Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Tavern For Travelers!
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19 20
@cornleaf
Mint shook her head, taking the glass of water. “Not too long, a day at most. My friend here hasn’t seen much of the world, so why not show her? That noodle dish sounds interesting, I’ll try that!”
Urania nodded in agreement. The cats she held seemed mostly docile, one occasionally glancing at Fowl with interest.
@cornleaf
Mint shook her head, taking the glass of water. “Not too long, a day at most. My friend here hasn’t seen much of the world, so why not show her? That noodle dish sounds interesting, I’ll try that!”
Urania nodded in agreement. The cats she held seemed mostly docile, one occasionally glancing at Fowl with interest.
hello! feel free to message me! no need to ping me on any thread i make, i'm following it!
ErlnHMW.gif
(aw gosh, thanks!! your thread has definitely given me some inspiration ;D ) [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21536162] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/215362/21536162.png[/img] [/url][/center] Sage nodded occasionally and sipped their tea while Voski explained the tavern's history. While the chef went into the back to prepare Sage's meal, they contemplated what Voski had said. It reminded them of how they'd felt before opening the teahouse, that it would be too hard to settle down, and would anyone even visit their humble way-station? Sage was pretty introverted, but it was hard to go without seeing another soul for too long. When Voski came back, Sage gave him a friendly smile. "Y'know, it makes a lot of sense that your shop is doing so well, actually. Long journeys often take folks through areas pretty far out of the way, dangerous even. I can't tell you how relieved I would've felt if I were still on the road, seeing a sign for a tavern in the middle of the woods like this. For the refreshments, obviously, but it's also good to remember you're not alone way out here." With that, Sage turned their attention to their food, drizzling a tiny amount of soy sauce over the noodles as instructed. After muttering a quick blessing over the food, they stirred all the ingredients together and took a big bite. Immediately, they felt themselves relax, and a broad, happy grin spread over their face. "This is delicious, Voski," they said, taking another bite. "I can see why it's a favorite, there's never a bad time for comfort food." Sage kept eating, enjoying the blend of sweet oats and nut butter with tart berries.
(aw gosh, thanks!! your thread has definitely given me some inspiration ;D ) Sage nodded occasionally and sipped their tea while Voski explained the tavern's history. While the chef went into the back to prepare Sage's meal, they contemplated what Voski had said. It reminded them of how they'd felt before opening the teahouse, that it would be too hard to settle down, and would anyone even visit their humble way-station? Sage was pretty introverted, but it was hard to go without seeing another soul for too long.

When Voski came back, Sage gave him a friendly smile. "Y'know, it makes a lot of sense that your shop is doing so well, actually. Long journeys often take folks through areas pretty far out of the way, dangerous even. I can't tell you how relieved I would've felt if I were still on the road, seeing a sign for a tavern in the middle of the woods like this. For the refreshments, obviously, but it's also good to remember you're not alone way out here."

With that, Sage turned their attention to their food, drizzling a tiny amount of soy sauce over the noodles as instructed. After muttering a quick blessing over the food, they stirred all the ingredients together and took a big bite. Immediately, they felt themselves relax, and a broad, happy grin spread over their face. "This is delicious, Voski," they said, taking another bite. "I can see why it's a favorite, there's never a bad time for comfort food." Sage kept eating, enjoying the blend of sweet oats and nut butter with tart berries.

dreamlogic |
they/he |
FR+1 |
sales tab |
wishlist |
HBn6uXZ.gif
@Ithaca

Fowl noticed the new guest who has taken a seat, while Voski was out sending orders to tables, Fowl decided to take the order themself. Waddling on the counter over to the beautiful Fae sat, quacking adorably to gain both the dragon's and familiar's attention. He isn't capable to speak full words, but motioned their petal wings, trying to ask for what the Fae may want at this establishment.

Quack Quack~
@Ithaca

Fowl noticed the new guest who has taken a seat, while Voski was out sending orders to tables, Fowl decided to take the order themself. Waddling on the counter over to the beautiful Fae sat, quacking adorably to gain both the dragon's and familiar's attention. He isn't capable to speak full words, but motioned their petal wings, trying to ask for what the Fae may want at this establishment.

