Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Plague Subspecies] Necromancers
1 2 ... 185 186 187 188 189 ... 235 236
@3idolon
ye! I'm just sorting the sheet and getting them registered before I make a post on the thread (im super excited variants are allowed now bc I have A Necro Crow lad I'd love to use aside from my main necro lady)

aha not to worry! I'll manage it :3
@3idolon
ye! I'm just sorting the sheet and getting them registered before I make a post on the thread (im super excited variants are allowed now bc I have A Necro Crow lad I'd love to use aside from my main necro lady)

aha not to worry! I'll manage it :3
xN6nsb3.png
” we all have one foot in a fairytale
and the other in the abyss “

@Luciferr Hey, just FYI, but while Divergences (ie Necrows etc) can be put on the Elite Registry they can’t be on the Standard registries, which is just for Necros. The Necro registration form is only for the standard registry.

Unfortunately I still need to be hands on with the elite registry because there are so many things to check. To get dragons out on the elite registry you should link me to your council post and to the dragon’s profiles. Thanks!
@Luciferr Hey, just FYI, but while Divergences (ie Necrows etc) can be put on the Elite Registry they can’t be on the Standard registries, which is just for Necros. The Necro registration form is only for the standard registry.

Unfortunately I still need to be hands on with the elite registry because there are so many things to check. To get dragons out on the elite registry you should link me to your council post and to the dragon’s profiles. Thanks!
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
@3idolon ah right apologies about that! Thankfully there’s not too many compared to my legion of normal necromancers oof.

I’ll sort that out when I’m next free for finishing doing the council stuff on my end!

Sorry about that!
@3idolon ah right apologies about that! Thankfully there’s not too many compared to my legion of normal necromancers oof.

I’ll sort that out when I’m next free for finishing doing the council stuff on my end!

Sorry about that!
xN6nsb3.png
” we all have one foot in a fairytale
and the other in the abyss “

@/Luciferr No worries! Excited to get your babs up!
@/Luciferr No worries! Excited to get your babs up!
@
@
@/LouCat @/Yangxin Your Councilors and entourages have been added to the Elite Registry!
@/LouCat @/Yangxin Your Councilors and entourages have been added to the Elite Registry!
@
@
don't mind me asking but what happens to a dragon once their completely enveloped by the shade? are the husks the ones that make pacts with other dragons, how powerful are they exactly? im sorry i just love the lichs
don't mind me asking but what happens to a dragon once their completely enveloped by the shade? are the husks the ones that make pacts with other dragons, how powerful are they exactly? im sorry i just love the lichs
@Sirenhead Hey there! I'm so glad you enjoy the Lichs [emoji=heart size=1] [quote=Sirenhead]what happens to a dragon once their completely enveloped by the shade? are the husks the ones that make pacts with other dragons, how powerful are they exactly?[/quote] The following is a general guideline, Necros vary wildly as individuals and so their response to the Shade will also be very personal, dependent on their personality and abilities. Since the Shade is actively eating away at the Necromancer (first their power, then their life force, and then their soul) a dragon that has become completely enveloped will effectively crumble into dust. The dragon becomes a creature of the Shade as soon as the pact is made, and they can then immediately prey on their fellow dragons, infecting others with the Shade against their will or seducing other Necros. Some dragons have a strong will and can resist the Shade's consuming force, and these are the ones best able to use their new abilities to achieve their own desires. Some dragons are weaker, and they hollow out quickly, becoming either a quick meal for the Shade, or a puppet, used to carry out the Shade's desires instead of their own (which is likely to mean infecting other dragons). How powerful they become completely depends on the dragon's personality and abilities. Drawing on the Shade's power both bolsters their own abilities and quickens the rate they are consumed. One dragon might use the power all at once, becoming invincible for a short time or performing some miraculous feat, only to quickly disintegrate soon after. Another dragon might only occasionally use the Shade's power and so last much longer. But the Shade is actively trying to trick and consume the dragon host, so it takes a very strong-willed Necro to resist using their Lich powers. They can of course also find substitutes, feeding the Shade with other victims and effectively getting their power for 'free'. However this is difficult, and the more they prey on others the more they risk exposing themselves, so many ultimately find it much easier to let the Shade feed on themselves directly. I hope that helps! @Delotha may also have further insights, as the Lich was originally their lore creation. If you have any other questions feel free to let me know [emoji=mirror happy size=1]
@Sirenhead Hey there! I'm so glad you enjoy the Lichs
Sirenhead wrote:
what happens to a dragon once their completely enveloped by the shade? are the husks the ones that make pacts with other dragons, how powerful are they exactly?

