Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Share]EtZ W2 - Survival (ended)
1 2 3 4 5 6
@ahzidal

(( That was such an NPC conversation and I love it. ))

Despite the dour topic, Gaelin couldn't help but feel excitement flare in his heart. This was a lot of valuable information, and now, he had clear direction as to where he should go to research this phenomenon further.

"I see. Thank you very much, Mr. Pilot! You have been very helpful. I hope your digging goes well," the Pearlcatcher replied. He gave a courteous nod as well, but then he was hurrying off northwest in search of this Mion fellow, downright giddy. A dry lakebed... And then, once I've spoken with Mion, I'll go further north to see Archimedes and Helios, all on the way towards that particularly bright patch in the mountains. How exciting! I'm bound to solve this mystery soon enough, and perhaps I'll even find something to take back with me! I could fill an entire tome with all the knowledge, I'm sure! What a one for the archives!
@ahzidal

(( That was such an NPC conversation and I love it. ))

Despite the dour topic, Gaelin couldn't help but feel excitement flare in his heart. This was a lot of valuable information, and now, he had clear direction as to where he should go to research this phenomenon further.

"I see. Thank you very much, Mr. Pilot! You have been very helpful. I hope your digging goes well," the Pearlcatcher replied. He gave a courteous nod as well, but then he was hurrying off northwest in search of this Mion fellow, downright giddy. A dry lakebed... And then, once I've spoken with Mion, I'll go further north to see Archimedes and Helios, all on the way towards that particularly bright patch in the mountains. How exciting! I'm bound to solve this mystery soon enough, and perhaps I'll even find something to take back with me! I could fill an entire tome with all the knowledge, I'm sure! What a one for the archives!
Kilesa put her sword back at her side upon seeing that the mirror wasn't hostile to her, [b]"well for a start I appear to be lost..."[/b] after a short moment of silence, a red tinted spiky spider crawled across the inside of the suit's mask in front of Kilesa's face. She remained perfectly calm as it continued to crawl around the inside of the suit. Did she not see it? Or does she just not care? [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/jynTnUl.png[/img][/center]
Kilesa put her sword back at her side upon seeing that the mirror wasn't hostile to her, "well for a start I appear to be lost..." after a short moment of silence, a red tinted spiky spider crawled across the inside of the suit's mask in front of Kilesa's face. She remained perfectly calm as it continued to crawl around the inside of the suit. Did she not see it? Or does she just not care?
jynTnUl.png

+8 FR Time || 17yrs || She/Her
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48005172] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/480052/48005172_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Faüle dipped his head in greeting. "My name is Faüle," he said. "My clan are Shoggoth told me about this area, although she never came here exactly – I think she called it the Red Forest? Anyway, I wanted to visit and see what the area was like myself. I hope you don't mind my intrusion."
Faüle dipped his head in greeting. "My name is Faüle," he said. "My clan are Shoggoth told me about this area, although she never came here exactly – I think she called it the Red Forest? Anyway, I wanted to visit and see what the area was like myself. I hope you don't mind my intrusion."
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
@Cryoluxa
Pilot huffed as Gaelin left, saying nothing more.

The Glowing Sea was large. Very large. Gaelin had been walking for a long time, with not even a single creature scuttling across his path. There were small rustles in what sparse plantlife marked his path, but nothing of significant size.

After a while longer, the ground began to change. It began to get smoother, almost, beginning to shift around like well-weathered sand. Curiously, there were larger chunks of sharper rock mixed in with the sandy soil as well. As Gaelin progressed further, he ran into a sloped rockbed that felt like it dropped off quickly afterwards.

Perhaps this was the dry lake Pilot had mentioned.

@CristorcusHelix
Ghezr eyed the spider with a distrusting gaze. He went to speak, then closed his mouth, deciding not to question it. Though it was quite odd, he had definitely encountered stranger things during his time in the Zone.

"I saw you come in from the dry lake. How you got out of there alive is beyond me. Perhaps you just have really good luck..."

He turned his head, tapping his eyepatch.

"Or maybe it was due to the valiant efforts of the Great Captain Ghezr! After all, I faced the scorpion-beast Lena in head-to-head combat and won! With the help of my trusty claws and cutlass, I drove the beast back into the depths of the dry lake... but alas, the Captain did not escape unharmed. The vile thing took my eye."

Ghezr seemed to have quite the penchant for being very dramatic, though something about his demeanor suggested that he wasn't exactly acting... Perhaps the male was just egotistical and a bit odd from the isolation he most certainly found himself in within these ruins.

"You say you're lost, lassie? The Captain can help you out. After all, I know these streets like I know my mother! Which is... not at all! That wasn't a very good example..."

He scratched his chin, a bit embarrased. His voice dropped out of his strange accent, and back into a soft murmur.

