Forum Games
Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Clan Wars
1 2
Moved here from the RP forums.
(old thread: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1693579/1)

This thread is for the discussion and arranging of wars between clans.
It's still a new idea in the works, but the original concept is as follows:

Quote:
This is an idea for a level-based war between two clans, and their allies.

It could be done as a roleplay, even a very succinct one, with strength on either side being measured by levels. So it 25 lvl1 dragons to take on one lvl25. Clans preparing for war would probably train their permanent members up to ~10 or so because it’s an easy way to gain levels. Fodder wouldn’t be counted, just actual, permanent clan members.

Counting enemy levels could be discouraged, so clans would rely on intelligence from allies or encounters with other clans to ascertain the strength of unknown clans. “Ah but people can just cheat, and they’ll never attack a stronger enemy”
Yes but they will attack a weaker one, who can then call in their allies for surprise reinforcement.

This gives a distinct advantage to having clan alliances. Allies can’t just be called in by saying “I call this clan so suck on it.”: The ally must agree, and actually participate beyond just saying yeah sure, and it would change the stakes. This is to discourage massive alliances of people who don’t actually participate but swell the power of one group into an undefeated mass.
For example, if the two warring clans battled for 50k in ‘war reparations’ that loot would then have to be split with the ally in some way. The ally might have to ‘buy in’ in the sense that if they too were defeated, they would forfeit some resource, so the enemy clan might make 100k if he still overpowered both - 50k from each clan. Whereas the clan who called the ally might have to split their loot - a mere 25k each.

Imagine a huge battle between two clans, each just calling in ally after ally in a huge chain. The lore repercussions could be widespread.

Battles could be fought by staking some kind of resource, whether food, fodder (hostages?), maybe the clan’s servitude as an ally in the next battle, or maybe treasure, taken as war reparations.

Would anyone be interested? It’s something that relies a lot on the integrity of the participants, so it’s a friendly kind of thing. At least it’s fairly self-moderating in the sense that if people cheat or refuse to pay up if some stakes were agreed upon, they’re likely to lose allies or have others rally against them.

If there’s any interest I’ll make a thread for it, I think it might be a fun way to play that adds some meaning to the Coli and some prestige and value to leveling your permanent members.
Moved here from the RP forums.
(old thread: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/1693579/1)

This thread is for the discussion and arranging of wars between clans.
It's still a new idea in the works, but the original concept is as follows:

Quote:
This is an idea for a level-based war between two clans, and their allies.

It could be done as a roleplay, even a very succinct one, with strength on either side being measured by levels. So it 25 lvl1 dragons to take on one lvl25. Clans preparing for war would probably train their permanent members up to ~10 or so because it’s an easy way to gain levels. Fodder wouldn’t be counted, just actual, permanent clan members.

Counting enemy levels could be discouraged, so clans would rely on intelligence from allies or encounters with other clans to ascertain the strength of unknown clans. “Ah but people can just cheat, and they’ll never attack a stronger enemy”
Yes but they will attack a weaker one, who can then call in their allies for surprise reinforcement.

This gives a distinct advantage to having clan alliances. Allies can’t just be called in by saying “I call this clan so suck on it.”: The ally must agree, and actually participate beyond just saying yeah sure, and it would change the stakes. This is to discourage massive alliances of people who don’t actually participate but swell the power of one group into an undefeated mass.
For example, if the two warring clans battled for 50k in ‘war reparations’ that loot would then have to be split with the ally in some way. The ally might have to ‘buy in’ in the sense that if they too were defeated, they would forfeit some resource, so the enemy clan might make 100k if he still overpowered both - 50k from each clan. Whereas the clan who called the ally might have to split their loot - a mere 25k each.

Imagine a huge battle between two clans, each just calling in ally after ally in a huge chain. The lore repercussions could be widespread.

Battles could be fought by staking some kind of resource, whether food, fodder (hostages?), maybe the clan’s servitude as an ally in the next battle, or maybe treasure, taken as war reparations.

