Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | What Genes Exemplify Your Flight?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Beany121 @SirenaSib they have a pretty nice primary range together but create a lot of variations in wings in their offspring. I'm aiming to manufacture gen2 flight reps. As a former arcane I think variety is itself magical so it could work, but it seems like a little bit of a stretch too.

Do you think variety is good or should I go more pinks and purples?
@Beany121 @SirenaSib they have a pretty nice primary range together but create a lot of variations in wings in their offspring. I'm aiming to manufacture gen2 flight reps. As a former arcane I think variety is itself magical so it could work, but it seems like a little bit of a stretch too.

Do you think variety is good or should I go more pinks and purples?
[TOOL] Another Dragon Pricing Calculator | [GUIDE] So You Want to Start a Hatchery 2 | [GUIDE] Sorneith Job Catalog | [A] Silverbow's Odds 'n Ends
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
@ScalyMaiden
I think the spiral girl is quite fitting, although with her more bluish tones she does make me think water more than wind, and something about the sd's lace (despite my fondness of the gene) takes him out of the wind aesthetic, otherwise I do like his colors!
@ScalyMaiden
I think the spiral girl is quite fitting, although with her more bluish tones she does make me think water more than wind, and something about the sd's lace (despite my fondness of the gene) takes him out of the wind aesthetic, otherwise I do like his colors!
@ScalyMaiden ooooh not bad, not bad, not bad! :0 I like the first one a lot though I do think the dual-tone in the wings is throwing me off a tad for the second one, maybe a cherub/morph/capsule? [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=174&bodygene=10&breed=11&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=14&tertgene=18&winggene=23&wings=17&auth=38ea6738d09f5cc101ecb18fb49b879019a7a813&dummyext=prev.png[/img] The morph makes the wing edge match the capsule which is cool
@ScalyMaiden

ooooh not bad, not bad, not bad! :0
I like the first one a lot though I do think the dual-tone in the wings is throwing me off a tad

for the second one, maybe a cherub/morph/capsule?

dragon?age=1&body=174&bodygene=10&breed=11&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=14&tertgene=18&winggene=23&wings=17&auth=38ea6738d09f5cc101ecb18fb49b879019a7a813&dummyext=prev.png

The morph makes the wing edge match the capsule which is cool
0gSKMbv.gif
@ScalyMaiden for the earth pair- personally im not wild about them together, just because their offspring seem pretty unpredictable and lack a cohesive ~theme. i dont think earth HAS to be limited to solely brown ranges... after all, dirt, minerals, and stones come in a bunch of colors and patterns. but sometimes the strong reds and oranges are overwhelming. they frequently roll pink secondaries that are way off base, and there have been quite a few progeny previews that have wings or crackle that are too blue-green. overall their offspring have decent chances of popping a weird combo that leaves it feeling really all over the place and kind of foddery.

with different mates closer to their own color ranges, they could be pretty cute! the first girl could be used to make a sort of "river rocks" aesthetic... and the boy strikes me as more of a "desert rocks" sort of thing.

crackle can be a decent gene, but its good that you plan on changing it. you especially have to be careful with crackle and how you use it in pairings, since it can really muddle a nice spread and make it look dirty/muddy in an unappealing way. opal is a great swap.
@ScalyMaiden for the earth pair- personally im not wild about them together, just because their offspring seem pretty unpredictable and lack a cohesive ~theme. i dont think earth HAS to be limited to solely brown ranges... after all, dirt, minerals, and stones come in a bunch of colors and patterns. but sometimes the strong reds and oranges are overwhelming. they frequently roll pink secondaries that are way off base, and there have been quite a few progeny previews that have wings or crackle that are too blue-green. overall their offspring have decent chances of popping a weird combo that leaves it feeling really all over the place and kind of foddery.

with different mates closer to their own color ranges, they could be pretty cute! the first girl could be used to make a sort of "river rocks" aesthetic... and the boy strikes me as more of a "desert rocks" sort of thing.

crackle can be a decent gene, but its good that you plan on changing it. you especially have to be careful with crackle and how you use it in pairings, since it can really muddle a nice spread and make it look dirty/muddy in an unappealing way. opal is a great swap.
92mMlBz.gif
@ScalyMaiden personally, i feel like the first scry feels more windy to me. i get what you were going with for the second scry but it just doesn't scream wind to me.
edit: by that i feel like the blue is throwing me off.
edit edit: i looove what you've done with the skydancer's genes! maybe you could try smoke for his tertiary?

our color palette consists of greens and oranges, so i feel like the first scry captures that better. plus, you can always try scattering for primal (if you can afford it lmao)

(btw sorry if you're getting billions of pings coz of my late edits haha)
@ScalyMaiden personally, i feel like the first scry feels more windy to me. i get what you were going with for the second scry but it just doesn't scream wind to me.
edit: by that i feel like the blue is throwing me off.
edit edit: i looove what you've done with the skydancer's genes! maybe you could try smoke for his tertiary?

our color palette consists of greens and oranges, so i feel like the first scry captures that better. plus, you can always try scattering for primal (if you can afford it lmao)

(btw sorry if you're getting billions of pings coz of my late edits haha)
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
2zEU4.gif

