Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Share]EtZ W2 - Survival (ended)
1 2 3 4 5 6
@CristorcusHelix
Ghezr stiffened when Kilesa questioned his back, coming to a halt. He was silent for a moment, completely still.

"... it's an old wound. One that never healed. One that trapped me here for the rest of my days."

He sighed shakily, then raised his head to the glowing crater on the horizon.

"One inflicted by the Great Terror itself. I was once a simple traveler exploring this place, but instead of adventure, I got a life sentence."

After a moment, Ghezr flinched, then it sounded as if he sniffed. He shook himself like a wet dog does, then started onward once more. When he spoke again, his more shrill voice was considerably softer.

"Sorry about the solemn subject. The Captain does not want you to feel bad for asking. It is simply what it is."

@myriadofstars
"I understand that. I'm happy to hear you settled over time."

Mion's face was one of acceptance, then grew curious with Faüle's question.

"A faerie and a demon, eh? No, I am not either. I am... was a lake. How I had consciousness, I would not be able to tell you. Perhaps I was a lake spirit... This lakebed is what I once called home, long before the Zone came to be. After the Origin event, I found myself here with the body I have now. I don't know how it happened."
@CristorcusHelix
Ghezr stiffened when Kilesa questioned his back, coming to a halt. He was silent for a moment, completely still.

"... it's an old wound. One that never healed. One that trapped me here for the rest of my days."

He sighed shakily, then raised his head to the glowing crater on the horizon.

"One inflicted by the Great Terror itself. I was once a simple traveler exploring this place, but instead of adventure, I got a life sentence."

After a moment, Ghezr flinched, then it sounded as if he sniffed. He shook himself like a wet dog does, then started onward once more. When he spoke again, his more shrill voice was considerably softer.

"Sorry about the solemn subject. The Captain does not want you to feel bad for asking. It is simply what it is."

@myriadofstars
"I understand that. I'm happy to hear you settled over time."

Mion's face was one of acceptance, then grew curious with Faüle's question.

"A faerie and a demon, eh? No, I am not either. I am... was a lake. How I had consciousness, I would not be able to tell you. Perhaps I was a lake spirit... This lakebed is what I once called home, long before the Zone came to be. After the Origin event, I found myself here with the body I have now. I don't know how it happened."
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
Gaelin turned around to face the speaker. His voice was a little unnerving. Was he in some sort of danger?

"Hello," Gaelin replied. He was fairly calm outwardly, though inwardly, he was uncertain about the status of his predicament. "My name is Gaelin, and I'm a researcher of sorts. You wouldn't happen to be Mion, would you? I was told that someone with that name who lives around here could tell me about what happened to this land."
Gaelin turned around to face the speaker. His voice was a little unnerving. Was he in some sort of danger?

"Hello," Gaelin replied. He was fairly calm outwardly, though inwardly, he was uncertain about the status of his predicament. "My name is Gaelin, and I'm a researcher of sorts. You wouldn't happen to be Mion, would you? I was told that someone with that name who lives around here could tell me about what happened to this land."
Kilesa was silent for a moment. What was the Great Terror? She was unsure whether to ask, not wanting to press further. She instead decided to change the subject, "and the stone you grabbed?"
Kilesa was silent for a moment. What was the Great Terror? She was unsure whether to ask, not wanting to press further. She instead decided to change the subject, "and the stone you grabbed?"

+8 FR Time || 17yrs || She/Her
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48005172] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/480052/48005172_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "So you've been pretty much alone all this time? That's... sad. But maybe I can come back and visit, someday? Shoggoth told Griever she'd come visit him, and I find you interesting. A lake given life? My mate would love you."
"So you've been pretty much alone all this time? That's... sad. But maybe I can come back and visit, someday? Shoggoth told Griever she'd come visit him, and I find you interesting. A lake given life? My mate would love you."
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
@Cryoluxa
"Then I would be the dragon you're looking for."

Mion studied Gaelin's face with an unreadable look, then glanced at the sky.

"Crater knows how you got here without getting stuck in a rad storm, though. It surprises me that you made it in one piece. Crossing the largest plain of the Sea isn't exactly... safe."

