Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Share]EtZ W2 - Survival (ended)
1 2 3 4 5 6
This episode hasn't been as popular as the other one. Is it because of the timing, my late responses, a badge that isn't as interesting, or what else? Simply curious, I'd love to hear what you guys think *thinking face* While I'm at it, I'll show the badge for the next round. Let me know what you think, and please tell me any badge suggestions you might have for future episodes! [img]https://i.imgur.com/1jRS9Ho.png[/img] ---------- ---------- @myriadofstars [I]The figure jolted, then shifted once more. Bright pink eyes could be made out among the murk. It waited a moment, then a soft voice filtered through the air.[/I] "Hello? You don't look like Epsilon with that suit of yours... Maybe you need assistance?" [I]The last part sounded more like a musing to itself, though its voice carried perfectly fine up the bowl. Large blobs extended from the shape, moved, then suddenly it was above Faüle. The blobs were wings, and the creature was a dark green-brown Nocturne with very vibrant pink eyes. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52943977] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/529440/52943977_350.png[/img] [/url] The other dragon delicately landed a few paces to the side of Faüle, giving the suit-clad visitor a good look. The feathery jabbot they wore around their neck rustled in the soft breeze, causing the Nocturne a little bit of discomfort as they studied the male. While the dragon was busy, a small toad leaped out from somewhere on them and landed on the rocky ground. They spoke again after a moment.[/I] "I am Mion, and this is my home. What brings you knocking here?" ---------------- @CristorcusHelix [I]The whipping winds seeded heavily with gritty sand were not hospitable at all. Sudden gusts would routinely threaten to knock the Mirror off her feet, and the sand underneath her was anything but solid. Could anything even live in here? Does the sandstorm ever relent? The female kept trudging through the thick sand, seemingly for hours. Kilesa gradually became aware of the ground that gradually began to slope upwards once more. The harsh sandstorm began to lift just a bit, to where she could see a dark horizon of irregular shapes. Could that be a settlement? It might be dangerous in there, but it was a chance to find something who knew their way around the area. Of course, whatever or whoever she finds might not be worth the trouble...[/I] ----------- @Cryoluxa (and here we see the product of distracted writing XD Inconsistencies! Yeah, he's wearing the suit and his feet are covered, I just had a bigdumb moment where I kinda forgot about that because I was also working on something else whilst I was writing. I hate it when I do that ;-; ) [I]The wiggling shape stilled, then a head lifted from the dirt. It was certainly a dragon, the size suggesting it was a Guardian as it was nearly three times the size of Gaelin himself. Its body, like everything else around it, was lit by the sickly aura that seemed to permeate everything in the area.[/I] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36733541] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/367336/36733541_350.png[/img] [/url] [I]His body gave off a faint whirring sound, and the male huffed as he inspected Gaelin. He didn't seem to be hostile, if anything a bit annoyed at the Pearlcatcher's presence, and spoke in a clipped, rough voice. It sounded as if it hadn't been used in quite a while.[/I] "Who [I]are[/I] you?"
This episode hasn't been as popular as the other one. Is it because of the timing, my late responses, a badge that isn't as interesting, or what else? Simply curious, I'd love to hear what you guys think *thinking face*

While I'm at it, I'll show the badge for the next round. Let me know what you think, and please tell me any badge suggestions you might have for future episodes!
1jRS9Ho.png

@myriadofstars
The figure jolted, then shifted once more. Bright pink eyes could be made out among the murk. It waited a moment, then a soft voice filtered through the air.

"Hello? You don't look like Epsilon with that suit of yours... Maybe you need assistance?"

The last part sounded more like a musing to itself, though its voice carried perfectly fine up the bowl. Large blobs extended from the shape, moved, then suddenly it was above Faüle. The blobs were wings, and the creature was a dark green-brown Nocturne with very vibrant pink eyes.

52943977_350.png

The other dragon delicately landed a few paces to the side of Faüle, giving the suit-clad visitor a good look. The feathery jabbot they wore around their neck rustled in the soft breeze, causing the Nocturne a little bit of discomfort as they studied the male. While the dragon was busy, a small toad leaped out from somewhere on them and landed on the rocky ground.
They spoke again after a moment.

