Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | G1 accent & gene advice needed c:
1 2 3
[center]It has been a while since I've searched for help at the forums, but I'm super indecisive with a new project, so I badly need some advice - either a simple vote or even some thoughts/feedback would be greatly appreciated! c: [color=steelblue][b]He's finally done, thank you so much for the feedback, everyone! :D[/b][/color] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/54514738][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/545148/54514738_350.png[/img][/url] So, here's the troublemaker Khazadum. I came up with seven different accent & gene combinations, and I'm crying, because they all look fabulous, but I can only have one. Any vote/input is greatly appreciated ;v; [s][b]Option 1:[/b] Skydancer "Capsule: unsanctified"[/s] [size=2][color=steelblue][b][Votes: 0][/b][/color][/size] [s][b]Option 2:[/b] Skydancer "Sparkle: unsanctified"[/s] [size=2][color=steelblue][b][Votes: 0][/b][/color][/size] [b]Option 3:[/b] Skydancer "Capsule: Raven's Blade" [size=2][color=steelblue][b][Votes: 8][/b][/color][/size] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=2979667&skin=26668&apparel=&xt=dressing.png[/img] [size=2]This one gives him a whole new and impressive appearance. I have a weakness for mythological creatures, and I love the idea of him being a dark and regal raven. However it might not fit his colours and genes 100%, I'm not sure.[/size] [s][b]Option 4:[/b] Wildclaw "Capsule: cry for me"[/s] [size=2][color=steelblue][b][Votes: 0][/b][/color][/size] [b]Option 5:[/b] Wildclaw "Sparkle: cry for me" [size=2][color=steelblue][b][Votes: 3][/b][/color][/size] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=3025622&skin=34360&apparel=&xt=dressing.png[/img] [size=2]This accent is perfection to my eyes: it just matches his colours in a very harmonic way. I really like the sparkles, because they match the gemstones and spread the sky blue nuances evenly across the whole body.[/size] [b]Option 6:[/b] Wildclaw "Capsule: Pour the Dust" [size=2][color=steelblue][b][Votes: 1][/b][/color][/size] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=2979665&skin=34906&apparel=&xt=dressing.png[/img] [size=2]I'm really vibing with this accent, as well! The third arm matches his colours perfectly, and is better visible in front of the belly than on the sparkle version below. The shimmering capsule also matches the mystic substance running out of his jar, and looks like a sea or river below the moonlight.[/size] [b]Option 7:[/b] Wildclaw "Sparkle: Pour the Dust" [size=2][color=steelblue][b][Votes: 3][/b][/color][/size] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=3025622&skin=34906&apparel=&xt=dressing.png[/img] [size=2]The sparkles fit the 'moon night' theme better than the capsule, because they look like mystic stars. Overall, the darker appearance might look more cohesive with the accent's night theme. As said above, the third arm doesn't stand out so well on his dark body, though.[/size] Thank you so much for any help![/center]
It has been a while since I've searched for help at the forums, but I'm super indecisive with a new project, so I badly need some advice - either a simple vote or even some thoughts/feedback would be greatly appreciated! c:

He's finally done, thank you so much for the feedback, everyone! :D

54514738_350.png

So, here's the troublemaker Khazadum. I came up with seven different accent & gene combinations, and I'm crying, because they all look fabulous, but I can only have one. Any vote/input is greatly appreciated ;v;

Option 1: Skydancer "Capsule: unsanctified" [Votes: 0]

Option 2: Skydancer "Sparkle: unsanctified" [Votes: 0]

Option 3: Skydancer "Capsule: Raven's Blade" [Votes: 8]

scry?sdid=2979667&skin=26668&apparel=&xt=dressing.png

This one gives him a whole new and impressive appearance. I have a weakness for mythological creatures, and I love the idea of him being a dark and regal raven. However it might not fit his colours and genes 100%, I'm not sure.

