Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Yo-ho me mateys!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18
@NocturneAlley

Really hoping to get in! Pirating sounds like such a fun adventure!
@NocturneAlley

Really hoping to get in! Pirating sounds like such a fun adventure!
courier_pearl.gifcourier_edgar.gifcourier_spitfire.gif
BLOOD WARNING AHEAD. PLEASE BE AWARE THESE ARE DUELS IN WHICH DRAGONS WILL BE HURT.
I will be pinging all of you before each set of duels. So, one mass ping before Quartermaster, one for Second Mate, One for Cabin Boy, etc. If you do NOT want to be pinged repeatedly, let me know which duels you wish to be "present" for. The duels will be through out the entirety of today as I will have to stop periodically to do real life stuff. All Quartermaster and Gunner stories have been written. If you feel like changing your characters attire, only those who are not trying out for QM and Gunner can do so. @akasa @mnkn10 @StripesCO @IgnisFlamel @ChakotaDgryphon @soulykins @SnowLeopard @ScimitarCat @Eeyorelvr @Stealthclaw @Vibe @Helsing @ClockworkEclipse @Leondragon @Abysea @FelixMcTrashy

Attention all ya hopefuls! Th' duels fer Quartermaster be 'bout to begin! These gunna be one round knockout rounds 'n th' last one 'o ye standin' gunna moe on. By random selection, Morgiana 'n Nemo gunna be off first! Good luck, Mateys.

All those in attendance scrambled backwards as the duelist squared up. Nemo, the adventurous Fae from the realim of Death and Decay stands readily against his much larger opponent. Morgiana, a light element Pearlcatcher who hails from the Forge itself, meets the eys of her challenager easily. Nemo suddenly feels a wave of foolishness wash over him as he realizes he left his weapon on the nightstand. Unfurling his wings, the Fae hopes his small stature and quick movements will help him succeed.

Morgiana not being one to wait around for an attack, swipes first. Lunging at the smaller dragon, however, proves inefficient as he zooms upward, delivering a hard kick to her face. A stream of blood begins to leak from her nostril. Unnerved by the sight of her own fluids, Morgiana tries again. Swiping Nemo with her sword, she manages to catch the underside of the Fae's wing with her clawed paw as he attempts to escape skyward again.

Nemo gasps loudly as pain radiates through his shoulder. Looking at his wing, he asseses that while there would be no permanate damage, he would be grounded for the rest of the duel. Hoping his smaller stature and speed will be enough, he quickly scrambles backward out of the Pearlcatcher's reach. Searching for a way to maneuver himself into striking position, Nemo scrambles up the mainmast and quickly launches himself at Morgiana.

The Pearlcatcher had been caught offguard once before, but would not allow it to happen a second time. She caught the smaller dragon mid-jump and, although suffering some nasty bites from his sharp teeth in the process, hurled him hard against the floor of the ship deck. Nemo struggled to et up, his head fuzzy from the impact. He blinked rapidly trying to clear the stars from his vision. He wobbled to his feet, his legs trembling beneath him, before finally giving out. His last thought before succumbing to unconsciousness was, 'At least I drew first blood. That I can be proud of.'
BLOOD WARNING AHEAD. PLEASE BE AWARE THESE ARE DUELS IN WHICH DRAGONS WILL BE HURT.
I will be pinging all of you before each set of duels. So, one mass ping before Quartermaster, one for Second Mate, One for Cabin Boy, etc. If you do NOT want to be pinged repeatedly, let me know which duels you wish to be "present" for. The duels will be through out the entirety of today as I will have to stop periodically to do real life stuff. All Quartermaster and Gunner stories have been written. If you feel like changing your characters attire, only those who are not trying out for QM and Gunner can do so. @akasa @mnkn10 @StripesCO @IgnisFlamel @ChakotaDgryphon @soulykins @SnowLeopard @ScimitarCat @Eeyorelvr @Stealthclaw @Vibe @Helsing @ClockworkEclipse @Leondragon @Abysea @FelixMcTrashy

Attention all ya hopefuls! Th' duels fer Quartermaster be 'bout to begin! These gunna be one round knockout rounds 'n th' last one 'o ye standin' gunna moe on. By random selection, Morgiana 'n Nemo gunna be off first! Good luck, Mateys.

