1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17 18
@NocturneAlley

Are you still accepting any entries?
@NocturneAlley

Are you still accepting any entries?
r8UGBQ6.png

Signature courtesy of the lovely Aerion
@nocturnealley
Oh my gosh go looper! Super psyched for the next battle! You captured his lil sluggishness really well btw c:
@nocturnealley
Oh my gosh go looper! Super psyched for the next battle! You captured his lil sluggishness really well btw c:
courier_pearl.gifcourier_edgar.gifcourier_spitfire.gif
@LordSheo
No, I am sorry!

@Akasa
That's pretty cool lol I was mostly just guessing!
@LordSheo
No, I am sorry!

@Akasa
That's pretty cool lol I was mostly just guessing!
@Akasa and @Tales tagging ya'll since there was a huge lull between the first duel and this second one. I am sorry, real life got in the way today!!
What a way to finish a duel! I'd shout it was a smash hit! Let's move on to th' final round 'o th' Bos'n position! Looper verse Taro, we be off!

Looper sheaths his sword, knowing that close range parries are out of the question with the speed of his Spiral opponent. Going quickly over all the interactions he has previously had with other Spiral dragons, Looper decides easily on his course of action. After a few moments, he takes off as fast as he can, hurtling himself into the air.

Taro hovers easily in midair, preparing himself for the upcoming duel. He notices Looper's sudden movements. Not pausing to think, the Spiral takes after the Nocturne. Catching up with him easily, Taro slams his body against Looper in an attempt to knock him back to the ground. However Looper rolls with his momentum and banks hard causing the Spiral to nearly twist himself up as he scrambled to turn and follow the fleeing dragon.

Beating his many wings as hard as he can, Taro catches back up. His eyes narrowed against the wind, he carefully pulls out his cutlass, hoping to take the Nocturne out. As he hoped, Looper lets him in close like he did before! Thrusting his weapon up and into the dragon beside him, he hears Looper cry out as a stream of blood flows from his leg. Taro grins to himself, putting on an extra burst of speed as the Nocturne turns in midair with is sword drawn.

Looper had hoped he could finish the duel before any blood was drawn. However, as he watched his opponent speed away, he grinned to himself as well. He knew it was a only a matter of time before Taro exhausted himself. Flattening his wings against his sides, Looper allowed himself to fall towards the deck of the ship.

Looking back to see where the Nocturne was, he noticed the dragon speeding towards the ground really fast. Worried he might have caused him more harm then he should've and therefore wouldn't be allowed to join the crew, the Spiral used all of his energy to speed downwards in hopes of catching Looper before he smashed himself against the ground. Being so focused on getting to him in time, he didn't notice Looper flare his wings enough to slow his decent. Stretching himself to his full length, Taro managed to snag the Nocturne and using all of his strength pulled out of the fall just before they would've slammed against the deck. Panting hard, the Spiral set the Nocturne down and attempted to stand.

His vision went dark, his body went limp and before anyone knew what had happened, he was unconscious. Tiny little snores escaping his nostrils as he eyelids fluttered slight before going still. Looper hopped to his feet with a cry of triumph! He had succeeded and won!!! He felt a claw tap his shoulder and he whirled around to face the Captain and accept her congratulations for winning his duel. However, he was faced with the Quartermaster instead.

Morgiana offered a smile to the confused Nocturne. "Our Cap'n has been called away and as Quartermaster it is my right to oversee duels anyways. I hope you will allow me to welcome you to our crew in her stead." Looper looked up into the Pearlcatcher's eyes, unsure of how to proceed. "Let me welcome you officially as our Boatswain. We all hope that you will treat our ship with the love and respect she deserves. If you will follow me, I will show you to your bunk area and give you a tour of where you will be preforming your duties as Boatswain Looper. The Nocturne nodded and followed her into the same area all the other had disappeared into with the Captain.
@Akasa and @Tales tagging ya'll since there was a huge lull between the first duel and this second one. I am sorry, real life got in the way today!!
What a way to finish a duel! I'd shout it was a smash hit! Let's move on to th' final round 'o th' Bos'n position! Looper verse Taro, we be off!

