Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Chat with the Clan
1 2 3
@ElliotKin [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/403843/40384205p.png[/img] Hecate tightens her grip on her pearl before nodding tersely. When she speaks her voice sounds regretful but holds understanding in it. [color=red]"Yes, I have lost patients before... not many... but it has happened."[/color] She flicks her tail and shuffles her wings. [color=red]"However, my healing was [i]not[/i] the problem for some of those deaths. I can never say I'll know how to treat all diseases that spring up despite my continuous work to explore treatments but some dragons are already too far gone whether it was due to age, too young or old to fight it off, or there were complication with infections. I do my best though and I know the others I work with do as well, even with the knowledge sometimes our all might not be enough."[/color]
@ElliotKin

40384205p.png

Hecate tightens her grip on her pearl before nodding tersely. When she speaks her voice sounds regretful but holds understanding in it. "Yes, I have lost patients before... not many... but it has happened." She flicks her tail and shuffles her wings. "However, my healing was not the problem for some of those deaths. I can never say I'll know how to treat all diseases that spring up despite my continuous work to explore treatments but some dragons are already too far gone whether it was due to age, too young or old to fight it off, or there were complication with infections. I do my best though and I know the others I work with do as well, even with the knowledge sometimes our all might not be enough."
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
@Tox [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/401821/40182071p.png[/img] Erebus observes Tox's rainbow mane, impressed by the results of the other alchemist's potion, before picking up a small vial. [color=green]"I think your potion worked wonderfully... As for the craziest thing I've created? Hmm, well most of what I make now is poisons and toxins but I'd have to say the answer is in this little vial right here. I created it when I was just starting out with my practice so I hadn't known too much about what I was doing- now I'm much more experienced- but I managed to create a potion that when smashed on the ground will explode with a cloud of color. [/color] He cracks a smile. [color=green]"Found out when I dropped it and recolored my den a bright lime green, my clanmates were not pleased by that disruption. Haha, If the hatchlings ever found out they could dye their siblings with a break of a bottle they'd be all over me to make more."
@Tox

40182071p.png

Erebus observes Tox's rainbow mane, impressed by the results of the other alchemist's potion, before picking up a small vial. "I think your potion worked wonderfully... As for the craziest thing I've created? Hmm, well most of what I make now is poisons and toxins but I'd have to say the answer is in this little vial right here. I created it when I was just starting out with my practice so I hadn't known too much about what I was doing- now I'm much more experienced- but I managed to create a potion that when smashed on the ground will explode with a cloud of color. He cracks a smile. "Found out when I dropped it and recolored my den a bright lime green, my clanmates were not pleased by that disruption. Haha, If the hatchlings ever found out they could dye their siblings with a break of a bottle they'd be all over me to make more."
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
@DeathSpecter [indent][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44566303][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/445664/44566303.png[/img][/url] The haze over the plaguelands had put Berianth behind schedule, and when he finally arrived at Death Clan, he was very miffed. The Skydancer was known for punctuality - not this. He gave his wings an extra flap and huffed at himself before he settled, preening a few feathers that had gotten out of place back into position. After giving the obvious leader - Cerberus - a respectful dip of his head, Berianth set off wandering through the territory with a subject in mind. EZ wasn't too hard to find initially, much to his delight. Getting his attention, however, would be a different story. It was rumored that the other Skydancer had developed his own language and often spoke it to himself; while this normally would be enough to draw Berianth in, as he was a linguist, it wasn't the true purpose of his visit. They weren't so different, he and EZ... and maybe, just maybe, the other dragon would share something that would enlighten Berianth about his past. All he needed was a snippet - a clue, even... He cleared his throat and carefully approached his subject, stepping lightly. [b]"EZ, is it?"[/b] he began, voice emanating a calm tone. [b]"Would you mind if I asked you a few questions?"[/b] A pause fell between them before he continued. [b]"Where is it you hail from? It seems we may be similar in the fact that no-one knows our origins or where we came from, but while yours may be a secret, I truly cannot remember mine... amnesia, you know. Years of it."[/indent]
@DeathSpecter

44566303.png

The haze over the plaguelands had put Berianth behind schedule, and when he finally arrived at Death Clan, he was very miffed. The Skydancer was known for punctuality - not this. He gave his wings an extra flap and huffed at himself before he settled, preening a few feathers that had gotten out of place back into position. After giving the obvious leader - Cerberus - a respectful dip of his head, Berianth set off wandering through the territory with a subject in mind.