The following is a general guideline, Necros vary wildly as individuals and so their response to the Shade will also be very personal, dependent on their personality and abilities.

Since the Shade is actively eating away at the Necromancer (first their power, then their life force, and then their soul) a dragon that has become completely enveloped will effectively crumble into dust.

The dragon becomes a creature of the Shade as soon as the pact is made, and they can then immediately prey on their fellow dragons, infecting others with the Shade against their will or seducing other Necros. Some dragons have a strong will and can resist the Shade's consuming force, and these are the ones best able to use their new abilities to achieve their own desires. Some dragons are weaker, and they hollow out quickly, becoming either a quick meal for the Shade, or a puppet, used to carry out the Shade's desires instead of their own (which is likely to mean infecting other dragons).

How powerful they become completely depends on the dragon's personality and abilities. Drawing on the Shade's power both bolsters their own abilities and quickens the rate they are consumed. One dragon might use the power all at once, becoming invincible for a short time or performing some miraculous feat, only to quickly disintegrate soon after. Another dragon might only occasionally use the Shade's power and so last much longer. But the Shade is actively trying to trick and consume the dragon host, so it takes a very strong-willed Necro to resist using their Lich powers. They can of course also find substitutes, feeding the Shade with other victims and effectively getting their power for 'free'. However this is difficult, and the more they prey on others the more they risk exposing themselves, so many ultimately find it much easier to let the Shade feed on themselves directly.

