Dragon Share
Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | NotN Theme: Stolen Shadows
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/media/not-official-lore-notn-theme-week-only.png[/img][/center] The first to escape was an elder dragon, stumbling out of the lair and into the meadow surrounding it, two hatchlings clinging desperately to the dragon’s wings. A second trio of dragons burst forth from the entrance, frantically running and tripping over each other as they tried to take to the sky. Far above the lair’s entrance, two young nocturnes circled, watching the fleeing dragons. [i]“She should be here,”[/i] the dark blue nocturne hissed as she flew closer to her brother. “She’ll be here,” he replied, unable keep the anxiety twisting at his heart out of his voice. Nightsong shook her head. “No, something’s wrong. Void, something isn’t right,” she said, her dark eyes on the two groups of dragons below. “There!” Voidsong shouted, “Night, she’s here!” The siblings watched as Shadowsong appeared before the six dragons below. The two hatchlings detached themselves from the elder and tottered over to Shadowsong until they stood right in front of her. Relieved, the nocturne pair started their descent to join their mentor. This night was to be the last stage in their training. If they survived, they would be full-fledged Singers. Nightsong felt it first, her wings snapping out in full, halting her flight as she stared in horror at the two hatchlings gazing up at Shadowsong with rapturous expressions. [i]“NO!”[/i] she shrieked before throwing herself into a reckless dive to the scene below. “What’s goin—” Voidsong gasped as the mimics’ aura hit him a moment later. He followed his sister’s lead, diving desperately down to their mentor. He caught up to his sister quickly. They shared a single terrified glance before steeling themselves. Together they could do this. [i]“SHADOWSONG!”[/i] they cried out in unison. [center]———[/center] They were so close they could see the dark nocturne’s eyes widen. The two hatchlings in front of Shadowsong began to giggle as their bodies started to twist, mimic magic rolling off them in waves. They could hear their mentor curse as she pushed herself up and away from them but it was too late. Horrified, the twins watched as the mimics took their true form, their magic catching Shadowsong’s hind legs, halting her ascent. Her wings were next, pulling her down to the ground. Within seconds she had been overwhelmed and consumed by mimic magic. The siblings howled, their fear turning to fury. Forelimbs outstretched, the duo reached their enemy, but they were too late. Just as they felt their claws start to sink into the mimics, they dissolved, disappearing into the night. Taking their mentor with them. [center][i]She’s mine now, my little ones. [/i][/center] Voidsong braked immediately, skidding across the field, sending dirt and grass flying. Nightsong wasn’t so lucky and she crashed into the ground rolling head over tail before eventually slowing to a stop. Voidsong struggled to get his legs under him. His body cried out in protest, but it didn't matter, his wounds didn't matter. He had to get to his sister. The thought of losing her, too...he stumbled, his limbs betraying him. But before he hit the ground he felt two strong claws grab him, hauling him upright. Shocked, he looked up to see who it was. The elder dragon. “My sister?” Voidsong choked, afraid to ask the real question. “Your sister’s the blue one? Yes, she’s alive,” the dragon holding him replied gently. Behind him, Voidsong could see the other trio of dragons surrounding her. The pair carefully made their way over to the others where Voidsong could see a warm glow around one of them and Nightsong. The elder dragon spoke quietly. “Thankfully, those two dragons there managed to rescue our healer’s apprentice. You’re next.” The dragon holding him up paused before continuing. “I know what you are, I know the one who was taken. But I don’t recognize that voice.” “We do,” Nightsong muttered bitterly. “And we know how to find her.” Her dark eyes narrowed as she looked over to the elder dragon. “We’re still apprentices. We were supposed to learn the last of our craft this night. With Shadowsong gone, we don’t have the spells...we can’t protect you...” The elder dragon nodded, his expression somber. “We’re on our own.” “As soon as we’re healed, we have to go,” Voidsong said. “If we don’t rescue Shadowsong before this long night ends, she’ll be Thana’s forever.” [center]———[/center] [indent][LIST=1] [*][size=4]Who are [b]the four (4) dragons[/b] who rescued Nightsong and Voidsong?[/size] [*][size=4]How do they survive and save their lair from the mimics?[/size] [*][size=4][i]Do[/i] they survive and save their lair from the mimics?[/size] [/LIST][/indent] [center]———[/center] [center][b][size=2]NOT OFFICIAL [I]FLIGHT RISING[/I] LORE[/size][/b][/center] [I][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2798870]Click here for this week's discussion thread and Favorite Dragon of 2019 spotlight![/url][/I]
not-official-lore-notn-theme-week-only.png
The first to escape was an elder dragon, stumbling out of the lair and into the meadow surrounding it, two hatchlings clinging desperately to the dragon’s wings. A second trio of dragons burst forth from the entrance, frantically running and tripping over each other as they tried to take to the sky.

Far above the lair’s entrance, two young nocturnes circled, watching the fleeing dragons. “She should be here,” the dark blue nocturne hissed as she flew closer to her brother.

“She’ll be here,” he replied, unable keep the anxiety twisting at his heart out of his voice.

Nightsong shook her head. “No, something’s wrong. Void, something isn’t right,” she said, her dark eyes on the two groups of dragons below.

“There!” Voidsong shouted, “Night, she’s here!”

The siblings watched as Shadowsong appeared before the six dragons below. The two hatchlings detached themselves from the elder and tottered over to Shadowsong until they stood right in front of her. Relieved, the nocturne pair started their descent to join their mentor. This night was to be the last stage in their training. If they survived, they would be full-fledged Singers.

Nightsong felt it first, her wings snapping out in full, halting her flight as she stared in horror at the two hatchlings gazing up at Shadowsong with rapturous expressions. “NO!” she shrieked before throwing herself into a reckless dive to the scene below.

“What’s goin—” Voidsong gasped as the mimics’ aura hit him a moment later. He followed his sister’s lead, diving desperately down to their mentor. He caught up to his sister quickly. They shared a single terrified glance before steeling themselves. Together they could do this.

“SHADOWSONG!” they cried out in unison.
———

They were so close they could see the dark nocturne’s eyes widen. The two hatchlings in front of Shadowsong began to giggle as their bodies started to twist, mimic magic rolling off them in waves. They could hear their mentor curse as she pushed herself up and away from them but it was too late.

Horrified, the twins watched as the mimics took their true form, their magic catching Shadowsong’s hind legs, halting her ascent. Her wings were next, pulling her down to the ground. Within seconds she had been overwhelmed and consumed by mimic magic.

The siblings howled, their fear turning to fury. Forelimbs outstretched, the duo reached their enemy, but they were too late. Just as they felt their claws start to sink into the mimics, they dissolved, disappearing into the night. Taking their mentor with them.
She’s mine now, my little ones.

Voidsong braked immediately, skidding across the field, sending dirt and grass flying. Nightsong wasn’t so lucky and she crashed into the ground rolling head over tail before eventually slowing to a stop.

Voidsong struggled to get his legs under him. His body cried out in protest, but it didn't matter, his wounds didn't matter. He had to get to his sister. The thought of losing her, too...he stumbled, his limbs betraying him. But before he hit the ground he felt two strong claws grab him, hauling him upright. Shocked, he looked up to see who it was. The elder dragon.

“My sister?” Voidsong choked, afraid to ask the real question.

“Your sister’s the blue one? Yes, she’s alive,” the dragon holding him replied gently. Behind him, Voidsong could see the other trio of dragons surrounding her. The pair carefully made their way over to the others where Voidsong could see a warm glow around one of them and Nightsong.

The elder dragon spoke quietly. “Thankfully, those two dragons there managed to rescue our healer’s apprentice. You’re next.” The dragon holding him up paused before continuing. “I know what you are, I know the one who was taken. But I don’t recognize that voice.”

