Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Lineage] As Above, So Below
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32 33
xxxIntroduction | News & Notices| Rules & Goals| Pairs| Notable Hatchlings|
xxxxxxxxLineage| For Sale| Resources| Affiliates| Credits + Thanks | FAQ

FAQ

What is a palindrome?
A palindrome is a string of characters, letters, numbers, even sentences, that can be read the same backwards as forwards. Some examples include eye, madam, and racecar!

These dragons have palindrome ID numbers!

Taking it one step further due to the theme of mirrors, a mirrored palindrome would be a string of characters that can visually be read the same in a mirror, like the word 'bid' or the number 18081.

How much do these dragons cost?
I've started them off at 50g, and that seems to have stuck!

Palindromes will likely be auctioned or highest offer. Ive never hosted an auction before so please be patient.

When are these dragons bred?
I'm going to try and hatch nests only on holidays or special dates.
Every nest should be hatched on a special date of some kind. If for whatever reason I miss a special date, I will wait until the next one. The days I intend to hit are listed below, in no particular year.
The full calendar of expected dates for the year is shown below, however the next hatch date is listed here.

January 1st (New Years)
February 14th (Valentines)
March 20th (Spring Equinox)
April 1st (April Fools)
April 16th (Frabjous Day)
May 9th (mother's day)
June 8th (FR anniversary)
June 20th (father's day)
July 4th (4th of july)

August 13th (Friday the 13th)
September 22nd (Autumnal Equinox)
October 31st (Halloween)
November 25th (maybe thanksgiving? idk about this one)
December 21st (Winter Solstice)

Can I regene/breed change my hatchling?
You can do whatever you want with your hatchling, this isn't a subspecies.
The only requirement to be a part of this, is the dragon must be a descendant of Palindrus and Dromaeus.

Can I change their bio?
Of course! It's your dragon now, do whatever you'd like!
I may alter/update the bio resources as we go, but those will all be available in the Resources section, if you ever want them back, or prefer one to the other.

Though keep in mind Adopts are exclusive to the pair and I might not have your hatchling's backed up for storage and space issues.
Please back these up if you'd like to keep them.
Why are the parents Mirrors and not a more popular breed?
I thought they'd better fit the theme.
While mirrored palindromes exist, Palindrome IDs are technically numbers mirrored across a vertical axis to be read the same.

So mirrors play a pretty big role in the pair to start, and I thought it would be nice to tie everything together.
The main themes of mirrored and abstracted realities and inspirations of Alice in Wonderland's Through the Looking Glass, and the Emerald Tablet all reflect (haha) a similar concept.

What is the naming convention?
Scientific names relating to alchemy.
2021: The Periodic Table of Elements

The phrase I'm titling this lineage project as, "As Above, So Below", comes from The Emerald Tablet, which is a Hermetic text often sited as the foundation of Alchemy, and associated with both the production of gold, and the philosopher's stone.

Various Elements were discovered through Alchemy, though they were not known as such at the time, and aimed to turn Lead (#82 Pb) into Gold (#79 Au).

Beyond the table there are an ample number of symbols and influences that resulted from Alchemy, including Medicine, Chemistry and even Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, so there are no shortage of names to choose from.

So if your dragon comes with a word you don't recognize, look it up! You might learn something really cool!

I might add little blurbs in their descriptions relating to their names. undecided as of yet.

Naming conventions by year:
2022:
2021: Periodic Table of Elements
Why aren't the founder's names Palindromes?
Palindrus Dromaeus is meant to be a faux Scientific name! Since they are going to be an exclusive pair, I thought it would be cool to have them together make a scientific species name, the Rare Gen 1 Palindrome!

Neither one has a direct translation, it's nonsense. The prefix, Palin means again, Drom means to run.

-us and -aeus do actually exist as suffix', however they don't mean anything special.
-aeus was a Roman naming convention, particularly among what is now Italy. And the suffix -us is simply used in latin taxonomy, which is exactly what I was intending.

Dromaeus' original name was going to be Drominae, which is an actual taxonomic suffix as well. -inae is used to classify botanical subtribes.

Funfact: Dromaius is the genus that not only houses the Emu, but only the Emu! It is the only species in the Genus Dromaius!

