Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Lore Legacy]Legends of Magic and Scales
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/TPFwIlq.png[/img][/center] [i]First a few words of introduction. What is this? Well, this is a collection of stories of the lives of dragons. But, in contrast to normal Lore in the Flight Rising Universe this one takes place in a version of Sornieth that is very much different from the one this site shows us. This one is a more traditional fantasy world, one where dragons and magic coexist with humans, elves, dwarves and many, many more things and surprises. Here dragons have been created in ancient times by the gods themselves, and this are their stories, their lives, families and the fate of the realm they live in….. This is something like a lore-driven Alphabet Legacy challenge. This means every dragon gets lore and through them I’ll tell the story of the land around them and of themselves of course. The rules I will follow are simple: Take two dragons with A-Names from the AH. They have to be opposite genders and compatible. Let them grow up and breed them. Take the children, name them with B-Names. Pick a Heir. Get that Heir a partner and breed those. Go on until you are sick of it. A Heir will be chosen by looks of course. Species and Genes that are less present in the past will get preferred over those seen many times before. Any dragon can show elemental traits of either of the parents decided by RNG. Their eye-color does not determine that lore-wise. This will be set at birth. I may breed a pair more than once if I keep them for long enough. Dragons will be up for sale in a separate thread as well though. The longer I have a dragon the more lore it will get. A dragon might die if I have it too long and will be exalted then. Now, the best part: Anyone can introduce dragons and be a part of this. Grab you own pair and add them as a Generation 1 pair, or take one of my children and join a later generation. You don’t need to follow my naming conventions to do that, but you can. Please do not cross-breed generations. Preferably only bred legacy dragons to unbred dragons or dragons from the same legacy generation (So you can introduce your own Gen1 and breed with one of mine if you buy it from me). Each Dragon will have a post of their own in which their story will be told. That post will be updated as I write it. In between things posts will be made to inform about nests build and children hatched. Stay tuned....[/i]
TPFwIlq.png
First a few words of introduction. What is this?
Well, this is a collection of stories of the lives of dragons. But, in contrast to normal Lore in the Flight Rising Universe this one takes place in a version of Sornieth that is very much different from the one this site shows us. This one is a more traditional fantasy world, one where dragons and magic coexist with humans, elves, dwarves and many, many more things and surprises. Here dragons have been created in ancient times by the gods themselves, and this are their stories, their lives, families and the fate of the realm they live in…..

This is something like a lore-driven Alphabet Legacy challenge. This means every dragon gets lore and through them I’ll tell the story of the land around them and of themselves of course.

The rules I will follow are simple:
Take two dragons with A-Names from the AH. They have to be opposite genders and compatible. Let them grow up and breed them.
Take the children, name them with B-Names. Pick a Heir. Get that Heir a partner and breed those. Go on until you are sick of it.
A Heir will be chosen by looks of course. Species and Genes that are less present in the past will get preferred over those seen many times before.
Any dragon can show elemental traits of either of the parents decided by RNG. Their eye-color does not determine that lore-wise. This will be set at birth.

I may breed a pair more than once if I keep them for long enough. Dragons will be up for sale in a separate thread as well though. The longer I have a dragon the more lore it will get. A dragon might die if I have it too long and will be exalted then.

Now, the best part: Anyone can introduce dragons and be a part of this. Grab you own pair and add them as a Generation 1 pair, or take one of my children and join a later generation. You don’t need to follow my naming conventions to do that, but you can.

Please do not cross-breed generations. Preferably only bred legacy dragons to unbred dragons or dragons from the same legacy generation (So you can introduce your own Gen1 and breed with one of mine if you buy it from me).