Option 4: Wildclaw "Capsule: cry for me" [Votes: 0]

Option 5: Wildclaw "Sparkle: cry for me" [Votes: 3]

scry?sdid=3025622&skin=34360&apparel=&xt=dressing.png

This accent is perfection to my eyes: it just matches his colours in a very harmonic way. I really like the sparkles, because they match the gemstones and spread the sky blue nuances evenly across the whole body.

Option 6: Wildclaw "Capsule: Pour the Dust" [Votes: 1]

scry?sdid=2979665&skin=34906&apparel=&xt=dressing.png

I'm really vibing with this accent, as well! The third arm matches his colours perfectly, and is better visible in front of the belly than on the sparkle version below. The shimmering capsule also matches the mystic substance running out of his jar, and looks like a sea or river below the moonlight.

Option 7: Wildclaw "Sparkle: Pour the Dust" [Votes: 3]

scry?sdid=3025622&skin=34906&apparel=&xt=dressing.png

The sparkles fit the 'moon night' theme better than the capsule, because they look like mystic stars. Overall, the darker appearance might look more cohesive with the accent's night theme. As said above, the third arm doesn't stand out so well on his dark body, though.

Thank you so much for any help!
ShDdjsG.gif ---
H I D D E N • S A N C T U M
pV7y7eJ.png
"I circle around God, around the ancient tower,
and I have circled for thousands of years ..."
option 1 for Sedna.

she looks soo good in cool tones. the koi is definitely the highlight and the darker blue points of the skin really enhance the overall look. the second option does look gorgeous but the contrast might be a little too harsh - that might just be me though, i am in a washed-out dull colours phase haha :)

option 6 for dear Khazadum.

i also wish i could duplicate a dragon just so i can flip between multiple outfits/gene plans like a shapeshifter so i dont have to decide on one plan :') i am super drawn to how crystalline and clear that capsule belly looks, very much like a lake under brilliant moonlight. the brightness of it also breaks up how dark his other genes are and i love how matchy his eyes are to the liquid magic in his bowl. is he a guardian of an oasis who only comes out at night? or a priest collecting moon charged water from a blessed lake? either way i think that water could give me magic powers...
option 1 for Sedna.

she looks soo good in cool tones. the koi is definitely the highlight and the darker blue points of the skin really enhance the overall look. the second option does look gorgeous but the contrast might be a little too harsh - that might just be me though, i am in a washed-out dull colours phase haha :)

option 6 for dear Khazadum.

i also wish i could duplicate a dragon just so i can flip between multiple outfits/gene plans like a shapeshifter so i dont have to decide on one plan :') i am super drawn to how crystalline and clear that capsule belly looks, very much like a lake under brilliant moonlight. the brightness of it also breaks up how dark his other genes are and i love how matchy his eyes are to the liquid magic in his bowl. is he a guardian of an oasis who only comes out at night? or a priest collecting moon charged water from a blessed lake? either way i think that water could give me magic powers...

1367bced80ff995638dbc18bde20b34ea6a9af94.gif
Perhaps you've seen it,
maybe in a dream.
A murky, forgotten land…
@Vergil
Thank you so much for the feedback and the inspiring words about Khazadum, I'm super grateful for your input :) Haha, we should actually post the shapeshifting dragon thing at the suggestion forum, just imagine they would change every few seconds like some of the familiars do. xD
@Vergil
Thank you so much for the feedback and the inspiring words about Khazadum, I'm super grateful for your input :) Haha, we should actually post the shapeshifting dragon thing at the suggestion forum, just imagine they would change every few seconds like some of the familiars do. xD
ShDdjsG.gif ---
pV7y7eJ.png
option 1 for Sedna. the blue is so pretty on her and the accent on option 2 sort of washes out her colors. it feels like the accent dominates the look as opposed to the dragon being the main focus.

option 3 for Khazadum. that accent looks amazing on him imho. he looks so regal. the capsule gives nice pop of light blue you could accentuate with apparel if you so choose, though personally i think he would look great without any apparel as well with that accent.
option 1 for Sedna. the blue is so pretty on her and the accent on option 2 sort of washes out her colors. it feels like the accent dominates the look as opposed to the dragon being the main focus.

