Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Special ID Hunters Association (SIDHA)
1 2 ... 122 123 124 125 126 ... 407 408
Thank you so much ~
Thank you so much ~
|he/him|FR +0|
Feel free to PM, I don't bite!
hello everyone!! it's been a while since our last announcement, but we have a BIG update to share with you all!!! [emoji=spiral star size=2] as a preface: we have been working on the guidelines revamp for quite a while, but IRL matters (such as college and mental health) have made it harder for us to work consistently. as a result, we decided to make a small change and [b]add guideline updates periodically[/b] rather than all at once. that way, we don't have to keep people waiting or phrase things oddly when giving advice ^^; for today, we have FINALLY added the ~new mysterious category~ we have been hinting at for months: [b][u]Tuples[/u][/b]!! for all those IDs that weren't quite solid strings or repeating sets, we now have a category that covers them! on the front page, under [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2558806/1#post_36048656]guidelines[/url], we've now updated the post to include tuples. here is the section about tuples from there: [quote=Guidelines][center][img]https://orig15.deviantart.net/3cec/f/2017/225/5/d/frlife_gem_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxz1x.png[/img] [size=5][b][u]Tuples[/u][/b][/size] [img]https://orig15.deviantart.net/3cec/f/2017/225/5/d/frlife_gem_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxz1x.png[/img] Here at SIDHA, we define a [b]tuple ID[/b] as one that has two to four individual digits repeated anywhere in an ID, where at least two matching digits are next to each other for each digit in the pattern. A more expanded definition of a tuple can be found on [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuple]Wikipedia[/url]. We categorize tuples as either [b]full[/b] or [b]partial[/b]. Full tuples take up the entire ID, while partial tuples take up most of the ID. Beyond that, tuple IDs can come in sets of two, three, or four individual digits repeated at least once each in the ID. Tuples can be interrupted so long as at least two digits of each repeating digit are together/touching. [u][b]Pinglist threshold:[/b][/u] Tuple IDs must have at least 6 digits of a tuple to be pinged on the pinglist. For an 8 digit ID, this means a full tuple is all 8 digits, and a partial tuple is 6 or 7 digits. [indent][left]Examples [size=2](disclaimer these are just some examples, not the only ones allowed!)[/size]: [LIST] [*]Full two digit tuple: AAAABBBB, AABBAABB, AABABBAB, etc. [*]Full three digit tuple: AAABBBCC, AAABBCCC, AABBBCCC, AABBACCB, etc. [*]Full four digit tuple: AABBCCDD [*]Partial two digit tuple: AAABBBxy, AABABBxy, AABBABxy, etc.* [*]Partial three digit tuple: AABBCCxy, AAxBByCC, etc.* [/LIST][/left][/indent] [size=2][i]*for partial IDs, x and y can be anywhere so long as they don’t separate any of the sets, such as in AxABAByB.[/i][/size][/center][/quote] [size=2]edit: i just updated the front page to include more letter examples of full tuples with "etc." appended![/size] we hope you guys are as excited as we are about this category addition!! [emoji=familiar heart size=1] this also showcases the format we'll be using for the rest of the categories as they get revamped. we hope that these updates will make things easier to understand and identify! if you have any suggestions for how we word the definitions or examples, feel free to let us know so we can consider them and adjust as needed <3 the form has also been updated to include tuples! however, if you would like to be added to the tuples pinglist, [i][b]PLEASE DO NOT