Each Dragon will have a post of their own in which their story will be told. That post will be updated as I write it. In between things posts will be made to inform about nests build and children hatched. Stay tuned....
NRlNc1V.png 9qPaIC9.png
[center][size=6]Legacy Dragons[/size][/center] [u]Generation 1:[/u] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52198349][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/521984/52198349.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2689417#post_39118920]Ahern, Wings of Thunder[/url] | [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52157792][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/521578/52157792.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2689417#post_39118921]Aurel, Flowing Shadows[/url]
Legacy Dragons

Generation 1:

52198349.png Ahern, Wings of Thunder | 52157792.png Aurel, Flowing Shadows
NRlNc1V.png 9qPaIC9.png
[center][size=4]Ahern, The Wings of Thunder[/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52198349] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/521984/52198349_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]First-Born of the Ancients[/i] In the beginning the land was wild and untamed. The gods saw the lands and the animals within them, and they were satisfied for a while. But gods are jealous things, simply creating something small like the animals wasn’t enough for them. The animals were things they all did together, something they had struggled together over. After it was done they agreed that something with more intelligence, something with more understanding, was needed. They all agreed to create some being like that, guardians of the realm that held power over the elements. Nazhren was the first to create a dragon for the realm. He build a being with scales like storm-clouds, rippled and painted in shades of blue and black. It had four short legs build for running and with strength hidden beneath the skin. It’s massive wings were colored in a brilliant yellow, sparkling streaks of gold decorating them. Her eyes shone in an electric blue as she blinked around the world for the first time. “Your name shall be Ahern. You will command lightning like I do, you are fast and agile and you take to the skies to ride the storms. This world is empty save for your now, but others will come. Find friends, partners and also rivals in them. Make this world what you want it to be.” With that Ahern was alone. The ground under her claws was hard stone, a plateau high up in the mountains. Just the sky with its dark clouds over her heads as she took her first steps. But rocks where hard and cold and boring she understood even as small as she was. The world was big, she knew and so she wanted to explore. She raised her head and the wind stroked her face softly. She hummed softly and stretched her wings for the first time. Finally she took off running, using her long legs to gain speed before jumping high into the sky. Her wings unfolded high in the air and she flew. She really flew, like the wind around her she darted through the sky like she was born for it. Sailing in between the mountains and exploring peaks and valleys as they came into sight. She was free and wild and she wanted to have some fun.
Ahern, The Wings of Thunder

52198349_350.png

First-Born of the Ancients

In the beginning the land was wild and untamed. The gods saw the lands and the animals within them, and they were satisfied for a while.

But gods are jealous things, simply creating something small like the animals wasn’t enough for them. The animals were things they all did together, something they had struggled together over. After it was done they agreed that something with more intelligence, something with more understanding, was needed. They all agreed to create some being like that, guardians of the realm that held power over the elements.

Nazhren was the first to create a dragon for the realm. He build a being with scales like storm-clouds, rippled and painted in shades of blue and black. It had four short legs build for running and with strength hidden beneath the skin. It’s massive wings were colored in a brilliant yellow, sparkling streaks of gold decorating them. Her eyes shone in an electric blue as she blinked around the world for the first time.

“Your name shall be Ahern. You will command lightning like I do, you are fast and agile and you take to the skies to ride the storms. This world is empty save for your now, but others will come. Find friends, partners and also rivals in them. Make this world what you want it to be.”

With that Ahern was alone. The ground under her claws was hard stone, a plateau high up in the mountains. Just the sky with its dark clouds over her heads as she took her first steps. But rocks where hard and cold and boring she understood even as small as she was. The world was big, she knew and so she wanted to explore. She raised her head and the wind stroked her face softly.

