Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [dead] Children of the Night - A FR Cult
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 19
@ToastyThief @Lostrefrain @Mnkn10 @NovaAurora @EgoLobster @reedshine @RadientAngel @WearyVoyage @Jeon @MissNevermind @Phoenyxx @Kintoro @Sunken

Ahh! Our Priest of Blood was exalted! The position is now open! If you would like to submit an application, please include picture and link to dragon, a quote, and a short bio relating to the cult. You can submit a dragon that is already on the list!
@ToastyThief @Lostrefrain @Mnkn10 @NovaAurora @EgoLobster @reedshine @RadientAngel @WearyVoyage @Jeon @MissNevermind @Phoenyxx @Kintoro @Sunken

Ahh! Our Priest of Blood was exalted! The position is now open! If you would like to submit an application, please include picture and link to dragon, a quote, and a short bio relating to the cult. You can submit a dragon that is already on the list!
pixilart-drawing.png
@Reiyn I'd like this girl to be the new Priest of Blood! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45228421] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/452285/45228421_350.png[/img] [/url] "Blood links more than family - it links love, too." Ever since she was little, Vivian loved the darkness, blood, and all the vile things that her parents would never tell her about. Even when she was little, she'd sneak out of the lair at night and watch the bats, the bugs, the strange and dark things sneak through the night air. Even the screams of owls soothed her. It was a strange relationship. One day, she found the Children of the Night practicing a rite. Ever since then she was fascinated. Night after night she watched the Children, practicing their rites in secret, until she felt like a secret member. She contacted Amoral, the Head Priest, and asked to be initiated. For the other members were just as infatuated as she was.... (I will write more later!)
@Reiyn
I'd like this girl to be the new Priest of Blood!

45228421_350.png

"Blood links more than family - it links love, too."

Ever since she was little, Vivian loved the darkness, blood, and all the vile things that her parents would never tell her about. Even when she was little, she'd sneak out of the lair at night and watch the bats, the bugs, the strange and dark things sneak through the night air. Even the screams of owls soothed her. It was a strange relationship.

One day, she found the Children of the Night practicing a rite. Ever since then she was fascinated. Night after night she watched the Children, practicing their rites in secret, until she felt like a secret member. She contacted Amoral, the Head Priest, and asked to be initiated. For the other members were just as infatuated as she was....

(I will write more later!)
@Reiyn I'd like Zinaida here to be the new priest of blood. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29674328] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/296744/29674328_350.png[/img] [/url] "In the darkness, we see the light of truth." (Not sure I like this quote) As the Rotrock Refuge's head researcher, Zinaida had read about dozens of deities and their followers, and had spent hours upon hours studying and documenting them. At this point she was probably more devoted to the gods than many of their worshipers. However, sometimes she wondered if the primary objects of her research, and the clan's main purpose even existed. During times of hardship, many dragons of the clan, Zinaida included, would pray and send offerings to the deity (or deities), they worshiped. And yet, it rarely seemed to change anything. To the fae's knowledge, the gods had never responded, didn't even seem to actually help them, usually their problems were solved by the desperation of mortal dragons. So, Zinaida slowly became more and more disillusioned with her work. Did any of it matter? Was she just discovering and recording ancient fairytales? Even if the stories were true, none of them appeared to have any bearing on the present. If the gods were real, they didn't care about their 'children', and Zinaida didn't know which possibility was worse. Still, she carried on with her research, trying not to think too much about how meaningless said research might have been. Things continued on in this manner, until one day Pavla, one of the clan's founders and leaders approached her. "I notice you've been a little down lately, what's up with that?" The mirror said, tilting her head curiously. Zinaida sighed heavily. Perhaps too heavily. "I've hit a bit of a snag in my research," she said with a shrug."It happens sometimes. That's all." "Sounds like there's more to it than that." The older dragon replied "So what if there is?" The fae said defensively. "Calm down. I think I can help you. Have you heard of The Nightstalker?" [center]~~~[/center] After some quick training by Pavla, the young dragon preformed her first sacrifice to The Nightstalker. The next day, she made a groundbreaking discovery. Though she at first believed it to be a fluke, all sacrifices to the elusive deity produced results, though not always the expected ones. Eventually, she ventured out to meet the cult itself, where she went through her initiation, receiving The Mark of Blood, a lily, broadsword, scythe, and battleaxe carved into her chest. Returning to The Refuge proudly displaying her new faith, she returned to her work with renewed vigor, eager to find long forgotten civilizations and reveal their truths to the world. During the day, she is a normal member of the clan, the strange scars on her chest barely earning a second glance from most of her clanmates. Once darkness falls however, she is one with the shadows, preforming rituals alongside her brothers and sisters of the night.
@Reiyn

I'd like Zinaida here to be the new priest of blood.

29674328_350.png

"In the darkness, we see the light of truth." (Not sure I like this quote)

As the Rotrock Refuge's head researcher, Zinaida had read about dozens of deities and their followers, and had spent hours upon hours studying and documenting them. At this point she was probably more devoted to the gods than many of their worshipers. However, sometimes she wondered if the primary objects of her research, and the clan's main purpose even existed. During times of hardship, many dragons of the clan, Zinaida included, would pray and send offerings to the deity (or deities), they worshiped. And yet, it rarely seemed to change anything. To the fae's knowledge, the gods had never responded, didn't even seem to actually help them, usually their problems were solved by the desperation of mortal dragons.