I hope that helps! @Delotha may also have further insights, as the Lich was originally their lore creation. If you have any other questions feel free to let me know
@
@
[center][font=lucida console][size=7][color=maroon]Eye Lore Continued[/color][/size][/font][/center] [center][img]https://imgur.com/HuOKrkL.png[/img][/center] [center][font=lucida console][size=5]Black text = found on Lore post [color=transparent]@[/color][color=maroon]Red text = additional information[/size][/font][/center] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/28069.png[/img][/center] [b]Dark Sclera[/b]:A dragon's eyes are a symbol of their elemental magic, so it is jarring indeed to see that holy color surrounded by the blackness of the Shade. [color=maroon]Distrusted, shunned, persecuted, dragons that develop Dark Sclera are often doomed to a life of loneliness and forced flight. Not even Necromancers can escape that taint, although unlike their untested brethren they can rise above it. Despite intense research and magical inquiry, it is not entirely clear why a dragon develops Dark Sclera, though rumor and hearsay abound.[/color] If a Necromancer, Necroservus, or Wraith develop Dark Sclera during their Trials it is often whispered that they entered into a heretical alliance with the Shade to save themselves and succeed. A Ghoul is twice-damned, the Dark Sclera pointed to as both the reason for their failure and Mother's judgement of their betrayal. [color=maroon]But despite the added burden of social persecution, Dark Sclera brings many gifts as well. A dragon so benighted gains the ability to gauge the Infectionist abilities of the Necromancers around them from sight alone, and to identify their signature Plague in others. It's a tempting gift to any Necromancer, so when one of long-standing suddenly develops a darkened gaze it brings with it inevitable suspicion, and 'Lich' might be whispered behind the dragon's back. (Dark Sclera lore developed by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=27733]Yuubi[/url]) [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/29585.png[/img][/center] [b]Swirl[/b]: Swirl-eyed dragons exist in two states: a dormant stationary state and an active swirling state. When active, the spiral of the dragon's eye rotates and they are able to observe and process a preternatural level of information about the world around them. In Necromancers and their variants, the effect often manifests as the ability to perceive a body's inherent weaknesses, susceptibilities, and latent disease states before symptoms even appear. The ability is not without price, for the more often a dragon activates their sight, the faster their control over it erodes. In later stages a dragon completely loses the ability to deactivate their gaze, leaving them in a state that is out of sync with time and space. They are no longer able to perceive reality as it is, and are instead lost to the exponential possibilities of the future. [color=maroon] Like a disease, swirl eyes are contagious and can be transferred when a dragon touches another with magic. As a result, swirl eyes are an almost insurmountable liability in Necromancers. Instead it is Necroservi that benefit most from the eye-type, often using it in service of their Necromancer, who in turn can help them maintain control. Swirl eyes in Ghouls are truly terrifying. Already unstable, Ghouls with swirl eyes quickly lose control and fall into insanity. However that does not stop unscrupulous Necromancers forcing the condition on captive Ghouls, wanting the power the ability grants without suffering its detriments. (Swirl lore inspired by [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=141769]Delotha[/url] and [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=156806]Turboblaze[/url])[/color] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/39293.png[/img][/center] [b]Goat[/b]: Goat eyes are a physical manifestation of an unusual neurology, one that can separate the goat-eyed individual from the dragons around them and leave them a stranger in their own clan. Like the monotone Fae that struggles to communicate with dragons lacking an emotive crest, the goat-eyed dragon finds it difficult to read social situations or respond to appropriate cues. Interestingly, this disconnect disappears when interacting with Beastclan, or the animals of Sornieth's wildlands. [color=maroon]Goat-eyed dragons tend to feel most at home in lonely, wild places, or the villages of Centaur and Talonok. Others learn how to adapt their unique mindset to dragon society and make a place for themselves in the odd nooks and crannies of their communities.[/color] The primary distinction of goat-eyed Necromancers and their variants is their heavy reliance on their familiar, both to do their work and in getting by in day-to-day life. Goat-eyed Necromancers are the least likely to follow the unwritten expectation that they take a Plague familiar after their Trials, instead choosing one most attuned to their personality and needs. [color=maroon]Much can be inferred about a goat-eyed Necromancer simply by knowing their familiar.[/color] (Goat lore inspired by [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=470967]Lunaralight[/url]) [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/31794.png[/img][/center] [b]Innocent[/b]: For Innocent eyed individuals some symptoms of the second Trial linger past the 23rd day. Developing during the Trial of Survival, Innocent eyes are the visible symptom of a special strain of Mother’s Plague that attacks the optic nerve. In affected dragons, excess tears are produced - the fluid viscous and cloudy - giving the eye a magnified appearance with a watery sheen. [color=maroon]Left untreated, the membrane of the eye becomes inflamed and begins to deteriorate, eventually leading to blindness. This is quite different from what is known as Innocent eyes outside of the Trials, which in most cases is simply large eyes. Innocent eyes as it applies to the variants is most common in Ghouls and the disease is expressed in them to the most devasting effect. Already deadly, Innocent eyed Ghouls become devastating, their Plague literally dripping from them with their tears.[/color] Curiously, Necromancers and Servus with Innocent eyes almost universally resist or outright refuse treatment. [color=maroon]They give a range of excuses, from ‘the tears feel right, they are a gift from Mother as much as my stripes,’ to ‘they are a symbol of Mother’s virulency, found in me just as much as in Her most dangerous Ghouls.’ [/color]All variants can recall the exact moment that they contracted the disease, as if it were tied to a sudden epiphany or revelation. Their vehemence in keeping their eyes even unto blindness has led to rumors that they're privy to secrete truths and hidden knowledge bestowed by the Mother. (Innocent lore inspired by [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=408680]Drakessis[/url])
Eye Lore Continued
HuOKrkL.png

Black text = found on Lore post @Red text = additional information

28069.png

Dark Sclera:A dragon's eyes are a symbol of their elemental magic, so it is jarring indeed to see that holy color surrounded by the blackness of the Shade. Distrusted, shunned, persecuted, dragons that develop Dark Sclera are often doomed to a life of loneliness and forced flight. Not even Necromancers can escape that taint, although unlike their untested brethren they can rise above it. Despite intense research and magical inquiry, it is not entirely clear why a dragon develops Dark Sclera, though rumor and hearsay abound. If a Necromancer, Necroservus, or Wraith develop Dark Sclera during their Trials it is often whispered that they entered into a heretical alliance with the Shade to save themselves and succeed. A Ghoul is twice-damned, the Dark Sclera pointed to as both the reason for their failure and Mother's judgement of their betrayal. But despite the added burden of social persecution, Dark Sclera brings many gifts as well. A dragon so benighted gains the ability to gauge the Infectionist abilities of the Necromancers around them from sight alone, and to identify their signature Plague in others. It's a tempting gift to any Necromancer, so when one of long-standing suddenly develops a darkened gaze it brings with it inevitable suspicion, and 'Lich' might be whispered behind the dragon's back. (Dark Sclera lore developed by Yuubi)