Looper sheaths his sword, knowing that close range parries are out of the question with the speed of his Spiral opponent. Going quickly over all the interactions he has previously had with other Spiral dragons, Looper decides easily on his course of action. After a few moments, he takes off as fast as he can, hurtling himself into the air.

Taro hovers easily in midair, preparing himself for the upcoming duel. He notices Looper's sudden movements. Not pausing to think, the Spiral takes after the Nocturne. Catching up with him easily, Taro slams his body against Looper in an attempt to knock him back to the ground. However Looper rolls with his momentum and banks hard causing the Spiral to nearly twist himself up as he scrambled to turn and follow the fleeing dragon.

Beating his many wings as hard as he can, Taro catches back up. His eyes narrowed against the wind, he carefully pulls out his cutlass, hoping to take the Nocturne out. As he hoped, Looper lets him in close like he did before! Thrusting his weapon up and into the dragon beside him, he hears Looper cry out as a stream of blood flows from his leg. Taro grins to himself, putting on an extra burst of speed as the Nocturne turns in midair with is sword drawn.

Looper had hoped he could finish the duel before any blood was drawn. However, as he watched his opponent speed away, he grinned to himself as well. He knew it was a only a matter of time before Taro exhausted himself. Flattening his wings against his sides, Looper allowed himself to fall towards the deck of the ship.

Looking back to see where the Nocturne was, he noticed the dragon speeding towards the ground really fast. Worried he might have caused him more harm then he should've and therefore wouldn't be allowed to join the crew, the Spiral used all of his energy to speed downwards in hopes of catching Looper before he smashed himself against the ground. Being so focused on getting to him in time, he didn't notice Looper flare his wings enough to slow his decent. Stretching himself to his full length, Taro managed to snag the Nocturne and using all of his strength pulled out of the fall just before they would've slammed against the deck. Panting hard, the Spiral set the Nocturne down and attempted to stand.

His vision went dark, his body went limp and before anyone knew what had happened, he was unconscious. Tiny little snores escaping his nostrils as he eyelids fluttered slight before going still. Looper hopped to his feet with a cry of triumph! He had succeeded and won!!! He felt a claw tap his shoulder and he whirled around to face the Captain and accept her congratulations for winning his duel. However, he was faced with the Quartermaster instead.

Morgiana offered a smile to the confused Nocturne. "Our Cap'n has been called away and as Quartermaster it is my right to oversee duels anyways. I hope you will allow me to welcome you to our crew in her stead." Looper looked up into the Pearlcatcher's eyes, unsure of how to proceed. "Let me welcome you officially as our Boatswain. We all hope that you will treat our ship with the love and respect she deserves. If you will follow me, I will show you to your bunk area and give you a tour of where you will be preforming your duties as Boatswain Looper. The Nocturne nodded and followed her into the same area all the other had disappeared into with the Captain.
BLOOD WARNING AHEAD. PLEASE BE AWARE THESE ARE DUELS IN WHICH DRAGONS WILL BE HURT.

Pings are including those who have asked to be pinged, current Crewmembers who have won their duels and those of you still needing to duel for their spots. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE PINGED PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I will be sending out a mass ping at the beginning of each duel set, so that you can jump directly to the most recent duel. @IgnisFlamel @Stealclaw @soulykins @Quilt @IronPen @Akasa @ChakotayDgryphon @ScimitarCat @Helsing @ClockworkEclipse @Leondragon @ZolfJKimbleeXME @Abysea @FelixMcTrashy @SnowLeopard and @Tales, this will be the final ping I give you unless you request to be placed on the pinglist for future duels.

Looks like Taro be goin' to be takin' a nap! Too bad it gunna cost him th' duel 'n th' position! Congrats to Looper! Let's move on to our Cabin Boy duel! Barbosa versus Rhys! Let's be off!