"I've spent many, many moons here, and point is, I know these ruins very well. Where would you like me to take you?"

@myriadofstars
Mion nodded, replying quietly.

"You are welcome here, I much enjoy seeing new faces. Unlike most other dragons that live here, I consider myself friendly."

The murky Nocturne thought for a moment, then made a 'hmm' sound.

"Shoggoth? That sounds familiar. Griever must have met her in the Forest. Him and I are the only two dragons who were here before the end of the beginning, so we find a bit of solace in each other's company. We speak often."

They looked back at Faüle, tilting their head to the side.

"What made you so curious about what lies here? Have you found anything particularly intriguing?"

@Cryoluxa
Pilot huffed as Gaelin left, saying nothing more.

The Glowing Sea was large. Very large. Gaelin had been walking for a long time, with not even a single creature scuttling across his path. There were small rustles in what sparse plantlife marked his path, but nothing of significant size.

After a while longer, the ground began to change. It began to get smoother, almost, beginning to shift around like well-weathered sand. Curiously, there were larger chunks of sharper rock mixed in with the sandy soil as well. As Gaelin progressed further, he ran into a sloped rockbed that felt like it dropped off quickly afterwards.

Perhaps this was the dry lake Pilot had mentioned.

@CristorcusHelix
Ghezr eyed the spider with a distrusting gaze. He went to speak, then closed his mouth, deciding not to question it. Though it was quite odd, he had definitely encountered stranger things during his time in the Zone.

"I saw you come in from the dry lake. How you got out of there alive is beyond me. Perhaps you just have really good luck..."

He turned his head, tapping his eyepatch.

"Or maybe it was due to the valiant efforts of the Great Captain Ghezr! After all, I faced the scorpion-beast Lena in head-to-head combat and won! With the help of my trusty claws and cutlass, I drove the beast back into the depths of the dry lake... but alas, the Captain did not escape unharmed. The vile thing took my eye."

Ghezr seemed to have quite the penchant for being very dramatic, though something about his demeanor suggested that he wasn't exactly acting... Perhaps the male was just egotistical and a bit odd from the isolation he most certainly found himself in within these ruins.

"You say you're lost, lassie? The Captain can help you out. After all, I know these streets like I know my mother! Which is... not at all! That wasn't a very good example..."

He scratched his chin, a bit embarrased. His voice dropped out of his strange accent, and back into a soft murmur.

"I've spent many, many moons here, and point is, I know these ruins very well. Where would you like me to take you?"

@myriadofstars
Mion nodded, replying quietly.

"You are welcome here, I much enjoy seeing new faces. Unlike most other dragons that live here, I consider myself friendly."

The murky Nocturne thought for a moment, then made a 'hmm' sound.

"Shoggoth? That sounds familiar. Griever must have met her in the Forest. Him and I are the only two dragons who were here before the end of the beginning, so we find a bit of solace in each other's company. We speak often."

They looked back at Faüle, tilting their head to the side.

"What made you so curious about what lies here? Have you found anything particularly intriguing?"

1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
"Well, I'd like to get out of this thing soon..." Kilesa shifted in the suit, her discomfort becoming more apparent, "so perhaps you can show me the way out of this place?"
"Well, I'd like to get out of this thing soon..." Kilesa shifted in the suit, her discomfort becoming more apparent, "so perhaps you can show me the way out of this place?"

[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48005172] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/480052/48005172_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Faüle tilted his head. "Shoggoth did mention that name," he said. "I was mostly intrigued about the dragons who can survive here. I'm a bit of a survivor myself, you see. My egg was left alone in the Scarred Wastelands, so I grew up on my own. I was interested to see what other dragons have survived in. "And I must say, you are definitely a survivor, to live here with all this radiation... Not to mention that... whatever it is up in the mountains." He jerked his head toward the pale glow. "I rather admire you, truth be told."
Faüle tilted his head. "Shoggoth did mention that name," he said. "I was mostly intrigued about the dragons who can survive here. I'm a bit of a survivor myself, you see. My egg was left alone in the Scarred Wastelands, so I grew up on my own. I was interested to see what other dragons have survived in.