option 3 for Khazadum. that accent looks amazing on him imho. he looks so regal. the capsule gives nice pop of light blue you could accentuate with apparel if you so choose, though personally i think he would look great without any apparel as well with that accent.
fr__tiny_pixel_ice_icon_by_baelfin-d8stgz4.png
they/them
Option 2 for Sedna

I'm a sucker for warm browns when paired with the rest of her colors, I know my biases. The primary downside to Option 2 for me is that it obscures some of the lovely koi effects on the wings. Still, I like the contrast of Option 2 enough to make up for that.

Option 3 for Khazadum

This accent knocks it out of the park, and this scry really lets it shine. The gold accents really pop over the primary and make a lovely effect.
Option 2 for Sedna

I'm a sucker for warm browns when paired with the rest of her colors, I know my biases. The primary downside to Option 2 for me is that it obscures some of the lovely koi effects on the wings. Still, I like the contrast of Option 2 enough to make up for that.

Option 3 for Khazadum

This accent knocks it out of the park, and this scry really lets it shine. The gold accents really pop over the primary and make a lovely effect.
Divider by dreamingcity _Pixel of Cathartes by Quintillion_ ____
Divider by dreamingcity
_
vortexbreakdown
Lightning Dom Lead
FR+2 | she/her
wishlist | lore | avatar

______Trinket bottle by Amariel
Thank you so much for the votes and insights so far, they're very much appreciated!
Thank you so much for the votes and insights so far, they're very much appreciated!
ShDdjsG.gif ---
pV7y7eJ.png
For Sedna: option 2
It definitely catches my eye more, and she looks more balanced and fleshed-out. I generally don't like female imps but she looks amazing with that second option!

For Khazadum: option 7
The moon and sparkle as stars takes the cake for me. I love the night sky look, and I think capsule is just too bright and just a tad bit the wrong shade to blend with the other colors.

Both beautiful dragons, hope my input helps!
It definitely catches my eye more, and she looks more balanced and fleshed-out. I generally don't like female imps but she looks amazing with that second option!

For Khazadum: option 7
The moon and sparkle as stars takes the cake for me. I love the night sky look, and I think capsule is just too bright and just a tad bit the wrong shade to blend with the other colors.

Both beautiful dragons, hope my input helps!
Oh wow, these are really amazing plans for your beautiful dragons. *.*

I like it a lot, chen ai looks really great on her. The skin's colors match perfectly to the outer brownish lines of her Spruce Koi, not to mention how it gives her a more interesting, eye-catching look. Especially at the head, part, I keep return to have another glance at that mysterious, elegant lady's face. :>

For Khazadum: I would pick option 3.
My reasons are that he looks absolutely fantastic and elegant as a Skydancer I would say it's even better than the Wildclaw's look. The Sparkle is nice, but the Capsule just gives him this extra, this special vibe that just makes you think - oh what a beauty! And I prefer that accent because it makes him quite cool. I really like the ideas that you've written for that look, they're very interesting. I admit it may not be the most matching choice when it comes to colors but the design still catches the attention with the lances, the swords and all. I think if you would add matching green, golden and maybe some light-blue apparels you could turn him into a really breathtaking dragon. :>

I hope that I could help you a little. ^^
Oh wow, these are really amazing plans for your beautiful dragons. *.*

I like it a lot, chen ai looks really great on her. The skin's colors match perfectly to the outer brownish lines of her Spruce Koi, not to mention how it gives her a more interesting, eye-catching look. Especially at the head, part, I keep return to have another glance at that mysterious, elegant lady's face. :>

For Khazadum: I would pick option 3.
My reasons are that he looks absolutely fantastic and elegant as a Skydancer I would say it's even better than the Wildclaw's look. The Sparkle is nice, but the Capsule just gives him this extra, this special vibe that just makes you think - oh what a beauty! And I prefer that accent because it makes him quite cool. I really like the ideas that you've written for that look, they're very interesting. I admit it may not be the most matching choice when it comes to colors but the design still catches the attention with the lances, the swords and all. I think if you would add matching green, golden and maybe some light-blue apparels you could turn him into a really breathtaking dragon. :>

I hope that I could help you a little. ^^
jbyQtHP.png
@Tivae
Thank you kindly for the input on both, it definitely helped a lot c: I can totally see the slightly wrong shade of the capsule on Khazadum, and it's good to know that someone else feels the mystic moon & stars concept on that version, too!

