Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | ✎MJ Poetry Contest: Closed & Winners!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
Adding you now @LizRosethorn
Most of the thread will be up tomorrow and the rest on Saturday. We'll start accepting poems for entry on Sunday. (:
Adding you now @LizRosethorn
Most of the thread will be up tomorrow and the rest on Saturday. We'll start accepting poems for entry on Sunday. (:
TO5f5vS.pngp5Y4Rj3.png
3adgzZD.pngmlHpBMC.png

o6n8ZXM.png3I473vH.png
GgsD4JX.png o9yS1eq.png
n2h1rdv.png
7UXlQKU.gif
@Eclipsa lookin good, lookin good! (some of the images are missing, not sure if you caught that or not!)

so excited to be judging!!!
@Eclipsa lookin good, lookin good! (some of the images are missing, not sure if you caught that or not!)

so excited to be judging!!!
qPUMNWy.png
@Eclipsa Please add me to the ping list for the opening!
@Eclipsa Please add me to the ping list for the opening!
apagfTT.png
tumblr_njfpzkC48X1tlw9cco2_500.png

8MsS7cV.pngoNdzJAj.png
suzukiayako_banner_by_eyenoom-d6kg3c4.png
ANd we are OPEN! Public Thank you to @Eclipsa for a fantastic job on the thread and being such a great host! We judges are looking forward to some fun!
ANd we are OPEN! Public Thank you to @Eclipsa for a fantastic job on the thread and being such a great host! We judges are looking forward to some fun!
An open book that reads Stories & Poetry MJ 24uZeuhOu.pngBk78Myp.pngLaSYQ19.gif8d7o509.png
Aaannddd we're off!

Edit: @Paintminion
(Oh I actually wrote something but it disappeared, oh well.. haha)
Aaannddd we're off!

Edit: @Paintminion
(Oh I actually wrote something but it disappeared, oh well.. haha)
TO5f5vS.pngp5Y4Rj3.png
3adgzZD.pngmlHpBMC.png

o6n8ZXM.png3I473vH.png
GgsD4JX.png o9yS1eq.png
n2h1rdv.png
7UXlQKU.gif
In a graceful flurry of ebony feathers, a dragoness alights near the gathering of dragons. Her golden jewelry shimmers in the equally golden sunlight. The gentle breeze teases her feathers. She smiles, her white teeth gleaming with joy. The dragoness clears her throat, and takes on a dramatic pose.

"Come with rain, O loud Southwester!
Bring the singer, bring the nester;
Give the buried flower a dream;
Make the settled snow-bank steam;
Find the brown beneath the white;
But whate'er you do to-night,
Bathe my window, make it flow,
Melt it as the ice will go;
Melt the glass and leave the sticks
Like a hermit's crucifix;
Burst into my narrow stall;
Swing the picture on the wall;
Run the rattling pages o'er;
Scatter poems on the floor;
Turn the poet out of door."

She looks upon the crowd with amusement.

"I cannot wait to hear those poetic words within you. Let the Wind inspire you, and good luck!" The black dragoness winks, then turns and begins towards the judges table.

Welcome all, welcome all, to our grand Poetry Contest! I'm very excited to be a judge!
And a merry Jamboree to all~
In a graceful flurry of ebony feathers, a dragoness alights near the gathering of dragons. Her golden jewelry shimmers in the equally golden sunlight. The gentle breeze teases her feathers. She smiles, her white teeth gleaming with joy. The dragoness clears her throat, and takes on a dramatic pose.

"Come with rain, O loud Southwester!
Bring the singer, bring the nester;
Give the buried flower a dream;
Make the settled snow-bank steam;
Find the brown beneath the white;
But whate'er you do to-night,
Bathe my window, make it flow,
Melt it as the ice will go;
Melt the glass and leave the sticks
Like a hermit's crucifix;
Burst into my narrow stall;
Swing the picture on the wall;
Run the rattling pages o'er;
Scatter poems on the floor;
Turn the poet out of door."

She looks upon the crowd with amusement.

"I cannot wait to hear those poetic words within you. Let the Wind inspire you, and good luck!" The black dragoness winks, then turns and begins towards the judges table.