“We do,” Nightsong muttered bitterly. “And we know how to find her.” Her dark eyes narrowed as she looked over to the elder dragon. “We’re still apprentices. We were supposed to learn the last of our craft this night. With Shadowsong gone, we don’t have the spells...we can’t protect you...”

The elder dragon nodded, his expression somber. “We’re on our own.”

“As soon as we’re healed, we have to go,” Voidsong said. “If we don’t rescue Shadowsong before this long night ends, she’ll be Thana’s forever.”
———
  1. Who are the four (4) dragons who rescued Nightsong and Voidsong?
  2. How do they survive and save their lair from the mimics?
  3. Do they survive and save their lair from the mimics?
———
NOT OFFICIAL FLIGHT RISING LORE

Click here for this week's discussion thread and Favorite Dragon of 2019 spotlight!
[center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25480544][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/254806/25480544.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35632788][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/356328/35632788.png[/img][/url] [b]The Elder | The Healer[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34235742][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/342358/34235742.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57081612][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/570817/57081612.png[/img][/url] [b]The Veteran | The Detective[/b] [/center] ------ “As soon as we’re healed, we have to go,” Voidsong said. “If we don’t rescue Shadowsong before this long night ends, she’ll be Thana’s forever!” “Now hold on just a minute here,” a bright orange Nocturne spoke up. “Our clan has suffered pretty badly at the hands of these mimics too! My priority is to save my clan-ma--” Nightsong snapped at the other Nocturne before she could finish “You might not see your clan-mates again if we don’t get Shadowsong back! She might be the only thing we have to deal with these mimics for good!” The bright Nocturne hissed at Nightsong and started to approach her slowly. “Impudent whelp, do you not recognize me?! 2 years ago this very night, your own Shadowsong sent my group off to find you! I know the dangers of the mimics… of Thana...” She trails off. A blue and white Snapper slowly comes to place herself between the two Nocturnes. The Snapper looks to Nightsong and gently speaks: “Lass… I’m sorry about your mentor. We’ll help ya, but ya needa understand how wound up everyone is right now.” The Snapper places an arm around Nightsong. The elder finally speaks up again. Casting a glance towards the orange Nocturne, his voice seems to boom through the awkward silence. “Sekhmet, you’ve dealt with mimics before. We need your expertise, but we’ll also need you to maintain control over your temper.” Sekhmet stiffens “Of course OpalFeather- I’m forgetting myself.” Opal turns his head to face the Snapper. “Blueberry, how many others evacuated behind us?” Blueberry scratches her head and shrugs. Opal shakes his head and continues, “We had been made aware of the mimic threat by another in our clan. We planned to evacuate, but with no way to tell who was a mimic, it’s likely the evacuation plans fell into one of their hands.” While Opal speaks, the healer Tundra that had been tending to Nightsong approaches Voidsong. Without speaking he places a paw above Voidsong’s injuries and begins to heal them. “I doubt everyone has evacuated safely. We may need to go back in and see for ourselves.” Opal scanned the faces of the other dragons when he said this. Sekhmet steps forward. “As always, I offer my abilities. I may not be a Singer, but my Lightning magic is powerful enough.” Blueberry jaunts forward. “I offer my detective skills ta help identify mimics from mates!” Sekhmet scoffs at Blueberry’s remark. The Snapper, offended, fires back: “What? It’sa profession! Just as well as yours!” Opal clears his throat and the bickering pair sober up. ------ Upon re-entering the lair the group sees just how much damage has been done: talon marks have scraped the ground, torches have been knocked off the walls, and curtains and tapestries have been shredded. The mimics sought to sough as much chaos as possible to ensure the capture of Shadowsong, that much was evident. A pair of Coatl hide just behind the lair entrance. The smaller of the two buzzes towards the group. “Oh thank goodness! Oh, and you have Kashell with you- Dad’s hurt and-” “HOLD IT” Blueberry interjects, throwing herself between the Coatl and the healer Tundra, “Alright Dusty… If that’s who ya REALLY are… What was the first familiar ya had ever since you were a wee hatchling?” [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/327502989524729856/661661944792612924/NOTN2F.png[/img][/center] The Coatl’s head plumage lowered in fright “A- A Rambra?...” “Hm… But what was it’s name lad?” Blueberry eyed Dusty so much his nervousness continued. “... Geoffry?” Satisfied with this answer, Blueberry turned to the other Coatl, who had a nasty cut on his wing. “AND YOU… ‘MARBLE’,” she emphasized as if mocking the possible mimic. “How many hatchlings have you borne?” “... Still in our clan?” “No. Total.” The Coatl’s cheeks went white. Then red. He looked down and wheezed but before he could give a rough estimate Blueberry interrupted him: “Yeah, that’s a reasonable response I’d get from the REAL Marble. You’re both in the clear. For now...” Blueberry made a motion from her eyes to the others with her talons. The healer, Kashell, made his way towards Marble and began to heal his wounds. Voidsong looked up to OpalFeather, as they were both standing by the entrance. Voidsong spoke quietly so that no one else could hear him but Opal: “...Blueberry knows we can sense mimics… right?” Opal shook his head. ------ After Marble was healed, it was decided the group ought to split. Kashell needed to stay by the entrance in case another dragon seeking aid came, and Nightsong was to stay with him in the case of any mimics appearing. Marble and Dusty headed out to search for any other members of the clan who escaped by flight. Opal, Blueberry, Sekhmet, and Voidsong continued into the den. Deeper in the lair, a loud clanking and scraping was heard, echoing on the stone walls. The group came upon a large chamber, and inside two dragons were fighting one-another off. One a small pink Spiral, the other a large mechanical Skydancer. The pink Spiral saw the others approaching and coiled around the Skydancer. “Oh thank the Icewarden you’re here! Ruine has been going crazy and has been trying to fight me! I think its actually a mimic! You need to help me!” “[font=Courier New]NEGATIVE,[/font]” The Skydancer boomed. “[font=Courier New]XIA WAS CAUGHT ATTEMPTING TO INCAPACITATE ANOTHER ENTITY.DRAGON AS THEY ABSCONDED. FROM THIS FACTOR IT IS CONCLUSIVE XIA IS THE ENTITY.MIMIC.”[/font] Voidsong frantically looked between the two dragons. “They’re too close together! One of them is definitely a mimic, but I can’t tell which one!” Blueberry jumped forward, “THIS is a job for!-” “ME!” Sekhmet dived in front of Blueberry before she could finish. Sekhmet fired a bolt of electricity from her maw as Xia jumped off of Ruine to avoid it. Ruine took the bolt and seemed unaffected by it. Voidsong took the opportunity of them being apart to identify which one was the mimic. “There!”, he said pointing to Xia. With electrically charged talons Sekhmet made to swipe at the mimic-Xia. The false Spiral was too quick and instead weaved away, eyes now a glowing white, claws turning to tendrils. The mimic made its way right towards Voidsong. Ruine unhinged its jaw and let out a freezing mist- stopping the mimic in its tracks as its wings froze solid. Sekhmet used this chance to land the final blow. The mimic shrieked slowly melted into the floor. Nothing was left but a puddle of what appeared to be ink. “[font=Courier New]GRATITUDE. THERE ARE NO LIFE-SIGN READINGS FROM THE ENTITY.MIMIC. I AM IN NEED OF REPAIRS. MY NEW DESTINATION IS SET TO THE LAIR ENTRANCE.[/font]” Ruine slunk back through the tunnel that the main party came from. ------ Leading the way, Opal guided the party down the last few rooms of the lair. The walls here were covered in the mysterious ink-like substance the mimics were made from. The torches were all out now, and the only light they had was from the softly glowing runes on both Blueberry and Voidsong. Weeping was heard from a room beyond one of the curtains. Opal carefully pulled it back to reveal inside the large room was a small, brilliantly white Pearlcatcher. “Moonstone!” Opal cried out, rushing towards her. “Wait! Opal! What are ya doing?! She could be-” Blueberry was cut off once again as Sekhmet flew past her frantically. Opal grasped Moonstone in his talons. “Moon… are you hurt?” “No...” her reply was soft and hushed. An unearthly smile crept along her face. “But I cannot say the same of you...” The mimic unleashed its true form here- once white and brilliant scales turning to dark tendrils. Opal was petrified as he was enveloped- unable to escape. [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/327502989524729856/662209992333721601/NOTN1f.png[/img][/center] A loud BOOM reverberated through the chamber, and some of the mimic’s tendrils let up their grasp. Opal could barely see through the chaos, but he caught glimpses of Sekhmet using her full power, bolts firing in every direction with one powerful flap of her wings. The room was filled with the cacophony of the mimic shrieking and thunderous booms of Sekhmet’s magic. For Opal, the world went quiet and dark. ------ [i][size=1]Opal…[/size] [size=2]Opal…[/size][/i] Opal’s eyes slowly opened. He was back in the meadow outside of the lair, with Kashell tending to his wounds. “Opal...” Kashell finally spoke, quietly and slowly. “I’m… very glad you’re awake...” Opal looked around the clearing- there were a few other dragons now back. Dusty and Marble were corraling some fearful hatchlings. Hurricane was back and repairing Ruine. Copper had returned- mostly confused since he was on a mission and had been out of the lair all week before now. Voidsong, Nightsong, and Sekhmet were flying somewhere above, and at the sight of Opal stirring, they landed beside him. Sekhmet’s face was dark. “These are all the dragons we’ve been able to recover thus far. We’ve found no more mimics other than those two.” “We’ve also wasted so much time we could’ve been using finding Shadowsong” Nightsong muttered under her breath. Sekhmet scowled at this but said nothing. Opal coughed, then composed himself. “Sekhmet,” he started. “Where is it exactly that dragons go when being taken by mimics?” All eyes were on Sekhmet now. Fear danced in her eyes, but only for a second, and then she spoke: [i]“Are you strong enough to fly?”[/i]
25480544.png35632788.png
The Elder | The Healer

