Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | FL/GHT - Break Free, Take Flight
1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 93 94
Hello, FL/GHT! I hope you've had time to try out the riddles and had fun following the trail of dragons to the lore! If not, no worries - it seems that FL/GHT Intelligence has managed to uncover the truth behind the events transpiring several days ago. You can view it here by clicking on the banner below:(credits to @/Necramancy for the banner itself!) [url=https://www.flght.net/v-is-for-vice] [img]https://cdn1.bbcode0.com/uploads/2021/5/17/11ce31200c3a506991fc6d98ada76f65-full.png[/img][/url] That being said, you can now register dragons under a new category: Rogues! Rogues are dragons unaffiliated with Project, FL/GHT or Unity, and generally have their own agendas within the universe. They may have had their origins from within any of the above-mentioned organizations, but for whatever reasons have chosen to break away and strike out on their own, or with others similarly unaffiliated. This was something requested by several users awhile back, and I'm happy to announce that now you'll be able to sign up your dragon within the universe without forcing them to pick a side! Thanks for staying with us for two years, and we at FL/GHT hope you'll continue to follow our stories! (Pinglist has been snipped)

Hello, FL/GHT!

I hope you've had time to try out the riddles and had fun following the trail of dragons to the lore! If not, no worries - it seems that FL/GHT Intelligence has managed to uncover the truth behind the events transpiring several days ago. You can view it here by clicking on the banner below:(credits to @/Necramancy for the banner itself!)

11ce31200c3a506991fc6d98ada76f65-full.png

That being said, you can now register dragons under a new category: Rogues! Rogues are dragons unaffiliated with Project, FL/GHT or Unity, and generally have their own agendas within the universe. They may have had their origins from within any of the above-mentioned organizations, but for whatever reasons have chosen to break away and strike out on their own, or with others similarly unaffiliated. This was something requested by several users awhile back, and I'm happy to announce that now you'll be able to sign up your dragon within the universe without forcing them to pick a side!

Thanks for staying with us for two years, and we at FL/GHT hope you'll continue to follow our stories!

(Pinglist has been snipped)
Oh, this is awesome!
Oh, this is awesome!
YES! I like the idea of rogue dragons!
YES! I like the idea of rogue dragons!
You can make offers on my dragons! No promises, though :)
She/Her | FR+1 | Artist/Writer
Oooh! Nice!
Oooh! Nice!
wolf_animated6.gif____________Don't mind the lore, I swear I'm nice!_____________sV98jdU.png
Ooooh inspiration gain!
Ooooh inspiration gain!
hu72dVR.png
oh cool!! here's to more robot dragon adventures!
oh cool!! here's to more robot dragon adventures!
AOFzhcD.png x >hurry
>she/her
>fr +3
>avatar
>about
x >lore
>origamis
>wishlist
>uma sales
>pings ok
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/52222065][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/522221/52222065_350.png[/img][/url] I want to register empire as a member ^-^ [s]Currently thinking a rogue field unit who stumbles upon my fl/ght boy. Panics and considers killing him; unsure why she's not with flight anymore. She decides to pretend she was sent to assist based on the field unit/intelligence relationship. She's mostly organic with what are essentially mobility aids (the steam punk wing thingers) and has an interface to be augmented cybernetically. As a nocturne she passed the teamwork portions of the test with flying colours. She does feel more comfortable with a partner but she sometimes makes choices and wants things that Firebrand ain't down for.[/s] Strangers all around. Em shied away and was surprised by clinks and clicks. She diverted her precious attention from the unknown dragons to the unknown devices on her. The little dragon tensed, braced for the pain, as she opened her wing to inspect the contraption. None came. The device whirred as she moved, aiding her achey muscles. With wide eyes she extended then retracted her wings. Now the strangers were smiling. One said, "Do you like it, little one?" She smiled back, as was in her nature, and nodded. Field unit training wasn't difficult for Em. The teamwork exercises were where she really excelled; she thrived with having a partner. As she learned about FL/GHT, she also learned about their enemies. Dragons with few qualms about delicate moral issues. Dragons who put science above personhood. These were terrible dragons, or so they told. With time she began to form her own opinions. Broken enhancements, frustration at her own weak flesh: these things colored her perspective. She felt defective, and she hated it. Those shining metal aids were beautiful. Once the kinks were worked out, they were infinitely more reliable than herself. She pushed for more, sent in requests to all the right dragons. The urge to replace everything broken in herself could not easily be quieted. But they refused. She was left half perfected. She wasn't quiet about her views. How she saw herself, and other cyborgs, was no secret. Over time she crept dangerously close to views that were not tolerated in FL/GHT. Some called her a Project sympathizer. That was a dangerous label. She wasn't safe with those who would condemn a valid point of view. She left them before they could leave her. With all her tech she fled. Being a rogue was a lonely life. She went from place to place with no real home. Her only aim for a long while was to get away from headquarters. This led her to a remote clan in the everbloom gardens. At first it seemed a paradise. Dragons living rustically but not judging her technological parts. Then she saw Him. Firebrand. Intelligence division of FL/GHT. Here on an information gathering, long term mission. If she were to stay, he'd have to go. One report would mean the end for her. She knew how his people felt about dragons like her. To say nothing of runaways! Yes, they could not know of her. She shadowed him for days. Watched his movements. Bid her time. Unexpectedly, she began to appreciate him. He was closer to perfection than she was: most of him had been replaced in a life saving procedure. Mirroring his movements, his manners, his routine, it was... soothing. She hasn't had a partner- strictly in an operative sense- in a very long time. He was certainly intelligent. He fulfilled his role well. Most interestingly, he seemed to be archiving his intelligence. The reports were not being sent directly to FL/GHT. Rather, they were stored in secure files that were set to send upon either his command or his death. This she could work with. Even better, he did not know her tells; lying would be a breeze. She just needed to feed him enough to make him content, not overwork any matter. A fitting challenge, outfoxing the intelligence officer. @rei711 I believe I have fleshed it out sufficiently now
52222065_350.png
I want to register empire as a member ^-^