RESUBMIT[/b][/i]! either comment on the thread here or PM me or @mayanaz asking to be added, and we will update your entry! you can be added to the [b]All Sales/ICs[/b], [b]Flatsales Only[/b], and/or [b]Auctions Only[/b] pinglists - just let us know which! in addition to the tuples update, we have decided to add a section called "ID Types," which defines the different terms we use when classifying IDs: [b]Full[/b], [b]Partial[/b], [b]Mini[/b], and [b]False[/b]. here's the section from the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2558806/1#post_36048656]guidelines[/url], added to the top: [quote=Guidelines][center][img]https://orig15.deviantart.net/3cec/f/2017/225/5/d/frlife_gem_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxz1x.png[/img] [size=5][b][u]ID Types[/u][/b][/size] [img]https://orig15.deviantart.net/3cec/f/2017/225/5/d/frlife_gem_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxz1x.png[/img] There are four IDs types that cross all* categories: Full, Partial, Mini, and False. When giving help, we refer to IDs as one of these types to identify the string and clarify the ID’s category. As a rule of thumb, Full and Partial IDs count towards categories, while Mini and False IDs are always General; we will clarify this when giving advice! [i]*Milestones are the only exception due to their own category designations (major, medium, minor, and miss), which we explain in the Milestones category.[/i] [b]Full[/b] and [b]Partial[/b] IDs take up all or most of the ID length respectively, and therefore, the patterns within them are easily recognizable and visually consistent/pleasing, which resonates with what makes an ID special. [b]Mini[/b] IDs are still present, but their patterns are too short to be easily noticed, or are too short to show any special significance on their own. [b]False[/b] IDs look like they could fit into a category, but either don’t match by definition, or have a stray number that messes up the pattern. These ID types are always a part of General, since they don’t fit into the other categories themselves.[/center][/quote] here is a brief change log regarding this update: [LIST] [*][b]Tuples[/b] added as a category to [i]Guidelines[/i]! Front page has been updated. [*][b]ID Types[/b] section added to [i]Guidelines[/i]. [*][i]Guidelines[/i] has been reorganized based on ID category rarity. [*][b]SIDHA spreadsheet v1.1[/b] is live with Tuples! [*][b]Pinglist form[/b] has been updated to include Tuples! [*]SIDHA spreadsheet and Pinglist form have been reordered to match the updated Guidelines category order. [/LIST] [b]NOTE:[/b] the spreadsheet has been tweaked to add tuples, so if something doesn't look right or doesn't work, please let me know so i can fix it! we will continue to work on the guidelines and let you know when we have something new to include! thank you guys for your interest and involvement [emoji=familiar heart size=1] @Alphazi @XNeox @Katsuokai @Marge @Foxe @squidspeaker @Cunea @Emordnilap @mayanaz @Featherycats @chants @Grovey @Starsoul @FairyForestKing @sirspiderider @BlueStopSigns @warriorjames @Lixue @Lordmaroo @parasites @boysenberry @Cantata @Suntouched @Tserin @Vei @Meyoline @AlexTheTrashBin @eternatus @Taelen @Trilonyte @kyruiz @CinamonPIzza @ThistleProse @Anduins @Tuatara @UmberR @ForeverFalling @Delphi @BrinBellway @Qhersek @Sunokosan @Feathery57 @BlueJaysFeather @TheAwesoMew @wolfcathybrid @arrowXflight @Riverlights @bedfordblack @decoratchi @dreamclaws @minervamaga @DarkSkyTheDemon @IllusiveFox @Watermel0nBob @Spinoride @umecat @sackname @Krokodille
hello everyone!! it's been a while since our last announcement, but we have a BIG update to share with you all!!!