"I am Mion, and this is my home. What brings you knocking here?"
@CristorcusHelix
The whipping winds seeded heavily with gritty sand were not hospitable at all. Sudden gusts would routinely threaten to knock the Mirror off her feet, and the sand underneath her was anything but solid.

Could anything even live in here? Does the sandstorm ever relent? The female kept trudging through the thick sand, seemingly for hours.

Kilesa gradually became aware of the ground that gradually began to slope upwards once more. The harsh sandstorm began to lift just a bit, to where she could see a dark horizon of irregular shapes.

Could that be a settlement? It might be dangerous in there, but it was a chance to find something who knew their way around the area. Of course, whatever or whoever she finds might not be worth the trouble...

@Cryoluxa
(and here we see the product of distracted writing XD Inconsistencies! Yeah, he's wearing the suit and his feet are covered, I just had a bigdumb moment where I kinda forgot about that because I was also working on something else whilst I was writing. I hate it when I do that ;-; )

The wiggling shape stilled, then a head lifted from the dirt. It was certainly a dragon, the size suggesting it was a Guardian as it was nearly three times the size of Gaelin himself. Its body, like everything else around it, was lit by the sickly aura that seemed to permeate everything in the area.

36733541_350.png

His body gave off a faint whirring sound, and the male huffed as he inspected Gaelin. He didn't seem to be hostile, if anything a bit annoyed at the Pearlcatcher's presence, and spoke in a clipped, rough voice. It sounded as if it hadn't been used in quite a while.

"Who are you?"

1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
(( Hahah, no problem, friend. :) As for why there aren't as many people this time, it's not unique to this thread. There've just been fewer people around lately, at least on Dragon Share. I think it's just the time of year. People are probably catching colds and tired from the schedule changes and weather changes that come with this time of year. ))

"My name is Gaelin," the Pearlcatcher replied, a tad wary but not entirely shocked or afraid. He'd been exposed to veritable monsters ever since he was young. Of course, that didn't mean he didn't understand the dangers which came from engaging with such people. On the contrary, he was well aware of it. "I'm a researcher of sorts and was wondering if you knew any legends and whatnot of any special items, spells or curses that might be about."
(( Hahah, no problem, friend. :) As for why there aren't as many people this time, it's not unique to this thread. There've just been fewer people around lately, at least on Dragon Share. I think it's just the time of year. People are probably catching colds and tired from the schedule changes and weather changes that come with this time of year. ))

"My name is Gaelin," the Pearlcatcher replied, a tad wary but not entirely shocked or afraid. He'd been exposed to veritable monsters ever since he was young. Of course, that didn't mean he didn't understand the dangers which came from engaging with such people. On the contrary, he was well aware of it. "I'm a researcher of sorts and was wondering if you knew any legends and whatnot of any special items, spells or curses that might be about."
Heading to the settlement was Kilesa's best chance for shelter from the storm. If she did encounter any threats she could at least try to lose them in the sandstorm, but she also had her sword if it came down to a fight.

Kilesa pressed on, focusing on the settlement in the distance and preparing herself for whatever she may find.

(As for the lack of popularity, perhaps it's the theme? "Arcane/magic" is a broader category than "survivors" and some people may not have dragons that fit. Another reason may be that after the first week some people realised this wasn't their kind of thing? I'm not really sure, it could be any number of reasons but I wouldn't blame it on anything wrong with enter the zone itself)
Heading to the settlement was Kilesa's best chance for shelter from the storm. If she did encounter any threats she could at least try to lose them in the sandstorm, but she also had her sword if it came down to a fight.

Kilesa pressed on, focusing on the settlement in the distance and preparing herself for whatever she may find.

(As for the lack of popularity, perhaps it's the theme? "Arcane/magic" is a broader category than "survivors" and some people may not have dragons that fit. Another reason may be that after the first week some people realised this wasn't their kind of thing? I'm not really sure, it could be any number of reasons but I wouldn't blame it on anything wrong with enter the zone itself)

+8 FR Time || 17yrs || She/Her
@Cryoluxa
(yeah, I can see that. Weather and season changes normally make me tired too, but the emergence of fall never does! maybe it's because it's my favorite season c: )

The Guardian stayed silent for a moment, processing Gaelin's inquiry. He grumbled out his name, which sounded like 'Pilot', then asked a question of his own.