They turned, gesturing for Gaelin to follow, then began to head down into the bowl of the dry lake.

"Yes, I can tell you the history of this place, but I cannot tell you out here. There is a rad storm on its way, and you probably shouldn't be stuck in it."

@CristorcusHelix
Ghezr noticed Kilesa's hesitation, glancing at her from over his shoulder. He laughed a little when she inquired about his stone, taking it out of his pocket and placing it in her hand.

"Everyone has a hobby, don't they? Even here in the Zone, we need something to occupy our minds. I don't really remember how to write, so I carve what I want to say into these stones I find. I have a collection of them... some tell my history, some tell other's."

The carving depicted a grand figure standing above a crowd, with some sort of object in their hand. It was beautifully sculpted, but looked unfinished.

"I'm not quite done with that one yet. Figured I'd bring it to work on it if you needed to rest. That one is about the only Coatl in the Zone, Shadis. He was really out of it one time I encountered him, and he drew some things in the dirt for me. From what I could tell, he was a scientist before... before this."

The Mirror gestured to their surroundings, gritting his teeth. The sound was rather uncomfortable...

"Dear divines, I hate this place."

@myriadofstars
Mion smiled, a bit wistful.

"Only Griever has kept company with me during these long years. Many others in the Zone want nothing to do with each other, let alone me. It's why I like meeting visitors, it reminds of the days long past."

The Nocturne let out a sigh, then looked at the sky. There was something longing in his eyes, but it disappeared when he looked back at Faüle.

"Of course you can come back and visit. Just enter the Forest and look for Griever... though, he'll find you before you find him. He'll be happy to bring you here."

@Cryoluxa
"Then I would be the dragon you're looking for."

Mion studied Gaelin's face with an unreadable look, then glanced at the sky.

"Crater knows how you got here without getting stuck in a rad storm, though. It surprises me that you made it in one piece. Crossing the largest plain of the Sea isn't exactly... safe."

They turned, gesturing for Gaelin to follow, then began to head down into the bowl of the dry lake.

"Yes, I can tell you the history of this place, but I cannot tell you out here. There is a rad storm on its way, and you probably shouldn't be stuck in it."

@CristorcusHelix
Ghezr noticed Kilesa's hesitation, glancing at her from over his shoulder. He laughed a little when she inquired about his stone, taking it out of his pocket and placing it in her hand.

"Everyone has a hobby, don't they? Even here in the Zone, we need something to occupy our minds. I don't really remember how to write, so I carve what I want to say into these stones I find. I have a collection of them... some tell my history, some tell other's."

The carving depicted a grand figure standing above a crowd, with some sort of object in their hand. It was beautifully sculpted, but looked unfinished.

"I'm not quite done with that one yet. Figured I'd bring it to work on it if you needed to rest. That one is about the only Coatl in the Zone, Shadis. He was really out of it one time I encountered him, and he drew some things in the dirt for me. From what I could tell, he was a scientist before... before this."

The Mirror gestured to their surroundings, gritting his teeth. The sound was rather uncomfortable...

"Dear divines, I hate this place."

@myriadofstars
Mion smiled, a bit wistful.

"Only Griever has kept company with me during these long years. Many others in the Zone want nothing to do with each other, let alone me. It's why I like meeting visitors, it reminds of the days long past."

The Nocturne let out a sigh, then looked at the sky. There was something longing in his eyes, but it disappeared when he looked back at Faüle.

"Of course you can come back and visit. Just enter the Forest and look for Griever... though, he'll find you before you find him. He'll be happy to bring you here."

x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
"Shadis sounds..." Kilesa paused for a moment as she tried to think of the word, "familiar..." She seemed to be trying to remember where from.

"Phantom! I remember him mentioning the name," Kilesa looked down at the stone, "he's a friend of- well he's more of an acquaintance of mine. He mentioned coming here and meeting the dragon. That's why I'm here. I was curious of his tale and decided to see this place for myself."

She looks around at the surroundings, "so what was this place like before?" Kilesa paused again, "and what happened to make it like... this?"
"Shadis sounds..." Kilesa paused for a moment as she tried to think of the word, "familiar..." She seemed to be trying to remember where from.