The overwhelming Guardian stepped onto the boat, his weight causing the water to splash against the side angrily. Letting out a deep breath, Barbosa waited for the Fae to make the first move. He preferred to react rather then charge in first. His huge size allowed him to do just that as much were so intimidated they tended to make rash or foolish decisions out of fear.

Rhys squared his shoulders. His broadsword drawn and ready. He was barely the size of the Guardian's eyeball. He had no idea how he was supposed to take this mammoth down. All he knew was this was what he wanted and he gave 110% for the things he wanted. Unfurling his wings, he launched himself skyward to try and get a better vantage point. He was barely level with the jaws of his opponent when there was a crashing sound and he was plunged into pitch black. Unsure of his bearings, he sheathed his sword to keep himself safe.

Keeping his jaws firmly closed, Barbosa gave a snide smirk towards the onlookers. He had snapped the Fae up in his mouth as Rhys had attempted to fly above him. Like a Venus Flytrap, he had ensured his victory by simply devouring his opponent. Turning to face the crowd and be crowned the victor, he suddenly felt a tickle in the back of his throat.

Realizing he had been swallowed by the massive dragon, Rhys started to panic. He couldn't see and all he could hear was the echoes from deep within the bowls of the dragon that had attempted to EAT him!! His wings fluttered nervously and he realized he had floated towards the back of Barbosa's throat when an idea hit him. Digging his claws into the side of the dragons throat, he back to claw at the flesh and flutter his wings, hoping to force the Guardian to open his mouth and let him free!!

Barbosa coughed. He felt as though he had swallowed a colony of Centipedes. Before he can do anything else an excruciating pain begins to radiate through his entire mouth. Opening his massive maw, the Guardian bellows loud enough for those in Wyrmwound to hear! No soon did his jaws part then Rhys zoomed free, weighed down by a large bleeding chunk of the Guardian's tongue! Barbosa's eyes widen in shock and as he tries to speak, he finds he is incapable by the amount of blood that has pooled in his mouth. The taste overwhelms his senses, his eyes roll back as he gurgles angrily at the Fae.

The crowd gathered below, including Rhys scramble out of the way as the gargantuan dragon staggers off the boat attempting to snag the Fae in his claws and squish him into oblivion. Stumbling and spewing large drops of his blood in various places, he crashes into the nearby pub. The entire building is leveled and when the smoke clears, those still able to see what happened, are greeted with the sight of Barbosa completely unconscious in a pool of his own blood and some really old rum.

Rhys tosses the hunk of meat from the Guardian upon his limp body and raises his broadsword triumphantly! From behind him, the Fae hears a strangled cry. He tosses a glance over his shoulder to see his Captain, hastily scooping the amber liquid spilling out of their bottles into her personal flask. Tears gushing down her face and incoherent mumblings, he is approached by Morgiana. "Well... We can at least agree you have made an impression on the Cap'n. Let's get you to the bunk area while she's busy." The Quartermaster ushers the smaller dragon away from the scene and into the bunk area where the rest of the crew is waiting for him.

Tagging @NotSoSimple because they were the one who gave me the tongue cut idea, but I altered it slightly from their original vision lol
BLOOD WARNING AHEAD. PLEASE BE AWARE THESE ARE DUELS IN WHICH DRAGONS WILL BE HURT.

Pings are including those who have asked to be pinged, current Crewmembers who have won their duels and those of you still needing to duel for their spots. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE PINGED PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I will be sending out a mass ping at the beginning of each duel set, so that you can jump directly to the most recent duel. @IgnisFlamel @Stealclaw @soulykins @Quilt @IronPen @Akasa @ChakotayDgryphon @ScimitarCat @Helsing @ClockworkEclipse @Leondragon @ZolfJKimbleeXME @Abysea @FelixMcTrashy @SnowLeopard and @Tales, this will be the final ping I give you unless you request to be placed on the pinglist for future duels.

Looks like Taro be goin' to be takin' a nap! Too bad it gunna cost him th' duel 'n th' position! Congrats to Looper! Let's move on to our Cabin Boy duel! Barbosa versus Rhys! Let's be off!

