Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Gladelings - A Nature Subspecies
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 33 34
(Pinging people who gave me ideas on eyes a few days ago)
@Ketchalin @TheTokenBrit @Kittymari @PurpleTartan

Hey guys! I'm working on fleshing out information on different types of Watchers today, and here is what I have come up with so far. I need opinions!
  • Glowing Eyes: Gladelings with Glowing Eyes have sharper vision than other dragons, and can see well even at great distances. Their eyes also allow them the ability to see infrared frequencies that allow them to see well even in pitch dark, as well as the ability to see ultra-violet frequencies. ****
  • Multi-Gaze: Gladelings with Multi-Gaze have many sets of eyes that run the length of their bodies. These many eyes, while not exceptional in themselves, afford these dragons a 360-degree view of their surroundings, and the ability to easily view objects from many perspectives at once. These Gladelings are prized as lookouts for this reason.
  • Facet: Gladelings with Facet Eyes can see ultraviolet wavelengths that other dragons cannot, which makes them excellent at differentiating plants or objects that may look the same to others, but does not give them an advantage in low light. They have a wider visual range than most dragons, but not the 360-degree view of their Multi-Gaze cousins. These Gladelings tend to have an affinity for flowers.
  • Dark Sclera: Gladelings with Dark Scleras can see infrared frequencies that allow them to see well in the dark. ****
  • Goat: Gladelings with Goat Eyes have a wider field of view than most, as well as different color perception, which makes them excellent at finding things. These Gladelings also have an instinctual knowledge of and resistance to toxic plants, and this combined with their eyesight means that they make excellent field guides for their clans. Some of them also enjoy climbing.

I tried to give them all different strengths and characteristics. Facet was based on the vision of bees, and we have already kind of discussed Goat eyes so I just wrote that out.

For Multi-Gaze, can anyone think of a clan role or anything else that they would be particularly suited for with their particular strengths? And does anyone have additional ideas for Dark Sclera? Those two areas are where my creativity has failed me until I drink more coffee.

Let me know what you all think!
(Pinging people who gave me ideas on eyes a few days ago)
@Ketchalin @TheTokenBrit @Kittymari @PurpleTartan

Hey guys! I'm working on fleshing out information on different types of Watchers today, and here is what I have come up with so far. I need opinions!
  • Glowing Eyes: Gladelings with Glowing Eyes have sharper vision than other dragons, and can see well even at great distances. Their eyes also allow them the ability to see infrared frequencies that allow them to see well even in pitch dark, as well as the ability to see ultra-violet frequencies. ****
  • Multi-Gaze: Gladelings with Multi-Gaze have many sets of eyes that run the length of their bodies. These many eyes, while not exceptional in themselves, afford these dragons a 360-degree view of their surroundings, and the ability to easily view objects from many perspectives at once. These Gladelings are prized as lookouts for this reason.
  • Facet: Gladelings with Facet Eyes can see ultraviolet wavelengths that other dragons cannot, which makes them excellent at differentiating plants or objects that may look the same to others, but does not give them an advantage in low light. They have a wider visual range than most dragons, but not the 360-degree view of their Multi-Gaze cousins. These Gladelings tend to have an affinity for flowers.
  • Dark Sclera: Gladelings with Dark Scleras can see infrared frequencies that allow them to see well in the dark. ****
  • Goat: Gladelings with Goat Eyes have a wider field of view than most, as well as different color perception, which makes them excellent at finding things. These Gladelings also have an instinctual knowledge of and resistance to toxic plants, and this combined with their eyesight means that they make excellent field guides for their clans. Some of them also enjoy climbing.

I tried to give them all different strengths and characteristics. Facet was based on the vision of bees, and we have already kind of discussed Goat eyes so I just wrote that out.

For Multi-Gaze, can anyone think of a clan role or anything else that they would be particularly suited for with their particular strengths? And does anyone have additional ideas for Dark Sclera? Those two areas are where my creativity has failed me until I drink more coffee.