All those in attendance scrambled backwards as the duelist squared up. Nemo, the adventurous Fae from the realim of Death and Decay stands readily against his much larger opponent. Morgiana, a light element Pearlcatcher who hails from the Forge itself, meets the eys of her challenager easily. Nemo suddenly feels a wave of foolishness wash over him as he realizes he left his weapon on the nightstand. Unfurling his wings, the Fae hopes his small stature and quick movements will help him succeed.

Morgiana not being one to wait around for an attack, swipes first. Lunging at the smaller dragon, however, proves inefficient as he zooms upward, delivering a hard kick to her face. A stream of blood begins to leak from her nostril. Unnerved by the sight of her own fluids, Morgiana tries again. Swiping Nemo with her sword, she manages to catch the underside of the Fae's wing with her clawed paw as he attempts to escape skyward again.

Nemo gasps loudly as pain radiates through his shoulder. Looking at his wing, he asseses that while there would be no permanate damage, he would be grounded for the rest of the duel. Hoping his smaller stature and speed will be enough, he quickly scrambles backward out of the Pearlcatcher's reach. Searching for a way to maneuver himself into striking position, Nemo scrambles up the mainmast and quickly launches himself at Morgiana.

The Pearlcatcher had been caught offguard once before, but would not allow it to happen a second time. She caught the smaller dragon mid-jump and, although suffering some nasty bites from his sharp teeth in the process, hurled him hard against the floor of the ship deck. Nemo struggled to et up, his head fuzzy from the impact. He blinked rapidly trying to clear the stars from his vision. He wobbled to his feet, his legs trembling beneath him, before finally giving out. His last thought before succumbing to unconsciousness was, 'At least I drew first blood. That I can be proud of.'
@NocturneAlley Really nice! Can't wait for the other duels :)
@NocturneAlley Really nice! Can't wait for the other duels :)
CXuWKHk.png
@NocturneAlley

Edit: Never mind!
@NocturneAlley

Edit: Never mind!
@Helsing
Thank you! TuT

@Leondragon
I use random.org/list to randomize each round. First it selects who duels first. Then who wins. I create the duel based on each dragons attire (weapons, armor, etc) and their size. If there is more then one duel, I rinse and repeat! Pretty much all the participates do is read and reap the rewards. My only request is if they are selected for future duels against clans and we lose, they help with the treasure bounty. However, this is not a requirement.
@Helsing
Thank you! TuT

@Leondragon
I use random.org/list to randomize each round. First it selects who duels first. Then who wins. I create the duel based on each dragons attire (weapons, armor, etc) and their size. If there is more then one duel, I rinse and repeat! Pretty much all the participates do is read and reap the rewards. My only request is if they are selected for future duels against clans and we lose, they help with the treasure bounty. However, this is not a requirement.
@NocturneAlley

So is the randomization 50/50 chance?
@NocturneAlley

So is the randomization 50/50 chance?
Looks like th' wee guy be out for th' count! No long lastin' damages though! Morgiana be our champion!! She's gunna head over to get fixed up while we watch Kiel 'n Brightdragger duel!

Kiel glided to the center of the deck, avoiding the small specs of blood from the previous fight. Unsheathing her broadsword, she stood ready to fight for her place among the crew. Brightdagger squared up to the massive Ridgeback and reached for her own weapon, only to grasp thin air! 'Kelptender dung!' She cursed herself for making the same mistake as the Fae before her. She eyed Kiel's cool demeanor, a little unnerved but never one to backdown. She stepped a little closer to the edge of the ship and tossed a smile towards her opponent.

With speed and agility of a much smaller dragon, Kiel's sword arm slashed through the air and landed a direct hit! Breaking out into a toothy grin, sure she had just won, Kiel looked at the end of her sword. Brightdagger had closed her eyes, knowing she had very little reaction time. She felt the blow land and when no pain came, she opened her eyes. The sword indeed hit her directly in what would usually be a kill spot. However, wearing her previously plundered breastplate allowed it to absorb the blow. Reacting quickly, while Kiel was still in a stunned silence, the Coatl whirled around wrapping her long tail around the Ridgeback and heaved!