She hummed softly and stretched her wings for the first time. Finally she took off running, using her long legs to gain speed before jumping high into the sky. Her wings unfolded high in the air and she flew. She really flew, like the wind around her she darted through the sky like she was born for it. Sailing in between the mountains and exploring peaks and valleys as they came into sight.
She was free and wild and she wanted to have some fun.
NRlNc1V.png 9qPaIC9.png
[center][size=4]Aurel, Flowing Shadows[/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52157792] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/521578/52157792_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Second Born of the Ancients[/i] Nazhren’s creation did not remain unnoticed, of course. Others saw and reacted. The first of those was Imjir. He reached into the fabric of the world, took the deep black-blue shadows the dawn painted into the woods and formed a being from them. A long creature, reminiscent of a serpent, with scales shining and shimmering in the fleeting light, painting all the colors of the sky. The big wings as they unfolded revealed a darker blue, flowing and shimmering as the dark shadows around them, dark lines painting complicated moving patterns on them in any moment. His head was adorned with a flowing blue many and crowned by a set of impressive antlers. Eyes as deep and dark as night opened as the creature uncurled it’s long body and lifted it’s head. “Listen, and listen well my child. I am Imjir, and you my creation shall be Aurel. You shall flow from the shadows and dance with them as would I. But you shall also make sure to look over the balance of this world, collect the knowledge it can give you and protect it. Look for the ones my brothers and sister will create, and get to know them. Always keep your eyes open.” With that Aurel was alone, filled only with a longing to see as much as he could, learn as much as there was to learn. And so he set out, through the trees surrounding him. He quickly found the other being that shared this world with him. Animals, the creatures of the woods. Impressive stags with racks of antlers rivaling his own, small rabbits running around the trees and through the shrubs, packs of wolves roaming the land looking for prey, bird that flew the sky without effort and so much more. He spent a long time just watching, unnoticed. He blended into the shadows effortlessly on a thought, evaded the watchful eyes of any of the critters he observed with interest. Days passed like that. Weeks, then months. Aurel found himself lonely in his woods. He started to approach the creatures he watched over. At first they startled seeing him, fled his form towering over them. Then they learned quickly that he was not to be feared, approached him with curiosity and without fear. But still it wasn’t enough, because these were not real companions. Until one day, where the woods that had become his home met with massive towering mountains, jagged bodies of stones and earth, he met a being he didn’t know yet. It was a bit smaller than him, on four legs longer than his, scales a stormy dark blue and wings in yellow and gold. Eyes like a storm that looked at him as the thing landed between his trees. “Who are you?” He asked, suddenly certain that this one was created from the gods like he had been. “My name is Ahern, child of thunder and you are?” “I am Aurel. I come from the shadows.” He responded, his lips curling into a smile.
Aurel, Flowing Shadows

52157792_350.png

Second Born of the Ancients

Nazhren’s creation did not remain unnoticed, of course. Others saw and reacted. The first of those was Imjir. He reached into the fabric of the world, took the deep black-blue shadows the dawn painted into the woods and formed a being from them.

A long creature, reminiscent of a serpent, with scales shining and shimmering in the fleeting light, painting all the colors of the sky. The big wings as they unfolded revealed a darker blue, flowing and shimmering as the dark shadows around them, dark lines painting complicated moving patterns on them in any moment. His head was adorned with a flowing blue many and crowned by a set of impressive antlers. Eyes as deep and dark as night opened as the creature uncurled it’s long body and lifted it’s head.

“Listen, and listen well my child. I am Imjir, and you my creation shall be Aurel. You shall flow from the shadows and dance with them as would I. But you shall also make sure to look over the balance of this world, collect the knowledge it can give you and protect it. Look for the ones my brothers and sister will create, and get to know them. Always keep your eyes open.”

With that Aurel was alone, filled only with a longing to see as much as he could, learn as much as there was to learn. And so he set out, through the trees surrounding him.

He quickly found the other being that shared this world with him. Animals, the creatures of the woods. Impressive stags with racks of antlers rivaling his own, small rabbits running around the trees and through the shrubs, packs of wolves roaming the land looking for prey, bird that flew the sky without effort and so much more.

He spent a long time just watching, unnoticed. He blended into the shadows effortlessly on a thought, evaded the watchful eyes of any of the critters he observed with interest. Days passed like that. Weeks, then months.

Aurel found himself lonely in his woods. He started to approach the creatures he watched over. At first they startled seeing him, fled his form towering over them. Then they learned quickly that he was not to be feared, approached him with curiosity and without fear. But still it wasn’t enough, because these were not real companions.