34235742.png57081612.png
The Veteran | The Detective

“As soon as we’re healed, we have to go,” Voidsong said. “If we don’t rescue Shadowsong before this long night ends, she’ll be Thana’s forever!”

“Now hold on just a minute here,” a bright orange Nocturne spoke up. “Our clan has suffered pretty badly at the hands of these mimics too! My priority is to save my clan-ma--”

Nightsong snapped at the other Nocturne before she could finish “You might not see your clan-mates again if we don’t get Shadowsong back! She might be the only thing we have to deal with these mimics for good!”

The bright Nocturne hissed at Nightsong and started to approach her slowly. “Impudent whelp, do you not recognize me?! 2 years ago this very night, your own Shadowsong sent my group off to find you! I know the dangers of the mimics… of Thana...” She trails off.

A blue and white Snapper slowly comes to place herself between the two Nocturnes. The Snapper looks to Nightsong and gently speaks: “Lass… I’m sorry about your mentor. We’ll help ya, but ya needa understand how wound up everyone is right now.” The Snapper places an arm around Nightsong.

The elder finally speaks up again. Casting a glance towards the orange Nocturne, his voice seems to boom through the awkward silence. “Sekhmet, you’ve dealt with mimics before. We need your expertise, but we’ll also need you to maintain control over your temper.”

Sekhmet stiffens “Of course OpalFeather- I’m forgetting myself.”

Opal turns his head to face the Snapper. “Blueberry, how many others evacuated behind us?”
Blueberry scratches her head and shrugs.

Opal shakes his head and continues, “We had been made aware of the mimic threat by another in our clan. We planned to evacuate, but with no way to tell who was a mimic, it’s likely the evacuation plans fell into one of their hands.”

While Opal speaks, the healer Tundra that had been tending to Nightsong approaches Voidsong. Without speaking he places a paw above Voidsong’s injuries and begins to heal them.

“I doubt everyone has evacuated safely. We may need to go back in and see for ourselves.” Opal scanned the faces of the other dragons when he said this.

Sekhmet steps forward. “As always, I offer my abilities. I may not be a Singer, but my Lightning magic is powerful enough.”

Blueberry jaunts forward. “I offer my detective skills ta help identify mimics from mates!” Sekhmet scoffs at Blueberry’s remark. The Snapper, offended, fires back: “What? It’sa profession! Just as well as yours!”

Opal clears his throat and the bickering pair sober up.

Upon re-entering the lair the group sees just how much damage has been done: talon marks have scraped the ground, torches have been knocked off the walls, and curtains and tapestries have been shredded. The mimics sought to sough as much chaos as possible to ensure the capture of Shadowsong, that much was evident.

A pair of Coatl hide just behind the lair entrance. The smaller of the two buzzes towards the group. “Oh thank goodness! Oh, and you have Kashell with you- Dad’s hurt and-”

“HOLD IT” Blueberry interjects, throwing herself between the Coatl and the healer Tundra, “Alright Dusty… If that’s who ya REALLY are… What was the first familiar ya had ever since you were a wee hatchling?”
NOTN2F.png
The Coatl’s head plumage lowered in fright “A- A Rambra?...”

“Hm… But what was it’s name lad?” Blueberry eyed Dusty so much his nervousness continued.

“... Geoffry?”

Satisfied with this answer, Blueberry turned to the other Coatl, who had a nasty cut on his wing. “AND YOU… ‘MARBLE’,” she emphasized as if mocking the possible mimic. “How many hatchlings have you borne?”

“... Still in our clan?”

“No. Total.”

The Coatl’s cheeks went white. Then red. He looked down and wheezed but before he could give a rough estimate Blueberry interrupted him: “Yeah, that’s a reasonable response I’d get from the REAL Marble. You’re both in the clear. For now...” Blueberry made a motion from her eyes to the others with her talons.

The healer, Kashell, made his way towards Marble and began to heal his wounds. Voidsong looked up to OpalFeather, as they were both standing by the entrance. Voidsong spoke quietly so that no one else could hear him but Opal: “...Blueberry knows we can sense mimics… right?”

Opal shook his head.

After Marble was healed, it was decided the group ought to split. Kashell needed to stay by the entrance in case another dragon seeking aid came, and Nightsong was to stay with him in the case of any mimics appearing. Marble and Dusty headed out to search for any other members of the clan who escaped by flight. Opal, Blueberry, Sekhmet, and Voidsong continued into the den.

Deeper in the lair, a loud clanking and scraping was heard, echoing on the stone walls. The group came upon a large chamber, and inside two dragons were fighting one-another off. One a small pink Spiral, the other a large mechanical Skydancer.

The pink Spiral saw the others approaching and coiled around the Skydancer. “Oh thank the Icewarden you’re here! Ruine has been going crazy and has been trying to fight me! I think its actually a mimic! You need to help me!”

NEGATIVE,” The Skydancer boomed. “XIA WAS CAUGHT ATTEMPTING TO INCAPACITATE ANOTHER ENTITY.DRAGON AS THEY ABSCONDED. FROM THIS FACTOR IT IS CONCLUSIVE XIA IS THE ENTITY.MIMIC.”

Voidsong frantically looked between the two dragons. “They’re too close together! One of them is definitely a mimic, but I can’t tell which one!”

Blueberry jumped forward, “THIS is a job for!-”

“ME!” Sekhmet dived in front of Blueberry before she could finish. Sekhmet fired a bolt of electricity from her maw as Xia jumped off of Ruine to avoid it. Ruine took the bolt and seemed unaffected by it. Voidsong took the opportunity of them being apart to identify which one was the mimic. “There!”, he said pointing to Xia.

