Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Whooo, finally~!
1 2 3
I just finished coding this girl's bio after working on it for a few days. [size=1]So many columns....... :'D[/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26004563] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/260046/26004563_350.png[/img] [/url] Any bios/codes/lore you've worked on lately that you're proud of? Feel free to show them off here! ^^
I just finished coding this girl's bio after working on it for a few days. So many columns....... :'D

26004563_350.png

Any bios/codes/lore you've worked on lately that you're proud of? Feel free to show them off here! ^^
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
Love that bio layout! It's stuffed full of information and your attention to clan infrastructure is wonderful. I'm not proud of the fact that I impulse bought this girl...I did NOT need any more dragons xD But I did manage to give her a bio rather than just have a dragon without a backstory/function sitting in my lair. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35793146] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/357932/35793146_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]
Love that bio layout! It's stuffed full of information and your attention to clan infrastructure is wonderful.

I'm not proud of the fact that I impulse bought this girl...I did NOT need any more dragons xD But I did manage to give her a bio rather than just have a dragon without a backstory/function sitting in my lair.
15581.png Elsewhere
She |

FR + 2
28268.png
i just want to build you up, build you up till you're good as new and maybe one day
i will get around to fixing myself too

Adopts | FA | Lorwolf | RP Hub

25762.png
That looks like it took a while to write up and code. I'm constantly writing, so I'll just drop off a few recent projects here These two are my latest in sub-clan lore writing: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24267302][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/242674/24267302.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23522963][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/235230/23522963.png[/img][/url] Part of milti-clan lore: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30730694][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/307307/30730694.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35341608][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/353417/35341608.png[/img][/url]
That looks like it took a while to write up and code.
I'm constantly writing, so I'll just drop off a few recent projects here

These two are my latest in sub-clan lore writing:
24267302.png23522963.png

Part of milti-clan lore:
30730694.png35341608.png
erDky6R.png
Frigid Souls: Lineage

Glitched color sales

Back From The Dead: Public Hatchery
29612259.png63640503.png
@Elsewhere Thank you! It was a bit of a pain to organize all those fields of responsibility, honestly, especially with the overlapping ones. Then I just decided "What the heck" and decided some dragons had two day jobs. Your lair looks familiar; I'm pretty sure I've poked around here before. xD I like the stat bars you've got on the right. Janja's story is great, and I love how you explained her appearance in the story. It actually has some bearing instead of just being a description of her. (I especially like that bit about Janja having been bred to be delicate "for aesthetics".) The hierarchy at the bottom is nicely organized, too. It couldn't have been easy to get the columns centered like that, but it looks very neat and is easy to read. BONUS: My Sheol greets your Sheol, yo~ You will find that her bio is not as...um, impressive, however. ^^' [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34329036] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/343291/34329036_350.png[/img] [/url] @Athexreh That's some nice organization there! I especially like the rambling style, but had to skip some parts of Trammel's bio because the corrupted text doesn't show up on my browser. [size=2]I still have figured out how to fix that. D:[/size] Pretty fun idea to include the reader as part of the lab staff, btw. It's an interesting way to frame the introductions of the other characters. Revellen and Desolan had some truly stunning stories. I like how we get a short introduction of Revellen, and the descriptions of the heavenly bodies at the end sort of throw everything off, make the reader question if Revellen really is [i]just[/i] a dragon. Desolan, too -- poor guy. I can really get that sense of him scrabbling at the world, trying to figure out what's missing...only for him to start doubting it when whatever it was that he wanted (or not?) comes along.
@Elsewhere Thank you! It was a bit of a pain to organize all those fields of responsibility, honestly, especially with the overlapping ones. Then I just decided "What the heck" and decided some dragons had two day jobs.

Your lair looks familiar; I'm pretty sure I've poked around here before. xD I like the stat bars you've got on the right. Janja's story is great, and I love how you explained her appearance in the story. It actually has some bearing instead of just being a description of her. (I especially like that bit about Janja having been bred to be delicate "for aesthetics".)

The hierarchy at the bottom is nicely organized, too. It couldn't have been easy to get the columns centered like that, but it looks very neat and is easy to read.

BONUS: My Sheol greets your Sheol, yo~ You will find that her bio is not as...um, impressive, however. ^^'

34329036_350.png

@Athexreh That's some nice organization there! I especially like the rambling style, but had to skip some parts of Trammel's bio because the corrupted text doesn't show up on my browser. I still have figured out how to fix that. D: Pretty fun idea to include the reader as part of the lab staff, btw. It's an interesting way to frame the introductions of the other characters.

Revellen and Desolan had some truly stunning stories. I like how we get a short introduction of Revellen, and the descriptions of the heavenly bodies at the end sort of throw everything off, make the reader question if Revellen really is just a dragon.

Desolan, too -- poor guy. I can really get that sense of him scrabbling at the world, trying to figure out what's missing...only for him to start doubting it when whatever it was that he wanted (or not?) comes along.

Bahaha well it's realistic in self-sustaining societies-- like I imagine many large dragon clans to be --to have members that fulfill multiple roles. My clan's chancellor is also a pretty talented chef! When he isn't travelling, he often prepares special meals for everyone.