as a preface: we have been working on the guidelines revamp for quite a while, but IRL matters (such as college and mental health) have made it harder for us to work consistently. as a result, we decided to make a small change and add guideline updates periodically rather than all at once. that way, we don't have to keep people waiting or phrase things oddly when giving advice ^^;

for today, we have FINALLY added the ~new mysterious category~ we have been hinting at for months: Tuples!! for all those IDs that weren't quite solid strings or repeating sets, we now have a category that covers them!

on the front page, under guidelines, we've now updated the post to include tuples. here is the section about tuples from there:

Guidelines wrote:
frlife_gem_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxz1x.png Tuples frlife_gem_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxz1x.png

Here at SIDHA, we define a tuple ID as one that has two to four individual digits repeated anywhere in an ID, where at least two matching digits are next to each other for each digit in the pattern. A more expanded definition of a tuple can be found on Wikipedia.

We categorize tuples as either full or partial. Full tuples take up the entire ID, while partial tuples take up most of the ID. Beyond that, tuple IDs can come in sets of two, three, or four individual digits repeated at least once each in the ID. Tuples can be interrupted so long as at least two digits of each repeating digit are together/touching.

Pinglist threshold: Tuple IDs must have at least 6 digits of a tuple to be pinged on the pinglist. For an 8 digit ID, this means a full tuple is all 8 digits, and a partial tuple is 6 or 7 digits.
Examples (disclaimer these are just some examples, not the only ones allowed!):
  • Full two digit tuple: AAAABBBB, AABBAABB, AABABBAB, etc.
  • Full three digit tuple: AAABBBCC, AAABBCCC, AABBBCCC, AABBACCB, etc.
  • Full four digit tuple: AABBCCDD
  • Partial two digit tuple: AAABBBxy, AABABBxy, AABBABxy, etc.*
  • Partial three digit tuple: AABBCCxy, AAxBByCC, etc.*

*for partial IDs, x and y can be anywhere so long as they don’t separate any of the sets, such as in AxABAByB.

edit: i just updated the front page to include more letter examples of full tuples with "etc." appended!

we hope you guys are as excited as we are about this category addition!!

this also showcases the format we'll be using for the rest of the categories as they get revamped. we hope that these updates will make things easier to understand and identify! if you have any suggestions for how we word the definitions or examples, feel free to let us know so we can consider them and adjust as needed <3

the form has also been updated to include tuples! however, if you would like to be added to the tuples pinglist, PLEASE DO NOT RESUBMIT! either comment on the thread here or PM me or @mayanaz asking to be added, and we will update your entry! you can be added to the All Sales/ICs, Flatsales Only, and/or Auctions Only pinglists - just let us know which!

in addition to the tuples update, we have decided to add a section called "ID Types," which defines the different terms we use when classifying IDs: Full, Partial, Mini, and False. here's the section from the guidelines, added to the top:

Guidelines wrote:
frlife_gem_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxz1x.png ID Types frlife_gem_by_littlefiredragon-dbjxz1x.png

There are four IDs types that cross all* categories: Full, Partial, Mini, and False. When giving help, we refer to IDs as one of these types to identify the string and clarify the ID’s category. As a rule of thumb, Full and Partial IDs count towards categories, while Mini and False IDs are always General; we will clarify this when giving advice!

*Milestones are the only exception due to their own category designations (major, medium, minor, and miss), which we explain in the Milestones category.

Full and Partial IDs take up all or most of the ID length respectively, and therefore, the patterns within them are easily recognizable and visually consistent/pleasing, which resonates with what makes an ID special.

Mini IDs are still present, but their patterns are too short to be easily noticed, or are too short to show any special significance on their own. False IDs look like they could fit into a category, but either don’t match by definition, or have a stray number that messes up the pattern. These ID types are always a part of General, since they don’t fit into the other categories themselves.

here is a brief change log regarding this update:
  • Tuples added as a category to Guidelines! Front page has been updated.
  • ID Types section added to Guidelines.
  • Guidelines has been reorganized based on ID category rarity.
  • SIDHA spreadsheet v1.1 is live with Tuples!
  • Pinglist form has been updated to include Tuples!
  • SIDHA spreadsheet and Pinglist form have been reordered to match the updated Guidelines category order.

NOTE: the spreadsheet has been tweaked to add tuples, so if something doesn't look right or doesn't work, please let me know so i can fix it!

we will continue to work on the guidelines and let you know when we have something new to include! thank you guys for your interest and involvement

