Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | ✎MJ Poetry Contest: Closed & Winners!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16
[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/1317/131600_350.png[/img] @paintminion @eclipsa (edit: i forgot to ping sorry) [i]Naga plays with her harp before running on stage. 'Ahem,' she mutters:[/i] "The title is: The Windy Fest" Mr. Dudemeister gathers here, For all of us to spread the cheer, AT the howling, windy hour, Spring is here, go smell your flowers! Bamboo they stand on our grasses, WE listen to music as the wind passes, Green is our color of all of our things, Just like wind shaped all of dragons wings. The clan they gather all around, Laughing, playing, safe and sound, They wish to ask of you, Will you come and join us too? We welcome you to the windy fest, Hope to put you to the test, We'll go and spread some windy cheer, And hope to see all of you next year! [i]She curtsies then flies off the stage her harp by her side.[/i
131600_350.png
@paintminion @eclipsa (edit: i forgot to ping sorry)
Naga plays with her harp before running on stage. 'Ahem,' she mutters:

"The title is: The Windy Fest"

Mr. Dudemeister gathers here,
For all of us to spread the cheer,
AT the howling, windy hour,
Spring is here, go smell your flowers!

Bamboo they stand on our grasses,
WE listen to music as the wind passes,
Green is our color of all of our things,
Just like wind shaped all of dragons wings.

The clan they gather all around,
Laughing, playing, safe and sound,
They wish to ask of you,
Will you come and join us too?

We welcome you to the windy fest,
Hope to put you to the test,
We'll go and spread some windy cheer,
And hope to see all of you next year!

She curtsies then flies off the stage her harp by her side.[/i
[img][/img]HzGpUHb.png
@paintminion @eclipsia @Scrivello @Layz [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2762010] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/27621/2762010_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Swirling herself onto the stage after the last performer, gazing nervously over the crowd and the judges. She holds a worried over piece of parchment and remains silent a for an almost awkward amount of time before opening her mouth to speak. "My name is Meritt, and I have a poem called, ' [u]Wind Worthy Dragon.[/u]' " She states, before beginning. [/i] [center]Allow a breath and dive right in, a story to share, a story of kin. What makes a wind dragon? I have asked myself this, on many a night away from the Song of home, and many say that it is the one, who lets the gale guide their lives. But I tell you this, I tell you I tell you, the breeze is my friend, A home away from home to remind me of who I am. I am a Dragon of Wind. In a land of zephyr and weather, lies the artists. The creators and the dreamers, the adventurers and the nurturers. So I asked myself again, what makes a wind dragon? And I tell myself it is one who take the reigns of the tempest, and lets themselves be whisked away on adventures, letting your head get lost in the clouds and spreading your wings, let your heart take you to places of wonder. But I tell you this, I tell you I tell you, the breeze is my friend, a home away from home to remind me of who I am. I am a Dragon of Wind. So I asked the wind, what makes a wind dragon? And it didn’t reply. It didn’t have to. The breath and the melodies of the whirlwinds may take us far away, and while each spreads their own wings and let their heads get lost in the clouds, the breeze is our friend, and will always lead us home. But I tell you this, I tell you I tell you, the breeze is our friend, a home away from home to remind us of who we are. We are the Dragons of Wind. [/center]
@paintminion @eclipsia @Scrivello @Layz

2762010_350.png

Swirling herself onto the stage after the last performer, gazing nervously over the crowd and the judges. She holds a worried over piece of parchment and remains silent a for an almost awkward amount of time before opening her mouth to speak.

"My name is Meritt, and I have a poem called, ' Wind Worthy Dragon.' " She states, before beginning.

Allow a breath and dive right in,
a story to share,
a story of kin.

What makes a wind dragon?
I have asked myself this,
on many a night away from the Song of home,
and many say that it is the one,
who lets the gale guide their lives.

But I tell you this,
I tell you I tell you, the breeze is my friend,
A home away from home to remind me
of who I am.
I am a Dragon of Wind.

In a land of zephyr and weather, lies the artists.
The creators and the dreamers,
the adventurers and the nurturers.

