Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Copper Cave - Subspecies Hub
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 53 54
Well, when it comes to Crystal, the lore is that the dragon ends up coated with minerals, right? They still glow, it's just that the glow is broken up by passing through the crystals.
Well, when it comes to Crystal, the lore is that the dragon ends up coated with minerals, right? They still glow, it's just that the glow is broken up by passing through the crystals.
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
@Rosekitten

Maybe you could run a poll in some way to see what the general consensus is? Not sure about how to work out the mechanics of that, though.

To be fair, the glimmer lore description is geared towards the dragon assimilating part of their environment (minerals from pools) into themselves.... maybe the idea with crystal is that the dragon has themselves been mineralized by their environment? That being said, based on my experiences with limestone caves, at least, crackle or a white crystal might be a better visual for that. : P

It does make sense for it to be an anomaly (that is more common in certain isolated populations, potentially.) like the non-copper dragons.
@Rosekitten

Maybe you could run a poll in some way to see what the general consensus is? Not sure about how to work out the mechanics of that, though.

To be fair, the glimmer lore description is geared towards the dragon assimilating part of their environment (minerals from pools) into themselves.... maybe the idea with crystal is that the dragon has themselves been mineralized by their environment? That being said, based on my experiences with limestone caves, at least, crackle or a white crystal might be a better visual for that. : P

It does make sense for it to be an anomaly (that is more common in certain isolated populations, potentially.) like the non-copper dragons.
not 100% sure, i haven't had the chance to go through and read all the lore.. i was going to try and slim it down to be easier to read for new folks to the group.

If that's the case I'm fine leaving that alone that is for sure. I just know some of the new genes that count as paints .. i need to make a color list for ... x.x
not 100% sure, i haven't had the chance to go through and read all the lore.. i was going to try and slim it down to be easier to read for new folks to the group.

If that's the case I'm fine leaving that alone that is for sure. I just know some of the new genes that count as paints .. i need to make a color list for ... x.x
What would you
attempt
if you could not
fail?
mirna_by_pupmew-dcgjmvo.png snapper_button.png
Good luck.
Good luck.
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
I'll need it ..
I'll need it ..
What would you
attempt
if you could not
fail?
Man, I missed so much change about the Subspecies. And I also hope this is now the official/active thread? [emoji=guardian confused] I still breed Copper Caves, but I don't have much time anymore to advertise my offspring in the sales thread or keep track at all. [emoji=guardian sleepy] [emoji=dna] Anyway, I'm surprised that Alloy is now accepted, but Crystal in consideration of being removed? I personally would prefer Crystal to remain an official primary, since I am trying to breed a Crystal/Facet pair since ages. ^^ [emoji=brown gem] Another thing I am wondering about is, if Peacock will be added to the official tertiary gene list? I already had a nest of Copper Cave Peacocks, but wasn't sure if I could put the official logo in their bio because of Peacock not being mentioned on the list. For me Peacock works very well as a Copper Cave gene (depending on the colour though...), like this old lady looks much better with peacock than before with runes. [emoji=peacock feather] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29086768] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/290868/29086768_350.png[/img] [/url] And @Rosekitten, you have taken over the administration now? Good luck and all the best with it and I hope there is not too much work involved getting everything together. [emoji=rainbow star 2]
Man, I missed so much change about the Subspecies. And I also hope this is now the official/active thread?
I still breed Copper Caves, but I don't have much time anymore to advertise my offspring in the sales thread or keep track at all.

Anyway, I'm surprised that Alloy is now accepted, but Crystal in consideration of being removed? I personally would prefer Crystal to remain an official primary, since I am trying to breed a Crystal/Facet pair since ages. ^^

Another thing I am wondering about is, if Peacock will be added to the official tertiary gene list? I already had a nest of Copper Cave Peacocks, but wasn't sure if I could put the official logo in their bio because of Peacock not being mentioned on the list.
For me Peacock works very well as a Copper Cave gene (depending on the colour though...), like this old lady looks much better with peacock than before with runes.