Currently thinking a rogue field unit who stumbles upon my fl/ght boy. Panics and considers killing him; unsure why she's not with flight anymore. She decides to pretend she was sent to assist based on the field unit/intelligence relationship. She's mostly organic with what are essentially mobility aids (the steam punk wing thingers) and has an interface to be augmented cybernetically.
As a nocturne she passed the teamwork portions of the test with flying colours. She does feel more comfortable with a partner but she sometimes makes choices and wants things that Firebrand ain't down for.

Strangers all around. Em shied away and was surprised by clinks and clicks. She diverted her precious attention from the unknown dragons to the unknown devices on her. The little dragon tensed, braced for the pain, as she opened her wing to inspect the contraption. None came. The device whirred as she moved, aiding her achey muscles. With wide eyes she extended then retracted her wings.
Now the strangers were smiling. One said, "Do you like it, little one?"
She smiled back, as was in her nature, and nodded.

Field unit training wasn't difficult for Em. The teamwork exercises were where she really excelled; she thrived with having a partner.
As she learned about FL/GHT, she also learned about their enemies. Dragons with few qualms about delicate moral issues. Dragons who put science above personhood. These were terrible dragons, or so they told.
With time she began to form her own opinions. Broken enhancements, frustration at her own weak flesh: these things colored her perspective. She felt defective, and she hated it. Those shining metal aids were beautiful. Once the kinks were worked out, they were infinitely more reliable than herself. She pushed for more, sent in requests to all the right dragons. The urge to replace everything broken in herself could not easily be quieted.
But they refused.
She was left half perfected.
She wasn't quiet about her views. How she saw herself, and other cyborgs, was no secret. Over time she crept dangerously close to views that were not tolerated in FL/GHT.
Some called her a Project sympathizer. That was a dangerous label. She wasn't safe with those who would condemn a valid point of view.
She left them before they could leave her. With all her tech she fled.

Being a rogue was a lonely life. She went from place to place with no real home. Her only aim for a long while was to get away from headquarters.
This led her to a remote clan in the everbloom gardens.
At first it seemed a paradise. Dragons living rustically but not judging her technological parts.