Maybe it was the all the adrenaline pumping through her or maybe the Plaguebringer was smiling down on her, either way Brightdagger managed to pull Kiel to and over the side of the boat and into the icy waters below. Kiel hit the water and instantly panic set in. Unable to move, it took nearly 10 bystanders to pull her from the almost watery grave. When she was finally on dry land, they noticed she was completely unconscious from fear and was no longer able to duel.
Looks like th' wee guy be out for th' count! No long lastin' damages though! Morgiana be our champion!! She's gunna head over to get fixed up while we watch Kiel 'n Brightdragger duel!

Kiel glided to the center of the deck, avoiding the small specs of blood from the previous fight. Unsheathing her broadsword, she stood ready to fight for her place among the crew. Brightdagger squared up to the massive Ridgeback and reached for her own weapon, only to grasp thin air! 'Kelptender dung!' She cursed herself for making the same mistake as the Fae before her. She eyed Kiel's cool demeanor, a little unnerved but never one to backdown. She stepped a little closer to the edge of the ship and tossed a smile towards her opponent.

With speed and agility of a much smaller dragon, Kiel's sword arm slashed through the air and landed a direct hit! Breaking out into a toothy grin, sure she had just won, Kiel looked at the end of her sword. Brightdagger had closed her eyes, knowing she had very little reaction time. She felt the blow land and when no pain came, she opened her eyes. The sword indeed hit her directly in what would usually be a kill spot. However, wearing her previously plundered breastplate allowed it to absorb the blow. Reacting quickly, while Kiel was still in a stunned silence, the Coatl whirled around wrapping her long tail around the Ridgeback and heaved!

Maybe it was the all the adrenaline pumping through her or maybe the Plaguebringer was smiling down on her, either way Brightdagger managed to pull Kiel to and over the side of the boat and into the icy waters below. Kiel hit the water and instantly panic set in. Unable to move, it took nearly 10 bystanders to pull her from the almost watery grave. When she was finally on dry land, they noticed she was completely unconscious from fear and was no longer able to duel.
@Leondragin the first one depends on how many applications there are for that spot. With the Gunners there were three different pairs it could have started with. Whichever was selected to duel first then had a 50/50 shot at progressing to duel the one who managed to not get picked for the first duel. Kinda like picking straws in real life. After that, yes it becomes 50/50 straight across :)
@Leondragin the first one depends on how many applications there are for that spot. With the Gunners there were three different pairs it could have started with. Whichever was selected to duel first then had a 50/50 shot at progressing to duel the one who managed to not get picked for the first duel. Kinda like picking straws in real life. After that, yes it becomes 50/50 straight across :)
What a turn 'o events! Looks like Brightdagger beats Kiel by usin' th' Ridgeback's nature fear 'o water against her! Wow, that be somethin' fer sure. Guess 'tis Morgiana and Brightdagger in the final round fer the right to call themselves Quartermaster!! Morgiana be lookin' like she be ready to go 'n since Brightdagger suffered no actual damages, we can go ahead 'n start now!

With her nose bandaged up, Morgiana once again squared up on the deck of the ship. Her callenager was more her size this time around and she hoped for a good fight. Brightdagger was still standing where she had been when Kiel went overboard. Unsure of how to proceed, she sized up Morgiana, noting that she carried a cutlass on top of her clawed gloves. She wondered if she could steal it without suffering too much damage.

The Pearlcatcher also observed her opponent, knowing the Coatl's tail was dangerous, she made a mental note to be prepared for it. No sooner had she thought it, then Brightdagger shot her tail out and washed the side of Morgiana's face. Morgiana attempted to snag the tail, hoping to cut it up and make it unusable, but she missed. Using her right paw, the Pearlcatcher swiped at the Coatl hoping to catch her offguard. Brightdagger allowed Morgiana to land her blow, wincing as the steal claws tore into the exposed flesh of her face.

While Morgiana's attention was on her success, the Coatl wrapped her tail around the unused weapon and tugged it free! With a cry of triumph, Brightdagger snatched the cutlass up and began a relentless attack with Morgiana. The crowd watched anxiously as steel flashed against the sun and each dragon began to slowly hack away at their opponent.