Quack Quack~
kZjIfse.gif
@LuckOfTheClaws

Fowl quacked in fear by the harshness, hiding behind their petals. As the imperial brought their tail back down, Fowl slowly crept back to playing with the loose bandage a little, acting similar to a small kitten. Voski noticed the small mood change his guest expressed, tapping his claws against the counter, "What's your name traveler? I'll give you the free room at the top of the tree for the night... IF... You break down your protective barriers, play with Fowl, relax... From my truthful words, you are safe in this Tavern." Voski explains with a small sigh. Grabbing a towel to wipe his claws on.

"Famished are you? What's a favorite meal of yours? Something you've liked as a small hatchling perhaps?"
@LuckOfTheClaws

Fowl quacked in fear by the harshness, hiding behind their petals. As the imperial brought their tail back down, Fowl slowly crept back to playing with the loose bandage a little, acting similar to a small kitten. Voski noticed the small mood change his guest expressed, tapping his claws against the counter, "What's your name traveler? I'll give you the free room at the top of the tree for the night... IF... You break down your protective barriers, play with Fowl, relax... From my truthful words, you are safe in this Tavern." Voski explains with a small sigh. Grabbing a towel to wipe his claws on.

"Famished are you? What's a favorite meal of yours? Something you've liked as a small hatchling perhaps?"
kZjIfse.gif
@Reefknot

Voski chuckled gently, choosing to take a seat himself so he can continue this conversation. Resting his chin on his palm, "I've met plenty merchants who travel on foot only, because of the heavy stock on their backs. So I can understand the struggle, but one can miss a lot while flying, especially this tavern. I'm glad you ended up here on your travels, 5 days still counts as pretty long to me."

"I had to learn on my own how to feed myself at a very young age, I didn't have the loving parents everyone else had. I cooked for myself everyday and got very creative with such minimal ingredients in our den." Voski started sighing gently, shaking his head not wanting to bring the mood down. "I found this tree one cold night years ago, artificially hallowed out from the past, which turned into my current happy home. I decided one day, many months after I found this tree, why not make a tavern and cook for everyone? Not just myself and Fowl." Voski smiled brightly gesturing to his restaurant, "Definitely no regrets"
@Reefknot

Voski chuckled gently, choosing to take a seat himself so he can continue this conversation. Resting his chin on his palm, "I've met plenty merchants who travel on foot only, because of the heavy stock on their backs. So I can understand the struggle, but one can miss a lot while flying, especially this tavern. I'm glad you ended up here on your travels, 5 days still counts as pretty long to me."

"I had to learn on my own how to feed myself at a very young age, I didn't have the loving parents everyone else had. I cooked for myself everyday and got very creative with such minimal ingredients in our den." Voski started sighing gently, shaking his head not wanting to bring the mood down. "I found this tree one cold night years ago, artificially hallowed out from the past, which turned into my current happy home. I decided one day, many months after I found this tree, why not make a tavern and cook for everyone? Not just myself and Fowl." Voski smiled brightly gesturing to his restaurant, "Definitely no regrets"
kZjIfse.gif
@RhythmSong Fowl shuffles under the counter, grabbing a chopstick but tying a long thread to the end of it. Wiggling it on the floor trying to get any of the cat's attention in secret, not wanting the dragons to notice. Voski nods to his guests, "Sit down and relax. I'll get the soup out in a moment." he tells them before heading into the kitchen. Boiling some ramen noodles, soaking them in a [i]Crunchy Moth Legs[/i] and [i]Fire Flower[/i] petal broth along with a variety of seasonings. He pours the ramen into a wooden bowl, then adding some breaded and baked [i]Yellow-tail Caterpillars[/i] on top to munch on with a few [i]Brussle Sprouts[/i] also. The tavern-keeper brings out the soup, offering chopsticks and a soup spoon. Smiling kindly, "Enjoy your meal~" [item=yellowtail caterpillar][item=crunchy moth legs][item=fire flower][item=brussels sprouts]
@RhythmSong

Fowl shuffles under the counter, grabbing a chopstick but tying a long thread to the end of it. Wiggling it on the floor trying to get any of the cat's attention in secret, not wanting the dragons to notice.

