It's time to fly.
She/Her, 18, INFJ, PST (FRT+0).
hype yeee
hype yeee
On hiatus, again--might come on here to see how things are doing but that's all.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 293 294