"Phantom! I remember him mentioning the name," Kilesa looked down at the stone, "he's a friend of- well he's more of an acquaintance of mine. He mentioned coming here and meeting the dragon. That's why I'm here. I was curious of his tale and decided to see this place for myself."

She looks around at the surroundings, "so what was this place like before?" Kilesa paused again, "and what happened to make it like... this?"

+8 FR Time || 17yrs || She/Her
@ahzidal

(( How did he look at his face if it's covered by a hazmat suit? I guess he could look through the little eye window, but that's not much. ))

"A rad storm?" Gaelin asked as he followed after Mion.
@ahzidal

(( How did he look at his face if it's covered by a hazmat suit? I guess he could look through the little eye window, but that's not much. ))

"A rad storm?" Gaelin asked as he followed after Mion.
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48005172] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/480052/48005172_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Faüle smiled through his suit. "I'll be sure to do that," he said. "I'll let Shoggoth and the others know, too, in case they would like to visit sometime."
Faüle smiled through his suit. "I'll be sure to do that," he said. "I'll let Shoggoth and the others know, too, in case they would like to visit sometime."
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
@Cryoluxa The head of the suits look more like this, so it's really the eyes and general expression they look at, not the mouth c: There's a lot of different hazmat suit designs heheh [img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7c/d8/42/7cd842d6a8b32c98b817d591b80d1315.jpg[/img] [I]Mion tilted his head.[/I] "Sometimes storms bring good water, sometimes all they bring is fallout from the Crater. The latter is what we dubbed a rad storm, because all it gives is extra radiation to those unfortunate to be caught in it." -------------- @CristorcusHelix [i]Ghezr raised his eyebrow ridges with surprise.[/i] "He got away from Shadis alive and in one piece? Sun must've shined on 'im." [i]The Mirror snorted, then glanced back up at the glowing crater in the distance.[/i] "The Captain been here for quite a while, but he cannot tell you how the Zone became the Zone. Alas, I am not that old... Only two dragons have been here since before the fall. I've just been in these ruins long enough to see the dry lake become a monstrous sandstorm." [i]His face furrowed, and he thought hard for a moment.[/i] "I think one of them told me that this place, these ruins, was once a place called Searchlight. Apparently, it was a lake town with an idyllic view." ----------------- @myriadofstars [i]Mion laughed lightly, giving Faüle a grin.[/i] "Just make sure they're educated about the dangers of this place as well. I don't want anyone to have a run-in with some dragons that live here."
@Cryoluxa
The head of the suits look more like this, so it's really the eyes and general expression they look at, not the mouth c: There's a lot of different hazmat suit designs heheh
7cd842d6a8b32c98b817d591b80d1315.jpg
Mion tilted his head.

"Sometimes storms bring good water, sometimes all they bring is fallout from the Crater. The latter is what we dubbed a rad storm, because all it gives is extra radiation to those unfortunate to be caught in it."

@CristorcusHelix
Ghezr raised his eyebrow ridges with surprise.

"He got away from Shadis alive and in one piece? Sun must've shined on 'im."

The Mirror snorted, then glanced back up at the glowing crater in the distance.

"The Captain been here for quite a while, but he cannot tell you how the Zone became the Zone. Alas, I am not that old... Only two dragons have been here since before the fall. I've just been in these ruins long enough to see the dry lake become a monstrous sandstorm."

His face furrowed, and he thought hard for a moment.

"I think one of them told me that this place, these ruins, was once a place called Searchlight. Apparently, it was a lake town with an idyllic view."
@myriadofstars
Mion laughed lightly, giving Faüle a grin.

"Just make sure they're educated about the dangers of this place as well. I don't want anyone to have a run-in with some dragons that live here."

x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48005172] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/480052/48005172_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Of course I will. Between Shoggoth and me, no one will come here without at least a warning." Faüle looked up at the sky. "It's getting late," he said. "I'd better get back to my clan; they'll be wondering where I am. But I'll return."
"Of course I will. Between Shoggoth and me, no one will come here without at least a warning." Faüle looked up at the sky. "It's getting late," he said. "I'd better get back to my clan; they'll be wondering where I am. But I'll return."
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
1 2 3 4 5 6