Voski nods to his guests, "Sit down and relax. I'll get the soup out in a moment." he tells them before heading into the kitchen. Boiling some ramen noodles, soaking them in a Crunchy Moth Legs and Fire Flower petal broth along with a variety of seasonings. He pours the ramen into a wooden bowl, then adding some breaded and baked Yellow-tail Caterpillars on top to munch on with a few Brussle Sprouts also.

The tavern-keeper brings out the soup, offering chopsticks and a soup spoon. Smiling kindly, "Enjoy your meal~"

Yellowtail Caterpillar Crunchy Moth Legs Fire Flower Brussels Sprouts
kZjIfse.gif
@cornleaf [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/526633/52663268p.png[/img][/center] "Aye, If it was on the shore then I'd be dead. That's not as fun." She took a sip of her drink she pondered for a moment, deciding which tale to tell. She was always willing to tell stories, especially if they were hers. "Alright, I'll tell you where I got my name as Red-Handed Jill." "Have you ever heard that story of the hatchling that never grew up? They called him Pan. I've met the boy, but that's not the true point here." She grinned. "It's more about his petty rival with a dragon named Hook." She starts out with the familiar fairy tale about a boy and his gang fighting with a pirate ship in some magical land of never aging. That is until she enters the story. "You see, I used to be quite proper back then. That is until I signed a contract with the scoundrel to save my brothers." She went into detail about how the crew and captain would train her, and how if she did well enough she would become the heir to the boat. "So I signed my name as Jill on his contract. They worked me to the bone when I found out he was going to give me to his brother Blue. He's not the kindest with his mates. So I took over the ship and his crew now answers to me." There was a spark of pride in her voice. "I was the first female on that boat and definitely the first captain. My first mate Sue is watching over it while I travel." It was at this time she just noticed how much time has passed, "Oh my, it seems I've trailed on a bit too much. Sorry."
@cornleaf
52663268p.png
"Aye, If it was on the shore then I'd be dead. That's not as fun." She took a sip of her drink she pondered for a moment, deciding which tale to tell. She was always willing to tell stories, especially if they were hers. "Alright, I'll tell you where I got my name as Red-Handed Jill."

"Have you ever heard that story of the hatchling that never grew up? They called him Pan. I've met the boy, but that's not the true point here." She grinned. "It's more about his petty rival with a dragon named Hook." She starts out with the familiar fairy tale about a boy and his gang fighting with a pirate ship in some magical land of never aging. That is until she enters the story. "You see, I used to be quite proper back then. That is until I signed a contract with the scoundrel to save my brothers." She went into detail about how the crew and captain would train her, and how if she did well enough she would become the heir to the boat. "So I signed my name as Jill on his contract. They worked me to the bone when I found out he was going to give me to his brother Blue. He's not the kindest with his mates. So I took over the ship and his crew now answers to me." There was a spark of pride in her voice. "I was the first female on that boat and definitely the first captain. My first mate Sue is watching over it while I travel."

It was at this time she just noticed how much time has passed, "Oh my, it seems I've trailed on a bit too much. Sorry."
untitled_by_starfruit_anon-dbeg952.png 0Hfrtrc.pngamika_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr7a.pngkeske_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr46.pngm34-02-book.pngSOH4.pngbPNtqmV.png
vJGwSlb.png
v2PJF9u.png
Tl1dGxE.png
d3OF3Gw.png
mlHpBMC.png

FObX7rS.png
6mVFIuV.png
783743517427367976.png
@dreamlogic

Voski smiles rubbing the back of his neck, thankful that his food is good enough for his guest. Refilling Sage's tea when it got low, and Fowl taking their bowl after finishing the last noodle. "Next time you come, I would love to make a favorite dish of yours." Voski mentions cleaning the counter, quickly perking his wings up stopping himself, "Oh! Before you leave, do you mind marking your tea shop on my map hanging up on the wall? I would love go to it, it'll be my first trip outside in ages~" the skydancer asks grabbing a red marker to have Sage use.

This tavern-keep has never left the Tavern, as much as he loves reading and listening to adventurous stories, and imagining himself to go on an adventure... He easily gets uncomfortable when he's not at... Home. Maybe someday that will change.