After a few long minutes and lots of spilled blood, the pirate ladies could feel themselves draining. Each swipe connecting less often then when the duel began, blood spots on the deck turning into puddles. Each dragon held their own, but Brightdagger looked to the faltering faster then the slight larger Morgiana. Just when everyone was sure the duel might be a stalemate, the Coatl's grip on her opponent's weapon loosened and the weapon clattered onto the deck. Morgiana's vision was blurred by her injuries but her heart lifted as she watched the defeated Brightdagger sink to her knees and pass out from bloodloss.  Morgiana was the winner.

Wobbling over to where the unconscious dragon was being tended to by healers from the crowd, she picked up her discarded cutless, wiping her own blood off the blade and sheathed it. She heard a sound behind her and turned to see the Captain standing in front of her. AnneBonny rewarded her by extending a paw and steading Morgiana.

"Welcome to my ship, Quartermaster Morgiana." Her voice reminded Morgiana faintly of windchimes she had heard once, " I hope you treat her and this crew with a fierce loyalty and the upmost respect. let me show you to your new quarters." The two headed away into the maw of the ship as the crowd chanted Morgiana's name behind them.
What a turn 'o events! Looks like Brightdagger beats Kiel by usin' th' Ridgeback's nature fear 'o water against her! Wow, that be somethin' fer sure. Guess 'tis Morgiana and Brightdagger in the final round fer the right to call themselves Quartermaster!! Morgiana be lookin' like she be ready to go 'n since Brightdagger suffered no actual damages, we can go ahead 'n start now!

With her nose bandaged up, Morgiana once again squared up on the deck of the ship. Her callenager was more her size this time around and she hoped for a good fight. Brightdagger was still standing where she had been when Kiel went overboard. Unsure of how to proceed, she sized up Morgiana, noting that she carried a cutlass on top of her clawed gloves. She wondered if she could steal it without suffering too much damage.

The Pearlcatcher also observed her opponent, knowing the Coatl's tail was dangerous, she made a mental note to be prepared for it. No sooner had she thought it, then Brightdagger shot her tail out and washed the side of Morgiana's face. Morgiana attempted to snag the tail, hoping to cut it up and make it unusable, but she missed. Using her right paw, the Pearlcatcher swiped at the Coatl hoping to catch her offguard. Brightdagger allowed Morgiana to land her blow, wincing as the steal claws tore into the exposed flesh of her face.

While Morgiana's attention was on her success, the Coatl wrapped her tail around the unused weapon and tugged it free! With a cry of triumph, Brightdagger snatched the cutlass up and began a relentless attack with Morgiana. The crowd watched anxiously as steel flashed against the sun and each dragon began to slowly hack away at their opponent.

After a few long minutes and lots of spilled blood, the pirate ladies could feel themselves draining. Each swipe connecting less often then when the duel began, blood spots on the deck turning into puddles. Each dragon held their own, but Brightdagger looked to the faltering faster then the slight larger Morgiana. Just when everyone was sure the duel might be a stalemate, the Coatl's grip on her opponent's weapon loosened and the weapon clattered onto the deck. Morgiana's vision was blurred by her injuries but her heart lifted as she watched the defeated Brightdagger sink to her knees and pass out from bloodloss.  Morgiana was the winner.

Wobbling over to where the unconscious dragon was being tended to by healers from the crowd, she picked up her discarded cutless, wiping her own blood off the blade and sheathed it. She heard a sound behind her and turned to see the Captain standing in front of her. AnneBonny rewarded her by extending a paw and steading Morgiana.

"Welcome to my ship, Quartermaster Morgiana." Her voice reminded Morgiana faintly of windchimes she had heard once, " I hope you treat her and this crew with a fierce loyalty and the upmost respect. let me show you to your new quarters." The two headed away into the maw of the ship as the crowd chanted Morgiana's name behind them.
*gasps* Holy crap, Morgiana won!? O.O And here I was thinkin she'd be first to lose! Yaaaaay! xD
*gasps* Holy crap, Morgiana won!? O.O And here I was thinkin she'd be first to lose! Yaaaaay! xD
N4H5kbr.png Kide
She/Her FRT+10
Finnish English
For Sale Wishlist
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18