29585.png

Swirl: Swirl-eyed dragons exist in two states: a dormant stationary state and an active swirling state. When active, the spiral of the dragon's eye rotates and they are able to observe and process a preternatural level of information about the world around them. In Necromancers and their variants, the effect often manifests as the ability to perceive a body's inherent weaknesses, susceptibilities, and latent disease states before symptoms even appear. The ability is not without price, for the more often a dragon activates their sight, the faster their control over it erodes. In later stages a dragon completely loses the ability to deactivate their gaze, leaving them in a state that is out of sync with time and space. They are no longer able to perceive reality as it is, and are instead lost to the exponential possibilities of the future. Like a disease, swirl eyes are contagious and can be transferred when a dragon touches another with magic. As a result, swirl eyes are an almost insurmountable liability in Necromancers. Instead it is Necroservi that benefit most from the eye-type, often using it in service of their Necromancer, who in turn can help them maintain control. Swirl eyes in Ghouls are truly terrifying. Already unstable, Ghouls with swirl eyes quickly lose control and fall into insanity. However that does not stop unscrupulous Necromancers forcing the condition on captive Ghouls, wanting the power the ability grants without suffering its detriments. (Swirl lore inspired by Delotha and Turboblaze)

39293.png

Goat: Goat eyes are a physical manifestation of an unusual neurology, one that can separate the goat-eyed individual from the dragons around them and leave them a stranger in their own clan. Like the monotone Fae that struggles to communicate with dragons lacking an emotive crest, the goat-eyed dragon finds it difficult to read social situations or respond to appropriate cues. Interestingly, this disconnect disappears when interacting with Beastclan, or the animals of Sornieth's wildlands. Goat-eyed dragons tend to feel most at home in lonely, wild places, or the villages of Centaur and Talonok. Others learn how to adapt their unique mindset to dragon society and make a place for themselves in the odd nooks and crannies of their communities. The primary distinction of goat-eyed Necromancers and their variants is their heavy reliance on their familiar, both to do their work and in getting by in day-to-day life. Goat-eyed Necromancers are the least likely to follow the unwritten expectation that they take a Plague familiar after their Trials, instead choosing one most attuned to their personality and needs. Much can be inferred about a goat-eyed Necromancer simply by knowing their familiar. (Goat lore inspired by Lunaralight)

