Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Interflight Mafia Hub
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 118 119
@Moonwater The ones I have seen for the most part tend to be in forum games, but I honestly think that it's up to you. =)
@Moonwater The ones I have seen for the most part tend to be in forum games, but I honestly think that it's up to you. =)
@passingavery
Can you add me to both rp and non-rp style list?
@passingavery
Can you add me to both rp and non-rp style list?
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.pngWQA384m.pngdEo6ta2.png
@Kahvinporo Added!
@Kahvinporo Added!
Yoooo.

So I get the impression that lots of people have lots of opinions about good and bad mafia game design. This hub can be a general place to talk about things like the benefits of RP vs non-RP games, and mafia-town ratios, and reasonable power roles and mechanics. Anything mafia related that you want to discuss, basically, in addition to adding yourself to the spreadsheet.

@Stanari @polygone @ChaoticReactions @passingavery
Yoooo.

So I get the impression that lots of people have lots of opinions about good and bad mafia game design. This hub can be a general place to talk about things like the benefits of RP vs non-RP games, and mafia-town ratios, and reasonable power roles and mechanics. Anything mafia related that you want to discuss, basically, in addition to adding yourself to the spreadsheet.

@Stanari @polygone @ChaoticReactions @passingavery
Ask me about cool things! I know lots about robots and other fun junk. :D
On the other hand, this means I'm stupidly busy, so ping me repeatedly if I'm not responding.
@passingavery

Mine is up and taking sign-ups, but not sure how much longer that will be for. Seems people like the thought of killing one another in a theater. XD
@passingavery

Mine is up and taking sign-ups, but not sure how much longer that will be for. Seems people like the thought of killing one another in a theater. XD
g9YXQbU.gifwpEE9mo.pngg9YXQbU.gif
@passingavery

Could you put me on the all mafia styles pinglist? :D
@passingavery

Could you put me on the all mafia styles pinglist? :D
DYc14Nm.png ....
STARPHASE
fr+03 - crow - she/he/they

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
... you're one scary guy.
so this is your true nature.
@RugaQwarrcall Alright!

@ophician Added. =)

@MathGirl277 Yeah. We could get a weekly topic going to generate more activity here. =) For mafia-town ratios, I'm a big fan of the 1:5 or 1:6 ratio, especially when there's a degree of role madness. I think I read somewhere that traditional mafia uses a different ratio, as the majority of roles are vanilla. Though at the end of the day, sometimes a game has to be tailored to the player base. One of the noticeable patterns in the community here thus far for non-RP mafia is that the players are generally amicable and more prone to making alliances than straight up attacking, so perhaps one thing GMs have to take into account here is the likelihood of that when trying to envision scenarios of conflict in a game. i.e. Is there a way to create more conflict? What systems/measures might encourage this, etcetera? <-- These are definitely things I'll be taking into account as I design my next game.
@RugaQwarrcall Alright!

@ophician Added. =)

@MathGirl277 Yeah. We could get a weekly topic going to generate more activity here. =) For mafia-town ratios, I'm a big fan of the 1:5 or 1:6 ratio, especially when there's a degree of role madness. I think I read somewhere that traditional mafia uses a different ratio, as the majority of roles are vanilla. Though at the end of the day, sometimes a game has to be tailored to the player base. One of the noticeable patterns in the community here thus far for non-RP mafia is that the players are generally amicable and more prone to making alliances than straight up attacking, so perhaps one thing GMs have to take into account here is the likelihood of that when trying to envision scenarios of conflict in a game. i.e. Is there a way to create more conflict? What systems/measures might encourage this, etcetera? <-- These are definitely things I'll be taking into account as I design my next game.
@passingavery - I added the tagline you wanted to the ping list. If you have an image you just insert it the same way. Working on getting the extra @ symbols out now.
@passingavery - I added the tagline you wanted to the ping list. If you have an image you just insert it the same way. Working on getting the extra @ symbols out now.
6gGXEKZ.gif
@PassingAvery Thinking about it, I think a good one of keeping conflict, like you mentioned in the chat, is to make sure wincons are opposing. I can't talk too much about ours now and why it failed, but you know, so maybe lone wolf characters ect ect, and everyone having their own agenda would be a great way to keep FR players from becoming quite so buddy buddy. When everyone has a personal goal, even if they're townie and have the same overall Wincon, it creates some 'everybody needs to look out for number one' which would be an interesting way to have a very conflict-heavy game.

It's not exactly conducive to the 'Town work together, Maf work together, both sides try to win', but if that's not exactly your goal... Even Mafia have their own goals amongst themselves, so THAT would be interesting.
@PassingAvery Thinking about it, I think a good one of keeping conflict, like you mentioned in the chat, is to make sure wincons are opposing. I can't talk too much about ours now and why it failed, but you know, so maybe lone wolf characters ect ect, and everyone having their own agenda would be a great way to keep FR players from becoming quite so buddy buddy. When everyone has a personal goal, even if they're townie and have the same overall Wincon, it creates some 'everybody needs to look out for number one' which would be an interesting way to have a very conflict-heavy game.

It's not exactly conducive to the 'Town work together, Maf work together, both sides try to win', but if that's not exactly your goal... Even Mafia have their own goals amongst themselves, so THAT would be interesting.
TuEVAjZ.png
@Chaoticreactions Most mafia games I'm used to tend to have individual goals in addition to factional ones. I think the big issue there tends to be: to what point does X count as the completion of one's goal? i.e. if you're meant to kill someone, does it count if someone else kills them before you do?

If we're talking lone wolf characters, I think that serial killers and/or jesters would be a pretty effective addition right now, as opposed to say, a general neutral character. Though I suppose experimentation could sort this out, since sometimes luck has it that the right people are cast into the right roles. *cough* BossToaster x Adorable One = OTP *cough*

@Chaoticreactions Most mafia games I'm used to tend to have individual goals in addition to factional ones. I think the big issue there tends to be: to what point does X count as the completion of one's goal? i.e. if you're meant to kill someone, does it count if someone else kills them before you do?

If we're talking lone wolf characters, I think that serial killers and/or jesters would be a pretty effective addition right now, as opposed to say, a general neutral character. Though I suppose experimentation could sort this out, since sometimes luck has it that the right people are cast into the right roles. *cough* BossToaster x Adorable One = OTP *cough*

1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 118 119