With electrically charged talons Sekhmet made to swipe at the mimic-Xia. The false Spiral was too quick and instead weaved away, eyes now a glowing white, claws turning to tendrils. The mimic made its way right towards Voidsong.

Ruine unhinged its jaw and let out a freezing mist- stopping the mimic in its tracks as its wings froze solid. Sekhmet used this chance to land the final blow. The mimic shrieked slowly melted into the floor. Nothing was left but a puddle of what appeared to be ink.

GRATITUDE. THERE ARE NO LIFE-SIGN READINGS FROM THE ENTITY.MIMIC. I AM IN NEED OF REPAIRS. MY NEW DESTINATION IS SET TO THE LAIR ENTRANCE.” Ruine slunk back through the tunnel that the main party came from.

Leading the way, Opal guided the party down the last few rooms of the lair. The walls here were covered in the mysterious ink-like substance the mimics were made from. The torches were all out now, and the only light they had was from the softly glowing runes on both Blueberry and Voidsong.

Weeping was heard from a room beyond one of the curtains. Opal carefully pulled it back to reveal inside the large room was a small, brilliantly white Pearlcatcher.

“Moonstone!” Opal cried out, rushing towards her.

“Wait! Opal! What are ya doing?! She could be-” Blueberry was cut off once again as Sekhmet flew past her frantically.

Opal grasped Moonstone in his talons. “Moon… are you hurt?”

“No...” her reply was soft and hushed. An unearthly smile crept along her face. “But I cannot say the same of you...” The mimic unleashed its true form here- once white and brilliant scales turning to dark tendrils. Opal was petrified as he was enveloped- unable to escape.
NOTN1f.png
A loud BOOM reverberated through the chamber, and some of the mimic’s tendrils let up their grasp.

Opal could barely see through the chaos, but he caught glimpses of Sekhmet using her full power, bolts firing in every direction with one powerful flap of her wings. The room was filled with the cacophony of the mimic shrieking and thunderous booms of Sekhmet’s magic.

For Opal, the world went quiet and dark.

Opal… Opal…

Opal’s eyes slowly opened. He was back in the meadow outside of the lair, with Kashell tending to his wounds. “Opal...” Kashell finally spoke, quietly and slowly. “I’m… very glad you’re awake...”

Opal looked around the clearing- there were a few other dragons now back. Dusty and Marble were corraling some fearful hatchlings. Hurricane was back and repairing Ruine. Copper had returned- mostly confused since he was on a mission and had been out of the lair all week before now.

Voidsong, Nightsong, and Sekhmet were flying somewhere above, and at the sight of Opal stirring, they landed beside him.

Sekhmet’s face was dark. “These are all the dragons we’ve been able to recover thus far. We’ve found no more mimics other than those two.”

“We’ve also wasted so much time we could’ve been using finding Shadowsong” Nightsong muttered under her breath. Sekhmet scowled at this but said nothing.

Opal coughed, then composed himself. “Sekhmet,” he started. “Where is it exactly that dragons go when being taken by mimics?”

All eyes were on Sekhmet now. Fear danced in her eyes, but only for a second, and then she spoke:

“Are you strong enough to fly?”
ForumSigWishlist.pngForumSigShopTop.png
ForumSigLore.pngForumSigShopBottom.png
Claim post! *chanting* lore, lore lore! [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23515] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/236/23515.png[/img] [/url] [size=3]The elder, Seaghdha, could see the determination in the little drake's eyes as he gathered him into his gentle claws. He was familiar with such looks, seeing them amidst the darker days of eras long past. But he was not that drake- he was peaceful now, his heart calmed after many moons of grieving for things that once were. "We are not entirely without defense, little one." he rumbled gently, his claws catching on loose gravel caught in the youngling's scales. "We all have seen things over the seasons..." The Nocturne blinked up at the drake as his gaze wandered, mind drifting elsewhere for a moment before he blinked slowly and glance back down at him with a soft expression. "My mate is the healer's apprentice- a title he should long have discarded, but he is a student of medicine at heart, I suppose. He will look after your nest-mate. I will leave you to Nenuial's care now. He will watch over you until we are ready to depart." [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7960059] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/79601/7960059.png[/img] [/url] [size=3]Nenuial was a giant compared to the tiny Nocturne. He peered up at the ominous pelt that covered the majority of the dark drake's snout, the only part of him visible his pale gaze and his great wings, which almost appeared to reflect the starry skies above them. He lowered himself down carefully, revealing several long healed scars along his flank, a gentle purr starting up somewhere deep within his belly as he made no attempt to move toward the youngling. And youngling the pair both were, to be learning such craft, but he had been young once too, and knew better than to underestimate them. They were scared, all of them. The elder drake, for all of them had seen darkness in Sornieth before. The younglings for having lost their mentor before they could complete their studies. And now, they would no doubt embark on a quest that could very well lead them to see their maker. The Nocturne hesitantly moved closer, seeking shelter from the dark shadows that lingered around their border of the healer's circle. Nenuial could not help the small smile that tugged at the edges of his lips as he moved his massive paws out of the way to allow the little thing to take refuge between them. It was a good thing he knew a thing or two about healing himself, having spent so much time on his own as a kit. His majik was a dark blue, reminiscent of the depths of the ocean waters their tribe had once lived in. "Fear not, youngling. It is but my healing majik." he assured, amused at the consequent squeak of uncertainty that the small thing made. "Surely you have questions about we strange drakes. Ask your questions." "But don't you need to know about Thana?" Voidsong asked. "Of course. However, I suspect it will be able to be told as we traverse to where your mentor was taken." Nenuial agreed. "We have a few moments to spare in order to heal and collect ourselves." "Who is that?" Nenuial's great head swung over to the rippling green Spiral, who had twined himself around a nearby boulder, eyes surveying their surroundings with a calm that was unlike most of the excitable drake that Voidsong had seen before. "That is Rhythikos. He is a mighty warrior, and leads a great band of fighters known as the wind-dancers into battle. But the mimics have taken them, too." "Which is why we need to find Thana before it's too late!" Nightsong interrupted, brushing off the healer's touch with a sour expression. "Rythikos, do you have a heading?" Seaghdha inquired, looking up at the Spiral. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7587180] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/75872/7587180.png[/img] [/url] "Aye, though I don't know you'll like it." the Spiral muttered grimly, nose pointed to the sky as he scented for something they couldn't. "Looks like there's a storm brewing over the Sea of a Thousand Currents, but I ain't never seen one look like [i]this [/i]before." And true to his word, there was a great cloud of shadow brewing over the Tidelord's domain, tendrils spiralling out in all directions like spindly clawed fingers. The heaviest of the tendrils, however, were stretched out to the Light and Shadow territories. "That does not bode well." Nenuial said. "Thana will be in the center of it." Voidsong said shakily. "Shadowsong warned us never to abuse our craft or else we would turn out just like her." "She used to be like us." Nightsong continued, looking just as shaken. "But she went a step further and bound herself to another world where the mimics come from. She uses them to do her bidding." "Another Shade wannabe." Rhythikos sighed heavily. "Is it just me or are they getting weirder and weirder with every new incarnation?" "That they are." Seaghdha sighed heavily. "But there is naught to be done for it now. Now, we must go and fight for our clanmates and the lives of the others this Thana has captured." "And if this night is the one I go and meet the Windsinger, let it be to a blaze of glory." Rhythikos agreed cheerfully. "And may I be lucky enough to annoy him enough to get sent back!" Everyone present took a moment to stare at the odd Spiral, who shrugged unrepentantly. ----- [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26106926] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/261070/26106926.png[/img] [/url] Despite the circumstances, Hajari couldn't help but wonder how it was that he and his mate always seemed to get wrapped up in every kind of war, overlord, or interdimensional crisis that came about in Sornieth. It was bad enough that there were a group of Seraph living in their clan- but this kind of thing was a whole other level. Seaghdha had well earned his elder status- should have been somewhere to live out the rest of his very long life with his mate and their clan. But nope, that was not in the cards for them. It was a good thing that these mimics weren't immune to his particular brand of majik, or they were likely to have been overrun the moment that they'd made it to the seething mass of mimics and solid cloud. Solid in the way that the cloudcover had absorbed enough majik of its own that the dragons were able to walk on it. Which was unnerving in its own right, but having two youngling Nocturne to watch out for amid it all was going to make his feathers white at this rate. Thana had made a brief appearance- a Nocturne so twisted by mimic majik she no longer appeared draconic but a seething mass of dragon shaped sludge. Shadowsong was beginning to look the same, her majik being leeched out of her to continue to power the storm around them and destroy Sornieth's mortal plane. [i]Give up, little ones, and I might let you live.[/i] Thana's voice surrounded them, tone thick with amusement. [i]You and I both know you do not have the power to simply fix this.[/i] "Perhaps not, but we are more powerful together." Seaghdha roared back over the gale. Hajari met his gaze, their minds thinking the same thought. It was dangerous, stupidly so, but it might just fix everything and bring back their clan from Thana's grasp. They reached out over the malicious giggling of the mimics, twining their claws together as their innate majiks swelled to the surface of their skin. Their eyes glowed brightly as they channelled the golden light through themselves and burned away the mimics trying to surround them. "Is now a bad time to say I love you?" Hajari couldn't help but laugh. "Love you too." Seaghdha replied with a smile as the light engulfed them both, an explosive blast going off seconds later. ----- [size=2]Seaghdha and Hajari both sacrificed their majik to banish Thana's mimics and fully reveal herself to the others. Nenuial was blinded due to being too close to the Skydancers when their majik imploded. Rhythikos somehow escaped unharmed- his theory continues to be that Windsinger was not ready for him yet. (Nor would he ever be). Shadowsong's majik was depleted, and she suffered some measure of memory loss for several moons afterward, but she, Voidsong and Nightsong stayed with the rescued clan until she was fit to take her apprentices with her.
Claim post! *chanting* lore, lore lore!