Welcome all, welcome all, to our grand Poetry Contest! I'm very excited to be a judge!
And a merry Jamboree to all~
@Paintminion @Layz @Scrivello
I suppose I'll enter my two haikus! =D

Hellos
Whimsical tickles;
Windsinger greets his children
with warming breezes~

From the Windsinger's Maw
Gusts of icy air
blown to the other old gods
is comedy gold!
@Paintminion @Layz @Scrivello
I suppose I'll enter my two haikus! =D

Hellos
Whimsical tickles;
Windsinger greets his children
with warming breezes~

From the Windsinger's Maw
Gusts of icy air
blown to the other old gods
is comedy gold!
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Dokibird, Fuwamoco, magical girls, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation.. more here!
Previous usernames: MystaRias, dokidokibunni, Sylphiette, Toothless
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
TBVYKs7.jpeg
@Layz @Scrivello @paintminion Woo! Let's be the first poet to adore this stage, shall we? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2393296] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/23933/2393296_350.png[/img] [/url] A young Imperial walks awkwardly on stage, ducking his head when a particularly loud whistle was sounded out from the waiting crowd. After shuffling around, Galapagos (for that is this poet's name) sat down on his haunches, cleared his throat and began: [b][u]A Collection of Woems[/b][/u] (Windie Poems) [i]"A wind blew me here, From an ominous dark place, Courage took me here, To this grand place where I stand, Growling these words unto you, Here's hoping they please you too, [img]http://i.imgur.com/tpuaQqG.png[/img] (A great many words spiraling daintily across the foreboding landscape, sending leaves dancing.) W indsinger is so joyful, I rrigating hatchlings to each faireground stall, N ot interested in looking after himself, D addy is the best! cry little hatchlings, S iphoning the winds into a concerto, I gnoring the pleas to eat, N ever minding the howling winds, G ingerly coaxing the Sprites out of their slumber, E agerly stitching a grandiose kite together, R ummaging for the glitter Lightweaver requested, O' what a joyous gay day we are having! Much better than that long ago, When woeful screeches of Shade bestow, A nightmare so terrible, it doth glow, But now a new age is dawning, Hatchlings e'ery where are fawning, Waking up to a New Age morning, Windsinger is a great guy, He used to eat a lot of pie, But then he grew round, His figure had taken a pound, So now he eats everything fried! And now to finish, Happy Mistral Jamboree! To all you Windies.[/i]" Galapagos gulped before trotting quickly offstage, blushing furiously. ((Well.... this WAS the first... I did this at [img]http://i.imgur.com/nklOL6H.png[/img] FR time xD But I took a while to write it all xD Who knew there was a ton of different poem types? O.o))
@Layz @Scrivello @paintminion Woo! Let's be the first poet to adore this stage, shall we?

2393296_350.png

A young Imperial walks awkwardly on stage, ducking his head when a particularly loud whistle was sounded out from the waiting crowd.
After shuffling around, Galapagos (for that is this poet's name) sat down on his haunches, cleared his throat and began:

A Collection of Woems (Windie Poems)

"A wind blew me here,
From an ominous dark place,
Courage took me here,

To this grand place where I stand,
Growling these words unto you,
Here's hoping they please you too,

tpuaQqG.png
(A great many words spiraling daintily across the foreboding landscape, sending leaves dancing.)

W indsinger is so joyful,
I rrigating hatchlings to each faireground stall,
N ot interested in looking after himself,
D addy is the best! cry little hatchlings,
S iphoning the winds into a concerto,
I gnoring the pleas to eat,
N ever minding the howling winds,
G ingerly coaxing the Sprites out of their slumber,
E agerly stitching a grandiose kite together,
R ummaging for the glitter Lightweaver requested,

O' what a joyous gay day we are having!
Much better than that long ago,
When woeful screeches of Shade bestow,
A nightmare so terrible, it doth glow,
But now a new age is dawning,
Hatchlings e'ery where are fawning,
Waking up to a New Age morning,

Windsinger is a great guy,
He used to eat a lot of pie,
But then he grew round,
His figure had taken a pound,
So now he eats everything fried!

And now to finish,
Happy Mistral Jamboree!
To all you Windies.
"

Galapagos gulped before trotting quickly offstage, blushing furiously.

