Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | **Temporarily on Hold!**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@QuillofLimbo
Aww hello :3
I have to agree, you've pretty much got Chamomille pegged! I have yet to do anything with her bio, but she's my lair's herbalist and one of the healer's apprentices (she's also the healer's firstborn daughter coincidentally :p)
Oh my gosh, Enlightened is gorgeous *-* I loooove that skin on her. She seems like a very peaceful, herbal-tea kinda girl too! I bet she lets little birds hang out in those gladboughs ^^

@KeepStar Well doggone me, I let it slip again didn't I >.> My apologies!

Sirius thought for a moment, tilting his head from one side to the other as he recalled previous "incidents" he'd had.

"Well, I've had a few," he admitted finally. "The most notable was probably when I was working on something a little beyond my capability. It got out of control and--well, it...it didn't do any good, that's for sure."

A look of pain crossed the Skydancer's face. For a moment he was silent, debating whether or not to elaborate; with a heavy, inward sigh, he gradually went on, "My oldest daughter, Kiarra...she's my little helper, always there to give me ideas and help me with my projects...she was there when the accident happened. The machine we were working on had a leaking gas pipe, and we didn't realize until it was too late--everything blew up, and Kiarra..."

He shook his head, letting out another sigh. "Thank the Arcanist she survived, but her wings were pretty much ruined. I'll never really forgive myself for it. But, together, we've managed to create some mechanical wings and braces that give her back her ability to fly. She's a bright kid, she really is, and she took everything so well."

A look a pride flashed over his visage as he spoke of his little girl and her resilience. "She's just the same as she ever was, the little hotshot."

Maize nodded, focusing her attention on the spell now that everything around she and Amarr had gone dark. Finally, she managed to create the little globe of light.

Beaming with satisfaction, the Imperial watched the globe for a moment before looking over at Amarr in the glow.

"Who as your mentor?" Maize asked the Tundra curiously. "They must have been incredibly talented to teach everything you know now."

Seryn was by nature a very curious dragon, always looking for new knowledge and understanding; when the strange, sharp-tongued Skydancer had offered the Imperial a paw, the grey dragoness almost considered taking it.

That was, until a huge, furry Gaoler burst onto the scene.

Seryn scrambled out of the way, nodding mutely in response to Mortis' explanation of "Gaoler business". When the tussle stopped, the grey dragoness dared to come closer again, asking, "What--what was that all about?"

Looking at the Gaoler, she noted, with a gesture at Lucis Furor, "You said something about transferring evil? Is she Shade-corrupted?"
@QuillofLimbo
Aww hello :3
I have to agree, you've pretty much got Chamomille pegged! I have yet to do anything with her bio, but she's my lair's herbalist and one of the healer's apprentices (she's also the healer's firstborn daughter coincidentally :p)
Oh my gosh, Enlightened is gorgeous *-* I loooove that skin on her. She seems like a very peaceful, herbal-tea kinda girl too! I bet she lets little birds hang out in those gladboughs ^^

@KeepStar Well doggone me, I let it slip again didn't I >.> My apologies!

Sirius thought for a moment, tilting his head from one side to the other as he recalled previous "incidents" he'd had.

"Well, I've had a few," he admitted finally. "The most notable was probably when I was working on something a little beyond my capability. It got out of control and--well, it...it didn't do any good, that's for sure."

A look of pain crossed the Skydancer's face. For a moment he was silent, debating whether or not to elaborate; with a heavy, inward sigh, he gradually went on, "My oldest daughter, Kiarra...she's my little helper, always there to give me ideas and help me with my projects...she was there when the accident happened. The machine we were working on had a leaking gas pipe, and we didn't realize until it was too late--everything blew up, and Kiarra..."

He shook his head, letting out another sigh. "Thank the Arcanist she survived, but her wings were pretty much ruined. I'll never really forgive myself for it. But, together, we've managed to create some mechanical wings and braces that give her back her ability to fly. She's a bright kid, she really is, and she took everything so well."

A look a pride flashed over his visage as he spoke of his little girl and her resilience. "She's just the same as she ever was, the little hotshot."

Maize nodded, focusing her attention on the spell now that everything around she and Amarr had gone dark. Finally, she managed to create the little globe of light.

Beaming with satisfaction, the Imperial watched the globe for a moment before looking over at Amarr in the glow.

"Who as your mentor?" Maize asked the Tundra curiously. "They must have been incredibly talented to teach everything you know now."