23515.png

The elder, Seaghdha, could see the determination in the little drake's eyes as he gathered him into his gentle claws. He was familiar with such looks, seeing them amidst the darker days of eras long past. But he was not that drake- he was peaceful now, his heart calmed after many moons of grieving for things that once were.

"We are not entirely without defense, little one." he rumbled gently, his claws catching on loose gravel caught in the youngling's scales. "We all have seen things over the seasons..."

The Nocturne blinked up at the drake as his gaze wandered, mind drifting elsewhere for a moment before he blinked slowly and glance back down at him with a soft expression. "My mate is the healer's apprentice- a title he should long have discarded, but he is a student of medicine at heart, I suppose. He will look after your nest-mate. I will leave you to Nenuial's care now. He will watch over you until we are ready to depart."

7960059.png

Nenuial was a giant compared to the tiny Nocturne. He peered up at the ominous pelt that covered the majority of the dark drake's snout, the only part of him visible his pale gaze and his great wings, which almost appeared to reflect the starry skies above them.

He lowered himself down carefully, revealing several long healed scars along his flank, a gentle purr starting up somewhere deep within his belly as he made no attempt to move toward the youngling. And youngling the pair both were, to be learning such craft, but he had been young once too, and knew better than to underestimate them.

They were scared, all of them. The elder drake, for all of them had seen darkness in Sornieth before. The younglings for having lost their mentor before they could complete their studies. And now, they would no doubt embark on a quest that could very well lead them to see their maker.

The Nocturne hesitantly moved closer, seeking shelter from the dark shadows that lingered around their border of the healer's circle. Nenuial could not help the small smile that tugged at the edges of his lips as he moved his massive paws out of the way to allow the little thing to take refuge between them. It was a good thing he knew a thing or two about healing himself, having spent so much time on his own as a kit. His majik was a dark blue, reminiscent of the depths of the ocean waters their tribe had once lived in.

"Fear not, youngling. It is but my healing majik." he assured, amused at the consequent squeak of uncertainty that the small thing made. "Surely you have questions about we strange drakes. Ask your questions."

"But don't you need to know about Thana?" Voidsong asked.

"Of course. However, I suspect it will be able to be told as we traverse to where your mentor was taken." Nenuial agreed. "We have a few moments to spare in order to heal and collect ourselves."

"Who is that?"

Nenuial's great head swung over to the rippling green Spiral, who had twined himself around a nearby boulder, eyes surveying their surroundings with a calm that was unlike most of the excitable drake that Voidsong had seen before.

"That is Rhythikos. He is a mighty warrior, and leads a great band of fighters known as the wind-dancers into battle. But the mimics have taken them, too."

"Which is why we need to find Thana before it's too late!" Nightsong interrupted, brushing off the healer's touch with a sour expression.

"Rythikos, do you have a heading?" Seaghdha inquired, looking up at the Spiral.

7587180.png

"Aye, though I don't know you'll like it." the Spiral muttered grimly, nose pointed to the sky as he scented for something they couldn't. "Looks like there's a storm brewing over the Sea of a Thousand Currents, but I ain't never seen one look like this before."

And true to his word, there was a great cloud of shadow brewing over the Tidelord's domain, tendrils spiralling out in all directions like spindly clawed fingers. The heaviest of the tendrils, however, were stretched out to the Light and Shadow territories.

"That does not bode well." Nenuial said.

"Thana will be in the center of it." Voidsong said shakily. "Shadowsong warned us never to abuse our craft or else we would turn out just like her."

"She used to be like us." Nightsong continued, looking just as shaken. "But she went a step further and bound herself to another world where the mimics come from. She uses them to do her bidding."

"Another Shade wannabe." Rhythikos sighed heavily. "Is it just me or are they getting weirder and weirder with every new incarnation?"

"That they are." Seaghdha sighed heavily. "But there is naught to be done for it now. Now, we must go and fight for our clanmates and the lives of the others this Thana has captured."

"And if this night is the one I go and meet the Windsinger, let it be to a blaze of glory." Rhythikos agreed cheerfully. "And may I be lucky enough to annoy him enough to get sent back!"

Everyone present took a moment to stare at the odd Spiral, who shrugged unrepentantly.

26106926.png

Despite the circumstances, Hajari couldn't help but wonder how it was that he and his mate always seemed to get wrapped up in every kind of war, overlord, or interdimensional crisis that came about in Sornieth. It was bad enough that there were a group of Seraph living in their clan- but this kind of thing was a whole other level.

Seaghdha had well earned his elder status- should have been somewhere to live out the rest of his very long life with his mate and their clan. But nope, that was not in the cards for them.

It was a good thing that these mimics weren't immune to his particular brand of majik, or they were likely to have been overrun the moment that they'd made it to the seething mass of mimics and solid cloud.

Solid in the way that the cloudcover had absorbed enough majik of its own that the dragons were able to walk on it. Which was unnerving in its own right, but having two youngling Nocturne to watch out for amid it all was going to make his feathers white at this rate.

Thana had made a brief appearance- a Nocturne so twisted by mimic majik she no longer appeared draconic but a seething mass of dragon shaped sludge. Shadowsong was beginning to look the same, her majik being leeched out of her to continue to power the storm around them and destroy Sornieth's mortal plane.

Give up, little ones, and I might let you live. Thana's voice surrounded them, tone thick with amusement. You and I both know you do not have the power to simply fix this.

"Perhaps not, but we are more powerful together." Seaghdha roared back over the gale. Hajari met his gaze, their minds thinking the same thought. It was dangerous, stupidly so, but it might just fix everything and bring back their clan from Thana's grasp.

