Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [IC/PC] One-off XXY Black/Obsidian/Tan
1 2
@HenryJekyll

For most colors that is the case, but Black and Obsidian are both highly, highly sought after, as are xxy-ish dark dragons. Here's the AH search I used for comparables - Oilslick-Eldritch in the first two slots, nothing in the tert. As you can see, the lowest listing is 1kg for an Eldritch/Black/Grape kid, and your tert is just objectively better.
@HenryJekyll

For most colors that is the case, but Black and Obsidian are both highly, highly sought after, as are xxy-ish dark dragons. Here's the AH search I used for comparables - Oilslick-Eldritch in the first two slots, nothing in the tert. As you can see, the lowest listing is 1kg for an Eldritch/Black/Grape kid, and your tert is just objectively better.
38082415sig.png
Kavryn [ Kav-r-y-n ] | » Level 25 Lair Challenge « | » G1 Sales «
Also, he's an XYZ, but he's also one-off XXY, so he's worth more than your average XYZ just on the value of that alone.
Also, he's an XYZ, but he's also one-off XXY, so he's worth more than your average XYZ just on the value of that alone.
38082415sig.png
Kavryn [ Kav-r-y-n ] | » Level 25 Lair Challenge « | » G1 Sales «
@HenryJekyll

Yeah, this guy would be worth waaay more than your averages given the Black/Obs colors and that he's 1-off XXY. XXY and XYY are more valuable at times than XYX alone and more wanted, typically. PLUS, he also has a matching eye color/flight with his tert, extra bonus points. I mean you do have the fact that it's a new breed too, which helps a bit in your favor, during this hype ;)

It'd be able to get well over 1kg easily, given what Kavryn shared :) I'd recommenced an auction personally.
@HenryJekyll

Yeah, this guy would be worth waaay more than your averages given the Black/Obs colors and that he's 1-off XXY. XXY and XYY are more valuable at times than XYX alone and more wanted, typically. PLUS, he also has a matching eye color/flight with his tert, extra bonus points. I mean you do have the fact that it's a new breed too, which helps a bit in your favor, during this hype ;)

It'd be able to get well over 1kg easily, given what Kavryn shared :) I'd recommenced an auction personally.
@Kavryn @Potatoe
Thank you both for the insight! I’ll definitely keep all of this in mind should something like this come up again! I thought he would be worth something, but I delve so little into the GenOne market that I don’t really know that much about what’s valuable. I knew one-offs are generally worth more than normal XYZs, and that Obsidian and Black hold some value on them, but I didn’t really know how much that influenced the value. Same with matching eyes since I always thought that more influenced who would buy rather than value.

Got in contact with my friend and there likely will be an auction held for this guy. I’ve never done an auction before, so do either of you have pointers? I’d personally prefer looking for someone to help set it up since I don’t trust myself with it, but I can probably host it if needed.
@Kavryn @Potatoe
Thank you both for the insight! I’ll definitely keep all of this in mind should something like this come up again! I thought he would be worth something, but I delve so little into the GenOne market that I don’t really know that much about what’s valuable. I knew one-offs are generally worth more than normal XYZs, and that Obsidian and Black hold some value on them, but I didn’t really know how much that influenced the value. Same with matching eyes since I always thought that more influenced who would buy rather than value.

Got in contact with my friend and there likely will be an auction held for this guy. I’ve never done an auction before, so do either of you have pointers? I’d personally prefer looking for someone to help set it up since I don’t trust myself with it, but I can probably host it if needed.
gQ7u2pY.pnglIvZUb1.png47O9KMz.png
@HenryJekyll

SilverQuark runs an auctioning service that can be found here, if it's of any help to you. There are probably more auctioning services in the Items for Sale area, but SiverQuark's is the one I've used in the past.
@HenryJekyll

SilverQuark runs an auctioning service that can be found here, if it's of any help to you. There are probably more auctioning services in the Items for Sale area, but SiverQuark's is the one I've used in the past.
wCtmyuR.png Avatar Dragon | Molten Lava Subspecies

“Life is like a piano; the white keys represent happiness and the black show sadness. But as you go through life's journey, remember that the black keys also create music.” - Ehssan
RClY3u4.gif GwKdven.png
@Birdsofwax
Thanks for the reference! I’ll be sure to show this to my friend, and hopefully an auction will be up here soon!
@Birdsofwax
Thanks for the reference! I’ll be sure to show this to my friend, and hopefully an auction will be up here soon!
gQ7u2pY.pnglIvZUb1.png47O9KMz.png
1 2