"And I must say, you are definitely a survivor, to live here with all this radiation... Not to mention that... whatever it is up in the mountains." He jerked his head toward the pale glow. "I rather admire you, truth be told."
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
Gaelin's enthusiasm pushed him onward, though it did mellow out over time. The change in landscape was welcome after that monotonous trek. Dry lakebed in sight, he hurried onward. The prospect of finally having someone to talk to again and furthering his research made him a little desperate in his advancement, too, and he wasn't quite as cautious as he would otherwise be.
Gaelin's enthusiasm pushed him onward, though it did mellow out over time. The change in landscape was welcome after that monotonous trek. Dry lakebed in sight, he hurried onward. The prospect of finally having someone to talk to again and furthering his research made him a little desperate in his advancement, too, and he wasn't quite as cautious as he would otherwise be.
@CristorcusHelix [I]Ghezr studied the hazmat suit Kilesa wore, scratching his chin.[/I] "Those do look quite uncomfortable. I've never had the displeasure of wearing one." [I]He turned, rearing up on his hind legs to reach up a nearby wall, exposing a large glowing patch on his back. It was veiled by the rags he was wearing, but still quite visible. He shoved his claws into a crack, dug around for a moment, then brought out a small stone that looked like it was carved by a careful claw. He pocketed it, then addressed Kilesa.[/I] "If you want out so bad, the Captain can show you out. Follow me, make sure you don't trip on the rubble..." [I]Ghezr turned, heading down a nearby street that was pockmarked with large stones.[/I] ------------- @myriadofstars [I]Mion let a smile reach their face at Faüle's words.[/I] "I thank you. I'm not as affected by the radiation of this place nearly as much as others that live and visit here, so it hasn't exactly been hard. I'm not exactly of... draconic origin, what I came from is what gave me that ability. Many others here survive in their own unique ways." [I]Mion lowered his head, giving Faüle a look of sadness.[/I] "I can't imagine what it would be like to be raised by hardship and cruelty of such an environment. So many families once visited my shore, I was never alone. Have you ever felt a longing for that what you grew up without?" --------------- @Cryoluxa [I]Pink eyes stared at Gaelin from the sandy shore on the far side of the dry lake, belonging to a Nocturne who didn't glow as brightly as the others Gaelin had encountered. Their presence created a dark spot in the otherwise steady aura of the environment. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52943977] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/529440/52943977_350.png[/img] [/url] They spread their wings and took to the air silently, arcing a ways over the steeper part of the lakebed and coming to a soft landing behind Gaelin. The dragon spoke in a soft voice.[/I] "Hello, outsider."
@CristorcusHelix
Ghezr studied the hazmat suit Kilesa wore, scratching his chin.

"Those do look quite uncomfortable. I've never had the displeasure of wearing one."

He turned, rearing up on his hind legs to reach up a nearby wall, exposing a large glowing patch on his back. It was veiled by the rags he was wearing, but still quite visible.

He shoved his claws into a crack, dug around for a moment, then brought out a small stone that looked like it was carved by a careful claw. He pocketed it, then addressed Kilesa.

"If you want out so bad, the Captain can show you out. Follow me, make sure you don't trip on the rubble..."

Ghezr turned, heading down a nearby street that was pockmarked with large stones.
@myriadofstars
Mion let a smile reach their face at Faüle's words.

"I thank you. I'm not as affected by the radiation of this place nearly as much as others that live and visit here, so it hasn't exactly been hard. I'm not exactly of... draconic origin, what I came from is what gave me that ability. Many others here survive in their own unique ways."

Mion lowered his head, giving Faüle a look of sadness.

"I can't imagine what it would be like to be raised by hardship and cruelty of such an environment. So many families once visited my shore, I was never alone. Have you ever felt a longing for that what you grew up without?"
@Cryoluxa

Pink eyes stared at Gaelin from the sandy shore on the far side of the dry lake, belonging to a Nocturne who didn't glow as brightly as the others Gaelin had encountered. Their presence created a dark spot in the otherwise steady aura of the environment.

52943977_350.png

They spread their wings and took to the air silently, arcing a ways over the steeper part of the lakebed and coming to a soft landing behind Gaelin.

The dragon spoke in a soft voice.

"Hello, outsider."
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
Which to question first, the glowing patch or the stone? "What's the glowing patch on your back?" Kilesa's eyes narrowed, trying to study the patch, but stopped when her vision was obscured for a moment by the spider crawling across the inside of the mask again. She let out a sigh and started to follow the mirror, curious to hear his response to her question.
Which to question first, the glowing patch or the stone? "What's the glowing patch on your back?" Kilesa's eyes narrowed, trying to study the patch, but stopped when her vision was obscured for a moment by the spider crawling across the inside of the mask again. She let out a sigh and started to follow the mirror, curious to hear his response to her question.

[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48005172] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/480052/48005172_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Faüle shrugged. "Sometimes," he admitted. "Mostly when I was growing up. Bu now I've got my clan; they're my family. "I must admit I'm curious, though. You say you are not of draconic origin. There are a few in my clan of the same – we have a faerie and a demon. If you don't mind my asking, what [i]is[/i] your origin?"
Faüle shrugged. "Sometimes," he admitted. "Mostly when I was growing up. Bu now I've got my clan; they're my family.

"I must admit I'm curious, though. You say you are not of draconic origin. There are a few in my clan of the same – we have a faerie and a demon. If you don't mind my asking, what is your origin?"
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
1 2 3 4 5 6