They reached out over the malicious giggling of the mimics, twining their claws together as their innate majiks swelled to the surface of their skin. Their eyes glowed brightly as they channelled the golden light through themselves and burned away the mimics trying to surround them.

"Is now a bad time to say I love you?" Hajari couldn't help but laugh.

"Love you too." Seaghdha replied with a smile as the light engulfed them both, an explosive blast going off seconds later.

Seaghdha and Hajari both sacrificed their majik to banish Thana's mimics and fully reveal herself to the others.
Nenuial was blinded due to being too close to the Skydancers when their majik imploded.
Rhythikos somehow escaped unharmed- his theory continues to be that Windsinger was not ready for him yet. (Nor would he ever be).
Shadowsong's majik was depleted, and she suffered some measure of memory loss for several moons afterward, but she, Voidsong and Nightsong stayed with the rescued clan until she was fit to take her apprentices with her.
4278d7eab37f96899ac362a1f4f2e308abaa4256.png
“The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Claim post
Claim post
ezgif-6-6f24ffe4add1.gif
first page babey!! [columns][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44093692] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/440937/44093692.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44055864] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/440559/44055864.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48303488] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/483035/48303488.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54727103] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/547272/54727103.png[/img] [/url][/columns] ------------------------- Persephone shuddered. “Just like I thought,” she whispered. Jade put a wing over her daughter as Koi stepped towards the Nocturnes, who started at the appearance of the larger dragons.“We saw what happened,” Koi explained. “We’d like to help.” The blue Nocturne nodded shakily. “We could use some help.” Koi beckoned Jade, Persephone, and Frith forward. “Persephone, can you sense where they went?” The young Spiral went as still as she could, holding her head in her talons. After a moment, she raised it. “That way,” she said, pointing at a point on the distant horizon. Koi shot a worried glance at Jade. “That’s the way home,” she said, a touch of worry in her voice. “Let’s go.” As they came within sight of the Clan of Wandering Souls’ spires, Persephone stopped, her head turning from side to side. “Something’s not right,” she whispered. The blue Nocturne, Nightsong, nodded. “That’s the mimics,” she growled. “Be wary.” The group continued on, every step filled with caution. Frith gave a low growl. “Something’s wrong.” From out of the spires, a swarm of shadows flowed. Frith roared, “Get down!” Koi gathered the smaller dragons behind her as Frith exhaled a torrent of flame, melting the shadows like ice. Beyond the dark curtain lay a scene of chaos: the clan was under attack. The clan’s inhabitants were locked in combat with mimics and living shadows. Flashes of elemental magic and roars of pain and rage emanated from the city and the underground entrances. “Oh no!” Koi roared, knocking away a mimic with her tail. “We’ve got to find Thana,” Nightsong said, shouting to be heard over the noise. “Over there!” She pointed to the largest underground opening, which was spewing shadows like a fountain. The group quickly made their way over and dove in. They made their way quickly through the tunnels, which were eerily dark compared to their usual well-lit brightness. Rounding a corner, they came into a wide atrium. The caves along its walls, which were usually bustling with activity, were silent. Banners hanging from walkways and ropes, usually waving with the wind of passing dragons, were still. “Which way?” Jade said, coming out from behind Koi. “There are dozens of passages from here.” The Nocturne siblings came forward, muttering to each other. “There,” Voidsong said, pointing to a tunnel flanked by banners with the Shadow flight’s insignia. “That’s the way we need to go.” Deeper and deeper they went. Frith’s fire made quick work of any mimics they came across, and Persephone’s abilities, along with Nightsong and Voidsong, led them straight to the deepest point of the lair. As they came up on the antechamber that Andromeda, the clan’s ambassadress of the Shadow flight, lived in, Persephone gave a violent shiver. “This is it,” she said. “She’s here.” The dragons readied themselves for battle, but before they could make their entrance, a voice called to them. “Don’t be afraid, now,” it called. Nightsong and Voidsong started and glanced at each other. “Is that………..?” Jade whispered. The Nocturne siblings nodded. “It’s Thana.” Nightsong growled. Voidsong peeked his head around the corner and gasped. “Shadowsong’s there!” he whispered. “We have to rescue her!” Koi smiled, tail twitching in anticipation. “We wouldn’t think of anything different.” The group stepped into the cavern. Across the floor, perched on a stalagmite and draped in haunting ribbons and jewels, stood Thana. Beside her on the ground lay Shadowsong, wrapped in coils of shadow. “Ah, how nice of you to finally show yourselves, instead of lurking on the sidelines,” Thana trilled, clapping her talons. “And the little Singers too!” Koi took a step forward. “We are here at the aid of these two,” she said, her voice clear. “We ask that you release Shadowsong, and call off your mimics.” Thana laughed. “And why would I want to do that?” she asked. “You’ve got a very nice home here! Why, I think I’ll stay a while!” She spread her wings, and the shadows around the edge of the room began to writhe. Koi snarled. “We have a very simple request, and it’s not for you to stay here!” She spread her wings, and gave the signal to attack. Frith roared a gout of flame, burning off the shadows. Jade and Persephone quickly flew around the edges of the room, laying down lanterns they had picked up at the main atrium. Frith’s residual fire was enough to light them, and provide ample light to shield them from Thana’s shadows. Nightsong and Voidsong approached her, snarling. Frith stepped forward too, more fire boiling in his jaws. Thana held up her talons in mock surrender. “Oh, well, I suppose you’ve got me,” she snickered. “Fine. Take your precious mentor. But you won’t catch me!” She disappeared into the shadows behind her, where the lanterns couldn’t reach, leaving Shadowsong behind. The shadows binding her dissolved at a touch from Nightsong, and the black Nocturne stretched her wings. “My thanks,” she said, tipping her head towards the four dragons. “And I commend you for your bravery standing up to my sister. But, I don’t think that’s the last we’ll see of her.” Koi smiled and dipped her head. “I thought so. We’ll keep an eye out for her, and I think we’ve got some friends who’d be more than happy to help us find her.” “Until then!” Shadowsong took the two young Nocturnes under her wings, and the three were gone in a blink.
first page babey!!

44093692.png

44055864.png

48303488.png

54727103.png

Persephone shuddered. “Just like I thought,” she whispered. Jade put a wing over her daughter as Koi stepped towards the Nocturnes, who started at the appearance of the larger dragons.“We saw what happened,” Koi explained. “We’d like to help.”

The blue Nocturne nodded shakily. “We could use some help.” Koi beckoned Jade, Persephone, and Frith forward. “Persephone, can you sense where they went?” The young Spiral went as still as she could, holding her head in her talons. After a moment, she raised it. “That way,” she said, pointing at a point on the distant horizon. Koi shot a worried glance at Jade. “That’s the way home,” she said, a touch of worry in her voice. “Let’s go.”

As they came within sight of the Clan of Wandering Souls’ spires, Persephone stopped, her head turning from side to side. “Something’s not right,” she whispered. The blue Nocturne, Nightsong, nodded. “That’s the mimics,” she growled. “Be wary.” The group continued on, every step filled with caution. Frith gave a low growl. “Something’s wrong.”

From out of the spires, a swarm of shadows flowed. Frith roared, “Get down!” Koi gathered the smaller dragons behind her as Frith exhaled a torrent of flame, melting the shadows like ice. Beyond the dark curtain lay a scene of chaos: the clan was under attack.

The clan’s inhabitants were locked in combat with mimics and living shadows. Flashes of elemental magic and roars of pain and rage emanated from the city and the underground entrances. “Oh no!” Koi roared, knocking away a mimic with her tail. “We’ve got to find Thana,” Nightsong said, shouting to be heard over the noise. “Over there!” She pointed to the largest underground opening, which was spewing shadows like a fountain. The group quickly made their way over and dove in.
They made their way quickly through the tunnels, which were eerily dark compared to their usual well-lit brightness. Rounding a corner, they came into a wide atrium. The caves along its walls, which were usually bustling with activity, were silent. Banners hanging from walkways and ropes, usually waving with the wind of passing dragons, were still.

