Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Cicero's Familiar Matching
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21 22
@Lednik I don't have the operating power to go super in-depth on these, but I wanted to tackle these right away, before I forget about it and remember to do it several days later. This time, I did put my favorite suggestions first, but the rest of the order is still random. Enjoy! For Obsidian: [item=Graveyard Guardian][item=Rambra][item=Buff Laced Cockatrice][item=Smokebillow Sham][item=Time Devourer] For Karma: [item=Vigorous Goblet][item=Laybrush Larcenist][item=Stormclaw Showman][item=Ashen Bicorn Whale][item=Animated Statue] For Xol: [item=Dapplemane Deceiver][item=Silver Kitsune][item=Harlequin Stagwing][item=Webwing Alpha][item=Ball-Jointed Bogsneak] For Kaguchi: [item=Spirit of Fire][item=Dreadram][item=Glowing Globe][item=Cinderkelp Loach][item=Vermillion Epiptite]
@Lednik

I don't have the operating power to go super in-depth on these, but I wanted to tackle these right away, before I forget about it and remember to do it several days later. This time, I did put my favorite suggestions first, but the rest of the order is still random. Enjoy!

For Obsidian:
Graveyard Guardian Rambra Buff Laced Cockatrice Smokebillow Sham Time Devourer

For Karma:
Vigorous Goblet Laybrush Larcenist Stormclaw Showman Ashen Bicorn Whale Animated Statue

For Xol:
Dapplemane Deceiver Silver Kitsune Harlequin Stagwing Webwing Alpha Ball-Jointed Bogsneak

For Kaguchi:
Spirit of Fire Dreadram Glowing Globe Cinderkelp Loach Vermillion Epiptite
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
wanna help me with Willow? I really want her to have something scarier than her plant :P [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54667080] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/546671/54667080_350.png[/img] [/url]
wanna help me with Willow? I really want her to have something scarier than her plant :P

54667080_350.png

https://imgur.com/rv3YbWH.png https://imgur.com/q7fPxR2.png
W95DLKk.png art by Helbram
1E8JFs6.png [img][/img]nvsyV.gif
@NightmareJudge Oooooh I love what you're doing here, thank you so much! I'd be really grateful if you could help me with these two, I really don't know what to do with them and an outsider's input is just what I need! [Rule] Rhea, honestly anything that would match her colour scheme would be perfect! [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41922121] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/419222/41922121_350.png[/img] [/url] Iaphere, something related to the [s]poorly written lore[/s] I have for him would do great, but don't torture yourself with it! Even just finding a matching familiar would be more than enough! [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34454430] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/344545/34454430_350.png[/img] [/url]
@NightmareJudge

Oooooh I love what you're doing here, thank you so much!
I'd be really grateful if you could help me with these two, I really don't know what to do with them and an outsider's input is just what I need!

Rhea, honestly anything that would match her colour scheme would be perfect!

41922121_350.png

Iaphere, something related to the poorly written lore I have for him would do great, but don't torture yourself with it! Even just finding a matching familiar would be more than enough!

34454430_350.png

R9q6x.gif(xxxxx)zgyUH.gif(xxxxx)oLxfF.gif
| 9+ FR Time |Current Project | Italian | Dressing Room Help |Lore Thread
@Ceilingfen Very cool! I couldn't find any iguanas to fit her backstory, but if you ask me, "raised by rats" or "raised by Serthis" could be just as cool. I love her skin and outfit, too; they really make her eyes pop! [item=Rat King][item=Contaminated Ambassador][item=Infestation Hound][item=Warped Gryphon][item=Gladeveins Needletooth] [rule] @HoraDusk Thanks! She's quite dark and regal, so I had fun with the royal reds and purples. You could probably wring some thematic lore out of any one of these, so I hope they'll inspire you in some way! [item=Tengu][item=Laybrush Larcenist][item=Black Dwarf Unicorn][item=Darktouched Chimera][item=Scroll Stealer] Self-critique is good, but don't sell yourself short! The lore itself is really cool; I love the image of a wasteland bogeyman, a fearful figure of folklore for hatchlings and travelers alike. You've even got a traditional ritual tie-in with the bones and the vulture. Keep working on it, and enjoy some thematic familiars to match! [item=Nochnyr][item=Contagion Gem Guardian][item=Contaminated Ambassador][item=Deadland Disciple][item=Graveyard Guardian]
@Ceilingfen

Very cool! I couldn't find any iguanas to fit her backstory, but if you ask me, "raised by rats" or "raised by Serthis" could be just as cool. I love her skin and outfit, too; they really make her eyes pop!