The overwhelming Guardian stepped onto the boat, his weight causing the water to splash against the side angrily. Letting out a deep breath, Barbosa waited for the Fae to make the first move. He preferred to react rather then charge in first. His huge size allowed him to do just that as much were so intimidated they tended to make rash or foolish decisions out of fear.

Rhys squared his shoulders. His broadsword drawn and ready. He was barely the size of the Guardian's eyeball. He had no idea how he was supposed to take this mammoth down. All he knew was this was what he wanted and he gave 110% for the things he wanted. Unfurling his wings, he launched himself skyward to try and get a better vantage point. He was barely level with the jaws of his opponent when there was a crashing sound and he was plunged into pitch black. Unsure of his bearings, he sheathed his sword to keep himself safe.

Keeping his jaws firmly closed, Barbosa gave a snide smirk towards the onlookers. He had snapped the Fae up in his mouth as Rhys had attempted to fly above him. Like a Venus Flytrap, he had ensured his victory by simply devouring his opponent. Turning to face the crowd and be crowned the victor, he suddenly felt a tickle in the back of his throat.

Realizing he had been swallowed by the massive dragon, Rhys started to panic. He couldn't see and all he could hear was the echoes from deep within the bowls of the dragon that had attempted to EAT him!! His wings fluttered nervously and he realized he had floated towards the back of Barbosa's throat when an idea hit him. Digging his claws into the side of the dragons throat, he back to claw at the flesh and flutter his wings, hoping to force the Guardian to open his mouth and let him free!!

Barbosa coughed. He felt as though he had swallowed a colony of Centipedes. Before he can do anything else an excruciating pain begins to radiate through his entire mouth. Opening his massive maw, the Guardian bellows loud enough for those in Wyrmwound to hear! No soon did his jaws part then Rhys zoomed free, weighed down by a large bleeding chunk of the Guardian's tongue! Barbosa's eyes widen in shock and as he tries to speak, he finds he is incapable by the amount of blood that has pooled in his mouth. The taste overwhelms his senses, his eyes roll back as he gurgles angrily at the Fae.

The crowd gathered below, including Rhys scramble out of the way as the gargantuan dragon staggers off the boat attempting to snag the Fae in his claws and squish him into oblivion. Stumbling and spewing large drops of his blood in various places, he crashes into the nearby pub. The entire building is leveled and when the smoke clears, those still able to see what happened, are greeted with the sight of Barbosa completely unconscious in a pool of his own blood and some really old rum.

Rhys tosses the hunk of meat from the Guardian upon his limp body and raises his broadsword triumphantly! From behind him, the Fae hears a strangled cry. He tosses a glance over his shoulder to see his Captain, hastily scooping the amber liquid spilling out of their bottles into her personal flask. Tears gushing down her face and incoherent mumblings, he is approached by Morgiana. "Well... We can at least agree you have made an impression on the Cap'n. Let's get you to the bunk area while she's busy." The Quartermaster ushers the smaller dragon away from the scene and into the bunk area where the rest of the crew is waiting for him.

Tagging @NotSoSimple because they were the one who gave me the tongue cut idea, but I altered it slightly from their original vision lol
@NocturneAlley that is so savage :') I love it.
@NocturneAlley that is so savage :') I love it.
CXuWKHk.png
@NocturneAlley Woo, what a fight! Rhys really outdid himself this time! Looks like he'll get to live his dream after all. :)
@NocturneAlley Woo, what a fight! Rhys really outdid himself this time! Looks like he'll get to live his dream after all. :)
*Insert witty comment here*
@Helsing
Savage A.F. (standing for As Fae ;])

@ScimitarCat
Welcome Aboard!! As soon as I get motivated to finish these duels we will proceed to our first lair raid!! Fingers crossed we get some good loot!!
@Helsing
Savage A.F. (standing for As Fae ;])

@ScimitarCat
Welcome Aboard!! As soon as I get motivated to finish these duels we will proceed to our first lair raid!! Fingers crossed we get some good loot!!
@NocturneAlley