“Which way?” Jade said, coming out from behind Koi. “There are dozens of passages from here.” The Nocturne siblings came forward, muttering to each other. “There,” Voidsong said, pointing to a tunnel flanked by banners with the Shadow flight’s insignia. “That’s the way we need to go.”

Deeper and deeper they went. Frith’s fire made quick work of any mimics they came across, and Persephone’s abilities, along with Nightsong and Voidsong, led them straight to the deepest point of the lair. As they came up on the antechamber that Andromeda, the clan’s ambassadress of the Shadow flight, lived in, Persephone gave a violent shiver. “This is it,” she said. “She’s here.” The dragons readied themselves for battle, but before they could make their entrance, a voice called to them.

“Don’t be afraid, now,” it called. Nightsong and Voidsong started and glanced at each other. “Is that………..?” Jade whispered. The Nocturne siblings nodded. “It’s Thana.” Nightsong growled. Voidsong peeked his head around the corner and gasped. “Shadowsong’s there!” he whispered. “We have to rescue her!” Koi smiled, tail twitching in anticipation. “We wouldn’t think of anything different.”

The group stepped into the cavern. Across the floor, perched on a stalagmite and draped in haunting ribbons and jewels, stood Thana. Beside her on the ground lay Shadowsong, wrapped in coils of shadow. “Ah, how nice of you to finally show yourselves, instead of lurking on the sidelines,” Thana trilled, clapping her talons. “And the little Singers too!” Koi took a step forward. “We are here at the aid of these two,” she said, her voice clear. “We ask that you release Shadowsong, and call off your mimics.”

Thana laughed. “And why would I want to do that?” she asked. “You’ve got a very nice home here! Why, I think I’ll stay a while!” She spread her wings, and the shadows around the edge of the room began to writhe.

Koi snarled. “We have a very simple request, and it’s not for you to stay here!” She spread her wings, and gave the signal to attack. Frith roared a gout of flame, burning off the shadows. Jade and Persephone quickly flew around the edges of the room, laying down lanterns they had picked up at the main atrium. Frith’s residual fire was enough to light them, and provide ample light to shield them from Thana’s shadows. Nightsong and Voidsong approached her, snarling. Frith stepped forward too, more fire boiling in his jaws.

Thana held up her talons in mock surrender. “Oh, well, I suppose you’ve got me,” she snickered. “Fine. Take your precious mentor. But you won’t catch me!” She disappeared into the shadows behind her, where the lanterns couldn’t reach, leaving Shadowsong behind. The shadows binding her dissolved at a touch from Nightsong, and the black Nocturne stretched her wings. “My thanks,” she said, tipping her head towards the four dragons. “And I commend you for your bravery standing up to my sister. But, I don’t think that’s the last we’ll see of her.”

Koi smiled and dipped her head. “I thought so. We’ll keep an eye out for her, and I think we’ve got some friends who’d be more than happy to help us find her.”
“Until then!” Shadowsong took the two young Nocturnes under her wings, and the three were gone in a blink.
-fandragon quest!
-wishlist
-clan lore
1c8q357.png dhkbN3a.png
Claim post!! Edit: FIRST PAGE BOIS! I will be using these dragons! [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50175094] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/501751/50175094_350.png[/img] [/url] Reo! [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51098653] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/510987/51098653_350.png[/img] [/url] Cassiopeia! [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57152198] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/571522/57152198_350.png[/img] [/url] Zina! Annnnnd [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=56266309] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/562664/56266309_350.png[/img] [/url] Zariah!
Claim post!!
Edit: FIRST PAGE BOIS!
I will be using these dragons!

50175094_350.png

Reo!

51098653_350.png

Cassiopeia!

57152198_350.png

Zina!

Annnnnd

56266309_350.png

Zariah!
Nikame
+3 FR
She/her
TZWpEkd.gif
Just a note that Gliese (Skydancer) is a scry [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49346648] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/493467/49346648_350.png[/img] [/url] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=323341&skin=0&apparel=25348,4320,24245,21222,21845,30072,29002,12921,3638,17920,17893,30080&xt=dressing.png[/img] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51442526] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/514426/51442526_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51447812] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/514479/51447812_350.png[/img] [/url] Opportunity darted around the two Nocturnes, worry building up inside of her as she noticed more and more injuries "Oh Arcanist those look bad," she said to Nightsong "what was that thing you fought? I've never seen anything like it!" "Mimics," Gliese answered instead, the usually joyful Skydancer had a strangely solemn tone to her voice "exposure to pure Mimic energy like that can't be good. I've only heard about them in stories, but every story tells of the harm that comes to any who fight the Mimics," she stared forwards towards the campfire, the firelight casting shadows on her face, Opportunity had never seen her friend so serious and frightened. Suddenly, a rustle in the bushes made the four dragons jump, but they calmed a little when two familiar faces poked through the leaves. The two Nocturne sisters, Garnet and Citrine, came and sat beside the fire and passed around some insects they had caught, Opportunity noticed with a small sigh of relief that they were both unharmed "Looks like they've truly gone then," Citrine reported "and they've taken your friend with them," she added darkly "I'm afraid we didn't find any traces of her..." Garnet said as she handed Voidsong another insect "but we can keep looking if you'd like? We haven't tried-" "Oppy, Citrine, Garnet!" A voice interrupted her "I'm so glad I found you! Something's attacking the Clan and we need everyone back to help! Gliese, you can come too if you want" "Helios slow down," Opportunity said, flying towards the Skydancer as he landed "What's happening?" She prompted the messenger "Sorry," he began "there's something back home, it's got powerful magic and anyone that fights it ends up beaten in seconds, plus it's able to teleport! I've already been to Clan Starchasers for backup but we need you back," he said as rushed as before. Voidsong and Nightsong spoke to each other in fast whispers and Gliese came to stand beside Opportunity "sounds like those Mimics we saw before, we'll come straight away... If I'm allowed that is" she added quietly, "We need all the help we can get, of course you can come!" Helios said as he launched into the air "come on!" The six dragons arrived at the Celestial Seekers home to find it in complete turmoil, dragons flew around the mountain, defending it from the attacking Mimics. Opportunity noticed the Leader, Celestial, flying towards the creatures with a group of dragons behind him, then she saw Orion, the co-leader, leading injured dragons to the cave that led deep inside the mountain. Suddenly a whole Clan of dragons flew overhead to join the battle [i]the Starchasers![/i] she thought as she saw familiar colours speed towards the mountain. The small group of dragons sped up and launched into battle, dodging blasts of magic and stray Mimics. Opportunity caught one in the air and she shoved it towards the ground. Before it hit, the creature disappeared and reappeared above her head. The last thing she remembered was the Mimic striking her before she drifted out of consciousness.
Just a note that Gliese (Skydancer) is a scry

49346648_350.png

scry?sdid=323341&skin=0&apparel=25348,4320,24245,21222,21845,30072,29002,12921,3638,17920,17893,30080&xt=dressing.png