Let me know what you all think!
fNmS9bV.png
kKraFP4.png MUYNhfy.png
VjdktqS.png
WKtl2lb.png
kKraFP4.png Kaliqo.gif
@KalicoKat Multi-gaze definitely sounds like a brilliant guard, alert to possible incoming dangers from any and all directions whether it's a storm or an attack - most like the "stay at home" kind of Watcher as opposed to Guides (like Goat or someone) or Scouts like the others (except Glowing, pretty sure bright eyes would give you away :P)

Unfortunately though, I have nothing really for dark sclera, some animals have a dark sclera but it seems to hold no benefit so there's not much to base it one either - I mean, it says that humans probably evolved white sclera for communication aid (black sclera + dark/brown eyes = harder to tell where they're looking but that doesn't really apply to bright colours like green on black)
@KalicoKat Multi-gaze definitely sounds like a brilliant guard, alert to possible incoming dangers from any and all directions whether it's a storm or an attack - most like the "stay at home" kind of Watcher as opposed to Guides (like Goat or someone) or Scouts like the others (except Glowing, pretty sure bright eyes would give you away :P)

Unfortunately though, I have nothing really for dark sclera, some animals have a dark sclera but it seems to hold no benefit so there's not much to base it one either - I mean, it says that humans probably evolved white sclera for communication aid (black sclera + dark/brown eyes = harder to tell where they're looking but that doesn't really apply to bright colours like green on black)
1OPcRQj.pngYlF4UeT.png kjYDub9.pngYKZq0nt.png
@KalicoKat All of this sounds amazing, I thinking maybe Dark Sclera could have extra sensing abilities for heat signatures much like how snakes hunt, maybe poor natural vision to go with it? :3 Also Multi Gaze could be good sentry guards, though the only multi gaze I have is guardian of forbidden knowledge and tomes, so maybe this could be good role for them? :3
@KalicoKat All of this sounds amazing, I thinking maybe Dark Sclera could have extra sensing abilities for heat signatures much like how snakes hunt, maybe poor natural vision to go with it? :3 Also Multi Gaze could be good sentry guards, though the only multi gaze I have is guardian of forbidden knowledge and tomes, so maybe this could be good role for them? :3
tumblr_inline_pfkgulDiIn1rl0bsp_100.pngGY5Jmcm.png old-oaks-3.png
@TheTokenBrit I like it, that makes a lot of sense! I have a bit for one of my other dergs with Glowing eyes that she has to cover them at night to stay hidden, so I added something about that too. [emoji=guardian happy size=1] @PurpleTartan I love that idea for Dark Sclera! [emoji=guardian laughing size=1] So here is a slightly revised version, changes are underlined. [emoji=guardian happy size=1] [LIST] [*][b]Glowing Eyes:[/b] Gladelings with Glowing Eyes have sharper vision than other dragons, and can see well even at great distances. Their eyes also allow them the ability to see infrared frequencies that allow them to see well even in pitch dark, as well as the ability to see ultra-violet frequencies. [u]These Gladelings are fantastic hunters and trackers, so long as their glowing eyes are hidden from their target.[/u] [*][b]Multi-Gaze:[/b] Gladelings with Multi-Gaze have many sets of eyes that run the length of their bodies. These many eyes, while not exceptional in themselves, afford these dragons a 360-degree view of their surroundings, and the ability to easily view objects from many perspectives at once. [u]These Gladelings are prized as lookouts and guards for this reason.[/u] [*][b]Facet:[/b] Gladelings with Facet Eyes can see ultraviolet wavelengths that other dragons cannot, which makes them excellent at differentiating plants or objects that may look the same to others, but does not give them an advantage in low light. They have a wider visual range than most dragons, but not the 360-degree view of their Multi-Gaze cousins. These Gladelings tend to have an affinity for flowers. [*][b]Dark Sclera:[/b] Gladelings with Dark Scleras can see infrared frequencies that allow them to see well in the dark, [u]though their vision in brighter conditions suffers. They make up for this by using an unusually keen sense of smell and taste to sense their surroundings much like a snake.[/u] [*][b]Goat:[/b] Gladelings with Goat Eyes have a wider field of view than most, as well as different color perception, which makes them excellent at finding things. These Gladelings also have an instinctual knowledge of and resistance to toxic plants, and this combined with their eyesight means that they make excellent field guides for their clans. Some of them also enjoy climbing. [/LIST] What do y'all think?
@TheTokenBrit

