Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Toxic Rot Returns
1 2
There are many rumors and stories about going-ons in the Scarred Wasteland. There's no limit to the stories, even the most exaggerated sounding ones were proven to be true over time. Lately, there have been rumors of a dragon who had managed to reanimate dragons that had fallen victim to a green rot. With your curiosity piqued, you took to seeking out the source of these rumors yourself.

Upon digging deeper, you found the dragon responsible was a ridgeback by the name of Gharil. Chasing him down was found to be harder than originally thought as you got lost in the gore and ooze of the Wasteland. It was upon your third time circling around a particularly gross plant that you finally caught sight of a pink and green dragon. You followed behind stealthily, staying low to the ground to remain unseen by the frankly terrifying looking ridgeback.

After a while of doing this, he eventually stops at a particularly overgrown region. He does a complicated set of movements before disappearing amongst the growth. With your keen eye, you manage to copy what he did and slip through the disgusting foliage.

Upon popping through, you find Gharil leaning over you, not looking so much angry as he is tired. He takes a step back, a deep and exhausted sigh leaving him as he ruffles his wings. The silence between the two of you remains unbroken for a few minutes as he stares further into the foliage. You're about to excuse yourself when he finally speaks up. "I suppose you heard about my husband, then? You're here to find the truth behind the rumors? I assure you, the weight of the truth is heavier than you think."

Determined, you get up and stop in front of him. There's a moment where he searches your gaze before finding what he was looking for, and continuing on.

"My husband, daughter, and I were happy, once upon a time. That was before I was overcome by the rot, and they both fell to it as well. Gyrehex... he passed before I figured out how to stop it and localize it. The loss shattered us, Emry and I. I began experimenting and working on reviving my husband."

"I first managed to reanimate Yuka. My eyes were truly opened for the first time since I lost him. I used it on Gyrehex, and it worked! It worked, everything was perfect again, but... there's something wrong. They're nothing but green goop and I can't get either of them to talk or to emote at all." At this Gharil laughs, a mixture of a cackle and a bone-dry laugh. "Who knows if he even remembers me, us."

"Him and Yuka have taken to each other in a camaraderie. They often happen upon abandoned eggs and taken them for their own, infecting the eggs with the rot as well. I can't stop them from doing this, so Abia has given me permission to pass them out to anyone who shows interest."

He finally looks at you. Although his eyes are hidden behind goggles, there's a certain amount of wisdom you can see in him.

"So, are you interested, as well?"
There are many rumors and stories about going-ons in the Scarred Wasteland. There's no limit to the stories, even the most exaggerated sounding ones were proven to be true over time. Lately, there have been rumors of a dragon who had managed to reanimate dragons that had fallen victim to a green rot. With your curiosity piqued, you took to seeking out the source of these rumors yourself.

Upon digging deeper, you found the dragon responsible was a ridgeback by the name of Gharil. Chasing him down was found to be harder than originally thought as you got lost in the gore and ooze of the Wasteland. It was upon your third time circling around a particularly gross plant that you finally caught sight of a pink and green dragon. You followed behind stealthily, staying low to the ground to remain unseen by the frankly terrifying looking ridgeback.

After a while of doing this, he eventually stops at a particularly overgrown region. He does a complicated set of movements before disappearing amongst the growth. With your keen eye, you manage to copy what he did and slip through the disgusting foliage.

Upon popping through, you find Gharil leaning over you, not looking so much angry as he is tired. He takes a step back, a deep and exhausted sigh leaving him as he ruffles his wings. The silence between the two of you remains unbroken for a few minutes as he stares further into the foliage. You're about to excuse yourself when he finally speaks up. "I suppose you heard about my husband, then? You're here to find the truth behind the rumors? I assure you, the weight of the truth is heavier than you think."

Determined, you get up and stop in front of him. There's a moment where he searches your gaze before finding what he was looking for, and continuing on.

"My husband, daughter, and I were happy, once upon a time. That was before I was overcome by the rot, and they both fell to it as well. Gyrehex... he passed before I figured out how to stop it and localize it. The loss shattered us, Emry and I. I began experimenting and working on reviving my husband."

"I first managed to reanimate Yuka. My eyes were truly opened for the first time since I lost him. I used it on Gyrehex, and it worked! It worked, everything was perfect again, but... there's something wrong. They're nothing but green goop and I can't get either of them to talk or to emote at all." At this Gharil laughs, a mixture of a cackle and a bone-dry laugh. "Who knows if he even remembers me, us."