Seryn was by nature a very curious dragon, always looking for new knowledge and understanding; when the strange, sharp-tongued Skydancer had offered the Imperial a paw, the grey dragoness almost considered taking it.

That was, until a huge, furry Gaoler burst onto the scene.

Seryn scrambled out of the way, nodding mutely in response to Mortis' explanation of "Gaoler business". When the tussle stopped, the grey dragoness dared to come closer again, asking, "What--what was that all about?"

Looking at the Gaoler, she noted, with a gesture at Lucis Furor, "You said something about transferring evil? Is she Shade-corrupted?"
Ah ok! That's awesome :D my mistake then, I guess
Also thank you! I managed to snag her off AH for a really good price actually. She probably does let critters live in her gladboughs, now that I think about it
Ah ok! That's awesome :D my mistake then, I guess
Also thank you! I managed to snag her off AH for a really good price actually. She probably does let critters live in her gladboughs, now that I think about it
Untitled2767-20230428214125.pngUntitled2937-20240214232602.png

@NirinTallisbane

Physics was unsure how to respond. Death was something she just didnt understand. not because she couldnt experience loss (she could), but because she had never experienced it. "Sorry if that upset you" She said. "I didnt think..." she paused, uynsure what to say. "Stratus would be pretty Frustrated if he had that happen to one of his comrades" she said in an attempt to comfort the dragon. Physics thought about what she said. does he really have comrades? Sibs? a partner? he acts like he doesnt. but it seems like he does.

The darkness faded as Amarr mused over the question. "Dream, He is...rather shy" Amarr said casually as she duplicated several dog-eared pages from her tome and refrence. "Here are some spells for you when you want to leave" she said. "They are a few dozen pages of simple spells you might find useful. "Dont lose them" She warned. The casuall tone in her voice suddenly vanishing and replaced with a grim mood.

"Not only that" Mitanni said, not even bothering to hide the frustration in his voice, "but i am unable to do it myself, my half-sister thinks she is contained well enough, and The Fortress of ends still has yet to send a overseer to cleanse the shade out of our light flight representatave!" his rage spiked on the last portion of his complaint. He pounded the ground in his frustration. Although he was just a keeper, He had hatched as a mirror, and as a result, magic balked him. All he could do was keep his target from causing trouble until the overseer arrived, if they ever did.
@NirinTallisbane

Physics was unsure how to respond. Death was something she just didnt understand. not because she couldnt experience loss (she could), but because she had never experienced it. "Sorry if that upset you" She said. "I didnt think..." she paused, uynsure what to say. "Stratus would be pretty Frustrated if he had that happen to one of his comrades" she said in an attempt to comfort the dragon. Physics thought about what she said. does he really have comrades? Sibs? a partner? he acts like he doesnt. but it seems like he does.

The darkness faded as Amarr mused over the question. "Dream, He is...rather shy" Amarr said casually as she duplicated several dog-eared pages from her tome and refrence. "Here are some spells for you when you want to leave" she said. "They are a few dozen pages of simple spells you might find useful. "Dont lose them" She warned. The casuall tone in her voice suddenly vanishing and replaced with a grim mood.

"Not only that" Mitanni said, not even bothering to hide the frustration in his voice, "but i am unable to do it myself, my half-sister thinks she is contained well enough, and The Fortress of ends still has yet to send a overseer to cleanse the shade out of our light flight representatave!" his rage spiked on the last portion of his complaint. He pounded the ground in his frustration. Although he was just a keeper, He had hatched as a mirror, and as a result, magic balked him. All he could do was keep his target from causing trouble until the overseer arrived, if they ever did.
I have a subspecies. click here to view it.This is a tutorial that you might find useful. interaction thread, please post.show me your /drs posts here! this is a wiki that desperately needs people.bYt72YT.pngv2PJF9u.png
@KeepStar

Sirius shook his head, shooting Physics a smile. "Oh no, I'm not upset! I'll forever be frustrated at myself for letting something like that happen, but Kiarra's made sure I don't blame myself too hard. As for Stratus, yes, I'm sure it would be devastating to lose a comrade. I've never entirely lost someone before in my line of work."

He paused, tilting his head and asking, "This Stratus now, was he the one who created you?"

He was getting a little mixed up on who was who; the Bogsneak had mentioned several different names, and he wasn't sure who was artificial and who was a living dragon.