Then she saw Him. Firebrand. Intelligence division of FL/GHT. Here on an information gathering, long term mission.
If she were to stay, he'd have to go. One report would mean the end for her. She knew how his people felt about dragons like her. To say nothing of runaways! Yes, they could not know of her.
She shadowed him for days. Watched his movements. Bid her time.

Unexpectedly, she began to appreciate him. He was closer to perfection than she was: most of him had been replaced in a life saving procedure. Mirroring his movements, his manners, his routine, it was... soothing. She hasn't had a partner- strictly in an operative sense- in a very long time.
He was certainly intelligent. He fulfilled his role well. Most interestingly, he seemed to be archiving his intelligence. The reports were not being sent directly to FL/GHT. Rather, they were stored in secure files that were set to send upon either his command or his death.
This she could work with.
Even better, he did not know her tells; lying would be a breeze. She just needed to feed him enough to make him content, not overwork any matter. A fitting challenge, outfoxing the intelligence officer.

@rei711 I believe I have fleshed it out sufficiently now
Looking for some dragons!futYkXZ.pngw8o0xW1.png
@sp580s
Just to be clear: do you want her to be an ex-FL/GHT member who is no longer affiliated with anyone, or is she originally unaffiliated with anyone? From what I'm reading, I think you mean ex-FL/GHT member, but just wanted to be sure.

What reason would she have to consider killing your existing FL/GHT member? Could you elaborate more on how and why she decides to pretend she's still with FL/GHT? I'd also like to hear why she decided to leave FL/GHT!
@sp580s
Just to be clear: do you want her to be an ex-FL/GHT member who is no longer affiliated with anyone, or is she originally unaffiliated with anyone? From what I'm reading, I think you mean ex-FL/GHT member, but just wanted to be sure.

What reason would she have to consider killing your existing FL/GHT member? Could you elaborate more on how and why she decides to pretend she's still with FL/GHT? I'd also like to hear why she decided to leave FL/GHT!
[quote name="rei711" date="2021-05-29 23:38:51" ] @/sp580s Just to be clear: do you want her to be an ex-FL/GHT member who is no longer affiliated with anyone, or is she originally unaffiliated with anyone? From what I'm reading, I think you mean ex-FL/GHT member, but just wanted to be sure. What reason would she have to consider killing your existing FL/GHT member? Could you elaborate more on how and why she decides to pretend she's still with FL/GHT? I'd also like to hear why she decided to leave FL/GHT! [/quote] I was planning on figuring that out, as I said I was very sleepy and could not write the full lore quite yet. Just wanted to jot down what I had so I would remember it and posting here so I can find it again or whatever. The short answers are: yes ex-FL/GHT I'm still figuring out why she'd want to kill, but I'm thinking she did not leave the organization on good terms (so to your last question I'm also still figuring this out), and is worried he's gonna get her in trouble I'm also still figuring that out. Probably realizes he hasn't been in contact with the organization for two years (he's in my clan being like... anthropologist.. and studying this clans culture and how the species interact) I probably won't have time to flesh it out today either but tomorrow night ill have some time on my hands.
rei711 wrote on 2021-05-29 23:38:51:
@/sp580s

I was planning on figuring that out, as I said I was very sleepy and could not write the full lore quite yet. Just wanted to jot down what I had so I would remember it and posting here so I can find it again or whatever.

The short answers are:
yes ex-FL/GHT
I'm still figuring out why she'd want to kill, but I'm thinking she did not leave the organization on good terms (so to your last question I'm also still figuring this out), and is worried he's gonna get her in trouble
I'm also still figuring that out. Probably realizes he hasn't been in contact with the organization for two years (he's in my clan being like... anthropologist.. and studying this clans culture and how the species interact)

I probably won't have time to flesh it out today either but tomorrow night ill have some time on my hands.
Looking for some dragons!futYkXZ.pngw8o0xW1.png
@sp580s
Lovely elaboration! I just wanted to clarify really quick to make sure I'm reading this right, she left because she despised her flesh body and felt that cybernetics were superior, or...? I really like the idea you're going with so far, I just want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding you!
@sp580s
Lovely elaboration! I just wanted to clarify really quick to make sure I'm reading this right, she left because she despised her flesh body and felt that cybernetics were superior, or...? I really like the idea you're going with so far, I just want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding you!
1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 93 94