Rat King Contaminated Ambassador Infestation Hound Warped Gryphon Gladeveins Needletooth
@HoraDusk

Thanks! She's quite dark and regal, so I had fun with the royal reds and purples. You could probably wring some thematic lore out of any one of these, so I hope they'll inspire you in some way!

Tengu Laybrush Larcenist Black Dwarf Unicorn Darktouched Chimera Scroll Stealer

Self-critique is good, but don't sell yourself short! The lore itself is really cool; I love the image of a wasteland bogeyman, a fearful figure of folklore for hatchlings and travelers alike. You've even got a traditional ritual tie-in with the bones and the vulture. Keep working on it, and enjoy some thematic familiars to match!

Nochnyr Contagion Gem Guardian Contaminated Ambassador Deadland Disciple Graveyard Guardian
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares

-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
thank you, I didn't think of those guys :3
thank you, I didn't think of those guys :3
https://imgur.com/rv3YbWH.png https://imgur.com/q7fPxR2.png
W95DLKk.png art by Helbram
1E8JFs6.png [img][/img]nvsyV.gif
@NightmareJudge here's my next pair for ya: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57645820] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/576459/57645820_350.png[/img] [/url] Zamji is a warrior through and through and also seriously hero-worships Ikaroa, so he'd want a familiar that could fight alongside him in the Coliseum like Ikaroa's steelhound. Other than that, go wild. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58161703] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/581618/58161703_350.png[/img] [/url] You remember Lothar, my dracopsychologist, right? I want him to have a familiar that can be helpful at keeping patients calm and relaxed during sessions. Since one of his main patients is Horehound, bestclan fams are out. (also, totally unrelated but now I kinda want a dragon whose lore involves being raised by serthis >.> )
@NightmareJudge here's my next pair for ya:

57645820_350.png

Zamji is a warrior through and through and also seriously hero-worships Ikaroa, so he'd want a familiar that could fight alongside him in the Coliseum like Ikaroa's steelhound. Other than that, go wild.

58161703_350.png

You remember Lothar, my dracopsychologist, right? I want him to have a familiar that can be helpful at keeping patients calm and relaxed during sessions. Since one of his main patients is Horehound, bestclan fams are out.

(also, totally unrelated but now I kinda want a dragon whose lore involves being raised by serthis >.> )
mine-birb1.png x he/him | FR + 4
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 59953779.png
@NightmareJudge im back! im making a new display tab, i'd really appreciate your input!

here

quetzalcoatl: a very shy and anxious corn farmer who is an anthro snake
charles: oops this kid is evil now. needs a black and possibly goopy familiar of some sort, because he commands the...
black tezcatlipoca: goop slime. represents peace. puts people in comas.
white tezcatlipoca: a bow (like the archery kind), represents mercy, heals people
red tezcatlipoca: a scythe, represents judgement, big scary lava

edit: also just acquired chalchiutlicue! she's a really adventurous and sarcastic lizard. she likes goofing off but also shouldn't be messed with.
@NightmareJudge im back! im making a new display tab, i'd really appreciate your input!

here

quetzalcoatl: a very shy and anxious corn farmer who is an anthro snake
charles: oops this kid is evil now. needs a black and possibly goopy familiar of some sort, because he commands the...
black tezcatlipoca: goop slime. represents peace. puts people in comas.
white tezcatlipoca: a bow (like the archery kind), represents mercy, heals people
red tezcatlipoca: a scythe, represents judgement, big scary lava

