Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Subspecies] Jewelry Box Fae
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 382 383
@Caravan @fistfulofdragons

Who's to say that tarnished versions may NOT exist? If we can just find the right metal (color), it might be possible to write up lore for older/forgotten pieces to have come to life.

Dragons invest a lot of care and attention on jewelry, why couldn't a necklace or something come to life because it missed that attention? It got worn and loved, and cooed after, buffed twice a day... then nothing? Burst of magic, lightning bolt, wandering soul, whatever creates them happens, and BAM tarnished bracelet is now a slightly off-color Fae that is left sitting confused in a pile of broken wood and scattered gems. Maybe Tarnished? hoard all that Chrysoberyl and Emerald (since FR has no broken jewelry) dropping from the Crystal Pools

Okay... coming up with that was fun ^_^ Even if it's just a half-sketched idea
@Caravan @fistfulofdragons

Who's to say that tarnished versions may NOT exist? If we can just find the right metal (color), it might be possible to write up lore for older/forgotten pieces to have come to life.

Dragons invest a lot of care and attention on jewelry, why couldn't a necklace or something come to life because it missed that attention? It got worn and loved, and cooed after, buffed twice a day... then nothing? Burst of magic, lightning bolt, wandering soul, whatever creates them happens, and BAM tarnished bracelet is now a slightly off-color Fae that is left sitting confused in a pile of broken wood and scattered gems. Maybe Tarnished? hoard all that Chrysoberyl and Emerald (since FR has no broken jewelry) dropping from the Crystal Pools

Okay... coming up with that was fun ^_^ Even if it's just a half-sketched idea
tDeKDnH.pngsGxABHj.png
@Lyathali That's exactly what I mean by the potential for interesting lore! That right there. Copper and tarnish both look like oxidized copper. It's not perfect, but orca could make decent tarnished silver? Or mismatched colors, like silver primary and gloom tert. Gold doesn't tarnish, but we could have some gold-plated jewelry getting scratched up and use metals (a color suggested by someone earlier actually). Lots of opportunities for a broken/old/tarnished variant group to be "discovered" someday. It'd be a heck of a breeding project though [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=94&bodygene=7&breed=1&element=10&gender=0&tert=94&tertgene=6&winggene=8&wings=78&auth=d44d8404f30eeff8b4060998f93cf378e0659373&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=124&bodygene=7&breed=1&element=10&gender=0&tert=124&tertgene=6&winggene=8&wings=78&auth=8f2c99a08d43776796dc133417ae6834b751738a&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=7&breed=1&element=10&gender=0&tert=131&tertgene=6&winggene=8&wings=78&auth=2489528194ef6758bf17faf95863c2e2b416896f&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=5&bodygene=7&breed=1&element=10&gender=0&tert=98&tertgene=6&winggene=8&wings=78&auth=73d8ffda058d4f29e58c4badcba2ca4181196788&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=140&bodygene=7&breed=1&element=10&gender=0&tert=140&tertgene=6&winggene=8&wings=78&auth=cbb918643e993ba21c098a4d542574ea294e5d95&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
@Lyathali That's exactly what I mean by the potential for interesting lore! That right there.

Copper and tarnish both look like oxidized copper. It's not perfect, but orca could make decent tarnished silver? Or mismatched colors, like silver primary and gloom tert. Gold doesn't tarnish, but we could have some gold-plated jewelry getting scratched up and use metals (a color suggested by someone earlier actually). Lots of opportunities for a broken/old/tarnished variant group to be "discovered" someday. It'd be a heck of a breeding project though

dragon?age=1&body=94&bodygene=7&breed=1&element=10&gender=0&tert=94&tertgene=6&winggene=8&wings=78&auth=d44d8404f30eeff8b4060998f93cf378e0659373&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=124&bodygene=7&breed=1&element=10&gender=0&tert=124&tertgene=6&winggene=8&wings=78&auth=8f2c99a08d43776796dc133417ae6834b751738a&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=131&bodygene=7&breed=1&element=10&gender=0&tert=131&tertgene=6&winggene=8&wings=78&auth=2489528194ef6758bf17faf95863c2e2b416896f&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=5&bodygene=7&breed=1&element=10&gender=0&tert=98&tertgene=6&winggene=8&wings=78&auth=73d8ffda058d4f29e58c4badcba2ca4181196788&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=140&bodygene=7&breed=1&element=10&gender=0&tert=140&tertgene=6&winggene=8&wings=78&auth=cbb918643e993ba21c098a4d542574ea294e5d95&dummyext=prev.png
myosotis Sela, she/her, FR+3
Jewelry Box Fae Subspecies
Official Lightning Subspecies
Ultimate Dragon Color Guide
Lore
_______________________Jewelry Box Fae subspecies
@fistfulofdragons