For notable dragon applications, what constitutes a special ID?
Palindromes 12344321
False Palindromes 11022110, 60122109
Double digits 11223344
Repeating digits 13131313, 13133131, 11111111
Binary 1010101
Ambigrams 68022089

Gen 2 Partial Palindromes will not be counted, as the goal of this project is to be less than 1 digit off. Ideally every Gen 2 hatchling should be a partial palindrome of some kind.

For Gen 3+ Notable IDs, I will allow partial palindromes that are one place off, so 12344329 or 11234432.

What is an Ambigram?
An Ambigram is a word, number or image that can visually be read the same or as an entirely different word, number or image, from multiple directions, including being rotated, flipped upside down, or mirrored, and can be achieved entirely through illustrative means. A few numbers can be read as different numbers, or exactly the same, depending on the font/handwriting, if rotated or flipped, 0, 1, 2, 6, 8, 9

So the example number above, 68022089, rotated 180°, still reads 68022089, depending on how you write 2s. Another ID would be 66811899, without the serif on the 1s. Binary also falls into this category, such as 11011011

Reading as a different number will not be counted as an ambigram, as that is literally any number.

If anyone would like extended definitions of any other terms, please let me know.

What if I dont want the hatchling anymore?
Anything you want, but if you'd like to return them Ill take them back and try to find another home for them!

My dragon is Generation 11, can I still apply for a Notable Descendant feature?
Absolutely!
This project will only keep track of up to Generation 10.
As long as you can provide proof of the generational line and it checks out, any generation can apply!
xxxIntroduction | News & Notices| Rules & Goals| Pairs| Notable Hatchlings|
xxxxxxxxLineage| For Sale| Resources| Affiliates| Credits + Thanks | FAQ

FAQ

What is a palindrome?
A palindrome is a string of characters, letters, numbers, even sentences, that can be read the same backwards as forwards. Some examples include eye, madam, and racecar!

These dragons have palindrome ID numbers!

Taking it one step further due to the theme of mirrors, a mirrored palindrome would be a string of characters that can visually be read the same in a mirror, like the word 'bid' or the number 18081.

How much do these dragons cost?
I've started them off at 50g, and that seems to have stuck!

Palindromes will likely be auctioned or highest offer. Ive never hosted an auction before so please be patient.

When are these dragons bred?
I'm going to try and hatch nests only on holidays or special dates.
Every nest should be hatched on a special date of some kind. If for whatever reason I miss a special date, I will wait until the next one. The days I intend to hit are listed below, in no particular year.
The full calendar of expected dates for the year is shown below, however the next hatch date is listed here.

January 1st (New Years)
April 1st (April Fools)
April 16th (Frabjous Day)
May 9th (mother's day)
June 20th (father's day)
July 4th (4th of july)

October 31st (Halloween)

Can I regene/breed change my hatchling?
You can do whatever you want with your hatchling, this isn't a subspecies.
The only requirement to be a part of this, is the dragon must be a descendant of Palindrus and Dromaeus.

Can I change their bio?
Of course! It's your dragon now, do whatever you'd like!
I may alter/update the bio resources as we go, but those will all be available in the Resources section, if you ever want them back, or prefer one to the other.

Though keep in mind Adopts are exclusive to the pair and I might not have your hatchling's backed up for storage and space issues.
Please back these up if you'd like to keep them.
Why are the parents Mirrors and not a more popular breed?
I thought they'd better fit the theme.
While mirrored palindromes exist, Palindrome IDs are technically numbers mirrored across a vertical axis to be read the same.

So mirrors play a pretty big role in the pair to start, and I thought it would be nice to tie everything together.
The main themes of mirrored and abstracted realities and inspirations of Alice in Wonderland's Through the Looking Glass, and the Emerald Tablet all reflect (haha) a similar concept.

What is the naming convention?
Scientific names relating to alchemy.
2021: The Periodic Table of Elements

The phrase I'm titling this lineage project as, "As Above, So Below", comes from The Emerald Tablet, which is a Hermetic text often sited as the foundation of Alchemy, and associated with both the production of gold, and the philosopher's stone.

Various Elements were discovered through Alchemy, though they were not known as such at the time, and aimed to turn Lead (#82 Pb) into Gold (#79 Au).

Beyond the table there are an ample number of symbols and influences that resulted from Alchemy, including Medicine, Chemistry and even Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, so there are no shortage of names to choose from.