Would anyone be interested? It’s something that relies a lot on the integrity of the participants, so it’s a friendly kind of thing. At least it’s fairly self-moderating in the sense that if people cheat or refuse to pay up if some stakes were agreed upon, they’re likely to lose allies or have others rally against them.

If there’s any interest I’ll make a thread for it, I think it might be a fun way to play that adds some meaning to the Coli and some prestige and value to leveling your permanent members.
14c75055bcb9cc67c8a94a46926ff636.gif57b6a078ae70f8cb63a2da784d24b17c.png
This is a new concept and I'm still trying to work out the details and rules - if you want to try it out please let me know any suggestions for running it smoothly!

Pinglist:

Sign up here, find allies or begin a battle with someone!


Rules:

  • Clans may choose whether to divulge their allies or keep them secret until battle day. Intelligence is valuable.
  • All spoils of war should be paid to the victorious clan by the losing clan and each losing ally - they can distribute amongst their allies as agreed prior.
  • Hiding your powerful dragons in other lairs until battle dayis permitted, BUT: Be aware that if your dragons are stolen, you are responsible and staff doesn't assist in returning them. It's at your own risk.
  • On battle day: all dragons included in the tally must be PERMANENT clan members, (no fodder, no borrowed dragons) and all must be in your lair at the time of battle. Battle day is the only time counting enemy levels isn't frowned upon.
  • Allied clans must post their own tallies on the thread. If an ally is absent on the day of battle, tough luck.
  • Ping your enemy in replies!
  • Agree on all stakes beforehand.

This is a new concept and I'm still trying to work out the details and rules - if you want to try it out please let me know any suggestions for running it smoothly!

Pinglist:

Sign up here, find allies or begin a battle with someone!


Rules:

  • Clans may choose whether to divulge their allies or keep them secret until battle day. Intelligence is valuable.
  • All spoils of war should be paid to the victorious clan by the losing clan and each losing ally - they can distribute amongst their allies as agreed prior.
  • Hiding your powerful dragons in other lairs until battle dayis permitted, BUT: Be aware that if your dragons are stolen, you are responsible and staff doesn't assist in returning them. It's at your own risk.
  • On battle day: all dragons included in the tally must be PERMANENT clan members, (no fodder, no borrowed dragons) and all must be in your lair at the time of battle. Battle day is the only time counting enemy levels isn't frowned upon.
  • Allied clans must post their own tallies on the thread. If an ally is absent on the day of battle, tough luck.
  • Ping your enemy in replies!
  • Agree on all stakes beforehand.

14c75055bcb9cc67c8a94a46926ff636.gif57b6a078ae70f8cb63a2da784d24b17c.png
[b]FAQ:[/b] [quote][b]How should I set up a war?[/b] Find someone willing to war with you. Make sure you've both read the rules and agreed on stakes beforehand, such as: 50k to the victor from each clan defeated. Then set a timeframe, eg: "The battle will commence in 3 days when the dom timer ticks over." (This gives both sides time to arrange allies and train up their permanents). If you're into RP, discuss the grounds for the battle, the situation, play around and make it fun. Make a thread or use this one - if multiple clans are involved messages won't work. At the agreed upon time both clans will submit their strength, as will any allies on either side. The numbers are tallied, the winner is declared, and depending on your love of RP, fight scenes are written.[/quote] [quote][b]How do I act as an ally in the war?[/b] Arrange your alliance with a warring clan - whether covertly or publicly is up to you and your strategy. If your clan is defeated you'll likely be expected to forfeit resources to the winner, ensure you have the required buy-in. When the battle occurs submit your clan's strength, possibly alongside a little story of how your clan is assisting. Healers? Ambushing the attackers? Collect your cut from your ally or pay up as agreed.[/quote] [quote][b]If I wanted to assist an ally in war, does the whole clan have to go, or can I send a subgroup or selection of battlers?[/b] Sending a subgroup is alright, but you may want to discuss your cut of the loot with the ally you're assisting - receiving a smaller cut of the loot might make sense for a smaller contribution.[/quote] [quote][b]But what if people cheat/don't pay up the agreed loot?[/b] Ask nicely, and remember the TOS. There is no attacking or public blacklisting allowed, but that doesn't mean you have to interact with cheaters. This game relies a lot on integrity, and people who cheat will likely end up with fewer allies, and fewer people agreeing to battle them.[/quote] [quote][b]Can't I just go count all the levels in the enemy clan so I know exactly when to fight or run?[/b] Of course you're going to peek at their lair, but trying to work out which are permanents and which aren't and tally the levels is discouraged. Besides- it won't save you from attacks by allies.[/quote]
FAQ:

Quote:
How should I set up a war?

Find someone willing to war with you. Make sure you've both read the rules and agreed on stakes beforehand, such as: 50k to the victor from each clan defeated.
Then set a timeframe, eg: "The battle will commence in 3 days when the dom timer ticks over." (This gives both sides time to arrange allies and train up their permanents).
If you're into RP, discuss the grounds for the battle, the situation, play around and make it fun. Make a thread or use this one - if multiple clans are involved messages won't work.
At the agreed upon time both clans will submit their strength, as will any allies on either side. The numbers are tallied, the winner is declared, and depending on your love of RP, fight scenes are written.
Quote:
How do I act as an ally in the war?

Arrange your alliance with a warring clan - whether covertly or publicly is up to you and your strategy. If your clan is defeated you'll likely be expected to forfeit resources to the winner, ensure you have the required buy-in. When the battle occurs submit your clan's strength, possibly alongside a little story of how your clan is assisting. Healers? Ambushing the attackers? Collect your cut from your ally or pay up as agreed.
Quote:
If I wanted to assist an ally in war, does the whole clan have to go, or can I send a subgroup or selection of battlers?

Sending a subgroup is alright, but you may want to discuss your cut of the loot with the ally you're assisting - receiving a smaller cut of the loot might make sense for a smaller contribution.
Quote:
But what if people cheat/don't pay up the agreed loot?

Ask nicely, and remember the TOS. There is no attacking or public blacklisting allowed, but that doesn't mean you have to interact with cheaters. This game relies a lot on integrity, and people who cheat will likely end up with fewer allies, and fewer people agreeing to battle them.
Quote:
Can't I just go count all the levels in the enemy clan so I know exactly when to fight or run?

Of course you're going to peek at their lair, but trying to work out which are permanents and which aren't and tally the levels is discouraged. Besides- it won't save you from attacks by allies.
14c75055bcb9cc67c8a94a46926ff636.gif57b6a078ae70f8cb63a2da784d24b17c.png
x
x
14c75055bcb9cc67c8a94a46926ff636.gif57b6a078ae70f8cb63a2da784d24b17c.png
@BunnyKei
I'm not sure I understand 100% How this works but it seems interesting.
@BunnyKei
I'm not sure I understand 100% How this works but it seems interesting.
SWAS_Forum_Signature.png
@dragonair478 Haha. It's a work in progress. the old thread is in the RP forums - me and another player started a war, which will happen in 4 days. Till then we're both leveling our dragons and rounding up allies - in the end the one with the most levels on their side will win!
It's just a bit of fun, roleplay and allegiance-forming, with a wager thrown in to make it interesting.
@dragonair478 Haha. It's a work in progress. the old thread is in the RP forums - me and another player started a war, which will happen in 4 days. Till then we're both leveling our dragons and rounding up allies - in the end the one with the most levels on their side will win!
It's just a bit of fun, roleplay and allegiance-forming, with a wager thrown in to make it interesting.
14c75055bcb9cc67c8a94a46926ff636.gif57b6a078ae70f8cb63a2da784d24b17c.png
Quote:
Peony, the clan leader, sat at her desk.
Managing the clan sure took some effort these days. First there had been issues with the flood stores, and then the incident with Poppy... She sighed, remembering.
Poppy, the clan's armoursmith, had scavenged some bones while on a journey, and crafted a lovely set of greaves from them. Only, the bones had belonged to a deceased dragon from another clan, and they had been understandably upset. She hoped they would accept her apologies.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Mimic, the annoying little Nocturne who insisted on following her about, as she zoomed in. "They're heeeeere!" She crowed happily.