31794.png

Innocent: For Innocent eyed individuals some symptoms of the second Trial linger past the 23rd day. Developing during the Trial of Survival, Innocent eyes are the visible symptom of a special strain of Mother’s Plague that attacks the optic nerve. In affected dragons, excess tears are produced - the fluid viscous and cloudy - giving the eye a magnified appearance with a watery sheen. Left untreated, the membrane of the eye becomes inflamed and begins to deteriorate, eventually leading to blindness. This is quite different from what is known as Innocent eyes outside of the Trials, which in most cases is simply large eyes. Innocent eyes as it applies to the variants is most common in Ghouls and the disease is expressed in them to the most devasting effect. Already deadly, Innocent eyed Ghouls become devastating, their Plague literally dripping from them with their tears. Curiously, Necromancers and Servus with Innocent eyes almost universally resist or outright refuse treatment. They give a range of excuses, from ‘the tears feel right, they are a gift from Mother as much as my stripes,’ to ‘they are a symbol of Mother’s virulency, found in me just as much as in Her most dangerous Ghouls.’ All variants can recall the exact moment that they contracted the disease, as if it were tied to a sudden epiphany or revelation. Their vehemence in keeping their eyes even unto blindness has led to rumors that they're privy to secrete truths and hidden knowledge bestowed by the Mother. (Innocent lore inspired by Drakessis)
@
@
@KalicoKat Your Councilors and their Entourages have been added to the Elite Registry! Please take a moment to double check that everything looks good. I'll wait on adding the new Councilor's to the Member post until their emblems are ready, but if you think that might be awhile let me know and I can add them with a placeholder.
@KalicoKat Your Councilors and their Entourages have been added to the Elite Registry! Please take a moment to double check that everything looks good. I'll wait on adding the new Councilor's to the Member post until their emblems are ready, but if you think that might be awhile let me know and I can add them with a placeholder.
@
@
[size=1][size=1]@3idolon @thecell @mnkn10 @kneph @artuserisorion @kava @shadari @moonseed @halua @agonist @minona @sixcrows @knockoutbd @demonhearts @kmrikkari @balam @stduke @rosielin @reotheleo @vengeful @foxghosts @essayofthoughts @horseleech @shadowfire1223 @toxicsugar @nightstreet @xxcalypsoxx @scorpiontail @textbookhumor @psittacidae @caathedral @necromancess @loyalstar @fouguri @spore @probablyskeletor @shadowpiper @whyyesimnot @serron @roaringspector @blodhundrr @astraldragons @tarantulove @karikumik @teahorse @erraticpulse @spacecrows @londor @protogenos @mephi @virulent @cosmicfalcon @coldapotumkin @delotha @wyldangel @sherina @molu @seonais @artemisaeternity @cartographic @drakessis @itsthirteen @cinamonpizza @felverus @komichi @wolfandcrow @aradan @featherfalls @kyubbikurama @horrorsilk @sidia @yuubi @helix @bezonox @direclaw @noxextractum @dorumon210 @witchhunt @sirenasib @frankenfood @theine @bonesandmurk @informalknight @captainsaviathan @hppjwof @meilis @lunaralight @angeliiii @nerodrag @sylvanlady @yaxie @gibberish @kalicokat @xarilin @xcouriersix @umbreonknight @lunarmoth @hlaalu @mako @corvusnevermore @mxferal @sunsong43 @wolftrickster @fall29 @theeternalplague @arsonbites @dathomir @antisense @hideki @fearthearchmage @tynethyne @bloodhunter @bxy26 @clockworkeclipse @franchesca @necramancy @screenmaster @apothecaria @haftlinger @avalight @crimsonlilly @firebirdsuite @provaha @inkfrog @blushunt @borrowedphrases @dragonsquid @serpentineoracle @kreptv @flirt @blooddrool @gabssey @snowsilver @goldensootball @spiiders @svarog @dawnfire13 @truthseekersky6 @cinamonpizza @flyteofheart @kwozmotis @elysifish @levantera @amezrou @gabssey @whisperingwoe @finalflight @avalight @mothermalice @almosteverything @tendervulture @lemonjuiice @adaejha @glaucous @berceuse @sonjmir @trickilicky @ichorapotheosis @aileth @getyourghost @ladydiscord @taejin @laufeys @geist @naramyon @askesis @necromaniac @beefnpotatostu @anjoulas @skyserenade @rampant @continlula @teenytk @darq @serpentscribe @yellowstonedemon @datedchicken @luciferr @stormcatcherhere @tendervulture @smokesignals @naibobi @yangxin @bigsistermoon @harleychaos @eragia @loucat @thevvitch @fernfalls @hyddenchyld @starlitbreath[/size][/size] [center][size=7][font=lucida]Update take two[/font][/size][/center] [center][item=vial of brilliant sight][/center] [size=4][u]Winner of the Bright Eyes Contest[/u][/size] Entries for the Bright eye contest were [i]extremely[/i] well written and went quite in depth! Unfortunately space restrictions mean that the entry that goes into the lore post can only be a paragraph long, and it broke my heart not to take advantage of all the amazing lore submitted. That being said, please know that if you submitted an entry I was quite impressed with every single one of them! It was quite hard to choose a winner. In the end I decided to combine two entires that meshed well together for the final lore. Usernames were removed from the entries before judging. [b]Thank you to @ClockworkEclipse and @Bxy26 for your winning entires![/b] Thank you also to @EssayofThoughts and @KalicoKat for your 2nd place entries, I enjoyed them immensely! Winners will get a copy of the Bright Eyes vial and have earned 1st place Council points for those that participate in Council. 2nd Place has earned Council points, and all entries have earned participation Council points. Thank you so much for participating! [quote=Bright Eyes] Dragons with Bright eyes are known for their passion and the fevered intensity with which they pursue their goals. This drive to achieve is often compared to a Guardian’s single-minded obsession to find their charge, and one stands between them and what they want at their peril. Necromancers with Bright eyes can make fearsome zealots, or pursue their duties at the expense of their mental and physical health. Bright-eyed Necroservi are prized above all other eye types, though these Servus are the most likely to abandon their Necromancer for another if they feel they lack ambition. Ghouls with Bright eyes are known to retain their sanity even when their plague is at its most virulent, using their goal-driven focus to keep the madness at bay.