I like it, that makes a lot of sense! I have a bit for one of my other dergs with Glowing eyes that she has to cover them at night to stay hidden, so I added something about that too.

@PurpleTartan

I love that idea for Dark Sclera!

So here is a slightly revised version, changes are underlined.
  • Glowing Eyes: Gladelings with Glowing Eyes have sharper vision than other dragons, and can see well even at great distances. Their eyes also allow them the ability to see infrared frequencies that allow them to see well even in pitch dark, as well as the ability to see ultra-violet frequencies. These Gladelings are fantastic hunters and trackers, so long as their glowing eyes are hidden from their target.
  • Multi-Gaze: Gladelings with Multi-Gaze have many sets of eyes that run the length of their bodies. These many eyes, while not exceptional in themselves, afford these dragons a 360-degree view of their surroundings, and the ability to easily view objects from many perspectives at once. These Gladelings are prized as lookouts and guards for this reason.
  • Dark Sclera: Gladelings with Dark Scleras can see infrared frequencies that allow them to see well in the dark, though their vision in brighter conditions suffers. They make up for this by using an unusually keen sense of smell and taste to sense their surroundings much like a snake.

What do y'all think?
fNmS9bV.png
kKraFP4.png MUYNhfy.png
VjdktqS.png
WKtl2lb.png
kKraFP4.png Kaliqo.gif
@KalicoKat I love all of this! This is giving me ideas for lore for my clan too. :'''D
@KalicoKat I love all of this! This is giving me ideas for lore for my clan too. :'''D
@KalicoKat also I just noticed My Polye is under Prophets but should be a watcher I think? As he has faceted eyes :3 ( Sorry for double ping :o )
@KalicoKat also I just noticed My Polye is under Prophets but should be a watcher I think? As he has faceted eyes :3 ( Sorry for double ping :o )
the eye lore is great! thanks so much kalicokat!
the eye lore is great! thanks so much kalicokat!
U1q83DY.pngtumblr_inline_odsdjy0pgR1tvou5h_540.png
@PurpleTartan Thanks! Can you give me his ID number? I'll get that fixed next time I'm at a PC. Sorry I keep mixing these up. [emoji=guardian sad size=1] @Feorin Thank you! I'm glad you like it!
@PurpleTartan Thanks! Can you give me his ID number? I'll get that fixed next time I'm at a PC. Sorry I keep mixing these up.

@Feorin Thank you! I'm glad you like it!
fNmS9bV.png
kKraFP4.png MUYNhfy.png
VjdktqS.png
WKtl2lb.png
kKraFP4.png Kaliqo.gif
@KalicoKat Not a problem, you're doing amazing, mistakes happen, that's life :3 [emoji=familiar heart size=1] His ID is #51919575 I will add his BB below too to maybe make it easier for you. :3 [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51919575] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/519196/51919575_350.png[/img] [/url]
@KalicoKat Not a problem, you're doing amazing, mistakes happen, that's life :3 His ID is #51919575 I will add his BB below too to maybe make it easier for you. :3

51919575_350.png
@KalicoKat

Also with dark sclera-what about them being able to specifically see the shade? Kinda like gaolers with shade-touched, but more accurate/sensitive
@KalicoKat

Also with dark sclera-what about them being able to specifically see the shade? Kinda like gaolers with shade-touched, but more accurate/sensitive
e0e5fe8bc5e2eb71e48268d844d1053a183e4251.gif
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 33 34