51442526_350.png

51447812_350.png

Opportunity darted around the two Nocturnes, worry building up inside of her as she noticed more and more injuries "Oh Arcanist those look bad," she said to Nightsong "what was that thing you fought? I've never seen anything like it!"
"Mimics," Gliese answered instead, the usually joyful Skydancer had a strangely solemn tone to her voice "exposure to pure Mimic energy like that can't be good. I've only heard about them in stories, but every story tells of the harm that comes to any who fight the Mimics," she stared forwards towards the campfire, the firelight casting shadows on her face, Opportunity had never seen her friend so serious and frightened. Suddenly, a rustle in the bushes made the four dragons jump, but they calmed a little when two familiar faces poked through the leaves. The two Nocturne sisters, Garnet and Citrine, came and sat beside the fire and passed around some insects they had caught, Opportunity noticed with a small sigh of relief that they were both unharmed "Looks like they've truly gone then," Citrine reported "and they've taken your friend with them," she added darkly
"I'm afraid we didn't find any traces of her..." Garnet said as she handed Voidsong another insect "but we can keep looking if you'd like? We haven't tried-"
"Oppy, Citrine, Garnet!" A voice interrupted her "I'm so glad I found you! Something's attacking the Clan and we need everyone back to help! Gliese, you can come too if you want"
"Helios slow down," Opportunity said, flying towards the Skydancer as he landed "What's happening?" She prompted the messenger
"Sorry," he began "there's something back home, it's got powerful magic and anyone that fights it ends up beaten in seconds, plus it's able to teleport! I've already been to Clan Starchasers for backup but we need you back," he said as rushed as before. Voidsong and Nightsong spoke to each other in fast whispers and Gliese came to stand beside Opportunity "sounds like those Mimics we saw before, we'll come straight away... If I'm allowed that is" she added quietly,
"We need all the help we can get, of course you can come!" Helios said as he launched into the air "come on!"

The six dragons arrived at the Celestial Seekers home to find it in complete turmoil, dragons flew around the mountain, defending it from the attacking Mimics. Opportunity noticed the Leader, Celestial, flying towards the creatures with a group of dragons behind him, then she saw Orion, the co-leader, leading injured dragons to the cave that led deep inside the mountain. Suddenly a whole Clan of dragons flew overhead to join the battle the Starchasers! she thought as she saw familiar colours speed towards the mountain. The small group of dragons sped up and launched into battle, dodging blasts of magic and stray Mimics. Opportunity caught one in the air and she shoved it towards the ground. Before it hit, the creature disappeared and reappeared above her head. The last thing she remembered was the Mimic striking her before she drifted out of consciousness.
Formerly IcyWolfDragon
She/her
FR+8
arcaneanim1.gif
Claim post! Can't wait to write this lore! I'll be using... (subject to change maybe) [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13934495] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/139345/13934495_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18071171] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/180712/18071171_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25992198] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/259922/25992198_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38496681] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/384967/38496681_350.png[/img] [/url]
Claim post! Can't wait to write this lore!

I'll be using... (subject to change maybe)

13934495_350.png

18071171_350.png

25992198_350.png

38496681_350.png
[center][size=5]WIP[/size][/center] [columns][center][color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42168041][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/421681/42168041.png[/img][/url] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][size=4][i][b]SERAPHINA[/b], The Healer[/i][/size] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44887386][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/448874/44887386.png[/img][/url] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][size=4][i][b]ADRIANNE[/b], The Mage[/i][/size][/center][nextcol] [center] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [size=4][i][b]SAPPHIRE[/b], The Elder[/i][/size] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44741794][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/447418/44741794.png[/img][/url] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [size=4][i][b]VEE[/b], The Brawler[/i][/size] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50927289][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/509273/50927289.png[/img][/url][/columns] --------------- “As soon as we’re healed, we have to go,” Voidsong said. “If we don’t rescue Shadowsong before this long night ends, she’ll be Thana’s forever.” "Now hold on there," The tundra spoke up again, staring down at the twins with pity in his eyes. "I understand your urgency but you likely won't be able to make it on your own. As you well know, the mimics are powerful creatures with terrifying powers and with your spells gone and the injuries you've obtained, your chances of survival would be slim to none, especially without some kind of rest period. I'm afraid I can't let you leave quite yet." "But that's not fair! We have to save her!" Nightsong cried, turning her head to her brother and gesturing for him to back her up. "[i]However,[/i]" The elder asserted, ignoring the Nocturnes pleads. "I do have a proposition to make. My team and I have some previous contact with mimics, albeit in varying levels. I'm sure they would all be willing to help you get Shadowsong back. Now go talk to the Ridgeback over there. She'll help get you tidied up a little while I discuss helping you with the others." -------------- "...So, can I rely on you two to help?" Quiet. They had no idea what they were supposed to say or how they were supposed to react. The two warriors glared over at the Tundra before turning to face each other, as if they were trying to decode each others thoughts. After what felt like an eternity, a gentle, yet muffled voice broke the silence. "Are you certain this plan will work? As much as I would love to help these two, I don't particularly want to die in the process." "I'm certain you won't die, Adri. None of us will die." It didn't take an expert to hear the uncertainty in his voice. Despite Sapphires blatant doubtfulness, the two agreed to help out. -------------
WIP
xxxxxxxxxxxxx42168041.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxSERAPHINA, The Healer
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx44887386.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxADRIANNE, The Mage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
SAPPHIRE, The Elder
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
44741794.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
VEE, The Brawler
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
50927289.png

“As soon as we’re healed, we have to go,” Voidsong said. “If we don’t rescue Shadowsong before this long night ends, she’ll be Thana’s forever.”

"Now hold on there," The tundra spoke up again, staring down at the twins with pity in his eyes. "I understand your urgency but you likely won't be able to make it on your own. As you well know, the mimics are powerful creatures with terrifying powers and with your spells gone and the injuries you've obtained, your chances of survival would be slim to none, especially without some kind of rest period. I'm afraid I can't let you leave quite yet."

"But that's not fair! We have to save her!" Nightsong cried, turning her head to her brother and gesturing for him to back her up.

"However," The elder asserted, ignoring the Nocturnes pleads. "I do have a proposition to make. My team and I have some previous contact with mimics, albeit in varying levels. I'm sure they would all be willing to help you get Shadowsong back. Now go talk to the Ridgeback over there. She'll help get you tidied up a little while I discuss helping you with the others."

"...So, can I rely on you two to help?"

Quiet. They had no idea what they were supposed to say or how they were supposed to react. The two warriors glared over at the Tundra before turning to face each other, as if they were trying to decode each others thoughts. After what felt like an eternity, a gentle, yet muffled voice broke the silence.

"Are you certain this plan will work? As much as I would love to help these two, I don't particularly want to die in the process."

"I'm certain you won't die, Adri. None of us will die."

It didn't take an expert to hear the uncertainty in his voice. Despite Sapphires blatant doubtfulness, the two agreed to help out.
G6ImtVd.png
(First page, I'll take it) [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16298643] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/162987/16298643_350.png[/img] [/url] Darkstar [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15925070] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/159251/15925070_350.png[/img] [/url] Michelle [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57588444] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/575885/57588444_350.png[/img] [/url] Voidcaller [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55588430] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/555885/55588430_350.png[/img] [/url] Vojahr the Dreaded Darkstar and Michelle use stealthy techniques to trap the mimics before they act, Voidcaller and Vojahr use powerful spells to disperse the mimic magic, both pairs work as a team sometimes in unison other times by ones self They do survive however Darkstar loses his vision and must rely on his other senses with Michelle to help if ever he needs it. Vojahr becomes crippled and uses a proxy to get around. Voidcaller and Michelle only walk away with minor injuries that will heal over time.
(First page, I'll take it)

16298643_350.png

Darkstar

15925070_350.png

Michelle

57588444_350.png

Voidcaller

55588430_350.png

Vojahr the Dreaded

Darkstar and Michelle use stealthy techniques to trap the mimics before they act, Voidcaller and Vojahr use powerful spells to disperse the mimic magic, both pairs work as a team sometimes in unison other times by ones self

They do survive however Darkstar loses his vision and must rely on his other senses with Michelle to help if ever he needs it. Vojahr becomes crippled and uses a proxy to get around. Voidcaller and Michelle only walk away with minor injuries that will heal over time.
uSYXICI.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7