[/quote] The final lore has been added to the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2412017#post_32545840]Lore Post[/url]. [center][item=vial of soft sight][/center] [size=4][u]New Contest: Soft Eyes[/u][/size] You know the drill! If you would like to contribute to the canon Necro lore for Soft eyes, please submit your entry to the thread by [b]October 1st[/b]. Entries will be judged anonymously and one or more will be used as inspiration for the final lore and winners will be credited. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with! [center][item=breed change: banescale][/center] [size=4][u]Banescale Variant Contest[/u][/size] I am very tentatively opening up submissions for the Banescale Necro variant. Those that are interested can submit lore and gene scries via PM and/or google doc and the winner will be the runner and owner of the Banescale Necro variant and thread (See @Mako's amazing [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3004953#post_3004953]Gaoler thread[/url] for an example!). To submit you must take part in [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2903785/1#post_2903785]Council[/url] and have earned at least 500 points to ensure investment in the subspecies. If you don't take part in Council but would still like to submit an entry please PM me. If multiple entries are submitted the winner will be chosen by community vote. Right now there is no deadline for entries, however if I receive three or more entries the contest will move to voting. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/624.png[/img][/center] [size=4][u]Main thread re-haul[/u][/size] The main thread was getting un-wieldy and intimidating to engage with, but now it has been re-hauled and.... honestly is still rather un-wieldy and intimidating to engage with... but (!!) hopefully is less so! Most of the content remains the same, however things have been spaced out a little more and icons added to direct reading and interest. The biggest change is that eye lore has been slimmed down for many of the entries and the details compiled in a linked [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2412017/189#post_48924292]eye lore post[/url] for those looking for more information. With any luck the thread will be easier to navigate now (emoji=mirror crossed fingers) [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/equipment/40864.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/equipment/40854.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/equipment/40839.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/40568.png[/img][/center] [size=4][u]Warrior's Way Additions[/u][/size] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3044795#post_3044795]Warrior's Way[/url] brought us a lot of new goodies! Weapons have been added to the Blades symbols, skulls have been added to the Bones symbols, shields have been added to the Tools symbols, and the Syctheclaw Mantis (blades for hands!) has been added to the low-ranking Necro familiars. Please remember that these guidelines are flexible and any apparel or familiar can be used as long as you provide back up lore! [center][img]https://imgur.com/llHf90w.png[/img][/center] [size=4][u]New Button from berceuse[/u][/size] Omg [i]look at'em[/i]!! Thank you so much to @berceuse for our newest Necro button. This cutie can be found on the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2412017#post_32545847]Buttons and Banners post[/url]! That's all for now, thank you everyone!
@3idolon @thecell @mnkn10 @kneph @artuserisorion @kava @shadari @moonseed @halua @agonist @minona @sixcrows @knockoutbd @demonhearts @kmrikkari @balam @stduke @rosielin @reotheleo @vengeful @foxghosts @essayofthoughts @horseleech @shadowfire1223 @toxicsugar @nightstreet @xxcalypsoxx @scorpiontail @textbookhumor @psittacidae @caathedral @necromancess @loyalstar @fouguri @spore @probablyskeletor @shadowpiper @whyyesimnot @serron @roaringspector @blodhundrr @astraldragons @tarantulove @karikumik @teahorse @erraticpulse @spacecrows @londor @protogenos @mephi @virulent @cosmicfalcon @coldapotumkin @delotha @wyldangel @sherina @molu @seonais @artemisaeternity @cartographic @drakessis @itsthirteen @cinamonpizza @felverus @komichi @wolfandcrow @aradan @featherfalls @kyubbikurama @horrorsilk @sidia @yuubi @helix @bezonox @direclaw @noxextractum @dorumon210 @witchhunt @sirenasib @frankenfood @theine @bonesandmurk @informalknight @captainsaviathan @hppjwof @meilis @lunaralight @angeliiii @nerodrag @sylvanlady @yaxie @gibberish @kalicokat @xarilin @xcouriersix @umbreonknight @lunarmoth @hlaalu @mako @corvusnevermore @mxferal @sunsong43 @wolftrickster @fall29 @theeternalplague @arsonbites @dathomir @antisense @hideki @fearthearchmage @tynethyne @bloodhunter @bxy26 @clockworkeclipse @franchesca @necramancy @screenmaster @apothecaria @haftlinger @avalight @crimsonlilly @firebirdsuite @provaha @inkfrog @blushunt @borrowedphrases @dragonsquid @serpentineoracle @kreptv @flirt @blooddrool @gabssey @snowsilver @goldensootball @spiiders @svarog @dawnfire13 @truthseekersky6 @cinamonpizza @flyteofheart @kwozmotis @elysifish @levantera @amezrou @gabssey @whisperingwoe @finalflight @avalight @mothermalice @almosteverything @tendervulture @lemonjuiice @adaejha @glaucous @berceuse @sonjmir @trickilicky @ichorapotheosis @aileth @getyourghost @ladydiscord @taejin @laufeys @geist @naramyon @askesis @necromaniac @beefnpotatostu @anjoulas @skyserenade @rampant @continlula @teenytk @darq @serpentscribe @yellowstonedemon @datedchicken @luciferr @stormcatcherhere @tendervulture @smokesignals @naibobi @yangxin @bigsistermoon @harleychaos @eragia @loucat @thevvitch @fernfalls @hyddenchyld @starlitbreath
Update take two