"Curses? We've got plenty of curses. Look around you. We're all already resigned to our fates here."

His face twisted in angry resentment, which he banished quickly from his expression.

"If you're looking for artifacts or some sort of neat item to help you, I'd suggest looking for either Helios or Archimedes. They're almost always together. Last time they ventured through here, they were arguing about some sort of 'laser' and sunlight. Crater knows how they've managed to survive here, since they're not... like the rest of us."

@CristorcusHelix
(you've got a point. magic is literally everything in Sornieth ahaha, maybe it's not well understood that a dragon just has to relate in some distant way at least to count...)

The closer Kilesa got to the settlement, the more apparent it became that it was very old. The entire place was in ruins, with crumbled wall and stone scattered everywhere. The buildings were still formed enough for shelter, though.

As she headed farther into the small town, something caught her eye. Some ruins were... displaced, in a way that certainly wasn't due to natural degredation.

There is definitely someone here.

@Cryoluxa
(yeah, I can see that. Weather and season changes normally make me tired too, but the emergence of fall never does! maybe it's because it's my favorite season c: )

The Guardian stayed silent for a moment, processing Gaelin's inquiry. He grumbled out his name, which sounded like 'Pilot', then asked a question of his own.

"Curses? We've got plenty of curses. Look around you. We're all already resigned to our fates here."

His face twisted in angry resentment, which he banished quickly from his expression.

"If you're looking for artifacts or some sort of neat item to help you, I'd suggest looking for either Helios or Archimedes. They're almost always together. Last time they ventured through here, they were arguing about some sort of 'laser' and sunlight. Crater knows how they've managed to survive here, since they're not... like the rest of us."

@CristorcusHelix
(you've got a point. magic is literally everything in Sornieth ahaha, maybe it's not well understood that a dragon just has to relate in some distant way at least to count...)

The closer Kilesa got to the settlement, the more apparent it became that it was very old. The entire place was in ruins, with crumbled wall and stone scattered everywhere. The buildings were still formed enough for shelter, though.

As she headed farther into the small town, something caught her eye. Some ruins were... displaced, in a way that certainly wasn't due to natural degredation.

There is definitely someone here.

x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
"Hmm. I see," Gaelin replied, glancing around for a moment. "So, the state of this place is due to a curse of some sort. What do you know about how this curse fell upon this land? I would be interested to know all that you can tell me, as well as which direction those other two went in."

He was very clearly a researcher. It was almost sad how well he was fitting into that "curious but insensitive" stereotype at the moment...
"Hmm. I see," Gaelin replied, glancing around for a moment. "So, the state of this place is due to a curse of some sort. What do you know about how this curse fell upon this land? I would be interested to know all that you can tell me, as well as which direction those other two went in."

He was very clearly a researcher. It was almost sad how well he was fitting into that "curious but insensitive" stereotype at the moment...
[img]http://i.imgur.com/7xmmeMg.png[/img] [columns][color=transparent]...........................[/color][nextcol] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39874736] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/398748/39874736_350.png[/img] [/url] [center][color=708090]_________________________[/color][/center] [font=cambria][color=708090][size=4]--- The Glowing Sea was before her and yet she was sure she could feel its effects already hitting her. Still, she had survived many things that the land of Plague had to throw at her, whether it would be the fights of other dragons or the different strains of viruses entering her body - she was still alive. There was no way that the danger of radiation stop her from being curious (though she was smart about approaching it in the proper fashion). Scoffing behind her mask, she grabbed the goggles connected and placed them over her eyes. First she would inspect the area around the vast foggy field, see if she could find something of good use - one could never know if something out there could attack - and perhaps find some food. Stay smart, she always kept telling herself, knowing that one of the keys to survival is intelligence. As long as the mind was able, thinking quickly yet intelligently will get one farther in life. She was a Buzzard of the Wasteland, after all. ----- [a/n- i apologize if i got anything wrong and that it probably feels strange that i just plopped a dragon almost near a dangerous area right away. i wanted to join the last one, but i didn't have too many 'magical' or arcane dragons that would have fit. aella here is my main dragon of survival, so i was happy to see the theme here that was that. i don't mind an interaction with a dragon - but a warning, she is a bit on the mean side.. this is all really well done, and if it's alright, could i be added to a pinglist to for different events? i love wasteland type of roleplays (it's just my ultimate favorite tbh) ][/size][/color][/font] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/cRTWuhN.png[/img][/center] [nextcol] [color=transparent]............[/color][/columns]
7xmmeMg.png