You (and other lore writers) may hate me in a sec... I came up with that in like 5 minutes. Sorta just poured from fingers through keyboard. Maybe a little inspired by that off Darksteel that Cascarones posted. Darksteel it should tarnish, and http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35440565 looks like it could be un-buffed Darksteel
@fistfulofdragons

You (and other lore writers) may hate me in a sec... I came up with that in like 5 minutes. Sorta just poured from fingers through keyboard. Maybe a little inspired by that off Darksteel that Cascarones posted. Darksteel it should tarnish, and http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35440565 looks like it could be un-buffed Darksteel
tDeKDnH.pngsGxABHj.png
@Lyathali I just noticed that button in your signature, niceeee

To be honest, all the lore written up for this subspecies was kinda made up on the spot lol. The main lore paragraphs haven't changed at all since I wrote them either. I kinda feel like I'm cheating everyone. You all think I put so much thought into this but really I just needed an excuse to spread around some pretty dragons I'm obsessed with
@Lyathali I just noticed that button in your signature, niceeee

To be honest, all the lore written up for this subspecies was kinda made up on the spot lol. The main lore paragraphs haven't changed at all since I wrote them either. I kinda feel like I'm cheating everyone. You all think I put so much thought into this but really I just needed an excuse to spread around some pretty dragons I'm obsessed with
Lore
*lifts brow* You say that like FR isn't entirely about spreading dragons around...

Lore Bug bit hard. I'm on FR time and have been typing lore for Garnet and her Guardian for an hour...

and look! I remembered that you're subscribed and that pinging is completely pointless :/
*lifts brow* You say that like FR isn't entirely about spreading dragons around...

Lore Bug bit hard. I'm on FR time and have been typing lore for Garnet and her Guardian for an hour...

and look! I remembered that you're subscribed and that pinging is completely pointless :/
tDeKDnH.pngsGxABHj.png
@fistfulofdragons

We don't need excuses to spread our gems around! >.<
@fistfulofdragons

We don't need excuses to spread our gems around! >.<
ZLcr9dC.gif
@Lyathali Ahhh I'm so glad she's getting loved! I've had Garnet for quite a while~ I felt kinda bad replacing her but it's not like she had lore in my lair, just apparel (which new Garnet will get as soon as she grows up). She's getting even more loved with you than she was with me haha

@Nekros Shhh just because I want to spread them around doesn't mean people will be interested based on appearance alone. Gotta appeal to the lore-lovers to maximize spreading
@Lyathali Ahhh I'm so glad she's getting loved! I've had Garnet for quite a while~ I felt kinda bad replacing her but it's not like she had lore in my lair, just apparel (which new Garnet will get as soon as she grows up). She's getting even more loved with you than she was with me haha

@Nekros Shhh just because I want to spread them around doesn't mean people will be interested based on appearance alone. Gotta appeal to the lore-lovers to maximize spreading
Lore
... link them to my dragon Ashe for an idea of what lore can be for these pretty little things. It's gonna be a small book before I'm done >_>

and I'll try to do something about the text color later. 4:30 in the morning... time for bed
... link them to my dragon Ashe for an idea of what lore can be for these pretty little things. It's gonna be a small book before I'm done >_>

and I'll try to do something about the text color later. 4:30 in the morning... time for bed
tDeKDnH.pngsGxABHj.png
I would say yes, but I have no idea what color wings I'd wanna go for :'D
I would say yes, but I have no idea what color wings I'd wanna go for :'D
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
@SilverFoxDemon Well, if you ever see one that interests you, feel free to snatch them up!
@SilverFoxDemon Well, if you ever see one that interests you, feel free to snatch them up!
Lore
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 382 383