EZ wasn't too hard to find initially, much to his delight. Getting his attention, however, would be a different story. It was rumored that the other Skydancer had developed his own language and often spoke it to himself; while this normally would be enough to draw Berianth in, as he was a linguist, it wasn't the true purpose of his visit. They weren't so different, he and EZ... and maybe, just maybe, the other dragon would share something that would enlighten Berianth about his past. All he needed was a snippet - a clue, even...

He cleared his throat and carefully approached his subject, stepping lightly. "EZ, is it?" he began, voice emanating a calm tone. "Would you mind if I asked you a few questions?" A pause fell between them before he continued. "Where is it you hail from? It seems we may be similar in the fact that no-one knows our origins or where we came from, but while yours may be a secret, I truly cannot remember mine... amnesia, you know. Years of it."
h5IOxf5.gif bay
they/them
> lore
> wishlist
> scatters
> hatchery
________________earth_0.pnglight_2.pngtumblr_nr8b59v56x1tk8rwxo4_100.png
@Bayhound [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/309262/30926130p.png[/img] A grin appears on E.Z.'s face and while it seems friendly enough there seems to be something more hidden behind it; a sly hint that he knows more than he lets on. When he speaks however, his words are flowing, a silky sweet sound that draws one in while hinting at some exotic accent underneath. [color=brown]"Questions? Hmm, usually I ask those... but why not? It [i]has[/i] been a while since anyone has tried to talk with me.[/color] He settles into a more comfortable stance, leaning slightly to the side while looking at Berianth and observing the translator; the friendly grin never faltering. [color=brown]"I hail from a land of ruins and sunlight... the Lightweaver's lands to put it simply. However, my initial appearance there was not a normal one. You see, while I had parents and a birth clan, I never 'fit in'. I spoke in what they called 'shade-tongue' rather than draconic and they cast me out." [/color] He gives a short laugh, as if amused by the banishment. [color=brown]"And that is how I came here... Oh, but Berianth, please do be careful if you tell anyone. I'd hate to see a nice dragon like yourself disappear one day."[/color] E.Z. still has that friendly smile on his face, making it hard to determine if he's joking or not. However, his origin story does seem to have at least some truth behind it; it's unclear if what he said was the whole truth though, the question of how he knew Berianth's name without being told is an entirely new mystery for the translator.
@Bayhound

30926130p.png

A grin appears on E.Z.'s face and while it seems friendly enough there seems to be something more hidden behind it; a sly hint that he knows more than he lets on. When he speaks however, his words are flowing, a silky sweet sound that draws one in while hinting at some exotic accent underneath. "Questions? Hmm, usually I ask those... but why not? It has been a while since anyone has tried to talk with me. He settles into a more comfortable stance, leaning slightly to the side while looking at Berianth and observing the translator; the friendly grin never faltering. "I hail from a land of ruins and sunlight... the Lightweaver's lands to put it simply. However, my initial appearance there was not a normal one. You see, while I had parents and a birth clan, I never 'fit in'. I spoke in what they called 'shade-tongue' rather than draconic and they cast me out." He gives a short laugh, as if amused by the banishment. "And that is how I came here... Oh, but Berianth, please do be careful if you tell anyone. I'd hate to see a nice dragon like yourself disappear one day."