edit: also just acquired chalchiutlicue! she's a really adventurous and sarcastic lizard. she likes goofing off but also shouldn't be messed with.
Thanks for your patience, guys! I wanted to make sure I was feeling 100% before I tackled so many dragons at once. @withoutwords I like how his color scheme is almost the inverse of Ikaroa's Steelhound, with red scales and grey accents, instead of the other way around. It's fun to imagine the kind of skills and tactics each companion would have in battle; most of them are pretty straightfoward, but you could use the otherwise-harmless Loga or Buttersnake as an excellent distraction. [item=Dreadram][item=Veiled Vision][item=Sunspot Clouddancer][item=Loga][item=Mimic Buttersnake] I remember him! I tried to search for soothing familiars, ranging from therapy animals to calming decor. Personally, I was most inspired by the Lesser Wisp; I'd imagine it would function as a pleasant distraction for patients, sort of like a lava lamp. Given the flavor text, I wouldn't be surprised if it could literally absorb excess magic from dragons in distress, in order to prevent accidents if they get too agitated. [item=Lesser Wisp][item=Seaweed Scavenger][item=Living Luminance][item=Tuxedo Floracat][item=Spinel Vulstal] [rule] @kylonaberrie I'm ignoring the extra Wildclaw & Tundras, since they weren't mentioned in your post, but feel free to post them if they need matches! I have very passing knowledge of Aztec mythology, but I mostly worked from your descriptions. For what it's worth, most of their current familiars are pretty good matches as-is! Quetzalcoatl; [item=Ringlet Amphithere][item=Kyorinrin][item=Glassbound Gustvul][item=Aerborne Ambassador][item=Grassland Skira] Charles; [item=Sundial Gem Guardian][item=Tar-Trooper Slarg][item=Obscuring Goblin][item=Ichor Nymph][item=Spidered Seat] Black Tezcatlipoca; [item=Shadow Sprite][item=Spirit of Shadow][item=Insubstantial Illusionist][item=Nightfall Imp][item=Ethereal Trickster] White Tezcatlipoca; [item=Flora Cerdae][item=Stonewatch Harpy][item=Living Sculpture][item=Ensorcelled Volume][item=Colubrid Column] Red Tezcatlipoca; [item=Scythe Kamaitachi][item=Smokebillow Sham][item=Glowing Globe][item=Magma Runner][item=Molten Wartoad] Chalchiutlicue; [item=Noxious Coralclimber][item=Brightwing Dwarf Hainu][item=Quetzeel][item=Cloud Chaser][item=Bubble Nymph]
Thanks for your patience, guys! I wanted to make sure I was feeling 100% before I tackled so many dragons at once.

@withoutwords

I like how his color scheme is almost the inverse of Ikaroa's Steelhound, with red scales and grey accents, instead of the other way around. It's fun to imagine the kind of skills and tactics each companion would have in battle; most of them are pretty straightfoward, but you could use the otherwise-harmless Loga or Buttersnake as an excellent distraction.

Dreadram Veiled Vision Sunspot Clouddancer Loga Mimic Buttersnake

I remember him! I tried to search for soothing familiars, ranging from therapy animals to calming decor. Personally, I was most inspired by the Lesser Wisp; I'd imagine it would function as a pleasant distraction for patients, sort of like a lava lamp. Given the flavor text, I wouldn't be surprised if it could literally absorb excess magic from dragons in distress, in order to prevent accidents if they get too agitated.

Lesser Wisp Seaweed Scavenger Living Luminance Tuxedo Floracat Spinel Vulstal
@kylonaberrie

I'm ignoring the extra Wildclaw & Tundras, since they weren't mentioned in your post, but feel free to post them if they need matches! I have very passing knowledge of Aztec mythology, but I mostly worked from your descriptions. For what it's worth, most of their current familiars are pretty good matches as-is!

Quetzalcoatl;
Ringlet Amphithere Kyorinrin Glassbound Gustvul Aerborne Ambassador Grassland Skira

Charles;
Sundial Gem Guardian Tar-Trooper Slarg Obscuring Goblin Ichor Nymph Spidered Seat

Black Tezcatlipoca;
Shadow Sprite Spirit of Shadow Insubstantial Illusionist Nightfall Imp Ethereal Trickster

White Tezcatlipoca;
Flora Cerdae Stonewatch Harpy Living Sculpture Ensorcelled Volume Colubrid Column

Red Tezcatlipoca;
Scythe Kamaitachi Smokebillow Sham Glowing Globe Magma Runner Molten Wartoad

Chalchiutlicue;
Noxious Coralclimber Brightwing Dwarf Hainu Quetzeel Cloud Chaser Bubble Nymph
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares

-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
@NightmareJudge ooh, thanks so much for these picks! the series these guys are from is based on american folklore, mythology, and religion, primarily aztec but also with some other stuff thrown in like inuit figures, logger tall tales, various historical figures, etc. its one of my top faves ever so i'm making a display tab for it :)

the airborne ambassador is perfect for quetzalcoatl, especially since he has wind powers and was raised by a fox. i'll just have to find another familiar for poor jolene, i keep swapping out on her lol.

i'm stilllll not sure about the black tez & charles, i initially had them swapped w the sprite and the slarg, but also the ichor nymph and the insubstantial illusionist are good and goopy... the ichor nymph in particular matches crystal imagery also associated with the black tez in the show, so i'll probably give that to one of them. thanks for showing me it!

i'll probably keep the white tez bc bowman, sorry i troubled you with that one, i discovered the bowman a while after i made my post ^^;;;

the red tez, there just doesn't seem to be a whole lot of lava/magma familiars that aren't just orange! guess i gotta get my paws on that toad!

and the quetzeel is PERFECT for chalchiutlique, perfect colour match. thanks :DDD

if you have time i'd love your input on the other five, i got them after i made the initial post.

hueyhueycoyotl: friendly trickster, bombastic sneak, associated with crafting and also stealing
blue tezcatlipoca: the "liberation machete," a sword that represents freedom and can cut through magic. is blue with electricity motif
xochipilli: careless & playful, associated with trees the colour yellow, and is the hear no evil from the monkey trio
xochiquetzal: kind, gentle, associated with butterflies and music, and also yellow. speak no evil.
ixtlilton: serious & practical. associated with healing and the colour black. see no evil.
@NightmareJudge ooh, thanks so much for these picks! the series these guys are from is based on american folklore, mythology, and religion, primarily aztec but also with some other stuff thrown in like inuit figures, logger tall tales, various historical figures, etc. its one of my top faves ever so i'm making a display tab for it :)

the airborne ambassador is perfect for quetzalcoatl, especially since he has wind powers and was raised by a fox. i'll just have to find another familiar for poor jolene, i keep swapping out on her lol.

i'm stilllll not sure about the black tez & charles, i initially had them swapped w the sprite and the slarg, but also the ichor nymph and the insubstantial illusionist are good and goopy... the ichor nymph in particular matches crystal imagery also associated with the black tez in the show, so i'll probably give that to one of them. thanks for showing me it!

i'll probably keep the white tez bc bowman, sorry i troubled you with that one, i discovered the bowman a while after i made my post ^^;;;

the red tez, there just doesn't seem to be a whole lot of lava/magma familiars that aren't just orange! guess i gotta get my paws on that toad!

and the quetzeel is PERFECT for chalchiutlique, perfect colour match. thanks :DDD

if you have time i'd love your input on the other five, i got them after i made the initial post.

hueyhueycoyotl: friendly trickster, bombastic sneak, associated with crafting and also stealing
blue tezcatlipoca: the "liberation machete," a sword that represents freedom and can cut through magic. is blue with electricity motif
xochipilli: careless & playful, associated with trees the colour yellow, and is the hear no evil from the monkey trio
xochiquetzal: kind, gentle, associated with butterflies and music, and also yellow. speak no evil.
ixtlilton: serious & practical. associated with healing and the colour black. see no evil.
@NightmareJudge Buttersnake: *cha cha chas across the battlefield* monsters: [img]https://i.postimg.cc/3NxjDmKs/silence.gif[/img] ------- I'm gonna go with the sunspot clouddancer for Zamji, because color matchy and also an aggressive familiar is perfect for the warboy. I'm also digging the Lesser Wisp for Lothar; not only is it neat-looking, but I like the idea of it acting as a magic buffer. Gonna hold off on writing about that until I'm done with [i]Truce[/i], though. Pretty sure there's only one or two more parts to that, at least; depends on how may tangents I go off on.
@NightmareJudge

Buttersnake: *cha cha chas across the battlefield*
monsters: silence.gif

I'm gonna go with the sunspot clouddancer for Zamji, because color matchy and also an aggressive familiar is perfect for the warboy.

I'm also digging the Lesser Wisp for Lothar; not only is it neat-looking, but I like the idea of it acting as a magic buffer. Gonna hold off on writing about that until I'm done with Truce, though. Pretty sure there's only one or two more parts to that, at least; depends on how may tangents I go off on.
mine-birb1.png x he/him | FR + 4
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 59953779.png
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21 22