((Well.... this WAS the first... I did this at nklOL6H.png FR time xD But I took a while to write it all xD Who knew there was a ton of different poem types? O.o))
Seeking Old Dragons! Forever collecting October 1st 2013 dragons. Previously BeingOfNature
anim_86a53b49-f48f-6cb4-b922-5902a73d3a36.gif
Old Art Thread
3DS FC: 0259-0316-2794 Pokemon Y
@BeingOfNature
Hmm .. we didn't take that into account. We had a special little present for our first poet, but I see we have two first poets. I think our host may have a gift for you as well.

Do you have a title for your poem? (You can edit your post to include it - makes it easier for me to link it).
@BeingOfNature
Hmm .. we didn't take that into account. We had a special little present for our first poet, but I see we have two first poets. I think our host may have a gift for you as well.

Do you have a title for your poem? (You can edit your post to include it - makes it easier for me to link it).
TO5f5vS.pngp5Y4Rj3.png
3adgzZD.pngmlHpBMC.png

o6n8ZXM.png3I473vH.png
GgsD4JX.png o9yS1eq.png
n2h1rdv.png
7UXlQKU.gif
@Eclipsa @Paintminion @Layz @Scrivello [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=98760] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/988/98760_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]A rather... awkward looking dragon wanders onto stage. The vacant look on his face is familiar - he seems lost, and confused. It's probably the lights. However, there's a ratty piece of parchment in his claws, and a dream in his wide, watery eyes. He grips the paper tightly in one hand, and the loud noise talker in the other, ready to spill his... enthusiastic poetry on all those willing to listen. [img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/79e8338a5e3e8577d509f2c76bbba2c8/tumblr_inline_n39g2ysQMk1r39oc2.png[/img] "H-Hello," he squawks into the microphone. "I Gaet. Is Gaet dream to be fae-moose scribbler. This Gaet poem, '[b]Wind[/b]'." The Wildclaw clears his throat, and gives a large, cheesy smile. It is clear he is proud of his title and his head is held high, just as he practiced in front of the river many times.[/i] "Gaet born in shadow. Dark and cruel. Battle ready and Gaet used as tool. Then move 2 wind. See lady who pretty. Try 2 make nest and have baby who itty. Wind good 2 Gaet. Make into home. But in Light now, heart in wind roam. Not smell like Plague or bad like Sea not 2 smart like Pink and not 2 many Tree. But Wind best, have Gaet best thing, have baby daughter Grune, and make Gaet Wind King." [i]A large dragon sitting in the back hides her face in her hat. It was rare for the Imperial to be embarrassed, but her father meant the world to her and such kind words promptly turned her face an unsightly rouge. Gaet flashes a smile and clicks his tongue, casually pointing at several of the female audience members before creeping offstage. Clearly, despite being one of the first entrants, he feels a winner.[/i]
@Eclipsa @Paintminion @Layz @Scrivello

98760_350.png

A rather... awkward looking dragon wanders onto stage. The vacant look on his face is familiar - he seems lost, and confused. It's probably the lights. However, there's a ratty piece of parchment in his claws, and a dream in his wide, watery eyes.

He grips the paper tightly in one hand, and the loud noise talker in the other, ready to spill his... enthusiastic poetry on all those willing to listen.

tumblr_inline_n39g2ysQMk1r39oc2.png

"H-Hello," he squawks into the microphone. "I Gaet. Is Gaet dream to be fae-moose scribbler. This Gaet poem, 'Wind'."

The Wildclaw clears his throat, and gives a large, cheesy smile. It is clear he is proud of his title and his head is held high, just as he practiced in front of the river many times.

"Gaet born in shadow.
Dark and cruel.
Battle ready and Gaet used as tool.
Then move 2 wind.
See lady who pretty.
Try 2 make nest and have baby who itty.
Wind good 2 Gaet.
Make into home.
But in Light now, heart in wind roam.
Not smell like Plague
or bad like Sea
not 2 smart like Pink and not 2 many Tree.
But Wind best,
have Gaet best thing,
have baby daughter Grune, and make Gaet Wind King."

A large dragon sitting in the back hides her face in her hat. It was rare for the Imperial to be embarrassed, but her father meant the world to her and such kind words promptly turned her face an unsightly rouge.

Gaet flashes a smile and clicks his tongue, casually pointing at several of the female audience members before creeping offstage. Clearly, despite being one of the first entrants, he feels a winner.
6uaN3MO.png kiNdaIf.png
fidelitas ad familiam. fidelitas ad Matriarch.
a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical company located in the center of the light district.