E.Z. still has that friendly smile on his face, making it hard to determine if he's joking or not. However, his origin story does seem to have at least some truth behind it; it's unclear if what he said was the whole truth though, the question of how he knew Berianth's name without being told is an entirely new mystery for the translator.
@DeathSpecter [indent][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44566303][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/445664/44566303.png[/img][/url] Seeing the other Skydancer smile was relieving at first, but what was normally a welcoming gesture for most seemed to be... [i]more[/i] with this one. Berianth returned the offer with a casual smirk of his own, not letting on that this creature's presence slightly perturbed him. [b]"Ah, well, feel free to ask any you have if you so desire"[/b] he commented, nodding curtly. This was an open discussion, and Berianth didn't want to have the conversation appear one-sided. Once EZ began, the drake focused, drinking in his every word. Light territory... yes, he came from there as well, or so he assumed by the coloration of his own eyes. At the mention of shade-tongue, Berianth jumped slightly, blinking a few times in rapid succession. He had seldom heard of this, and whenever he did, it was not under good circumstances. Subconsciously, the Skydancer kneaded at the diseased earth below with his claws, narrowing his eyes but keeping the smile from earlier. [b]"Ah, I wouldn't dream of it, friend. I don't intend to disappear anytime soon. Why, my life has only just begun!"[/b] Berianth attempted to appear unphased, but another, more pregnant pause settled after his words, and when he continued, his voice was low - hushed. [b]"Was it They who told you my name?"[/b] [i]The Shade[/i] he thought, clutching the dirt tighter.[/indent]
@DeathSpecter

44566303.png

Seeing the other Skydancer smile was relieving at first, but what was normally a welcoming gesture for most seemed to be... more with this one. Berianth returned the offer with a casual smirk of his own, not letting on that this creature's presence slightly perturbed him.

"Ah, well, feel free to ask any you have if you so desire" he commented, nodding curtly. This was an open discussion, and Berianth didn't want to have the conversation appear one-sided. Once EZ began, the drake focused, drinking in his every word. Light territory... yes, he came from there as well, or so he assumed by the coloration of his own eyes.

At the mention of shade-tongue, Berianth jumped slightly, blinking a few times in rapid succession. He had seldom heard of this, and whenever he did, it was not under good circumstances. Subconsciously, the Skydancer kneaded at the diseased earth below with his claws, narrowing his eyes but keeping the smile from earlier.

"Ah, I wouldn't dream of it, friend. I don't intend to disappear anytime soon. Why, my life has only just begun!" Berianth attempted to appear unphased, but another, more pregnant pause settled after his words, and when he continued, his voice was low - hushed.

"Was it They who told you my name?" The Shade he thought, clutching the dirt tighter.
h5IOxf5.gif bay
they/them
> lore
> wishlist
> scatters
> hatchery
________________earth_0.pnglight_2.pngtumblr_nr8b59v56x1tk8rwxo4_100.png
@Bayhound [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/309262/30926130p.png[/img] E.Z. continues are in a charming manner, as if he hadn't said anything that could've potentially been a threat. His gaze still seems calm and friendly just like his smile, though for a split second it could almost have been mistaken for a smirk. He clearly noticed the translator's reactions but was acting as if everything was completely normal. [color=brown]"Such a young dragon with their life ahead of them... You must've had quite an accident to get amnesia. Do you remember how it happened? Or is your first memory around that time simply after the fact?"[/color] He steps forward, drawing subtly closer to Berianth. [color=brown]"What made you want to be a translator anyway? Something from your past or just a recent occupation you took up? Languages can be an interesting thing... especially with lesser known ones." [/color] Berianth is almost nose to nose with E.Z. now but the brown and red skydancer tilts his head away and side steps, once again leaning to the side casually with an amused look on his face. [color=brown]"Oh, but I nearly forgot your question: did They tell me you name, right?"[/color] He gives another short laugh before looking at the translator innocently. [color=brown]"Don't you remember? You told it to me when you walked over and greeted me... It's fine, greetings aren't always the most memorable. But I assure you 'They' were not the ones who told me your name."[/color] His voice sounded so sincere, so innocent and charming, and so... convincing. It was almost impossible to remember if what he said had really happened or it it was some lie told to ease Berianth's worries.
@Bayhound

30926130p.png

E.Z. continues are in a charming manner, as if he hadn't said anything that could've potentially been a threat. His gaze still seems calm and friendly just like his smile, though for a split second it could almost have been mistaken for a smirk. He clearly noticed the translator's reactions but was acting as if everything was completely normal. "Such a young dragon with their life ahead of them... You must've had quite an accident to get amnesia. Do you remember how it happened? Or is your first memory around that time simply after the fact?" He steps forward, drawing subtly closer to Berianth. "What made you want to be a translator anyway? Something from your past or just a recent occupation you took up? Languages can be an interesting thing... especially with lesser known ones."