"Him and Yuka have taken to each other in a camaraderie. They often happen upon abandoned eggs and taken them for their own, infecting the eggs with the rot as well. I can't stop them from doing this, so Abia has given me permission to pass them out to anyone who shows interest."

He finally looks at you. Although his eyes are hidden behind goggles, there's a certain amount of wisdom you can see in him.

"So, are you interested, as well?"
3bbe541c-668d-11eb-85b4-db69db281854.gifgis121.gif3bbe541c-668d-11eb-85b4-db69db281854.gif
(credit to Rhosae for the button!)
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=39&bodygene=41&breed=5&element=8&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=39&tertgene=18&winggene=41&wings=39&auth=4f783ab7a23317437cb5452cc721b7b10da9988a&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=79&bodygene=41&breed=11&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=130&tertgene=18&winggene=41&wings=113&auth=350619d3fca5d8877088cf1389e9732a06011e37&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [b]Genetics:[/b] [LIST] [*]Primary: Slime 100%, Mantis-Pear-Leaf [*]Secondary: Sludge 100%, Fern-Mantis-Pear-Leaf [*]Tertiary: Capsule 100%, Leaf-Radioactive [*]Breed: Nocturne-Ridgeback, 10-90% [*]Yuka: Mantis/Fern/Radioactive, Slime/Sludge/Capsule, Nocturne [*]Gyrehex: Leaf XXX, Slime/Sludge/Capsule, Ridgeback [/LIST]
dragon?age=1&body=39&bodygene=41&breed=5&element=8&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=39&tertgene=18&winggene=41&wings=39&auth=4f783ab7a23317437cb5452cc721b7b10da9988a&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=79&bodygene=41&breed=11&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=130&tertgene=18&winggene=41&wings=113&auth=350619d3fca5d8877088cf1389e9732a06011e37&dummyext=prev.png

Genetics:
  • Primary: Slime 100%, Mantis-Pear-Leaf
  • Secondary: Sludge 100%, Fern-Mantis-Pear-Leaf
  • Tertiary: Capsule 100%, Leaf-Radioactive
  • Breed: Nocturne-Ridgeback, 10-90%
  • Yuka: Mantis/Fern/Radioactive, Slime/Sludge/Capsule, Nocturne
  • Gyrehex: Leaf XXX, Slime/Sludge/Capsule, Ridgeback
3bbe541c-668d-11eb-85b4-db69db281854.gifgis121.gif3bbe541c-668d-11eb-85b4-db69db281854.gif
Rules:
  • Green ranged genes for primary-tertiary, and white genes for tertiary.
  • For moderns: Slime/Sludge and green range Capsule or white range Ghost
  • For Banescales: Metallic, Spinner/Toxin, and Skeletal
  • Give credit to where credit is due.
  • If continuing lore, please don't deviate from the premise of the dragon either being infected with the rot and revived, or that they were hatched from infected eggs. Anything beyond that is allowed and encouraged!
  • Don't gatekeep and the like.

Feel free to ask questions for more information and lore!
Rules:
  • Green ranged genes for primary-tertiary, and white genes for tertiary.
  • For moderns: Slime/Sludge and green range Capsule or white range Ghost
  • For Banescales: Metallic, Spinner/Toxin, and Skeletal
  • Give credit to where credit is due.
  • If continuing lore, please don't deviate from the premise of the dragon either being infected with the rot and revived, or that they were hatched from infected eggs. Anything beyond that is allowed and encouraged!
  • Don't gatekeep and the like.

Feel free to ask questions for more information and lore!
"Did I happen to mention the Banescales I revived? Tricky things, Lyseria and Vrinde were to revive. They're more... intense than Gyrehex and Yuka," Gharil says, his gaze far-off. His frown dabbles more to the worried side, and a pit builds in your gut. "They are amazing in their own ways though. Instead of being completely green, their skeletons have now formed on the outside. It's a sight to see."

He continues to ramble about the sciences and interesting data about the pairing, and you begin to wander away. Deeper in the little hideout that Gharil has made, you find the two Banescales he spoke of. Their gazes are empty, but they snarl as you begin to draw close to them. One of them, the female, sports multiple eyes down her body. They all focus on you, and you can swear you see sparks of lightning go off around some of them.

The male is drawing closer to you, his wings shooting up in a threatening and territorial way. I shouldn't have wandered off without Gharil, the thought crosses your mind as you find yourself retreating and shrinking as low as you can into the ground.

Before any move is made against you, more green crosses your sight and in front of you is a horribly green ridgeback male. His face is completely hidden behind a plague doctor's mask, but the stench of the rot is unmistakable. As you draw back to gag, you can only assume it's Gyrehex who's protecting you from the ancients.