So I asked myself again,
what makes a wind dragon?

And I tell myself it is one who take the reigns of the tempest,
and lets themselves be whisked away on adventures,
letting your head get lost in the clouds and spreading your wings,
let your heart take you to places of wonder.

But I tell you this,
I tell you I tell you, the breeze is my friend,
a home away from home to remind me
of who I am.
I am a Dragon of Wind.

So I asked the wind,
what makes a wind dragon?

And it didn’t reply.
It didn’t have to.

The breath and the melodies of the whirlwinds
may take us far away,
and while each spreads their own wings and
let their heads get lost in the clouds,
the breeze is our friend,
and will always lead us home.

But I tell you this,
I tell you I tell you, the breeze is our friend,
a home away from home to remind us
of who we are.
We are the Dragons of Wind.
I am Willard record keeper for our clan. In honor of our leaders and all of Windsingers' beloved Tribe. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1539516] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/15396/1539516_350.png[/img] It is in our nature to fly To hear the whispers on the wind We tell tales and hear them Others and our own We will fly until we are content It is in our nature to fight To the honor and treasure of our tribe We are friends to all until we are not We will fight until we cannot It is in our nature to revere To honor our lord and our clan To keep the memories of the past For the future of us all We will keep the past and present For the sake of the future
I am Willard record keeper for our clan. In honor of our leaders and all of Windsingers' beloved Tribe.

1539516_350.png

It is in our nature to fly
To hear the whispers on the wind
We tell tales and hear them
Others and our own

We will fly until we are content

It is in our nature to fight
To the honor and treasure of our tribe
We are friends to all
until we are not

We will fight until we cannot

It is in our nature to revere
To honor our lord and our clan
To keep the memories of the past
For the future of us all

We will keep the past and present

For the sake of the future
TzfAhH6.png
@Micesune _Your poem is so beautiful! Wow!
@Micesune _Your poem is so beautiful! Wow!
tihutbH.png
lAvpyOQ.png

ZwbGqUa.png

rPaLIxa.png

J7D1quC.png

FObX7rS.png

YMPbu9R.png
53e090906bf1abf526e496f785950d62fc9cfa93.png
@StarriannaFlare Thank you so much! I was actually really nervous about posting it ^^l
@StarriannaFlare Thank you so much! I was actually really nervous about posting it ^^l
[Host: @Eclipsa ] [Judges: @Paintminion @Layz & @Scrivello ] (I LOVE poem contests!! They're so much fun!! :D Thanks for putting this up. ^,=.^) [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/25133/2513259_350.png[/img] Flare leaps onto the stage and twirls to face the crowd! Her short burst of courage died instantly... She answered the stares of the crowd with a blank expression of her own, then, remembering her confidence(and her poem), she began by clearing her throat. She stated the title with her usual flair, giving the judges a bow, and began her lines(which she had so cleverly memorized)... [center][b]To Windy Things[/b] Time flies, and crows fly, Birds beat their wings, Gryphons soar, and dragons roar, But we all share one thing; Whether weather be a cool breeze, Or a gust that hinders wings, Whether it be driving kites, Or lifting fallen leaves, It blows, and howls, And whirls, and sings. Oh, the sky would be so boring, If we didn't have the Winds! [/center] She bowed as she finished, and waited until she heard applause before leaping back off the stage...
[Host: @Eclipsa ]
[Judges: @Paintminion @Layz & @Scrivello ]
(I LOVE poem contests!! They're so much fun!! :D Thanks for putting this up. ^,=.^)
2513259_350.png
Flare leaps onto the stage and twirls to face the crowd! Her short burst of courage died instantly...
She answered the stares of the crowd with a blank expression of her own, then, remembering her confidence(and her poem), she began by clearing her throat.
She stated the title with her usual flair, giving the judges a bow, and began her lines(which she had so cleverly memorized)...
To Windy Things
Time flies, and crows fly,
Birds beat their wings,
Gryphons soar, and dragons roar,
But we all share one thing;

Whether weather be a cool breeze,
Or a gust that hinders wings,
Whether it be driving kites,
Or lifting fallen leaves,

It blows, and howls,
And whirls, and sings.
Oh, the sky would be so boring,
If we didn't have the Winds!