You matter.
i follow every thread i make
(+1 fr time)
5INS7.gif
@ScalyMaiden
Your first shadow has fairly light colors, but is pretty nonetheless! The other ones are great too, but I gotta say, I'm in love with that last one :0
@ScalyMaiden
Your first shadow has fairly light colors, but is pretty nonetheless! The other ones are great too, but I gotta say, I'm in love with that last one :0
LqtwImW.png9WgJ5w6.pnggalileo.png
@wyvernaura888 @Taguel Thanks for your help! Yeah I tried smoke for the SD male but I just really don't like how it looks- I feel like it muddies up the rest of the rest of his design: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=113&bodygene=1&breed=13&element=3&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=50&tertgene=7&winggene=13&wings=36&auth=677763eb7ae52c4790ba7fe11c513b3f601d3365&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Would maybe Firefly be better than the lace? Just bringing in more insect/flying stuff? [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=113&bodygene=1&breed=13&element=3&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=50&tertgene=22&winggene=13&wings=36&auth=ca366eeda18e0c7149cb2fbcc28138a0f4a304c1&dummyext=prev.png[/img] ----- As for the female, her range with him isn't [i]perfect[/i] (they can throw some pretty dark colors together, especially in the primary), but I think it's pretty good. Their secondary and tertiary push into the yellow/orange range while still allowing plenty of greens, and since I want them to be breeding pairs, that's as important as the overall look. Do you think there might be a gene that works with that aqua a little better? I'm trying to find genes that bring in some more green- but I feel like most of them make her look too dark: Jupiter [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=30&bodygene=14&breed=7&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=100&tertgene=7&winggene=1&wings=139&auth=af54b10a6266c0e562e80f586cf2ee6af55cc02f&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Cherub [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=30&bodygene=10&breed=7&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=100&tertgene=7&winggene=1&wings=139&auth=2728b87a80fc343b7103c856774277f16846bc86&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Skink [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=30&bodygene=15&breed=7&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=100&tertgene=7&winggene=1&wings=139&auth=dad6b5ffc474cf99a850415989dc51a9443fc89d&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
@wyvernaura888 @Taguel

Thanks for your help!

Yeah I tried smoke for the SD male but I just really don't like how it looks- I feel like it muddies up the rest of the rest of his design:

dragon?age=1&body=113&bodygene=1&breed=13&element=3&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=50&tertgene=7&winggene=13&wings=36&auth=677763eb7ae52c4790ba7fe11c513b3f601d3365&dummyext=prev.png

Would maybe Firefly be better than the lace? Just bringing in more insect/flying stuff?

dragon?age=1&body=113&bodygene=1&breed=13&element=3&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=50&tertgene=22&winggene=13&wings=36&auth=ca366eeda18e0c7149cb2fbcc28138a0f4a304c1&dummyext=prev.png

As for the female, her range with him isn't perfect (they can throw some pretty dark colors together, especially in the primary), but I think it's pretty good. Their secondary and tertiary push into the yellow/orange range while still allowing plenty of greens, and since I want them to be breeding pairs, that's as important as the overall look.

Do you think there might be a gene that works with that aqua a little better? I'm trying to find genes that bring in some more green- but I feel like most of them make her look too dark:

Jupiter
dragon?age=1&body=30&bodygene=14&breed=7&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=100&tertgene=7&winggene=1&wings=139&auth=af54b10a6266c0e562e80f586cf2ee6af55cc02f&dummyext=prev.png

Cherub
dragon?age=1&body=30&bodygene=10&breed=7&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=100&tertgene=7&winggene=1&wings=139&auth=2728b87a80fc343b7103c856774277f16846bc86&dummyext=prev.png

Skink
dragon?age=1&body=30&bodygene=15&breed=7&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=100&tertgene=7&winggene=1&wings=139&auth=dad6b5ffc474cf99a850415989dc51a9443fc89d&dummyext=prev.png
[TOOL] Another Dragon Pricing Calculator | [GUIDE] So You Want to Start a Hatchery 2 | [GUIDE] Sorneith Job Catalog | [A] Silverbow's Odds 'n Ends
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
@ScalyMaiden maybe try pinstripe/trail for the spiral?
@ScalyMaiden maybe try pinstripe/trail for the spiral?
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
2zEU4.gif

You matter.
i follow every thread i make
(+1 fr time)
5INS7.gif
@ScalyMaiden
definitely firefly for the male, and I would say maybe pinstripe for the female?? I think the bands of light and dark work really well to make her look breezy
@ScalyMaiden
definitely firefly for the male, and I would say maybe pinstripe for the female?? I think the bands of light and dark work really well to make her look breezy
@wyvernaura888 @Taguel Like this? [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=30&bodygene=22&breed=7&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=100&tertgene=7&winggene=1&wings=139&auth=f463739b03d632b9525a2cf5ec5d1bb4bd19904f&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
@wyvernaura888 @Taguel

Like this?

dragon?age=1&body=30&bodygene=22&breed=7&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=100&tertgene=7&winggene=1&wings=139&auth=f463739b03d632b9525a2cf5ec5d1bb4bd19904f&dummyext=prev.png
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10