"Who's here? Peony asked.

"All the clan's allies! And that clan you wanted to fight."

"WHAT?"

Mimic wiggled her claws behind her head as if imitating Peony's feathered crests. "You said "I'll fight them!", remember?"

"I said INVITE THEM! For tea! Not I'll fight them! IN-VITE-THEM!" Peony raced out of her study with a cry of "Oh, EARTHSHAKER!", the pounding of many feet becoming louder by the second...

(The Cottontail clan is ready to battle!
Between 56 permanent members, there are 150 levels.
Calling in the clan's allies, if you would like to take part, post a little something before the day is out, bearing in mind that the bet is 50k.
@naga @TygerTyger @kizmetto

And @Brianna100: Game on, call your allies!)


Quote:
Peony, the clan leader, sat at her desk.
Managing the clan sure took some effort these days. First there had been issues with the flood stores, and then the incident with Poppy... She sighed, remembering.
Poppy, the clan's armoursmith, had scavenged some bones while on a journey, and crafted a lovely set of greaves from them. Only, the bones had belonged to a deceased dragon from another clan, and they had been understandably upset. She hoped they would accept her apologies.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Mimic, the annoying little Nocturne who insisted on following her about, as she zoomed in. "They're heeeeere!" She crowed happily.

"Who's here? Peony asked.

"All the clan's allies! And that clan you wanted to fight."

"WHAT?"

Mimic wiggled her claws behind her head as if imitating Peony's feathered crests. "You said "I'll fight them!", remember?"

"I said INVITE THEM! For tea! Not I'll fight them! IN-VITE-THEM!" Peony raced out of her study with a cry of "Oh, EARTHSHAKER!", the pounding of many feet becoming louder by the second...

(The Cottontail clan is ready to battle!
Between 56 permanent members, there are 150 levels.
Calling in the clan's allies, if you would like to take part, post a little something before the day is out, bearing in mind that the bet is 50k.
@naga @TygerTyger @kizmetto

And @Brianna100: Game on, call your allies!)


14c75055bcb9cc67c8a94a46926ff636.gif57b6a078ae70f8cb63a2da784d24b17c.png
Quote:
A sickly-looking coatl pokes his head through the door.

"Hello, yes, yes. The Thistle Clan we're here. Nice place here, very nice. Very big."

He slides farther into the room. In his hands are a set of bone greaves. He fiddles with them absentmindedly while a small nocturne flits around him trying to retrieve her wares. The coatl effortlessly bats her away with his tail.

"Lovely clan here." he continues, "Did you know you have a room full of bones? There's so many bones. I like bones. I like--"

"ALBATRAOZ!" Another coatl shoves his way into the office, grabbing his clanmate by the scruff of his neck. In the moment of confusion the frazzled nocturne grabs at her stolen greaves, successfully retrieving them, and darts out the door.

The intruding coatl takes a moment to right himself and adjust the glasses perched precariously on his nose before approaching Peony.

"My apologies that you had to meet Albatraoz. Please ignore him, he's a bit off if you get my drift. But let me properly introduce myself: I'm Nova, head of information. Mercury should be here soon with the rest of the army. There may be few of us but we are strong."

Thistle clan reporting in with 19 dragons and a strength of 166.
Quote:
A sickly-looking coatl pokes his head through the door.

"Hello, yes, yes. The Thistle Clan we're here. Nice place here, very nice. Very big."

He slides farther into the room. In his hands are a set of bone greaves. He fiddles with them absentmindedly while a small nocturne flits around him trying to retrieve her wares. The coatl effortlessly bats her away with his tail.