39874736_350.png

--- The Glowing Sea was before her and yet she was sure she could feel its effects already hitting her. Still, she had survived many things that the land of Plague had to throw at her, whether it would be the fights of other dragons or the different strains of viruses entering her body - she was still alive. There was no way that the danger of radiation stop her from being curious (though she was smart about approaching it in the proper fashion).

Scoffing behind her mask, she grabbed the goggles connected and placed them over her eyes. First she would inspect the area around the vast foggy field, see if she could find something of good use - one could never know if something out there could attack - and perhaps find some food. Stay smart, she always kept telling herself, knowing that one of the keys to survival is intelligence. As long as the mind was able, thinking quickly yet intelligently will get one farther in life.

She was a Buzzard of the Wasteland, after all.

[a/n- i apologize if i got anything wrong and that it probably feels strange that i just plopped a dragon almost near a dangerous area right away. i wanted to join the last one, but i didn't have too many 'magical' or arcane dragons that would have fit. aella here is my main dragon of survival, so i was happy to see the theme here that was that. i don't mind an interaction with a dragon - but a warning, she is a bit on the mean side..

this is all really well done, and if it's alright, could i be added to a pinglist to for different events? i love wasteland type of roleplays (it's just my ultimate favorite tbh) ]

cRTWuhN.png
..............................................................................................................................

zyy8DcX.png
they/them | faq | wishlist | +2
Kilesa raised her sword slightly, slowly making her way towards the ruins. It was highly unlikely that whoever was here would be friendly, but there's still that small chance.
Kilesa raised her sword slightly, slowly making her way towards the ruins. It was highly unlikely that whoever was here would be friendly, but there's still that small chance.

