Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [dead] Children of the Night - A FR Cult
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19
@Phoenyxx

I'll wait to add her until I decide who's gonna be the priest then!

@kintoro

I'll add them both!
@Phoenyxx

I'll wait to add her until I decide who's gonna be the priest then!

@kintoro

I'll add them both!
pixilart-drawing.png
@Reiyn

Right! I forgot I was going to ask.

What all does being a priest entail here? Certain tasks their expected to fulfill, somewhat less general knowledge they should know, rules they especially might follow to a T, etc?

How are the marks separated? There's ink, fire, and blood, but aside from the different ways they got their mark, is there anything particular to each group - especially so that means there's a priest for each?
@Reiyn

Right! I forgot I was going to ask.

What all does being a priest entail here? Certain tasks their expected to fulfill, somewhat less general knowledge they should know, rules they especially might follow to a T, etc?

How are the marks separated? There's ink, fire, and blood, but aside from the different ways they got their mark, is there anything particular to each group - especially so that means there's a priest for each?
VZZZG9B.png
G Is The Magic Number
(They/Them)
@Lostrefrain

As for irl, being a priest is just a title. Lorewise, the priests tend to receive more revelation than others, some even actually seeing the Nightstalker. They're kind of expected to be a little more intense, for example, Amoral always goes to the Nightstalker for all his questions and constantly thanks him for everything. He's also not afraid to have his mark exposed, even if it grants him ridicule.
As for the separation of the groups, it comes down to the mentality of the individual. The point of the marks is to face fears and have something permanent that way there's no way to back out once you're in. The point of having a priest for each is mostly for organizational purposes. I guess the best way to compare this ( sorry if this offends you) it's like if Amoral is like the Pope and the priests are the cardinals.
@Lostrefrain

As for irl, being a priest is just a title. Lorewise, the priests tend to receive more revelation than others, some even actually seeing the Nightstalker. They're kind of expected to be a little more intense, for example, Amoral always goes to the Nightstalker for all his questions and constantly thanks him for everything. He's also not afraid to have his mark exposed, even if it grants him ridicule.
As for the separation of the groups, it comes down to the mentality of the individual. The point of the marks is to face fears and have something permanent that way there's no way to back out once you're in. The point of having a priest for each is mostly for organizational purposes. I guess the best way to compare this ( sorry if this offends you) it's like if Amoral is like the Pope and the priests are the cardinals.
pixilart-drawing.png
@Reiyn

Not offended in the slightest but I'm also not christian (catholic?) and so had to google what cardinals were in relation to the pope,,, //jazz hands

I swear I'm an intelligent human being, heck.

So are head priests voted in too? For lore purposes, would the current priests have voted Amoral as head, or did he just START at the top and it's more of a "just btw if i happen to die elect someone else to this position" thing?
@Reiyn

Not offended in the slightest but I'm also not christian (catholic?) and so had to google what cardinals were in relation to the pope,,, //jazz hands

I swear I'm an intelligent human being, heck.

So are head priests voted in too? For lore purposes, would the current priests have voted Amoral as head, or did he just START at the top and it's more of a "just btw if i happen to die elect someone else to this position" thing?
VZZZG9B.png
G Is The Magic Number
(They/Them)
@Lostrefrain

So, it's in Amoral's lore, but what happened was the previous head priest died and the entirety of the cult gave their sacrifices and all decided that it would be Amoral. After Amoral was 'elected' the previous priests were let go and Amoral chose priests that he thought would best serve him and do well in working with him
@Lostrefrain

So, it's in Amoral's lore, but what happened was the previous head priest died and the entirety of the cult gave their sacrifices and all decided that it would be Amoral. After Amoral was 'elected' the previous priests were let go and Amoral chose priests that he thought would best serve him and do well in working with him
pixilart-drawing.png
@Reiyn

Oh, thanks! I must have missed that, i just remember him leaving the group to do his own thing w/ less constant travel. I read that at a wild hour though;;

@Reiyn

Oh, thanks! I must have missed that, i just remember him leaving the group to do his own thing w/ less constant travel. I read that at a wild hour though;;

VZZZG9B.png
G Is The Magic Number
(They/Them)
@Reiyn Thank you! Are there going to be any badges we can use as members? :D
@Reiyn Thank you! Are there going to be any badges we can use as members? :D
@Kintoro

There is the one at the bottom of the first post that you can use. Go ahead and put it in your dragon's bio. You can also link it back to the original post so that other swho look at your dragon can come here and join the cult!
@Kintoro

There is the one at the bottom of the first post that you can use. Go ahead and put it in your dragon's bio. You can also link it back to the original post so that other swho look at your dragon can come here and join the cult!
pixilart-drawing.png
@EgoLobster @Phoenyxx @MissNevermind

Hi guys! Sorry to tell you this, but I am going to have to reject all of your dragons to be the priest. None of them really strike me as fitting the role. I am very happy that you have joined however and I hope you find this useful to lore writing, roleplaying, or just fun!

@Sunken

Still interested? Don't feel pressured, I'm just curious
@EgoLobster @Phoenyxx @MissNevermind

Hi guys! Sorry to tell you this, but I am going to have to reject all of your dragons to be the priest. None of them really strike me as fitting the role. I am very happy that you have joined however and I hope you find this useful to lore writing, roleplaying, or just fun!

@Sunken

Still interested? Don't feel pressured, I'm just curious
pixilart-drawing.png
@Reiyn
no worries <3
@Reiyn
no worries <3
sig103_by_dingobreath-dckmq7f.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19