Eep I made the crew! Looking forward to more duels and the raid!
@NocturneAlley

Eep I made the crew! Looking forward to more duels and the raid!
courier_pearl.gifcourier_edgar.gifcourier_spitfire.gif

Pings are including those who have asked to be pinged, current Crewmembers who have won their duels and those of you still needing to duel for their spots. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE PINGED PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I will be sending out a mass ping at the beginning of each duel set, so that you can jump directly to the most recent duel. @IgnisFlamel @Stealclaw @soulykins @Quilt @IronPen @Akasa @ChakotayDgryphon @ScimitarCat @Helsing @ClockworkEclipse @Leondragon @ZolfJKimbleeXME @Abysea @FelixMcTrashy

Ehehe, looks like Fae got his tongue. Congrats to Rhys fer securin' th' Cabin Boy position! Let's get on wit' th' Pilots! Good luck to our duelist, Ichabod 'n Lila!

Lila steps from the crowd, her grace apparent to all her gazed upon her. Drawing her broadsword and focusing her eye on her opponent, she waited for him to get ready. Sizing him up, she noticed he had fewer scars then she carried. Lila hoped this was a sign that he was still a novice at sword fights and would mean an easy win for her.

Ichabod sways to the center of the main deck. Taking on last long sip from his nearly empty bottle, he tosses it overboard with a splash. "*hic* Well aren't ye a sight fer sore eyes! *hic* Or rather eye! Seein' as *hic* we each only 'ave one! *hic* A'ght, let's get started! *hic* " With that, he began to stagger in her direction.

Lila felt repulsed. Not only was she to fight a drunk, it probably wouldn't be much of a fight anywas! She shifted her feet, easily avoiding the swaying dragon's attempt to slash at her with his cutlass. Using the end of sword, she butted Ichabod between his shoulder blades, throwing him off balance and causing him to fall over the side of the ship and into the calm waters below. Looking over the side, she tried to make out what had happened to the drunk Pearlcatcher.

Unsure of how he managed to get into the water, Ichabod felt the fogginess start to seep away from his mind. The icy waters were sobering him and he began to think clearly. Surprised he had managed to hang on to his weapon, he quickly sheathed it and used his legs and wings to propel him to the surface. Gulping for air, he let out a whoop of laughter. Swimming to the shore and shaking off the droplets of water, he spread his wings once more and flew back to the ship's deck giving Lila a grin of appreciation.

The Wildclaw couldn't believe the transformation she saw. Ichabod had been so drunk his eye was glazed, his body moved sluggishly and slouched. His speech was barely understandable. However, the dragon that stood before her now was a different one altogether. He stood straight and his eye was a piercing pink she was sure it stared directly into her soul. Flustered, but slightly excited by the change of demeanor, she raised her sword again and stepped quick in the Pearlcatcher's direction.

Ichabod avoided her easily. Using the hilt of his cutlass to smash against her shoulder blades, as she had done to him. He heard her gasp for air as the blow emptied her lungs. Timing it perfectly, Ichabod spun around and drew his blade along the inside of her calf. A deep and clean wound opened up and crimson poured readily from it. Not wanting to give Lila a chance to rebound, he unfurled his wings and used them to steady himself as he lunged at her turned back.

Lila felt rather then heard the dragon's attack and her insticnts kicked in. Before she knew what she was doing, Lila had grasped the blade of her sword with her free had and pushed with all her might. The hilt collided with its target with a sickening thud. She stepped forward quickly and spun in the same space of time so she was facing Ichabod. Her weapon has smashed directly into his stomach, knocking the wind out of him. She went to cover her laugh with her hand only to realize it was bleeding.