29086768_350.png

And @Rosekitten, you have taken over the administration now? Good luck and all the best with it and I hope there is not too much work involved getting everything together.
copper_cave_icons_skydancer_by_kritzelkrams-db5cxp1.pngtumblr_inline_nb93jmKisp1qg78ij.pngnuuskamuikkunen1bis_by_jollyrotten-d9ylbxu.pngbrtMyPq.gif
@Nuuskamuikkunen crystal is staying. Genes were more or less being discussed due to the updates being quite behind (im in the middle of prepping to move next month so I've been a bit behind in finishing the new updates as well but after I move I should be able to finish for sure). There are a few new terts that will be added or are presently added.. but I have to make a list for a few of them as it was decided there would be some restrictions on colors for some of them.. I just need to make the list and reformat the code to make things easy to read and pretty again.. Dx sorry for the slow process! [center][emoji=dna][/center] presently the tert genes are the following: Genes: Basic (any color), Capsule, Contour, Gembond, Ghost, Glimmer, Lace, Okapi, Opal, Runes, Scales, Smirch, Spines, Underbelly these can be in any colors but the plan is to add in peacock, and ringlets at the very least. but both with limited colors, peacock to mainly keep the copper cave look with it or close/similar colors and ringlets where it covers so much of the bodies on most of the dragons has to be in certain color ranges to keep with the over all glow or paint theme of the copper cave dragons. :3 I'm not sure if any others will be added or not. I'd personally like fireflies but I don't really see them as a dragon gene.. so to say? I'd ask the other copper cave mods on discord before I added in any gene to the list to make sure others agreed with the idea behind the gene or the colors allowed. [center][emoji=new friend][/center] Also thank you, I am indeed taking it over and trying to put everything together in a nice and easy to read format.. I plan to try and get more lore added to the group so people can play around with that as they see fit as well. :3 It's a lot to go through but not at the same time as it's just masses of information that has built up over time.. the hard part is making it easy to read and inviting for those thinking of joining the Copper cave dragons as lore/breeding/or otherwise. <3 [center][emoji=rainbow star 1][/center] edit: the above lady would still be a copper cave with the peacock, it's one of the colors in the list that I think still is in the theme of the subspecies. ^^ [center][emoji=brown gem][/center]
@Nuuskamuikkunen

crystal is staying. Genes were more or less being discussed due to the updates being quite behind (im in the middle of prepping to move next month so I've been a bit behind in finishing the new updates as well but after I move I should be able to finish for sure).

There are a few new terts that will be added or are presently added.. but I have to make a list for a few of them as it was decided there would be some restrictions on colors for some of them.. I just need to make the list and reformat the code to make things easy to read and pretty again.. Dx sorry for the slow process!

presently the tert genes are the following:
Genes: Basic (any color), Capsule, Contour, Gembond, Ghost, Glimmer, Lace, Okapi, Opal, Runes, Scales, Smirch, Spines, Underbelly

these can be in any colors but the plan is to add in peacock, and ringlets at the very least. but both with limited colors, peacock to mainly keep the copper cave look with it or close/similar colors and ringlets where it covers so much of the bodies on most of the dragons has to be in certain color ranges to keep with the over all glow or paint theme of the copper cave dragons. :3

I'm not sure if any others will be added or not. I'd personally like fireflies but I don't really see them as a dragon gene.. so to say? I'd ask the other copper cave mods on discord before I added in any gene to the list to make sure others agreed with the idea behind the gene or the colors allowed.

Also thank you, I am indeed taking it over and trying to put everything together in a nice and easy to read format.. I plan to try and get more lore added to the group so people can play around with that as they see fit as well. :3 It's a lot to go through but not at the same time as it's just masses of information that has built up over time.. the hard part is making it easy to read and inviting for those thinking of joining the Copper cave dragons as lore/breeding/or otherwise. <3

edit:
the above lady would still be a copper cave with the peacock, it's one of the colors in the list that I think still is in the theme of the subspecies. ^^
What would you
attempt
if you could not
fail?
@Rosekitten Hey, we still active? I haven't bred any of my CCs in a bit so I haven't checked in. Did you consider getting the new hub registered with one of the subspecies directories under Guides? Like this one? http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1771018/

Copper Caves never were on their lists, despite being managed by three previous people. It's still a popular subspecies even if it's not as big as it was two years ago.
@Rosekitten Hey, we still active? I haven't bred any of my CCs in a bit so I haven't checked in. Did you consider getting the new hub registered with one of the subspecies directories under Guides? Like this one? http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1771018/

Copper Caves never were on their lists, despite being managed by three previous people. It's still a popular subspecies even if it's not as big as it was two years ago.
@AnnieFelis

o-o I'll do that when I get home, but yeah we're still here as far as I know haha.

Thanks for the heads up on that. i didn't know there was a list to be honest.
@AnnieFelis

o-o I'll do that when I get home, but yeah we're still here as far as I know haha.

Thanks for the heads up on that. i didn't know there was a list to be honest.
What would you
attempt
if you could not
fail?
@rosekitten

I was away, but now i'm back and can breed my two pairs reliably. i also make Spring Water dragons, which look similar. I'm not sure the politics with Subspecies colors and whatnot but maybe we can work out like, a friendship or something? I also breed bogs that meet color requirements but would need geneing.
@rosekitten

I was away, but now i'm back and can breed my two pairs reliably. i also make Spring Water dragons, which look similar. I'm not sure the politics with Subspecies colors and whatnot but maybe we can work out like, a friendship or something? I also breed bogs that meet color requirements but would need geneing.
YLpz8d9K_o.gif
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 53 54