@Nightfallen
Thank you so much for the elaborate feedback, I truly appreciate it :D I totally agree that Sedna looks more interesting with chen ai. I'm just hesitant to give up the pretty pastel colour scheme, but chen ai definitely turns her into a being with an unique character and personality. u__u And the thoughts about Khazadum helped a lot, too! Funny as it is I really wanted him to be a Skydancer first, but I felt that the Wildclaw just has the better accents (as usual, haha). If I turn him into a Skydancer, I'll definitely go with option 3, though. The more I look at 1 and 2, the less they appeal to me compared to the other options, so I'll edit my post and rule them out tomorrow. Now that you pointed out the importance and potential of the apparel pieces for option 3, I think I'm trying to create an outfit for him this weekend to see if I can come up with a cohesive overall design :)
@Tivae
Thank you kindly for the input on both, it definitely helped a lot c: I can totally see the slightly wrong shade of the capsule on Khazadum, and it's good to know that someone else feels the mystic moon & stars concept on that version, too!

@Nightfallen
Thank you so much for the elaborate feedback, I truly appreciate it :D I totally agree that Sedna looks more interesting with chen ai. I'm just hesitant to give up the pretty pastel colour scheme, but chen ai definitely turns her into a being with an unique character and personality. u__u And the thoughts about Khazadum helped a lot, too! Funny as it is I really wanted him to be a Skydancer first, but I felt that the Wildclaw just has the better accents (as usual, haha). If I turn him into a Skydancer, I'll definitely go with option 3, though. The more I look at 1 and 2, the less they appeal to me compared to the other options, so I'll edit my post and rule them out tomorrow. Now that you pointed out the importance and potential of the apparel pieces for option 3, I think I'm trying to create an outfit for him this weekend to see if I can come up with a cohesive overall design :)
ShDdjsG.gif ---
pV7y7eJ.png
honestly in love with all of them ;w;
i prefer Option 1 for Sedna, i think the uma she already has flows with her design better; personally whenever i have koi dragons i tend to want to have that gene be the main feature, and that gets lost with the (stunning) second option

For Khazadum i prefer Option 3: Skydancer "Capsule: Raven's Blade; i absolutely resonate with him being more corvidlike and i prefer the palette he has in this, the first two options to me felt like they were missing something, but in actuality what was bugging me was the additional red flowers the uma has; i also feel like the third option is more "majestic" and divine, but that's extremely subjective. I absolutely did not take into account any of the wildclaw versions, but that's because he absolutely screams skydancer to me! the SDM pose is so much more poised and regal looking than the WCs i think, it has some sort of gravity to him that i just couldn't look away ^^
honestly in love with all of them ;w;
i prefer Option 1 for Sedna, i think the uma she already has flows with her design better; personally whenever i have koi dragons i tend to want to have that gene be the main feature, and that gets lost with the (stunning) second option

For Khazadum i prefer Option 3: Skydancer "Capsule: Raven's Blade; i absolutely resonate with him being more corvidlike and i prefer the palette he has in this, the first two options to me felt like they were missing something, but in actuality what was bugging me was the additional red flowers the uma has; i also feel like the third option is more "majestic" and divine, but that's extremely subjective. I absolutely did not take into account any of the wildclaw versions, but that's because he absolutely screams skydancer to me! the SDM pose is so much more poised and regal looking than the WCs i think, it has some sort of gravity to him that i just couldn't look away ^^
o1Ug1jU.png
» bea
» she/her
» +9 FR time
1 2 3