@Cryoluxa [I]Pilot sighed, his breath rattling a bit in his chest. He gave the Pearlcatcher another lookover, with a miffed look on his face. He muttered something about 'not being Griever, I don't tell stories', then relaxed onto the ground.[/I] "The story of this place begins with the Origin event. All the most of us know is that it was a large event that caused the destruction of the entire Zone. It irradiated the whole area, and wiped out almost all life within." [I]He paused for a moment, lifting his head to the right where the mountains were. There was a large area somewhere within that was glowing more strongly than anything else in the Zone.[/I] "That up there? That big glowing patch? That's the Crater, where the real truth lies. I've been up there, but even I can't stand to be there for more than a few minutes. Something's up there, something that [I]knows[/I]. I see it in my dreams sometimes... whatever's up there, it's more than a little haunting." [I]Despite his claim that he didn't tell stories, as well as his annoyed disposition, Pilot seemed to be enjoying talking to Gaelin about his home. Perhaps he found it refreshing to see a new face. Pilot then returned his head to face Gaelin once more.[/I] "The only three dragons that have been here longer than me are Shadis, Griever, and Mion. Shadis won't be of help to you, he'd rather eat you than aid you, but the other two... I've heard rumors that they were here before the Origin. I doubt Griever would speak about it, the guy's got some [I]problems[/I], but Mion might be willing to tell you some things." [I]The Guardian raised himself off the ground, and started scratching at the dirt again.[/I] "I would count yourself unlucky to run into Shadis, Griever was likely the one who brought you here [size=2]and he'd find you before you found him[/size], and Mion can normally be found in the dry lake bowl to the northwest. Convenient, because the mountains that Archimedes and Helios live in are just further north than that. Now, if you've heard what you wanted, I've got some holes to dig..." ---------------- @CristorcusHelix [i]As Kilesa approached the displaced ruins, a howl and raucous laughter echoed throughout the town. A tan colored Mirror came swinging along old, rusty fixtures until they landed on the largest piece of rubble with a huff. They wore a large pirate hat, with a deadly cutlass hanging at their side. The temperature dropped suddenly as he approached, causing frost to appear at his feet. It's face was held in a toothy, slightly wild grin.[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55068559] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/550686/55068559_350.png[/img] [/url] "My my, another player enters the ring! Will [i]they[/i] help me find my ship, or will they too damn themself at the edge of my blade?" [i]... He sounded very dramatic. The male side-eyed Kilesa with his sole left eye, striking quite a dynamic pose as he spoke about his sword. The Mirror suddenly dropped his expression, fading to one that looked more tired. He was silent for a minute, then his head drooped a bit. He collapsed to the ground, falling off the edge of the rubble to land on his side near Kilesa's feet. His eyes were closed, and his right foot twitched a bit. It looked as if he fell asleep...[/i] [size=2]the dude's got narcolepsy, he's actually asleep. it's not a trap XD[/size] --------------------- @ArcticEira [size=2](no worries! anyone can join at any time, you don't have to be in a prior episode to do so c: her being a bit mean is just fine - it makes my writing more interesting on the reaction side of my own dragons! a lot of dragons in the zone are asocial and hostile, so it fits pretty well. thank you! yes, i can add you to the pinglist as well. wastelands are pretty cool tbh, the Zone started out as a minor sidelore to my lair a couple years ago, with only three dragons, but it's expanded into being my main lore with 20 associated dragons. i've worked long and hard on it, so it makes me happy that people enjoy it ;u; )[/size] [center][i]Aella began to venture into the fog, leaving small tracks in the dirt behind. She came across flaking skeletons of things long dead, their bones often splintered and scattered a ways away from the skull. It almost looked as if this field was a graveyard. There were a number of sharpened femurs that might make for a good weapon surrounding a roundish patch of trampled dirt. A few roughened scales lay within the circle, and bit of dry grass speckled the inside. There were also a small pile of fungalhoof kiriq horns laying off to the side. Perhaps this was a nest used by someone who lived here?[/i][/center]
@Cryoluxa

Pilot sighed, his breath rattling a bit in his chest. He gave the Pearlcatcher another lookover, with a miffed look on his face. He muttered something about 'not being Griever, I don't tell stories', then relaxed onto the ground.

"The story of this place begins with the Origin event. All the most of us know is that it was a large event that caused the destruction of the entire Zone. It irradiated the whole area, and wiped out almost all life within."

He paused for a moment, lifting his head to the right where the mountains were. There was a large area somewhere within that was glowing more strongly than anything else in the Zone.

"That up there? That big glowing patch? That's the Crater, where the real truth lies. I've been up there, but even I can't stand to be there for more than a few minutes. Something's up there, something that knows. I see it in my dreams sometimes... whatever's up there, it's more than a little haunting."

Despite his claim that he didn't tell stories, as well as his annoyed disposition, Pilot seemed to be enjoying talking to Gaelin about his home. Perhaps he found it refreshing to see a new face.
Pilot then returned his head to face Gaelin once more.

"The only three dragons that have been here longer than me are Shadis, Griever, and Mion. Shadis won't be of help to you, he'd rather eat you than aid you, but the other two... I've heard rumors that they were here before the Origin. I doubt Griever would speak about it, the guy's got some problems, but Mion might be willing to tell you some things."

The Guardian raised himself off the ground, and started scratching at the dirt again.

"I would count yourself unlucky to run into Shadis, Griever was likely the one who brought you here and he'd find you before you found him, and Mion can normally be found in the dry lake bowl to the northwest. Convenient, because the mountains that Archimedes and Helios live in are just further north than that. Now, if you've heard what you wanted, I've got some holes to dig..."
@CristorcusHelix

As Kilesa approached the displaced ruins, a howl and raucous laughter echoed throughout the town. A tan colored Mirror came swinging along old, rusty fixtures until they landed on the largest piece of rubble with a huff. They wore a large pirate hat, with a deadly cutlass hanging at their side. The temperature dropped suddenly as he approached, causing frost to appear at his feet.