And hey, maybe you have been to visit Elsewhere before! You're always welcome x3 bring your dragons over for a banquet sometime lol

I'm glad you like Janja's story! Usually I get an idea for a dragon character I want to have then buy one to match. But Janja's case was backwards. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with her and it was between her being a saddler and a locksmith. And since dragons don't really ride horses/mounts in this universe (that we know of?) there didn't seem to be much use for a saddler. So locksmith it was!

The hierarchy can be difficult to work with! Especially when I have other dragons to add to a column and I have to adjust things. It takes a lot of tweaking but it's worth it if it looks good lol.

P.S. Your Sheol is very lovely! At least in appearance xD She's a haunting beauty about her for sure. I hope she's more civilized than mine.

Bahaha well it's realistic in self-sustaining societies-- like I imagine many large dragon clans to be --to have members that fulfill multiple roles. My clan's chancellor is also a pretty talented chef! When he isn't travelling, he often prepares special meals for everyone.

And hey, maybe you have been to visit Elsewhere before! You're always welcome x3 bring your dragons over for a banquet sometime lol

I'm glad you like Janja's story! Usually I get an idea for a dragon character I want to have then buy one to match. But Janja's case was backwards. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with her and it was between her being a saddler and a locksmith. And since dragons don't really ride horses/mounts in this universe (that we know of?) there didn't seem to be much use for a saddler. So locksmith it was!

The hierarchy can be difficult to work with! Especially when I have other dragons to add to a column and I have to adjust things. It takes a lot of tweaking but it's worth it if it looks good lol.

P.S. Your Sheol is very lovely! At least in appearance xD She's a haunting beauty about her for sure. I hope she's more civilized than mine.
15581.png Elsewhere
She |

FR + 2
28268.png
i just want to build you up, build you up till you're good as new and maybe one day
i will get around to fixing myself too

Adopts | FA | Lorwolf | RP Hub

25762.png
@Disillusionist Wow, it looks fantastic! It's very well organized and I love how it has just enough detail to describe each dragon without being too wordy. :D I feel like my lair could probably use something like that, it would give my ragtag group of misfits some semblance of organization! xD It would also put pressure on me to at least get a small bit of lore/personality (and clan roles if they don't have one) for each of my dragons xD

How long did it take you to do it, if you don't mind me asking? :o
@Disillusionist Wow, it looks fantastic! It's very well organized and I love how it has just enough detail to describe each dragon without being too wordy. :D I feel like my lair could probably use something like that, it would give my ragtag group of misfits some semblance of organization! xD It would also put pressure on me to at least get a small bit of lore/personality (and clan roles if they don't have one) for each of my dragons xD

How long did it take you to do it, if you don't mind me asking? :o
m1cUkRV.gif
She/Her
FR Time +3
tumblr_otyiqh3lqC1vsg0m1o1_400.png
WWoZukB.gif
K1BzZ.gifkgeky.gifz9uHK.gifuCfko.gifoMnSD.gif9Ml2E.gifjC6vB.gifHcwce.gifQvahY.gifDT4ED.gifGE7cM.gifLmJla.gif7ac7F.gifMspSr.gifGLxad.gifIpCPd.gifF5tbm.gifIYId4.gifIlIZj.gif
@Elsewhere Now that you put it that way, it does make more sense for the dergs to have multiple roles. Your Riis is a great example -- he became good enough at his hobby to make it into a secondary job. Maybe I should do that with more of my dragons. All my dragons and their roles are backwards, like your Janja. I find ones I like, and then the lore sort of appears later on. It's true that bigger dragons wouldn't find any mounts large and strong enough to carry them, but now I have the mental image of Janja making miniature saddles for Faes and Nocs and their mounts. Maybe it could be a sideline and/or hobby. X3 And agreed! Coding can be a real pain, but it's worth it if you have a bio you can smile at. And thank you for your compliments about Sheol. She's the Surgeon and Coroner of the clan. ^^ [quote name="@RogueWolf5" date=2017-09-21 13:40:59] It would also put pressure on me to at least get a small bit of lore/personality (and clan roles if they don't have one) for each of my dragons xD[/quote] Thank you! And yes, this is actually one of the main reasons why I buckled down and finished this bio. It was a good way to set down some ideas I had in mind for my dragons. It took me four days (straight) to set everything up and then finish.
@Elsewhere Now that you put it that way, it does make more sense for the dergs to have multiple roles. Your Riis is a great example -- he became good enough at his hobby to make it into a secondary job. Maybe I should do that with more of my dragons.