The Pearlcatcher staggered to his feet and raised his weapon to the Wildclaw again. They were even. Blow for blow. He wouldn't let this go on any further. Completely opening his wings, he squared his shoulders and lunged at his opponent again. Throwing her off balance, Ichabod managed to knock Lila's broadsword from her grip. Snatching it up, he faced her. He brought her own weapon down on her, slicing through her flesh again, this time along her collarbone. A thin line of blood began to bead up on her skin. Over and over, he sliced and cut the Wildclaw. Unforgiving and unyielding. Never cutting deep enough to kill, just enough to draw blood.

Lila tried her hardest not to cry out. After the first few cuts, her entire body felt like giving up. She tried to unfurl her wings to fly away, but Ichabod's next wound was along the membrane of her wings. She knew it would heal, but for now she was unable to fly. In the moments between strikes, she yanked the scarf from her neck and waved it in surrender. She knew if she didn't give up soon, the Pearlcatcher's cuts would eventually cause either permanent damage to something vital or cause her to lose consciousness from loss of blood. She wouldn't allow herself to be carted away like a used tissue. She would walk off of her own volition and be proud she had the gall to even stand up to such a formidable foe.

"Surrendering to a defeat you know is inevitable is an admirable trait." Morgiana's voice broke the silence that had fallen over the crowd of spectators. Ignoring Ichabod for a moment, she offered a paw to Lila and helped her to her feet. "It is better to live to fight another day, then risk never fighting again for something that will come and go. I would have loved to see you win and join our crew, but for now I must ask you to leave the ship. If we are ever in need of your services, we will send a messenger. Thank you." Morgiana turned to Ichabod as Lila made her way, a little shakily to the shore. " Congrats to you and your victory. While I was a little worried having a drunk on our crew as our Pilot was a bad idea, it seems as long as we keep a bucket of cold water nearby, you will prove yourself worth the effort. Congrats on willing your duel, Pilot Ichabod. Before I show you where you will be staying, please clean that weapon and return it to its owner before she gets too far away." She pointed at the broadsword Ichabod still clutched. He had hoped he would be able to keep it as spoils, but he dare not defy the Quartermaster. Not yet, anyways. He hurried to deliver the weapon to Lila who still seemed a little dazed, but thankful and then rushed back to the deck of the ship. Morgiana lead him through the same door he saw so many disappear into before and his heart lifted. He wondered if anyone had some rum to celebrate.....

Pings are including those who have asked to be pinged, current Crewmembers who have won their duels and those of you still needing to duel for their spots. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE PINGED PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I will be sending out a mass ping at the beginning of each duel set, so that you can jump directly to the most recent duel. @IgnisFlamel @Stealclaw @soulykins @Quilt @IronPen @Akasa @ChakotayDgryphon @ScimitarCat @Helsing @ClockworkEclipse @Leondragon @ZolfJKimbleeXME @Abysea @FelixMcTrashy

Ehehe, looks like Fae got his tongue. Congrats to Rhys fer securin' th' Cabin Boy position! Let's get on wit' th' Pilots! Good luck to our duelist, Ichabod 'n Lila!

Lila steps from the crowd, her grace apparent to all her gazed upon her. Drawing her broadsword and focusing her eye on her opponent, she waited for him to get ready. Sizing him up, she noticed he had fewer scars then she carried. Lila hoped this was a sign that he was still a novice at sword fights and would mean an easy win for her.

Ichabod sways to the center of the main deck. Taking on last long sip from his nearly empty bottle, he tosses it overboard with a splash. "*hic* Well aren't ye a sight fer sore eyes! *hic* Or rather eye! Seein' as *hic* we each only 'ave one! *hic* A'ght, let's get started! *hic* " With that, he began to stagger in her direction.

Lila felt repulsed. Not only was she to fight a drunk, it probably wouldn't be much of a fight anywas! She shifted her feet, easily avoiding the swaying dragon's attempt to slash at her with his cutlass. Using the end of sword, she butted Ichabod between his shoulder blades, throwing him off balance and causing him to fall over the side of the ship and into the calm waters below. Looking over the side, she tried to make out what had happened to the drunk Pearlcatcher.

