Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | help on making a glitch subspecies??
1 2 3
[center]So some people may already have seen my boy [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70843329][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/708434/70843329_350.png[/img][/url] And those that have might also know he'll be breeding for more of these leafless tree themed obes. Started thinking. Well somewhere theres probably tree dragons. What about this subspecies branches (haha funny pun) off of that idea and makes these some sort of disease or plague. I started a little of the idea in his bio for fun, but more could be added to the premise. It's said they're now being domesticated for breeding to make more of these sick tree obes, sort of like how deformed dogs or cats (pugs/scottish folds) are being bred for human amusement. But then it could also be said how they behave in their own settings or the wild. Totally open for ideas on how this disease originated but I know the females will be called "The Spared" or something of that sort, as its only a gamble of if the offspring will be male or female. Females with silhouette scroll however will be called something like "The Misfortunes". Whatever males (Ones born with the plague straight forward) will be called can be in the air. I know it's unlikely that someone would make one but male permababs could be called "The Preserved", as they only get the glitch as adults. Requirements for prim and tert genes are to be decided but secondary would HAVE to be Shamrock | Alloy. Btw this would be an open species, if someone gened up their dragon to match the requirements they'd be let in. This isn't just a lineage. If this took off I'd be happy to make a hatchery or just sell them on the thread with whoever could make these.[/center]
So some people may already have seen my boy

70843329_350.png

And those that have might also know he'll be breeding for more of these leafless tree themed obes. Started thinking. Well somewhere theres probably tree dragons. What about this subspecies branches (haha funny pun) off of that idea and makes these some sort of disease or plague. I started a little of the idea in his bio for fun, but more could be added to the premise. It's said they're now being domesticated for breeding to make more of these sick tree obes, sort of like how deformed dogs or cats (pugs/scottish folds) are being bred for human amusement. But then it could also be said how they behave in their own settings or the wild.

Totally open for ideas on how this disease originated but I know the females will be called "The Spared" or something of that sort, as its only a gamble of if the offspring will be male or female. Females with silhouette scroll however will be called something like "The Misfortunes". Whatever males (Ones born with the plague straight forward) will be called can be in the air. I know it's unlikely that someone would make one but male permababs could be called "The Preserved", as they only get the glitch as adults.

Requirements for prim and tert genes are to be decided but secondary would HAVE to be Shamrock | Alloy. Btw this would be an open species, if someone gened up their dragon to match the requirements they'd be let in. This isn't just a lineage.

If this took off I'd be happy to make a hatchery or just sell them on the thread with whoever could make these.
a53046431071_9a2c62a39e_o.png

a
saltypie
• fr+3
• he/him
• uma & g1 addict
Tldr:

Shamrock|glimmer is a disease to male posed obes that make their mane and wing flaps shed but for tree obes it sheds their leaves and turns them to barren branches. Breeders are now trying to domesticate those with the genetic plague for profit. I need some help making this into a fully fledged idea and subspecies.
Tldr:

Shamrock|glimmer is a disease to male posed obes that make their mane and wing flaps shed but for tree obes it sheds their leaves and turns them to barren branches. Breeders are now trying to domesticate those with the genetic plague for profit. I need some help making this into a fully fledged idea and subspecies.

a
saltypie
• fr+3
• he/him
• uma & g1 addict
That is so cool.
That is so cool.
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
SWAMP BIOME PLAGUE 4 LYFE, BABEY!!!
@TenderVulture

Haha thanks! I have a habit of trying to make clones of pretty dragons I find so I better make the best out of these abominations.
@TenderVulture

Haha thanks! I have a habit of trying to make clones of pretty dragons I find so I better make the best out of these abominations.

a
saltypie
• fr+3
• he/him
• uma & g1 addict
Maybe the males could be called The Barren since they have no leaves?
Maybe the males could be called The Barren since they have no leaves?
  • Tender/Vulture
  • FR+3
  • She/They
  • Actual Turkey Vulture
XxqDwGq.png
SWAMP BIOME PLAGUE 4 LYFE, BABEY!!!
@TenderVulture

Was thinking on Barren Branches because everything else seemed really boring and it had a nice ring, so actually that'd work more than perfect!
@TenderVulture

Was thinking on Barren Branches because everything else seemed really boring and it had a nice ring, so actually that'd work more than perfect!

a
saltypie
• fr+3
• he/him
• uma & g1 addict
Oh my goodness that's genius
As a mostly nature dragon lair it'd be prety cool (and sad) to have diseased tree babies running around