So if your dragon comes with a word you don't recognize, look it up! You might learn something really cool!

I might add little blurbs in their descriptions relating to their names. undecided as of yet.

Naming conventions by year:
2022:
2021: Periodic Table of Elements
Why aren't the founder's names Palindromes?
Palindrus Dromaeus is meant to be a faux Scientific name! Since they are going to be an exclusive pair, I thought it would be cool to have them together make a scientific species name, the Rare Gen 1 Palindrome!

Neither one has a direct translation, it's nonsense. The prefix, Palin means again, Drom means to run.

-us and -aeus do actually exist as suffix', however they don't mean anything special.
-aeus was a Roman naming convention, particularly among what is now Italy. And the suffix -us is simply used in latin taxonomy, which is exactly what I was intending.

Dromaeus' original name was going to be Drominae, which is an actual taxonomic suffix as well. -inae is used to classify botanical subtribes.

Funfact: Dromaius is the genus that not only houses the Emu, but only the Emu! It is the only species in the Genus Dromaius!

For notable dragon applications, what constitutes a special ID?
Palindromes 12344321
False Palindromes 11022110, 60122109
Double digits 11223344
Repeating digits 13131313, 13133131, 11111111
Binary 1010101
Ambigrams 68022089

Gen 2 Partial Palindromes will not be counted, as the goal of this project is to be less than 1 digit off. Ideally every Gen 2 hatchling should be a partial palindrome of some kind.

For Gen 3+ Notable IDs, I will allow partial palindromes that are one place off, so 12344329 or 11234432.

What is an Ambigram?
An Ambigram is a word, number or image that can visually be read the same or as an entirely different word, number or image, from multiple directions, including being rotated, flipped upside down, or mirrored, and can be achieved entirely through illustrative means. A few numbers can be read as different numbers, or exactly the same, depending on the font/handwriting, if rotated or flipped, 0, 1, 2, 6, 8, 9

So the example number above, 68022089, rotated 180°, still reads 68022089, depending on how you write 2s. Another ID would be 66811899, without the serif on the 1s. Binary also falls into this category, such as 11011011

Reading as a different number will not be counted as an ambigram, as that is literally any number.

If anyone would like extended definitions of any other terms, please let me know.

What if I dont want the hatchling anymore?
Anything you want, but if you'd like to return them Ill take them back and try to find another home for them!

My dragon is Generation 11, can I still apply for a Notable Descendant feature?
Absolutely!
This project will only keep track of up to Generation 10.
As long as you can provide proof of the generational line and it checks out, any generation can apply!
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
Calendar
Add this in here to account for specific dates

Present year:2021

January 1st (New Years)
March 1st (Map Update)
April 1st (Maybe do april fools instead of easter? May need boon.)
April 4th (easter Sunday)

April 16th Frabjous day, entirely made up date based on the information in the Jabberwock poem.
May 9th (mother's day)
June 20th (father's day)
July 4th (4th of july)
October 31st (Halloween)

Other days to consider:
MAR 10- Mario day
Mar 14- Pi day, 3.14
April 20- 420 silly weed number
April 30- Arbor day! Plant some trees!
May 26- Dracula day, day Bram Stoker published Dracula
July 3- Compliment your mirror day?????
July 4- Alice in Wonderland day
Aug 24- Vesuvius day, when Pompeii was destroyed
Aug 30- Frankenstein day! Mary Shellys birthday!
Sep 19- Talk like a pirate day
Oct 3- FMA day (this would be fun, relates to Alchemy)
Oct 6- Mad Hatter Day! Based off the 10/6 on his hat!
Oct 9- Curious Events Day??? Curiouser and curiouser...
Nov
Dec: Multiple Palindrome days!
12-1-21
12-2-21
12-3-21
12-4-21
12-5-21
12-6-21
12-7-21
12-8-21
12-9-21

Undetermined dates relating to this project:
Frabjous day- day Alice slays the Jabberwock

Unbirthdays, perhaps of Palindrus and Dromaeus?
Jan 26 2020 and Jan 05 2021
01 26 2020 01 05 2021
May 1st 2021? (Swap 05+01)?
June 2nd 2021 (2/6 swapped, maybe 2+6=8? 2020+ 01)?
Or together 2+6=8/5 2021? Aug 5th? Miss Friday the 13th tho
May 8th? Miss out on mothers day. Hmm