Berianth is almost nose to nose with E.Z. now but the brown and red skydancer tilts his head away and side steps, once again leaning to the side casually with an amused look on his face. "Oh, but I nearly forgot your question: did They tell me you name, right?" He gives another short laugh before looking at the translator innocently. "Don't you remember? You told it to me when you walked over and greeted me... It's fine, greetings aren't always the most memorable. But I assure you 'They' were not the ones who told me your name."

His voice sounded so sincere, so innocent and charming, and so... convincing. It was almost impossible to remember if what he said had really happened or it it was some lie told to ease Berianth's worries.
@DeathSpecter [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41228588] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/412286/41228588p.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol]A small hatchling hopped in front of [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=210308&tab=dragon&did=44794659]Leviathan[/url]. She looks up to him and seems to study him all over. "You look like a sea dragon", she happily chirps out, "I'm from the sea too, you know? But why are you here? And what's your name? Do you have a good sea-ish name?" She stops bubbling when she see his many eyes. "And why do you have so many eyes? Aren't they bad when you dive?" Nereia is shaking her head. "My eyes hurt sometimes when I swim too long. Must be painful with so many eyes like yours."[/columns]
@DeathSpecter

41228588p.png
A small hatchling hopped in front of Leviathan. She looks up to him and seems to study him all over.
"You look like a sea dragon", she happily chirps out, "I'm from the sea too, you know? But why are you here? And what's your name? Do you have a good sea-ish name?" She stops bubbling when she see his many eyes. "And why do you have so many eyes? Aren't they bad when you dive?" Nereia is shaking her head. "My eyes hurt sometimes when I swim too long. Must be painful with so many eyes like yours."
cbEt44U.pnglAR8cRt.pngiYZYA9W.png0jScwbh.png1HxhWtd.png6m2ResQ.pngfwf0oTL.pngIkvam99.pngYPCKcE0.pngh8GgOlC.png
dyZM6SW.png
@Riesenraddieb [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/447947/44794659p.png[/img] Leviathan looks down and smiles slightly at Nereia before lowering his head to her level. The eyes along his body blink, some looking towards her as well while most continue to stare off at their surroundings. [color=orange]"Thank you for the compliment, my name is Leviathan... I suppose it is a good sea-ish name."[/color] He laughs lightly at her question over his eyes, clearly amused rather than offended at the questions about them. [color=orange]"I have so many eyes because that was how I was born. It is quite a rare thing to happen but they are helpful when fishing for the clan. As a fire dragon I prefer not to dive under water"[/color] Leviathan nods to the trident he carries near his waist, [color=orange]"so I use my trident to spear my prey. However, I have had to go down there quite a few times for larger fish. Normally I keep my extra eyes closed unless I'm in an unknown or dangerous area, it helps them from hurting and I can then open them later when my normal eyes hurt." [/color] He straightens but continues to look down at her. [color=orange]"Being a water dragon, I'm sure your eyes will adjust much faster than mine did to the sting. Just give it time.[/color]
@Riesenraddieb

44794659p.png

Leviathan looks down and smiles slightly at Nereia before lowering his head to her level. The eyes along his body blink, some looking towards her as well while most continue to stare off at their surroundings. "Thank you for the compliment, my name is Leviathan... I suppose it is a good sea-ish name." He laughs lightly at her question over his eyes, clearly amused rather than offended at the questions about them. "I have so many eyes because that was how I was born. It is quite a rare thing to happen but they are helpful when fishing for the clan. As a fire dragon I prefer not to dive under water" Leviathan nods to the trident he carries near his waist, "so I use my trident to spear my prey. However, I have had to go down there quite a few times for larger fish. Normally I keep my extra eyes closed unless I'm in an unknown or dangerous area, it helps them from hurting and I can then open them later when my normal eyes hurt."