It's face was held in a toothy, slightly wild grin.

55068559_350.png

"My my, another player enters the ring! Will they help me find my ship, or will they too damn themself at the edge of my blade?"

... He sounded very dramatic. The male side-eyed Kilesa with his sole left eye, striking quite a dynamic pose as he spoke about his sword.

The Mirror suddenly dropped his expression, fading to one that looked more tired. He was silent for a minute, then his head drooped a bit. He collapsed to the ground, falling off the edge of the rubble to land on his side near Kilesa's feet.

His eyes were closed, and his right foot twitched a bit. It looked as if he fell asleep...

the dude's got narcolepsy, he's actually asleep. it's not a trap XD
@ArcticEira
(no worries! anyone can join at any time, you don't have to be in a prior episode to do so c: her being a bit mean is just fine - it makes my writing more interesting on the reaction side of my own dragons! a lot of dragons in the zone are asocial and hostile, so it fits pretty well.
thank you! yes, i can add you to the pinglist as well. wastelands are pretty cool tbh, the Zone started out as a minor sidelore to my lair a couple years ago, with only three dragons, but it's expanded into being my main lore with 20 associated dragons. i've worked long and hard on it, so it makes me happy that people enjoy it ;u; )
Aella began to venture into the fog, leaving small tracks in the dirt behind. She came across flaking skeletons of things long dead, their bones often splintered and scattered a ways away from the skull.

It almost looked as if this field was a graveyard.

There were a number of sharpened femurs that might make for a good weapon surrounding a roundish patch of trampled dirt. A few roughened scales lay within the circle, and bit of dry grass speckled the inside. There were also a small pile of fungalhoof kiriq horns laying off to the side. Perhaps this was a nest used by someone who lived here?
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
Kilesa lowered her sword slightly as the mirror dropped, but still remained on guard just in case. She slowly approached the seemingly unconscious body, and nudged it a bit. Well, she found someone, though it doesn't seem like they're a help or a threat...
Kilesa lowered her sword slightly as the mirror dropped, but still remained on guard just in case. She slowly approached the seemingly unconscious body, and nudged it a bit. Well, she found someone, though it doesn't seem like they're a help or a threat...

@CristorcusHelix
(just noticed I said he had one left eye - he's actually missing one of his right eyes ^^'' said left when I meant right. he's got both left eyes)

The male jerked when she prodded him, his eyes opening a little. They looked a bit hazy. He grumbled, closing his eyes once more.

The Mirror's eyes shot open, and he scrambled up to his feet, facing Kilesa with a frown. He spoke quickly, and fixed her with an odd look.

"... You did not see that. The great Captain Ghezr does not sleep--!"

His voice became rather shrill at the end, his screeching nearly ear-deafening. He started on some rant about sleep and a ship and a danger that never slept either.

After a while, he quieted and turned back to Kilesa. With the same dramatic behavior from before, he huffed out an offer.

"I suppose I owe you a favor for not killing me in my moment of weakness. I really do need to find my ship and stop sleeping so much... What is it you might require of me?"
@CristorcusHelix
(just noticed I said he had one left eye - he's actually missing one of his right eyes ^^'' said left when I meant right. he's got both left eyes)

The male jerked when she prodded him, his eyes opening a little. They looked a bit hazy. He grumbled, closing his eyes once more.

The Mirror's eyes shot open, and he scrambled up to his feet, facing Kilesa with a frown. He spoke quickly, and fixed her with an odd look.

"... You did not see that. The great Captain Ghezr does not sleep--!"

His voice became rather shrill at the end, his screeching nearly ear-deafening. He started on some rant about sleep and a ship and a danger that never slept either.

After a while, he quieted and turned back to Kilesa. With the same dramatic behavior from before, he huffed out an offer.

"I suppose I owe you a favor for not killing me in my moment of weakness. I really do need to find my ship and stop sleeping so much... What is it you might require of me?"
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
1 2 3 4 5 6