Huh. Brillig means 4 o clock in the afternoon. Perhaps do something with this?
4 o clock in the afternoon, of the start of the Jabberwock poem.
Maybe figure out the date for Frabjous day
Afternoon, set the days and hours on the clock, 24 hour days.
4pm 16oclock
No 16th month, so the 16th day.
Maybe just flat out 4/16? We can get that without messing up other dates.
1/6 is too late, would miss because of January 1st.
1+6=7, 7/4? Thats Alice day/4th of July.
4/16 should work,
4 suits in playing cards, 13 cards per suit not 16, remainder of 3.
4-3= 1 Alice lmao
4/16 Frabjous Day. Why not, its not like there is structure in Wonderland, and this fits an abstract mirror world well.

Past years:
Calendar
Add this in here to account for specific dates

Present year:2021

January 1st (New Years)
March 1st (Map Update)
April 1st (Maybe do april fools instead of easter? May need boon.)
April 4th (easter Sunday)

April 16th Frabjous day, entirely made up date based on the information in the Jabberwock poem.
May 9th (mother's day)
June 20th (father's day)
July 4th (4th of july)
October 31st (Halloween)

Other days to consider:
MAR 10- Mario day
Mar 14- Pi day, 3.14
April 20- 420 silly weed number
April 30- Arbor day! Plant some trees!
May 26- Dracula day, day Bram Stoker published Dracula
July 3- Compliment your mirror day?????
July 4- Alice in Wonderland day
Aug 24- Vesuvius day, when Pompeii was destroyed
Aug 30- Frankenstein day! Mary Shellys birthday!
Sep 19- Talk like a pirate day
Oct 3- FMA day (this would be fun, relates to Alchemy)
Oct 6- Mad Hatter Day! Based off the 10/6 on his hat!
Oct 9- Curious Events Day??? Curiouser and curiouser...
Nov
Dec: Multiple Palindrome days!
12-1-21
12-2-21
12-3-21
12-4-21
12-5-21
12-6-21
12-7-21
12-8-21
12-9-21

Undetermined dates relating to this project:
Frabjous day- day Alice slays the Jabberwock

Unbirthdays, perhaps of Palindrus and Dromaeus?
Jan 26 2020 and Jan 05 2021
01 26 2020 01 05 2021
May 1st 2021? (Swap 05+01)?
June 2nd 2021 (2/6 swapped, maybe 2+6=8? 2020+ 01)?
Or together 2+6=8/5 2021? Aug 5th? Miss Friday the 13th tho
May 8th? Miss out on mothers day. Hmm

Huh. Brillig means 4 o clock in the afternoon. Perhaps do something with this?
4 o clock in the afternoon, of the start of the Jabberwock poem.
Maybe figure out the date for Frabjous day
Afternoon, set the days and hours on the clock, 24 hour days.
4pm 16oclock
No 16th month, so the 16th day.
Maybe just flat out 4/16? We can get that without messing up other dates.
1/6 is too late, would miss because of January 1st.
1+6=7, 7/4? Thats Alice day/4th of July.
4/16 should work,
4 suits in playing cards, 13 cards per suit not 16, remainder of 3.
4-3= 1 Alice lmao
4/16 Frabjous Day. Why not, its not like there is structure in Wonderland, and this fits an abstract mirror world well.

