Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [subspecies] Desertwalkers
deserts and desert aesthetic is one of my faves so i checked to see if there was another subspecies like this one and there kind of isn't! maybe? sort of? idk. anyway i thought to invest in my own, and i'm just tossing it here so i don't forget stuff. so here's Desertwalkers! ----- [b][size=5]ABOUT[/size][/b] ----- there are deserts on every continent on earth, so it stands to reason there are deserts in every region of sornieth. it's true a jungle is the exact opposite of a desert, but the Saharah is right next to the lush land besides the Nile! so even Nature flight can be home to a desert or two. therefore, [b]this is an Every Flight subspecies[/b] ----- [b][size=5]GENES[/size][/b] ----- the genes necessary are actually fairly wide and forgiving, chosen based on 3 factors: appearance to a physical desert, appearance to something that you can find in a desert, and appearance to a creature that lives in a desert. the choices also encompass not just deserts but arid and semi-arid biomes like savannahs, steppes, and rocky outlays. therefore, this subspecies has a fair degree of variety! the necessary genes are: [columns][b]PRIMARY[/b][color=transparent]xxxxx[/color] speckle savannah bar leopard falcon giraffe jupiter boulder laced metallic (rare) python ripple vipera tapir wasp[nextcol][b]SECONDARY[/b][color=transparent]xxx[/color] bee current daub edged freckle marbled peregrine morph safari eel saturn shimmer fissure stripes striation[nextcol][b]TERTIARY[/b][color=transparent]xxx[/color] scales crackle firefly gembond ghost polkadot glimmer okapi flecks opal runes spines firefly thylacine veined[/columns] ----- [b][size=5]COLOURS[/size][/b] ----- the colour range focuses primarily on LIGHT earthy tones. in some deserts, darker tones [i]are[/i] a common occurrence, such as in cactus deserts. but because of the confusion and the possibility of having [b]too much[/b] variety, they've been excluded. the necessary colours are (in range order): SAND to LATTE [list] sand, tan, beige, stone, taupe, slate, driftwood, latte, sable, umber, soil[/list] [center][morphology=1016533] [morphology=1016541] [morphology=1017814][/center] ----- [b][size=5]VARIANTS[/size][/b] ----- as with a multitude of arid and semi-arid areas, you [i]will[/i] find uniquely changed Desertwalkers making their homes elsewhere. the following list is most common to least common: shifting sands desertwalker (aka sandwalker): yellows introduced outcropping desertwalker: gembond, crystal/facet, more browns, crackle tert cactus/shrub desertwalker: green sec, petal sec?, blossom tert with greens on gaoler oasis desertwalker: blue sec, piebald sec (no savannah) tundra desertwalker: ice colour introduced, remove some non-snowy looking genes (the animals), crackle tert [center][morphology=1017826] [morphology=1017832] [morphology=1017836][/center] ----- [b][size=5]LORE[/size][/b] ----- lore is 100% up to you, so long as it follows one rule: [i]they come from the desert![/i] ----- [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/buy/realm/dragons?d_bodygene=4%2C18%2C6%2C16%2C12%2C14%2C26%2C17%2C23%2C5%2C21%2C20&d_winggene=20%2C6%2C7%2C26%2C4%2C57%2C11%2C18%2C15%2C1%2C2%2C21&d_tertgene=15%2C6%2C22%2C4%2C20%2C10%2C9%2C17%2C14%2C8%2C11%2C38&d_body_range=50-143&d_wings_range=50-143&d_tert_range=50-143&collapse=1]link for AH specifications[/url] adjust to your liking!
deserts and desert aesthetic is one of my faves so i checked to see if there was another subspecies like this one and there kind of isn't! maybe? sort of? idk. anyway i thought to invest in my own, and i'm just tossing it here so i don't forget stuff. so here's Desertwalkers!

ABOUT
there are deserts on every continent on earth, so it stands to reason there are deserts in every region of sornieth. it's true a jungle is the exact opposite of a desert, but the Saharah is right next to the lush land besides the Nile! so even Nature flight can be home to a desert or two. therefore, this is an Every Flight subspecies

GENES
the genes necessary are actually fairly wide and forgiving, chosen based on 3 factors: appearance to a physical desert, appearance to something that you can find in a desert, and appearance to a creature that lives in a desert. the choices also encompass not just deserts but arid and semi-arid biomes like savannahs, steppes, and rocky outlays. therefore, this subspecies has a fair degree of variety! the necessary genes are:

PRIMARYxxxxx
speckle
savannah
bar
leopard
falcon
giraffe
jupiter
boulder
laced
metallic (rare)
python
ripple
vipera
tapir
wasp
SECONDARYxxx
bee
current
daub
edged
freckle
marbled
peregrine
morph
safari
eel
saturn
shimmer
fissure
stripes
striation
TERTIARYxxx
scales
crackle
firefly
gembond
ghost
polkadot
glimmer
okapi
flecks
opal
runes
spines
firefly
thylacine
veined

COLOURS
the colour range focuses primarily on LIGHT earthy tones. in some deserts, darker tones are a common occurrence, such as in cactus deserts. but because of the confusion and the possibility of having too much variety, they've been excluded. the necessary colours are (in range order):
SAND to LATTE
    sand, tan, beige, stone, taupe, slate, driftwood, latte, sable, umber, soil
desertwalker1
desertwalker2
desertwalker3

VARIANTS
as with a multitude of arid and semi-arid areas, you will find uniquely changed Desertwalkers making their homes elsewhere. the following list is most common to least common:

shifting sands desertwalker (aka sandwalker): yellows introduced
outcropping desertwalker: gembond, crystal/facet, more browns, crackle tert
cactus/shrub desertwalker: green sec, petal sec?, blossom tert with greens on gaoler
oasis desertwalker: blue sec, piebald sec (no savannah)
tundra desertwalker: ice colour introduced, remove some non-snowy looking genes (the animals), crackle tert
desertoasis1
desertoasis2
sandwalker

LORE
lore is 100% up to you, so long as it follows one rule: they come from the desert!

link for AH specifications
adjust to your liking!
hi staff could i please have clarinet apparel? i love you

6XCD9ya.png
@ktjn Hi! I recently took over the main subspecies hub and I am working on getting it updated, I found your thread in the forums and went ahead and added you in the any flight category :)
@ktjn Hi! I recently took over the main subspecies hub and I am working on getting it updated, I found your thread in the forums and went ahead and added you in the any flight category :)
rUIwOcC.png