"I'm a huge fan of tea, and it would be an honor to try the drinks you serve"
@dreamlogic

Voski smiles rubbing the back of his neck, thankful that his food is good enough for his guest. Refilling Sage's tea when it got low, and Fowl taking their bowl after finishing the last noodle. "Next time you come, I would love to make a favorite dish of yours." Voski mentions cleaning the counter, quickly perking his wings up stopping himself, "Oh! Before you leave, do you mind marking your tea shop on my map hanging up on the wall? I would love go to it, it'll be my first trip outside in ages~" the skydancer asks grabbing a red marker to have Sage use.

This tavern-keep has never left the Tavern, as much as he loves reading and listening to adventurous stories, and imagining himself to go on an adventure... He easily gets uncomfortable when he's not at... Home. Maybe someday that will change.

"I'm a huge fan of tea, and it would be an honor to try the drinks you serve"
kZjIfse.gif
@cornleaf
"...Tempest. It's Tempest. And sorry for shouting at your familiar. I'm a bit...anxious around strangers."
She allowed the duck to play with her tail.
"Do you have anything with seafood? Preferable those native to the Shifting Expanse's waters?"
@cornleaf
"...Tempest. It's Tempest. And sorry for shouting at your familiar. I'm a bit...anxious around strangers."
She allowed the duck to play with her tail.
"Do you have anything with seafood? Preferable those native to the Shifting Expanse's waters?"
66.png
@cornleaf The door swung open by itself or the gust of wind, or what it seemed to be... [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40763438] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/407635/40763438_350.png[/img] [/url] A dark wildclaw, with green flames floating above her head and covered in wraps and rose thorns, entered the establishment. She walks like a bouncy spiral and she smiled warmly as she saw the small restaurant's interior as it reminds her of home. She took a seat and quickly brushed her long raven mane full of kelps and hair. Then, she held it up high and tied it with a hairband. She tried to approach Voski… Until she heard a big bang from the door. She watched as she saw her exhausted friend going inside the tavern. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41438595] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/414386/41438595_350.png[/img] [/url] A masked imperial with cherry red skeletal markings similar to Monty's slugged his way to the counter. He looked like he always smirking since childbirth. He sat down to the seat right beside Monty's. Monty, now more concerned, murmured to him, "Dante, it not a good idea to slam open the door... This is a restaurant, it can cause anyone to be scared of us." The imperial slouched away from Monty and sighed. "I know, quite disappointing... Sorry about that." "It's fine. Now let's order some food. You go first.", Monty said to Dante. "Hello sir! May I order a bowl of noodles with some meat and seafood please?", Dante said to Voski in a polite tone. He leaned his head toward his arm to rest his head. "Do you have any special dishes that is unique to this place? If so, I will order one as well.", Monty said with a smile.
@cornleaf

The door swung open by itself or the gust of wind, or what it seemed to be...

40763438_350.png

A dark wildclaw, with green flames floating above her head and covered in wraps and rose thorns, entered the establishment. She walks like a bouncy spiral and she smiled warmly as she saw the small restaurant's interior as it reminds her of home. She took a seat and quickly brushed her long raven mane full of kelps and hair. Then, she held it up high and tied it with a hairband. She tried to approach Voski… Until she heard a big bang from the door. She watched as she saw her exhausted friend going inside the tavern.

41438595_350.png

A masked imperial with cherry red skeletal markings similar to Monty's slugged his way to the counter. He looked like he always smirking since childbirth. He sat down to the seat right beside Monty's. Monty, now more concerned, murmured to him, "Dante, it not a good idea to slam open the door... This is a restaurant, it can cause anyone to be scared of us."

The imperial slouched away from Monty and sighed. "I know, quite disappointing... Sorry about that."

"It's fine. Now let's order some food. You go first.", Monty said to Dante.

"Hello sir! May I order a bowl of noodles with some meat and seafood please?", Dante said to Voski in a polite tone. He leaned his head toward his arm to rest his head.

"Do you have any special dishes that is unique to this place? If so, I will order one as well.", Monty said with a smile.
O2CQckQ.png8uFuUMu.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19 20