Past years:
DSfOOlg.png
[Center][b][emoji=rainbow star 1 size=1][size=5]GRAND OPENING[/size][emoji=rainbow star 1 size=1][/b] [emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][emoji=firework size=1][/center] [Size=2]Some of the art in the thread is not done due to time, but everything that matters including rules should be accurate, up to date and legible. [/size] --------- @stormfly @Foxfires29 @Vodizea @SixCrows @RedheadRecon @Coincidence @Abysea @Shinyumbreon @Axqu @Inkwyrm @antimonycarver And we have our first nest! A nest of 2, one digit off full palindromes. Id like to thank everyone for their interest in this lineage project! Each hatchling comes with a lineage themed art coded bio with basic info, a small blurb connected to the theme, a bit of info on the Element theyre named after, and an exclusive adoptable featuring your hatchling's colors! We missed the palindrome by 2 digits. ------------- [Center][b]February 14th[/b][/center] [Columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=10&bodygene=23&breed=3&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=119&tertgene=18&winggene=22&wings=47&auth=25086e144fdd9008eb1d91fefa09e5299fed8ffa&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [Center][size= 3]67344378[/size] Hatchling 1 of 2 [Nextcol] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67344378][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/673444/67344378.png[/img][/url] [Quote=Info] "Hydrogen" Obsidian Python Orange Trail Wisteria Capsule XYZ 50g [/quote] [center][b]Sold![/b][/center] [/columns] [columns] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=16&bodygene=15&breed=3&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=67&tertgene=18&winggene=22&wings=138&auth=de016941db25a75c8de2065f917822b0e182b3c9&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [Center][size=3]67344379[/size] Hatchling 2 of 2 [nextcol][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67344379][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/673444/67344379.png[/img][/url] [Quote=Info] "Helium" Purple Skink Sable Trail Rose Capsule Notable Features: False Palindrome XYZ 50g [/quote] [center][b]Sold![/b][/center] [/columns] ------------- [b]Both hatchlings have been claimed! Thank you all for your interest, and I will see you on March 20th with the next batch![/b] Hatchlings are exclusive to the pinglist for one day, and will be thrown up on the AH and other threads tomorrow. [center]Thank you all once again for your interest![/center]
GRAND OPENING
Some of the art in the thread is not done due to time, but everything that matters including rules should be accurate, up to date and legible.

@stormfly @Foxfires29 @Vodizea @SixCrows @RedheadRecon @Coincidence @Abysea @Shinyumbreon @Axqu @Inkwyrm @antimonycarver

And we have our first nest! A nest of 2, one digit off full palindromes.

Id like to thank everyone for their interest in this lineage project!
Each hatchling comes with a lineage themed art coded bio with basic info, a small blurb connected to the theme, a bit of info on the Element theyre named after, and an exclusive adoptable featuring your hatchling's colors!

We missed the palindrome by 2 digits.
February 14th
dragon?age=0&body=10&bodygene=23&breed=3&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=119&tertgene=18&winggene=22&wings=47&auth=25086e144fdd9008eb1d91fefa09e5299fed8ffa&dummyext=prev.png
Hatchling 1 of 2
67344378.png
Info wrote:
"Hydrogen"
Obsidian Python
Orange Trail
Wisteria Capsule

XYZ
50g
Sold!
dragon?age=0&body=16&bodygene=15&breed=3&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=67&tertgene=18&winggene=22&wings=138&auth=de016941db25a75c8de2065f917822b0e182b3c9&dummyext=prev.png
Hatchling 2 of 2
67344379.png
Info wrote:
"Helium"
Purple Skink
Sable Trail
Rose Capsule
Notable Features: False Palindrome
XYZ
50g
Sold!

Both hatchlings have been claimed! Thank you all for your interest, and I will see you on March 20th with the next batch!

Hatchlings are exclusive to the pinglist for one day, and will be thrown up on the AH and other threads tomorrow.
Thank you all once again for your interest!
DSfOOlg.png
@Stormfly YO! I am way interested in Hydrogen! Will you take treasure for her?
@Stormfly YO! I am way interested in Hydrogen! Will you take treasure for her?
hoMNYDJ.png
@Axqu Absolutely! Feel free to send a CR and I'll hopefully have her added by the end of the day!
@Axqu Absolutely! Feel free to send a CR and I'll hopefully have her added by the end of the day!
DSfOOlg.png
@Stormfly Helium is so cute, may I claim them?
@Stormfly Helium is so cute, may I claim them?
2XruB4R.png
@Abysea Absolutely! She's yours!
@Abysea Absolutely! She's yours!
DSfOOlg.png
I can't believe you missed by two digits! That's insanely close. And they turned out cute!
Nicely done, Pal and Drom. ;)
I can't believe you missed by two digits! That's insanely close. And they turned out cute!
Nicely done, Pal and Drom. ;)
@RedheadRecon Right? I'm ecstatic we got that close! Gives me hope for future nests!
Lets hope that kindof luck sticks with them!
@RedheadRecon Right? I'm ecstatic we got that close! Gives me hope for future nests!
Lets hope that kindof luck sticks with them!
DSfOOlg.png
Oh my gosh, I love this! Can I be on the pinglist for future hatchlings, please? :)
Oh my gosh, I love this! Can I be on the pinglist for future hatchlings, please? :)
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32 33