Unsure of how he managed to get into the water, Ichabod felt the fogginess start to seep away from his mind. The icy waters were sobering him and he began to think clearly. Surprised he had managed to hang on to his weapon, he quickly sheathed it and used his legs and wings to propel him to the surface. Gulping for air, he let out a whoop of laughter. Swimming to the shore and shaking off the droplets of water, he spread his wings once more and flew back to the ship's deck giving Lila a grin of appreciation.

The Wildclaw couldn't believe the transformation she saw. Ichabod had been so drunk his eye was glazed, his body moved sluggishly and slouched. His speech was barely understandable. However, the dragon that stood before her now was a different one altogether. He stood straight and his eye was a piercing pink she was sure it stared directly into her soul. Flustered, but slightly excited by the change of demeanor, she raised her sword again and stepped quick in the Pearlcatcher's direction.

Ichabod avoided her easily. Using the hilt of his cutlass to smash against her shoulder blades, as she had done to him. He heard her gasp for air as the blow emptied her lungs. Timing it perfectly, Ichabod spun around and drew his blade along the inside of her calf. A deep and clean wound opened up and crimson poured readily from it. Not wanting to give Lila a chance to rebound, he unfurled his wings and used them to steady himself as he lunged at her turned back.

Lila felt rather then heard the dragon's attack and her insticnts kicked in. Before she knew what she was doing, Lila had grasped the blade of her sword with her free had and pushed with all her might. The hilt collided with its target with a sickening thud. She stepped forward quickly and spun in the same space of time so she was facing Ichabod. Her weapon has smashed directly into his stomach, knocking the wind out of him. She went to cover her laugh with her hand only to realize it was bleeding.

The Pearlcatcher staggered to his feet and raised his weapon to the Wildclaw again. They were even. Blow for blow. He wouldn't let this go on any further. Completely opening his wings, he squared his shoulders and lunged at his opponent again. Throwing her off balance, Ichabod managed to knock Lila's broadsword from her grip. Snatching it up, he faced her. He brought her own weapon down on her, slicing through her flesh again, this time along her collarbone. A thin line of blood began to bead up on her skin. Over and over, he sliced and cut the Wildclaw. Unforgiving and unyielding. Never cutting deep enough to kill, just enough to draw blood.

Lila tried her hardest not to cry out. After the first few cuts, her entire body felt like giving up. She tried to unfurl her wings to fly away, but Ichabod's next wound was along the membrane of her wings. She knew it would heal, but for now she was unable to fly. In the moments between strikes, she yanked the scarf from her neck and waved it in surrender. She knew if she didn't give up soon, the Pearlcatcher's cuts would eventually cause either permanent damage to something vital or cause her to lose consciousness from loss of blood. She wouldn't allow herself to be carted away like a used tissue. She would walk off of her own volition and be proud she had the gall to even stand up to such a formidable foe.

"Surrendering to a defeat you know is inevitable is an admirable trait." Morgiana's voice broke the silence that had fallen over the crowd of spectators. Ignoring Ichabod for a moment, she offered a paw to Lila and helped her to her feet. "It is better to live to fight another day, then risk never fighting again for something that will come and go. I would have loved to see you win and join our crew, but for now I must ask you to leave the ship. If we are ever in need of your services, we will send a messenger. Thank you." Morgiana turned to Ichabod as Lila made her way, a little shakily to the shore. " Congrats to you and your victory. While I was a little worried having a drunk on our crew as our Pilot was a bad idea, it seems as long as we keep a bucket of cold water nearby, you will prove yourself worth the effort. Congrats on willing your duel, Pilot Ichabod. Before I show you where you will be staying, please clean that weapon and return it to its owner before she gets too far away." She pointed at the broadsword Ichabod still clutched. He had hoped he would be able to keep it as spoils, but he dare not defy the Quartermaster. Not yet, anyways. He hurried to deliver the weapon to Lila who still seemed a little dazed, but thankful and then rushed back to the deck of the ship. Morgiana lead him through the same door he saw so many disappear into before and his heart lifted. He wondered if anyone had some rum to celebrate.....
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17 18