Vial of Brilliant Sight

Winner of the Bright Eyes Contest

Entries for the Bright eye contest were extremely well written and went quite in depth! Unfortunately space restrictions mean that the entry that goes into the lore post can only be a paragraph long, and it broke my heart not to take advantage of all the amazing lore submitted. That being said, please know that if you submitted an entry I was quite impressed with every single one of them!

It was quite hard to choose a winner. In the end I decided to combine two entires that meshed well together for the final lore. Usernames were removed from the entries before judging.

Thank you to @ClockworkEclipse and @Bxy26 for your winning entires!

Thank you also to @EssayofThoughts and @KalicoKat for your 2nd place entries, I enjoyed them immensely!

Winners will get a copy of the Bright Eyes vial and have earned 1st place Council points for those that participate in Council. 2nd Place has earned Council points, and all entries have earned participation Council points. Thank you so much for participating!

Bright Eyes wrote:
Dragons with Bright eyes are known for their passion and the fevered intensity with which they pursue their goals. This drive to achieve is often compared to a Guardian’s single-minded obsession to find their charge, and one stands between them and what they want at their peril. Necromancers with Bright eyes can make fearsome zealots, or pursue their duties at the expense of their mental and physical health. Bright-eyed Necroservi are prized above all other eye types, though these Servus are the most likely to abandon their Necromancer for another if they feel they lack ambition. Ghouls with Bright eyes are known to retain their sanity even when their plague is at its most virulent, using their goal-driven focus to keep the madness at bay.

The final lore has been added to the Lore Post.

Vial of Soft Sight

New Contest: Soft Eyes

You know the drill! If you would like to contribute to the canon Necro lore for Soft eyes, please submit your entry to the thread by October 1st. Entries will be judged anonymously and one or more will be used as inspiration for the final lore and winners will be credited. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Breed Change: Banescale

Banescale Variant Contest

I am very tentatively opening up submissions for the Banescale Necro variant. Those that are interested can submit lore and gene scries via PM and/or google doc and the winner will be the runner and owner of the Banescale Necro variant and thread (See @Mako's amazing Gaoler thread for an example!). To submit you must take part in Council and have earned at least 500 points to ensure investment in the subspecies. If you don't take part in Council but would still like to submit an entry please PM me. If multiple entries are submitted the winner will be chosen by community vote. Right now there is no deadline for entries, however if I receive three or more entries the contest will move to voting.

624.png

Main thread re-haul

The main thread was getting un-wieldy and intimidating to engage with, but now it has been re-hauled and.... honestly is still rather un-wieldy and intimidating to engage with... but (!!) hopefully is less so! Most of the content remains the same, however things have been spaced out a little more and icons added to direct reading and interest. The biggest change is that eye lore has been slimmed down for many of the entries and the details compiled in a linked eye lore post for those looking for more information. With any luck the thread will be easier to navigate now (emoji=mirror crossed fingers)

40864.png 40854.png 40839.png40568.png

Warrior's Way Additions

Warrior's Way brought us a lot of new goodies! Weapons have been added to the Blades symbols, skulls have been added to the Bones symbols, shields have been added to the Tools symbols, and the Syctheclaw Mantis (blades for hands!) has been added to the low-ranking Necro familiars. Please remember that these guidelines are flexible and any apparel or familiar can be used as long as you provide back up lore!

llHf90w.png
New Button from berceuse

Omg look at'em!! Thank you so much to @berceuse for our newest Necro button. This cutie can be found on the Buttons and Banners post!

That's all for now, thank you everyone!
@
@
1 2 ... 185 186 187 188 189 ... 235 236