"Amazing, he hasn't moved like that since... well, since he was alive," Gharil speaks up from beside you, causing you to jump away from him. He doesn't seem bothered by your erratic movements, enraptured by his reanimated husband standing before you two. "This is a good development, I can only hope that it continues upwards."

"We have no need for these eggs that the pair are guarding if you happen to want one of your own. Of course, there will be a price to pay, but that is only fair considering our troubles, yes?"
"Did I happen to mention the Banescales I revived? Tricky things, Lyseria and Vrinde were to revive. They're more... intense than Gyrehex and Yuka," Gharil says, his gaze far-off. His frown dabbles more to the worried side, and a pit builds in your gut. "They are amazing in their own ways though. Instead of being completely green, their skeletons have now formed on the outside. It's a sight to see."

He continues to ramble about the sciences and interesting data about the pairing, and you begin to wander away. Deeper in the little hideout that Gharil has made, you find the two Banescales he spoke of. Their gazes are empty, but they snarl as you begin to draw close to them. One of them, the female, sports multiple eyes down her body. They all focus on you, and you can swear you see sparks of lightning go off around some of them.

The male is drawing closer to you, his wings shooting up in a threatening and territorial way. I shouldn't have wandered off without Gharil, the thought crosses your mind as you find yourself retreating and shrinking as low as you can into the ground.

Before any move is made against you, more green crosses your sight and in front of you is a horribly green ridgeback male. His face is completely hidden behind a plague doctor's mask, but the stench of the rot is unmistakable. As you draw back to gag, you can only assume it's Gyrehex who's protecting you from the ancients.

"Amazing, he hasn't moved like that since... well, since he was alive," Gharil speaks up from beside you, causing you to jump away from him. He doesn't seem bothered by your erratic movements, enraptured by his reanimated husband standing before you two. "This is a good development, I can only hope that it continues upwards."

"We have no need for these eggs that the pair are guarding if you happen to want one of your own. Of course, there will be a price to pay, but that is only fair considering our troubles, yes?"
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=113&bodygene=49&breed=18&element=5&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=45&winggene=52&wings=81&auth=d8ad5d228bfbd500edfded4d96bae6d6c89d115d&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=79&bodygene=49&breed=18&element=8&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=3&tertgene=45&winggene=53&wings=34&auth=9d45a13ed91d2402cda8c5884ec78a26c6ebe225&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [b]Genetics:[/b] [LIST] [*]Primary: Metallic 100%, Fern-Mantis [*]Secondary: Toxin-Spinner 50-50%, Jungle-Hunter [*]Tertiary: Skeletal 100%, White-Moon-Ice [*]Lyseria (female): Fern/Hunter/White, Metallic/Spinner/Skeletal [*]Vrinde (male): Mantis/Jungle/Ice, Metallic/Toxin/Skeletal [/LIST]
dragon?age=1&body=113&bodygene=49&breed=18&element=5&eyetype=5&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=45&winggene=52&wings=81&auth=d8ad5d228bfbd500edfded4d96bae6d6c89d115d&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=79&bodygene=49&breed=18&element=8&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=3&tertgene=45&winggene=53&wings=34&auth=9d45a13ed91d2402cda8c5884ec78a26c6ebe225&dummyext=prev.png

Genetics:
  • Primary: Metallic 100%, Fern-Mantis
  • Secondary: Toxin-Spinner 50-50%, Jungle-Hunter
  • Tertiary: Skeletal 100%, White-Moon-Ice
  • Lyseria (female): Fern/Hunter/White, Metallic/Spinner/Skeletal
  • Vrinde (male): Mantis/Jungle/Ice, Metallic/Toxin/Skeletal
The modern pairing will be available to nest again in 14 days! Feel free to reserve a hatchling if you want one :>
The modern pairing will be available to nest again in 14 days! Feel free to reserve a hatchling if you want one :>
The banescale pairing has been nested and will hatch in five days!
The banescale pairing has been nested and will hatch in five days!
banescale offspring will go for 25kt/25g while modern offspring will go for 15kt/15g
banescale offspring will go for 25kt/25g while modern offspring will go for 15kt/15g
boop
boop
@kermes id love to reserve a modern!
@kermes id love to reserve a modern!
6cee72068ae5f0b042d4c6a512db1cc6b0b13aad.gif5904557355c5eb273cab92b7a373e5248510ad4e.gif77e0932a91dd8e0dacb832b638d7459d4175c2a2.pnga99b8aaacb61f6263650014bf256c824a647576c.png5afc6861a0d673495f4cee79b56956cb31f91e78.gif
1 2