So, Zinaida slowly became more and more disillusioned with her work. Did any of it matter? Was she just discovering and recording ancient fairytales? Even if the stories were true, none of them appeared to have any bearing on the present. If the gods were real, they didn't care about their 'children', and Zinaida didn't know which possibility was worse. Still, she carried on with her research, trying not to think too much about how meaningless said research might have been.

Things continued on in this manner, until one day Pavla, one of the clan's founders and leaders approached her. "I notice you've been a little down lately, what's up with that?" The mirror said, tilting her head curiously.

Zinaida sighed heavily. Perhaps too heavily. "I've hit a bit of a snag in my research," she said with a shrug."It happens sometimes. That's all."

"Sounds like there's more to it than that." The older dragon replied

"So what if there is?" The fae said defensively.

"Calm down. I think I can help you. Have you heard of The Nightstalker?"
~~~
After some quick training by Pavla, the young dragon preformed her first sacrifice to The Nightstalker. The next day, she made a groundbreaking discovery. Though she at first believed it to be a fluke, all sacrifices to the elusive deity produced results, though not always the expected ones. Eventually, she ventured out to meet the cult itself, where she went through her initiation, receiving The Mark of Blood, a lily, broadsword, scythe, and battleaxe carved into her chest.

Returning to The Refuge proudly displaying her new faith, she returned to her work with renewed vigor, eager to find long forgotten civilizations and reveal their truths to the world. During the day, she is a normal member of the clan, the strange scars on her chest barely earning a second glance from most of her clanmates. Once darkness falls however, she is one with the shadows, preforming rituals alongside her brothers and sisters of the night.
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Other stuff
My Levelling Service
My Stock the Pond Pairs
Plague Subspecies Masterlist
Formatting is pain
You found this by accident
@mnkn10
(Psst, I think you're supposed to ping Reiyn! And if you want her to be the new Priest of Blood instead of Vivian, that's 100% fine by me. You've definitely been in the cult longer than I have XD.)
@mnkn10
(Psst, I think you're supposed to ping Reiyn! And if you want her to be the new Priest of Blood instead of Vivian, that's 100% fine by me. You've definitely been in the cult longer than I have XD.)
@Pandella

Whoops, sorry about that! Fixed it.

I say we let the best dragon win. good luck.
@Pandella

Whoops, sorry about that! Fixed it.

I say we let the best dragon win. good luck.
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Other stuff
My Levelling Service
My Stock the Pond Pairs
Plague Subspecies Masterlist
Formatting is pain
You found this by accident
@Mnkn10

Lol alright then XD! >:D
@Mnkn10

Lol alright then XD! >:D
@Mnkn10 @Pandella

Thank you both for entering your dragons! I'd like to appoint Vivian to be the Priest of Blood!
Pandella If you could write a short blurb, perhaps a paragraph or two, no more than three, regrading how she found the cult, her general thoughts on it, whatever. And please confirm that the quote you submitted is the one you want.

Mnkn10 I left you a little consolation prize in your inbox :)
@Mnkn10 @Pandella

Thank you both for entering your dragons! I'd like to appoint Vivian to be the Priest of Blood!
Pandella If you could write a short blurb, perhaps a paragraph or two, no more than three, regrading how she found the cult, her general thoughts on it, whatever. And please confirm that the quote you submitted is the one you want.

Mnkn10 I left you a little consolation prize in your inbox :)
pixilart-drawing.png
@Reiyn
Awesome, thank you!

I shall write some more :D It'll be here.
@Reiyn
Awesome, thank you!

I shall write some more :D It'll be here.
@Reiyn
Vivian was always infatuated with the forbidden things - the gruesome, the strange, the wild things that scared and frightened people. For the things that scared most just helped her to feel stronger. And the Nightstalker was one such thing - a thing lurking in the night that brought her up and pushed the scared down.

She found the cult on one night, when she was exploring the Shrieking Wilds around her home, delighting in the screeches and screams of the wild. After watching their rituals, she gained a respect that never died. She wanted desperately to join in. After many years of dark rites and working as a secret member, she still loves the cult and the Nightstalker in an odd and obsessive sort of way - but a respectful and truthful way all the less.
@Reiyn
Vivian was always infatuated with the forbidden things - the gruesome, the strange, the wild things that scared and frightened people. For the things that scared most just helped her to feel stronger. And the Nightstalker was one such thing - a thing lurking in the night that brought her up and pushed the scared down.

She found the cult on one night, when she was exploring the Shrieking Wilds around her home, delighting in the screeches and screams of the wild. After watching their rituals, she gained a respect that never died. She wanted desperately to join in. After many years of dark rites and working as a secret member, she still loves the cult and the Nightstalker in an odd and obsessive sort of way - but a respectful and truthful way all the less.
@Reiyn
Oh, and the quote! I'm gonna change it.

"Are you scared of blood? I can't understand why. It's the only thing that keeps me alive - in more ways than you might think."
@Reiyn
Oh, and the quote! I'm gonna change it.

"Are you scared of blood? I can't understand why. It's the only thing that keeps me alive - in more ways than you might think."
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 19