"Oh, I'll be very careful," Maize promised, nodding solemnly as she accepted the pages. "And thank you very much--maybe someday I'll get to be as great a magic-user as you and your mentor are!"

"Sounds frustrating," Seryn said sympathetically, watching the Gaoler's display of frustration. "I'd be angry too if I was in your situation."

She paused a moment, glancing between Mortis, Lucis Furor, and the Gaoler, asking, "Maybe it's useless to offer, but is there anything I can do to help?"

She didn't know much about Gaolers, the Fortress of Ends, or their orders; it was one of the few topics she hadn't been able to read much about because of the scarcity of information on it. She was eager to learn though, even if she couldn't do much to help.
@KeepStar

Sirius shook his head, shooting Physics a smile. "Oh no, I'm not upset! I'll forever be frustrated at myself for letting something like that happen, but Kiarra's made sure I don't blame myself too hard. As for Stratus, yes, I'm sure it would be devastating to lose a comrade. I've never entirely lost someone before in my line of work."

He paused, tilting his head and asking, "This Stratus now, was he the one who created you?"

He was getting a little mixed up on who was who; the Bogsneak had mentioned several different names, and he wasn't sure who was artificial and who was a living dragon.

"Oh, I'll be very careful," Maize promised, nodding solemnly as she accepted the pages. "And thank you very much--maybe someday I'll get to be as great a magic-user as you and your mentor are!"

"Sounds frustrating," Seryn said sympathetically, watching the Gaoler's display of frustration. "I'd be angry too if I was in your situation."

She paused a moment, glancing between Mortis, Lucis Furor, and the Gaoler, asking, "Maybe it's useless to offer, but is there anything I can do to help?"

She didn't know much about Gaolers, the Fortress of Ends, or their orders; it was one of the few topics she hadn't been able to read much about because of the scarcity of information on it. She was eager to learn though, even if she couldn't do much to help.
@NirinTallisbane "Im Stratus" The blue Fae said a small, shiny spider perching on his shoulder. "I created the cytherlings" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52041608] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/520417/52041608_350.png[/img] [/url] "I had help" he said. "From BrightBlade. They all have a special paintjob that makes them look real except when you shine an infrared lamp on them." he paused, letting the concept sink in before pulling out a small bulb and several lengths of wire. "do i have any volunteers?" he asked. Physics thought about it, then she looked at steelpecker, they had been told about it, but they had only tested the paint once. "Do we have to do it now?" Physics begged. Stratus knew it was because she didnt want to mebarrass herself in front of a crowd, but Stratus said "you dont have to" he answered "Ill do it" Steelpecker said. as he turned and lay flat on the ground. hic back hadnt fallen apart as much as his front did, but there were still several missing metal plates and expiosed machinery. Stratus connected the bulb to his coat and the dragons back began to change color. a sizable amber square appeared on each of the coatl's wings until stratus disconnected the bulb from his coat. The coatl stood again. "most of them dont care, but Physics thinks it is embarassing." he said. ... Its not you im afraid of, it is you losing the spells. You just saw the dragon fight over by Mortis. right?" Amarr paused, waiting for an answer. ... "I tried to cleanse a few longnecks who were in my clan, but the spell requires a lot of focus and presecion." he said. "one mistake, and you remove the creature's personality, memory, or involuntary functions from its mind and soul, giving the shade complete controll over the body instead of partial controll." he paused "there was a lot of death that day. "you cant just stick your hand into a dragons soul and know what your looking for. Every dragons mind is different and that means you have to look a different place in each one's head. The shade also doesnt hide in dark places sometimes. sometimse, especially when the shadowbinder is also attemting to do 'various things' in that dragon or creatures head, the shade will try and hide in other locations, often close to well guarded memories, creating 'complications'" mitanni's frustration crumbled onto sadness., them masked itself. "That is all i am able to tell you" he said apathetically.
@NirinTallisbane

"Im Stratus" The blue Fae said a small, shiny spider perching on his shoulder. "I created the cytherlings"

52041608_350.png

"I had help" he said. "From BrightBlade. They all have a special paintjob that makes them look real except when you shine an infrared lamp on them." he paused, letting the concept sink in before pulling out a small bulb and several lengths of wire. "do i have any volunteers?" he asked.