He straightens but continues to look down at her. "Being a water dragon, I'm sure your eyes will adjust much faster than mine did to the sting. Just give it time.
@DeathSpecter [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41228588] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/412286/41228588p.png[/img] [/url] [nextcol]Her little mouth dropped before she jumps up and down a few times. "You got the same name as daddy's nickname among the crew!", she chirps happily, "Yes yes Leviathan is pretty sea-ish and a very good name!" She hopped a few times around Leviathan humming an unknown melody and sometimes mumbling something that sound like 'Levia, Levia, lovely name'. When she finally calms down and listen to his explanation about his eyes. She listen very carefully. "So you stand on land and throwing your trident at the fishies? And you hit them that way?" She giggles. "Poor Ragnar must be very bad with his trident only hitting bigger enemys with it." She looks up and gazing upon his eyes. She looks a bit dizzing after a while and shaking her little head. "Those eyes confusing me", she mumbles, "But if they are okay with you they seem to be fine." She smiles up to him. "Oh I hope they do! I want to swim with daddy all the time. But for now my eyes are getting stingy when we are diving too long", she paused, "Like for two or three days. When Rack forget to emerge at sunset or sundown." She pouts a little about that last words.
@DeathSpecter

41228588p.png
Her little mouth dropped before she jumps up and down a few times.
"You got the same name as daddy's nickname among the crew!", she chirps happily, "Yes yes Leviathan is pretty sea-ish and a very good name!" She hopped a few times around Leviathan humming an unknown melody and sometimes mumbling something that sound like 'Levia, Levia, lovely name'.
When she finally calms down and listen to his explanation about his eyes. She listen very carefully.
"So you stand on land and throwing your trident at the fishies? And you hit them that way?" She giggles. "Poor Ragnar must be very bad with his trident only hitting bigger enemys with it." She looks up and gazing upon his eyes. She looks a bit dizzing after a while and shaking her little head. "Those eyes confusing me", she mumbles, "But if they are okay with you they seem to be fine." She smiles up to him.

"Oh I hope they do! I want to swim with daddy all the time. But for now my eyes are getting stingy when we are diving too long", she paused, "Like for two or three days. When Rack forget to emerge at sunset or sundown." She pouts a little about that last words.
cbEt44U.pnglAR8cRt.pngiYZYA9W.png0jScwbh.png1HxhWtd.png6m2ResQ.pngfwf0oTL.pngIkvam99.pngYPCKcE0.pngh8GgOlC.png
dyZM6SW.png
@Riesenraddieb [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/447947/44794659p.png[/img] Leviathan nods as she confirms how he fishes. [color=orange]"Yes, though sometimes I fly over the water as well."[/color] He tilts his head to the side. [color=orange]"Perhaps Ragnar hit bigger enemies because his strength behind the throw is enough to defeat them as well. The larger the target the easier it is to hit but they can also be harder to take down. Only strong dragons can do that with ease." [/color] He chuckles at her and nods. [color=orange]"I'm sure your father will love to have you swim with him. Just keep at it, perhaps he can even help find a way to make the stinging stop sooner."[/color]
@Riesenraddieb
44794659p.png
Leviathan nods as she confirms how he fishes. "Yes, though sometimes I fly over the water as well." He tilts his head to the side. "Perhaps Ragnar hit bigger enemies because his strength behind the throw is enough to defeat them as well. The larger the target the easier it is to hit but they can also be harder to take down. Only strong dragons can do that with ease."

He chuckles at her and nods. "I'm sure your father will love to have you swim with him. Just keep at it, perhaps he can even help find a way to make the stinging stop sooner."
1 2 3