@Alphazi @XNeox @Katsuokai @Marge @Foxe @squidspeaker @Cunea @Emordnilap @mayanaz @Featherycats @chants @Grovey @Starsoul @FairyForestKing @sirspiderider @BlueStopSigns @warriorjames @Lixue @Lordmaroo @parasites @boysenberry @Cantata @Suntouched @Tserin @Vei @Meyoline @AlexTheTrashBin @eternatus @Taelen @Trilonyte @kyruiz @CinamonPIzza @ThistleProse @Anduins @Tuatara @UmberR @ForeverFalling @Delphi @BrinBellway @Qhersek @Sunokosan @Feathery57 @BlueJaysFeather @TheAwesoMew @wolfcathybrid @arrowXflight @Riverlights @bedfordblack @decoratchi @dreamclaws @minervamaga @DarkSkyTheDemon @IllusiveFox @Watermel0nBob @Spinoride @umecat @sackname @Krokodille
Alpha :: FR+0
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
_____ vxsLSdd.png _ ° Wishlist
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
__ TTTYQHv.png 1XIVewE.gif
@Alphazi
Will the pinglist ever be updated with full and partial categories? I only want full palindromes, not partials, but there's no way to really filter that and I get waaaay more pings for partials, to the point where I've been tempted to take myself off.
@Alphazi
Will the pinglist ever be updated with full and partial categories? I only want full palindromes, not partials, but there's no way to really filter that and I get waaaay more pings for partials, to the point where I've been tempted to take myself off.
t00QRwj.png rOVa8hM.png 6260.png
Wishlist
Clan lore
** They/them
+3 FR time
Adopt shop zAddafE.gifGI49w5A.gif
+3 FR time
@Alphazi OWO??? Put me on the Tuples All Sales/IC pinglist please? I believe my boy Orok fits the Tuples category? #55886688 - AABBCCBB [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55886688] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/558867/55886688_350.png[/img] [/url]
@Alphazi

OWO??? Put me on the Tuples All Sales/IC pinglist please?

I believe my boy Orok fits the Tuples category?

#55886688 - AABBCCBB

55886688_350.png
sackname
~ ~ ~
|Wish List|
|Art Shop|
|Hatchery|
~ ~ ~
I'll give you ? if you give me this dragon
@Foxe it's something i've been considering bringing up, but it would involve a LOT of additions and adjustments on the spreadsheet and form, so i'd need the time to both add everything and streamline it (which will be the harder part, i'd think). while i am in favor of the addition, the rest of the guidelines revamp is going to have to come first, and it'll have to be at a point in the future when i have enough time to work on it all. i'm sorry about all that, but i hope it's understandable :(

@sackname can do! would you like both Nest Hatched and G1, or one or the other? C:

and yes, he does fit into tuples! :D
@Foxe it's something i've been considering bringing up, but it would involve a LOT of additions and adjustments on the spreadsheet and form, so i'd need the time to both add everything and streamline it (which will be the harder part, i'd think). while i am in favor of the addition, the rest of the guidelines revamp is going to have to come first, and it'll have to be at a point in the future when i have enough time to work on it all. i'm sorry about all that, but i hope it's understandable :(

@sackname can do! would you like both Nest Hatched and G1, or one or the other? C:

and yes, he does fit into tuples! :D
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
@Alphazi

Both is fine uwu
@Alphazi

Both is fine uwu
sackname
~ ~ ~
|Wish List|
|Art Shop|
|Hatchery|
~ ~ ~
I'll give you ? if you give me this dragon
@sackname alright! i'll go update now <3 ty!
@sackname alright! i'll go update now <3 ty!
they/them or
he/him please!

° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
@Alphazi
No need to be sorry! Thanks for the answer :) I'll stick around then, I hope the revamp goes smoothly!
@Alphazi
No need to be sorry! Thanks for the answer :) I'll stick around then, I hope the revamp goes smoothly!
t00QRwj.png rOVa8hM.png 6260.png
Wishlist
Clan lore
** They/them
+3 FR time
Adopt shop zAddafE.gifGI49w5A.gif
+3 FR time
@Foxe thank you for understanding and for the wishes <3 also i edited my previous post because i said "thread and forums" instead of "spreadsheet and form" LOL they kinda sound similar...
@Foxe thank you for understanding and for the wishes <3 also i edited my previous post because i said "thread and forums" instead of "spreadsheet and form" LOL they kinda sound similar...
they/them or
he/him please!

° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
@Alphazi I would also like to be added to the "All Sales/IC" pinglist for Tuples, both NH and G1, thank you! [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
@Alphazi

I would also like to be added to the "All Sales/IC" pinglist for Tuples, both NH and G1, thank you!
2022_fr-signature.png
VAIXATION
(vikes-ZAY-shun)
THEY/THEM/THEIRS
2022_fr-signature-margin.png
2022_fr-profile-divider-4.png
ABOUT || ART || ACCENTS
2022_fr-profile-divider-1.png
2022_fr-signature-2.png
1 2 ... 122 123 124 125 126 ... 407 408