She bowed as she finished, and waited until she heard applause before leaping back off the stage...
tihutbH.png
lAvpyOQ.png

ZwbGqUa.png

rPaLIxa.png

J7D1quC.png

FObX7rS.png

YMPbu9R.png
@Micesune _Don't worry, I think everyone was. :P Its hard putting something out there that you worked so hard on for people to judge. But, you gotta jump off a cliff before you can fly(haha, dragon funny there)! I'd say you definitely flew! ^_^ Everyone's poems have been so great so far, that I almost didn't enter. XD But not trying would have been worse than failure, right? ^-^
(Whoops, typed a whole paragraph. Sorry. XD)
@Micesune _Don't worry, I think everyone was. :P Its hard putting something out there that you worked so hard on for people to judge. But, you gotta jump off a cliff before you can fly(haha, dragon funny there)! I'd say you definitely flew! ^_^ Everyone's poems have been so great so far, that I almost didn't enter. XD But not trying would have been worse than failure, right? ^-^
(Whoops, typed a whole paragraph. Sorry. XD)
tihutbH.png
lAvpyOQ.png

ZwbGqUa.png

rPaLIxa.png

J7D1quC.png

FObX7rS.png

YMPbu9R.png
Intermission Time! (As the audience mills about and grabs some snackage from the vendors, all excited and smiling and having a GREAT time, Paintminion hops up on stage in a giddy wobble) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16176] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/162/16176_350.png[/img] [/url] ehem, (clears throat nervously) The poems so far have been awesome! The poets we’ve seen just blossom! No need for fear Let’s all be clear Poems are fun and then some! Let's show everyone our appreciation for their hard work! (The skydancer flaps her wings a bit as she leans back and claps enthusiastically along with everyone in the audience. A few folks forget they have hands full of popcorn and some popcorn goes flying about like confetti.) Ooooo, POPCORN! (Paintminion hops back off the stage to grab a bag of popcorn form the popcorn seller. She then shares it with folks as they mingle a bit, until Swiatla signals that they are ready to begin again.)
Intermission Time!

(As the audience mills about and grabs some snackage from the vendors, all excited and smiling and having a GREAT time, Paintminion hops up on stage in a giddy wobble)

16176_350.png

ehem, (clears throat nervously)
The poems so far have been awesome!
The poets we’ve seen just blossom!
No need for fear
Let’s all be clear
Poems are fun and then some!

Let's show everyone our appreciation for their hard work!

(The skydancer flaps her wings a bit as she leans back and claps enthusiastically along with everyone in the audience. A few folks forget they have hands full of popcorn and some popcorn goes flying about like confetti.)

Ooooo, POPCORN!

(Paintminion hops back off the stage to grab a bag of popcorn form the popcorn seller. She then shares it with folks as they mingle a bit, until Swiatla signals that they are ready to begin again.)
An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
@Raitoyami ~ do you have a title for your poem?
@purplpeanut
@Micesune
@Melodious ~ title?
@StarriannaFlare
I take a breather and some wonderful poets stop by!

Lorelei calls out from her place in the crowd:

See, I knew my poem would help!!

Yes, yes, thank you so much, sis. @Paintminion I think we can get back to the contest if you've had your fill of popcorn!
@Raitoyami ~ do you have a title for your poem?
@purplpeanut
@Micesune
@Melodious ~ title?
@StarriannaFlare
I take a breather and some wonderful poets stop by!

Lorelei calls out from her place in the crowd:

See, I knew my poem would help!!

Yes, yes, thank you so much, sis. @Paintminion I think we can get back to the contest if you've had your fill of popcorn!
TO5f5vS.pngp5Y4Rj3.png
3adgzZD.pngmlHpBMC.png

o6n8ZXM.png3I473vH.png
GgsD4JX.png o9yS1eq.png
n2h1rdv.png
7UXlQKU.gif
@eclipsa

*nom nom nom*

I'm ready for more!
@eclipsa

*nom nom nom*

I'm ready for more!
An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16