Physics thought about it, then she looked at steelpecker, they had been told about it, but they had only tested the paint once. "Do we have to do it now?" Physics begged. Stratus knew it was because she didnt want to mebarrass herself in front of a crowd, but Stratus said "you dont have to" he answered "Ill do it" Steelpecker said. as he turned and lay flat on the ground. hic back hadnt fallen apart as much as his front did, but there were still several missing metal plates and expiosed machinery. Stratus connected the bulb to his coat and the dragons back began to change color. a sizable amber square appeared on each of the coatl's wings until stratus disconnected the bulb from his coat. The coatl stood again. "most of them dont care, but Physics thinks it is embarassing." he said.

Its not you im afraid of, it is you losing the spells. You just saw the dragon fight over by Mortis. right?" Amarr paused, waiting for an answer.

"I tried to cleanse a few longnecks who were in my clan, but the spell requires a lot of focus and presecion." he said. "one mistake, and you remove the creature's personality, memory, or involuntary functions from its mind and soul, giving the shade complete controll over the body instead of partial controll." he paused "there was a lot of death that day. "you cant just stick your hand into a dragons soul and know what your looking for. Every dragons mind is different and that means you have to look a different place in each one's head. The shade also doesnt hide in dark places sometimes. sometimse, especially when the shadowbinder is also attemting to do 'various things' in that dragon or creatures head, the shade will try and hide in other locations, often close to well guarded memories, creating 'complications'" mitanni's frustration crumbled onto sadness., them masked itself. "That is all i am able to tell you" he said apathetically.
I have a subspecies. click here to view it.This is a tutorial that you might find useful. interaction thread, please post.show me your /drs posts here! this is a wiki that desperately needs people.bYt72YT.pngv2PJF9u.png
@KeepStar

"Fascinating!" Sirius exclaimed, intrigued as he watched the Fae, Stratus, show the special paint job his "Cytherlings" had. "And you created this yourself? Oh, uh--with the help of BrightBlade, of course. How did you come up with the idea? Do these Cytherlings have any special purposes?"

"Yes, I believe I did," Maize answered, nodding. "At least I saw some of it before I started focusing on the spell."

Carefully she folded up the pages Amarr had given her, intending to pack them safely away in her bags for her journey.

Seryn listened with interest and sympathy to the Gaoler's explanation. What he described did sound very complicated.

"The Shade is an intelligent foe," she agreed, frowning slightly at the thought of the dark entity. "But I'm impressed that you're able to do as much as you do to combat it. I don't think I've ever met anyone who knew how to 'cleanse' a being of the Shade like that."
@KeepStar

"Fascinating!" Sirius exclaimed, intrigued as he watched the Fae, Stratus, show the special paint job his "Cytherlings" had. "And you created this yourself? Oh, uh--with the help of BrightBlade, of course. How did you come up with the idea? Do these Cytherlings have any special purposes?"

"Yes, I believe I did," Maize answered, nodding. "At least I saw some of it before I started focusing on the spell."

Carefully she folded up the pages Amarr had given her, intending to pack them safely away in her bags for her journey.

Seryn listened with interest and sympathy to the Gaoler's explanation. What he described did sound very complicated.

"The Shade is an intelligent foe," she agreed, frowning slightly at the thought of the dark entity. "But I'm impressed that you're able to do as much as you do to combat it. I don't think I've ever met anyone who knew how to 'cleanse' a being of the Shade like that."
@NirinTallisbane

"BrightBlade showed me a damaged bot on his ship I simply took what code i could salvage, and fixed it...with a few stweaks. Sornieth dragons are different from what he was." Stratus answered "Steelpecker was the first attempt. Drone was the second. Physics was the third and first sucessful attempt." He said, gesturing to the bogsneak. Then you have a few dosen more. annd thats about it. They were all augumented for various purpouses, but they all function alongside normal dragons. They have a sense of concept, understanding, memory, and are sentient." he finished unsure of that this dragon would say.

"Good. The skydancer is shade-touched. if she got her hands on any powerful spells, this world would end." amarr said, making sure the point was driven home. "All eleven dieties and most of the Gaolers are already concerned that i keep my spells in such xlose proximity to the shade, so there are a lot of traps within theese books." she said, not giving the details of the traps and guard spells. "Its one of the reasons i haven't considering an apprentice...yet. you were my first attempt"

"Only a few dragons, most being a handful of overseers and wardens, maguses, my half-sister, the Lightweaver, Stormcatcher, Arcanist, and Icewarden can perform the spell, and only a few hundred other dragons even know it exists." he said. "i cant do it, all I can do is contain targets effectively. There is a reason we only have one effective light Representatave" he said, his apathy concealing more and more of his inner nature. a simple tactic he had learned to keep out mind readers, no matter how subtle or strong they were. it could block both magic, physical and psychic attempts of all but the most powerful prophets and sorcerers.
@NirinTallisbane