"Lovely clan here." he continues, "Did you know you have a room full of bones? There's so many bones. I like bones. I like--"

"ALBATRAOZ!" Another coatl shoves his way into the office, grabbing his clanmate by the scruff of his neck. In the moment of confusion the frazzled nocturne grabs at her stolen greaves, successfully retrieving them, and darts out the door.

The intruding coatl takes a moment to right himself and adjust the glasses perched precariously on his nose before approaching Peony.

"My apologies that you had to meet Albatraoz. Please ignore him, he's a bit off if you get my drift. But let me properly introduce myself: I'm Nova, head of information. Mercury should be here soon with the rest of the army. There may be few of us but we are strong."

Thistle clan reporting in with 19 dragons and a strength of 166.
NLdJQtw.png
@DarkClaw it's time for battle!
Quote:
Taiyo's claws scratched the bottom of the cave floor, wriggling with excitement as his father stood in front of the gathered Warriors to speak to them. Some of them seemed as excited as Taiyo; others were noticeably apprehensive.

"My fellow warriors," Rollan began, his voice loud and strong. "The Clan Cottontail has disgraced us for the last time, and has invited us to battle. We have decided to take them up on their offer. Today, we move out and begin our battle." A few cheers went up as he straightened himself. "If any of you want to back out, this is the last call."

Taiyo glared around the room, as if daring any dragon to say they didn't want to fight for their Clan. No one said anything.

A grin spread across Rollan's face. "Good. Move out, soldiers."

Of 53 permanent dragons, there are 179 levels.
@DarkClaw it's time for battle!
Quote:
Taiyo's claws scratched the bottom of the cave floor, wriggling with excitement as his father stood in front of the gathered Warriors to speak to them. Some of them seemed as excited as Taiyo; others were noticeably apprehensive.

"My fellow warriors," Rollan began, his voice loud and strong. "The Clan Cottontail has disgraced us for the last time, and has invited us to battle. We have decided to take them up on their offer. Today, we move out and begin our battle." A few cheers went up as he straightened himself. "If any of you want to back out, this is the last call."

Taiyo glared around the room, as if daring any dragon to say they didn't want to fight for their Clan. No one said anything.

A grin spread across Rollan's face. "Good. Move out, soldiers."

Of 53 permanent dragons, there are 179 levels.
Kingdom Come: Clan Lore Story | Hope: Diary of a Slave |Tales from the Star Wood: Writing Shop | Hatchery | Leveling Service
Sorry for delay! Its hard to get to a computer these days
Quote:
Noir stared at the letter in his claws, reading over it twice. Cottontail was going to war? They had to help! The small guardian remembered how quaint the clan was when he visited, how exquisite and their members.. There must be more than meets the eye to be going to war. Formidable.

He agreed on an allyship and support them he would!
"Bucky! I need you to write a letter to the Crescent Hollow and The Mound!" He called to his mirror partner, who waddled up to his side and peeked at the letter. "We'se off to war? Ya sure?"

Noir met Bucky's eyes, "They're out allies, they are practically family. We can't let them go in alone. If you dont want to join, I understand...I wouldn't want anything to happen to you or my boys. He leant down and nuzzled the mirror, who returned it. "Aw'right i'll go write those letters."

Of 55 dragons, there is a total strength 210.
Sorry for delay! Its hard to get to a computer these days
Quote:
Noir stared at the letter in his claws, reading over it twice. Cottontail was going to war? They had to help! The small guardian remembered how quaint the clan was when he visited, how exquisite and their members.. There must be more than meets the eye to be going to war. Formidable.

He agreed on an allyship and support them he would!
"Bucky! I need you to write a letter to the Crescent Hollow and The Mound!" He called to his mirror partner, who waddled up to his side and peeked at the letter. "We'se off to war? Ya sure?"

Noir met Bucky's eyes, "They're out allies, they are practically family. We can't let them go in alone. If you dont want to join, I understand...I wouldn't want anything to happen to you or my boys. He leant down and nuzzled the mirror, who returned it. "Aw'right i'll go write those letters."

Of 55 dragons, there is a total strength 210.
1 2