Until one day, where the woods that had become his home met with massive towering mountains, jagged bodies of stones and earth, he met a being he didn’t know yet. It was a bit smaller than him, on four legs longer than his, scales a stormy dark blue and wings in yellow and gold. Eyes like a storm that looked at him as the thing landed between his trees.

“Who are you?” He asked, suddenly certain that this one was created from the gods like he had been.

“My name is Ahern, child of thunder and you are?”

“I am Aurel. I come from the shadows.” He responded, his lips curling into a smile.
NRlNc1V.png 9qPaIC9.png
[center][size=4]New Ties[/size] [img]https://flightrising.com/images/nests/7/3healthy_0dead.png[/img] [i]The First Nest[/i] Ahern and Aurel became fast friends. The two dragons explored their respective homes together. Aurel was happy to show Ahern his woods, to introduce the smaller dragon to the creatures and critters living there. He also showed her how he flowed into the shadows, amazed to hear she could not do that. In return she showed him her mountains. They were jagged, windy and lacking in a lot of vegetation. But even here Aurel could find creatures and plants he did not know and wanted to learn about. Aurel quickly learned that while he could flow into the shadows and fly to get around, Ahern’s abilities in the air much surpassed his. Where he was a slow and stable flier she was fast, acrobatic. She danced in the air, was much faster than he could comfortably get and seemed only really happy when she took to the skies. She also showed him that she could breathe lightning, electricity crackling out of her open maw at her command. They explored their worlds together for a while, until neither could think of a life without the other. That was also how it came one day, after a year they’d lived together, the two dragons found themselves watching over a nest. A clutch of three eggs, hidden in a grove in the forest, nestled into an old hollowed tree stump. Softly glowing with something like starlight, or like sparks jumping under the hard shell. The two dragons knew then, that they’d watch over these eggs and protect them with their lives. They saw the tiny lights of life deep in the eggs cores, and wanted to show the children they would bring their world. Ahern and Aurel alternated watching over the eggs, keeping them safe and warm while the other roamed free, watching over the area and also their partner. [I](It's been a long time since I did anything here, but here we go kicking this off for real. Here's the first nest, the start of the legacy for real. I'll be back in five/six days or so with the children, a new bit of story and an heir chosen.)[/i]
New Ties

3healthy_0dead.png

The First Nest

Ahern and Aurel became fast friends. The two dragons explored their respective homes together. Aurel was happy to show Ahern his woods, to introduce the smaller dragon to the creatures and critters living there. He also showed her how he flowed into the shadows, amazed to hear she could not do that.

In return she showed him her mountains. They were jagged, windy and lacking in a lot of vegetation. But even here Aurel could find creatures and plants he did not know and wanted to learn about.

Aurel quickly learned that while he could flow into the shadows and fly to get around, Ahern’s abilities in the air much surpassed his. Where he was a slow and stable flier she was fast, acrobatic. She danced in the air, was much faster than he could comfortably get and seemed only really happy when she took to the skies. She also showed him that she could breathe lightning, electricity crackling out of her open maw at her command.

They explored their worlds together for a while, until neither could think of a life without the other. That was also how it came one day, after a year they’d lived together, the two dragons found themselves watching over a nest. A clutch of three eggs, hidden in a grove in the forest, nestled into an old hollowed tree stump. Softly glowing with something like starlight, or like sparks jumping under the hard shell.

The two dragons knew then, that they’d watch over these eggs and protect them with their lives. They saw the tiny lights of life deep in the eggs cores, and wanted to show the children they would bring their world.

Ahern and Aurel alternated watching over the eggs, keeping them safe and warm while the other roamed free, watching over the area and also their partner.

(It's been a long time since I did anything here, but here we go kicking this off for real. Here's the first nest, the start of the legacy for real. I'll be back in five/six days or so with the children, a new bit of story and an heir chosen.)
NRlNc1V.png 9qPaIC9.png