"BrightBlade showed me a damaged bot on his ship I simply took what code i could salvage, and fixed it...with a few stweaks. Sornieth dragons are different from what he was." Stratus answered "Steelpecker was the first attempt. Drone was the second. Physics was the third and first sucessful attempt." He said, gesturing to the bogsneak. Then you have a few dosen more. annd thats about it. They were all augumented for various purpouses, but they all function alongside normal dragons. They have a sense of concept, understanding, memory, and are sentient." he finished unsure of that this dragon would say.

"Good. The skydancer is shade-touched. if she got her hands on any powerful spells, this world would end." amarr said, making sure the point was driven home. "All eleven dieties and most of the Gaolers are already concerned that i keep my spells in such xlose proximity to the shade, so there are a lot of traps within theese books." she said, not giving the details of the traps and guard spells. "Its one of the reasons i haven't considering an apprentice...yet. you were my first attempt"

"Only a few dragons, most being a handful of overseers and wardens, maguses, my half-sister, the Lightweaver, Stormcatcher, Arcanist, and Icewarden can perform the spell, and only a few hundred other dragons even know it exists." he said. "i cant do it, all I can do is contain targets effectively. There is a reason we only have one effective light Representatave" he said, his apathy concealing more and more of his inner nature. a simple tactic he had learned to keep out mind readers, no matter how subtle or strong they were. it could block both magic, physical and psychic attempts of all but the most powerful prophets and sorcerers.
@KeepStar

Sirius shook his head in awe.

"Incredible," he repeated, probably for the tenth time.

He wished he had the capability to create such machines--they were so lifelike, intelligent and fully functional. Imagine all the tasks they could be used for, especially in situations where regular dragons were less than efficient or might be put in danger.

"You must be very proud of your work," he said to Stratus, looking at Physics and Steelpecker admiringly.

Maize's eyes widened in surprise at Amarr's response.

"Really?" she asked. "Well, I--I'm honored! Thank you for taking a chance on me. I greatly appreciate it. If you ever need any help in your studies or magical endeavors, I would be more than happy to assist--whenever I've returned from my travels, that is."

Seryn was no mindreader, though she had been called a good judge of character.

Nodding absently at the Gaoler's explanation, she murmured, "That's fascinating. You say your own half-sister knows how to use this special magic? At any rate, even if you don't do it yourself, guarding and containing targets has to be just as important a skill."

Looking to Mortis, she added, "You seem to have a clan filled with many amazing talents."
@KeepStar

Sirius shook his head in awe.

"Incredible," he repeated, probably for the tenth time.

He wished he had the capability to create such machines--they were so lifelike, intelligent and fully functional. Imagine all the tasks they could be used for, especially in situations where regular dragons were less than efficient or might be put in danger.

"You must be very proud of your work," he said to Stratus, looking at Physics and Steelpecker admiringly.

Maize's eyes widened in surprise at Amarr's response.

"Really?" she asked. "Well, I--I'm honored! Thank you for taking a chance on me. I greatly appreciate it. If you ever need any help in your studies or magical endeavors, I would be more than happy to assist--whenever I've returned from my travels, that is."

Seryn was no mindreader, though she had been called a good judge of character.

Nodding absently at the Gaoler's explanation, she murmured, "That's fascinating. You say your own half-sister knows how to use this special magic? At any rate, even if you don't do it yourself, guarding and containing targets has to be just as important a skill."

Looking to Mortis, she added, "You seem to have a clan filled with many amazing talents."
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53379412] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/533795/53379412_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Vine here shyly walked up to Chamomile and asks "Do you like to grow thingss?"

Vine here shyly walked up to Chamomile and asks "Do you like to grow thingss?"
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Stafshall Park (OPEN!!!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
@NirinTallisbabe AAAH I really would like to try this out but I can’t decide any dragons to use or ongoing scenario- plus I’d rather you maybe choose anyone of interest? Feel free with any setting or dragon because I love to work with whatever :0c
@NirinTallisbabe AAAH I really would like to try this out but I can’t decide any dragons to use or ongoing scenario- plus I’d rather you maybe choose anyone of interest? Feel free with any setting or dragon because I love to work with whatever :0c
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10