All my dragons and their roles are backwards, like your Janja. I find ones I like, and then the lore sort of appears later on. It's true that bigger dragons wouldn't find any mounts large and strong enough to carry them, but now I have the mental image of Janja making miniature saddles for Faes and Nocs and their mounts. Maybe it could be a sideline and/or hobby. X3

And agreed! Coding can be a real pain, but it's worth it if you have a bio you can smile at. And thank you for your compliments about Sheol. She's the Surgeon and Coroner of the clan. ^^

@RogueWolf5 wrote on 2017-09-21:
It would also put pressure on me to at least get a small bit of lore/personality (and clan roles if they don't have one) for each of my dragons xD
Thank you! And yes, this is actually one of the main reasons why I buckled down and finished this bio. It was a good way to set down some ideas I had in mind for my dragons. It took me four days (straight) to set everything up and then finish.
@Disillusionist Oh man, that definitely took a while! But all that hard work definitely paid off!~ I better get started xD
@Disillusionist Oh man, that definitely took a while! But all that hard work definitely paid off!~ I better get started xD
m1cUkRV.gif
She/Her
FR Time +3
tumblr_otyiqh3lqC1vsg0m1o1_400.png
WWoZukB.gif
K1BzZ.gifkgeky.gifz9uHK.gifuCfko.gifoMnSD.gif9Ml2E.gifjC6vB.gifHcwce.gifQvahY.gifDT4ED.gifGE7cM.gifLmJla.gif7ac7F.gifMspSr.gifGLxad.gifIpCPd.gifF5tbm.gifIYId4.gifIlIZj.gif
[font=sylfaen]@Disillusionist, I haven't finished reading her bio yet but hoooo dang that's an absolutely fabulous bio! I love the whole idea of having someone who has all that info in one place it's so [i]organised[/i] I'm completely jealous hahaha. I haven't coded any bios lately (other than edits to other templates) but I finished redoing ALL my thirty-five bios which was. Well that was an endeavour and a half haha. Here's the clan leader to showcase it: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19872049] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/198721/19872049_350.png[/img] [/url] Original code done by Zarane, edits by me bc I had more lore than I could put in the template lol. Now back to reading your lore! edit/ finished your girl's lore haha. LOVED Calliope's summary haha classic. out of curiosity, would you be willing to share that code? it's masterful. don't really have a use for it but i do like to see others' codes to learn how it all works haha. either way you've definitely inspired me to sit down and sort out a proper list of roles and such. make sense out of my mess lol. ^^ will come back and read more of your bios when i have time but. ya know. that time of semester rip
@Disillusionist,
I haven't finished reading her bio yet but hoooo dang that's an absolutely fabulous bio! I love the whole idea of having someone who has all that info in one place it's so organised I'm completely jealous hahaha.

I haven't coded any bios lately (other than edits to other templates) but I finished redoing ALL my thirty-five bios which was. Well that was an endeavour and a half haha. Here's the clan leader to showcase it:

19872049_350.png

Original code done by Zarane, edits by me bc I had more lore than I could put in the template lol.
Now back to reading your lore!

edit/ finished your girl's lore haha. LOVED Calliope's summary haha classic. out of curiosity, would you be willing to share that code? it's masterful. don't really have a use for it but i do like to see others' codes to learn how it all works haha. either way you've definitely inspired me to sit down and sort out a proper list of roles and such. make sense out of my mess lol. ^^ will come back and read more of your bios when i have time but. ya know. that time of semester rip
......................................... tumblr-pa5yx1-Ks-ZM1tecpo4o1-100.png ...
the reliquary
federation-Bar.png
''it's not over yet''
wishlistloreaccentsart
familiar collector • fr +8 • pears!
@RogueWolf5 Yup, I usually find it easy to finish something once I've started it, even if it's just a tiny bit. Adding a little at a time ensures I'm still making some progress. :3

@reliquiaen Thank you! It was a bit of a pain to organize the columns, but I needed something that would also be easy for me to refer to and wouldn't make me cringe every time I looked at it. XD

Thanks for taking the time to read Mal's smorgasbord of info. Now to read Kieri's lore....My word, that template is gorgeous! I think I'm in love~ :o <3 Would it be possible to get a link to the source? It might suit some of my other dragons.

Kieri's lore is lovely! I like how it showcases the relationship with the beings around her. You get the sense of how pure and delicate she is -- but the mentions of the Hive warn you that she's not a dragon to be trifled with.

And yup, I'm definitely planning to release the template version soon. Maybe within a few days; I can start working on it later. I've added a note in Mal's bio and will give you a poke when the template's available for free. :D

And I definitely need to sit down and write stuff for Calliope, too. XD
@RogueWolf5 Yup, I usually find it easy to finish something once I've started it, even if it's just a tiny bit. Adding a little at a time ensures I'm still making some progress. :3

@reliquiaen Thank you! It was a bit of a pain to organize the columns, but I needed something that would also be easy for me to refer to and wouldn't make me cringe every time I looked at it. XD

Thanks for taking the time to read Mal's smorgasbord of info. Now to read Kieri's lore....My word, that template is gorgeous! I think I'm in love~ :o <3 Would it be possible to get a link to the source? It might suit some of my other dragons.

Kieri's lore is lovely! I like how it showcases the relationship with the beings around her. You get the sense of how pure and delicate she is -- but the mentions of the Hive warn you that she's not a dragon to be trifled with.

And yup, I'm definitely planning to release the template version soon. Maybe within a few days; I can start working on it later. I've added a note in Mal's bio and will give you a poke when the template's available for free. :D

And I definitely need to sit down and write stuff for Calliope, too. XD
1 2 3