As for ideas on how it started.. How about a curse from the icewarden instead of the plaguebringer? While this is a "disease", the shedding of their leafy green manes could be associated with winter, and how trees will shed their leaves until spring. Or perhaps this is a curse from the gladeskeeper herself for unruly or unfaithful obelisks that locks them into an eternal winter? I have no idea, but I really like this concept
Oh my goodness that's genius
As a mostly nature dragon lair it'd be prety cool (and sad) to have diseased tree babies running around

As for ideas on how it started.. How about a curse from the icewarden instead of the plaguebringer? While this is a "disease", the shedding of their leafy green manes could be associated with winter, and how trees will shed their leaves until spring. Or perhaps this is a curse from the gladeskeeper herself for unruly or unfaithful obelisks that locks them into an eternal winter? I have no idea, but I really like this concept
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif nnnnnnnnnnn FObX7rS.png
fkWjutW.png

5hF3FGk.png
uPOLOvt.png
mlHpBMC.png
nnnnnnnnnnn tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif
@LeafyGaming77

Actually you're going somewhere- Perhaps Gladeskeeper once had locked the tree obes in a blissful never ending summer stage until some sort of scuffle with Icewarden that led to a specific small curse/disease to male Shamrock|Alloy tree obes that make them stuck in a barren winter stage once adults? The reasoning the curse is so minor is for pettiness, not to make Gladeskeeper too mad that she goes berserker.
@LeafyGaming77

Actually you're going somewhere- Perhaps Gladeskeeper once had locked the tree obes in a blissful never ending summer stage until some sort of scuffle with Icewarden that led to a specific small curse/disease to male Shamrock|Alloy tree obes that make them stuck in a barren winter stage once adults? The reasoning the curse is so minor is for pettiness, not to make Gladeskeeper too mad that she goes berserker.

a
saltypie
• fr+3
• he/him
• uma & g1 addict
@saltypie

Ooh.. But the thing is: Why the obelisks? Obelisks are a rather new species, and I doubt any other god would want to scuffle with the Earthshaker. Going back to the plague theory, we could say a gang of ice-element plague dragons cursed them instead based on jealousy. Why couldn't they be strong enough to take down whatever threat was out there? WAIT A SEC THIS WOULD ACTUALLY FIT MORE WITH PURE ICE ELEMENT

Plague element ice dragons then?? Like the ice dragons were jealous of the obelisks, since they thought they could contain any threat securely and safely, and deal with it later. My brain is exploding
@saltypie

Ooh.. But the thing is: Why the obelisks? Obelisks are a rather new species, and I doubt any other god would want to scuffle with the Earthshaker. Going back to the plague theory, we could say a gang of ice-element plague dragons cursed them instead based on jealousy. Why couldn't they be strong enough to take down whatever threat was out there? WAIT A SEC THIS WOULD ACTUALLY FIT MORE WITH PURE ICE ELEMENT

Plague element ice dragons then?? Like the ice dragons were jealous of the obelisks, since they thought they could contain any threat securely and safely, and deal with it later. My brain is exploding
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif nnnnnnnnnnn FObX7rS.png
fkWjutW.png

5hF3FGk.png
uPOLOvt.png
mlHpBMC.png
nnnnnnnnnnn tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif
@LeafyGaming77

Very, very good point. Hmmm. OKAY OKAY HOW ABOUT THIS. Same thing as I said before, but Icewarden gets Plaguebringer to help with this, making the disease but Icewarden making it winter based.
Like you said, why Obes? Obes could be seen as annoying confusing messes right now, cultureless and just picking up any hobbies. Ice flight is said to be very calculating, strict, and they probably want to know everything. Icewarden is probably annoyed at these new unlableable dragons. So not only would he be getting a petty jab at Gladeskeeper but also punish these "pesky" new dragons.
@LeafyGaming77

Very, very good point. Hmmm. OKAY OKAY HOW ABOUT THIS. Same thing as I said before, but Icewarden gets Plaguebringer to help with this, making the disease but Icewarden making it winter based.
Like you said, why Obes? Obes could be seen as annoying confusing messes right now, cultureless and just picking up any hobbies. Ice flight is said to be very calculating, strict, and they probably want to know everything. Icewarden is probably annoyed at these new unlableable dragons. So not only would he be getting a petty jab at Gladeskeeper but also punish these "pesky" new dragons.

a
saltypie
• fr+3
• he/him
• uma & g1 addict
1 2 3