Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Posting Images to the Forums
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
Is there any way to post a .swf file to the forums?

Here's an example of the .swf file I would like to appear in my post. It's only an example, mind you - the final thing would be a breeding interface for those with lots of dragons. I've tried and tried to get this little test creation to display here on FR, with no success - the embedding HTML code is simply disappearing every time I try to post it. I think I need to use BBCode to get it to display, but I'm not sure how to use that to do so.

I cannot upload it to Photobucket, as I would need to pay for a premium account.

If you wish to download the example .swf file, here is a Dropbox link.
Is there any way to post a .swf file to the forums?

Here's an example of the .swf file I would like to appear in my post. It's only an example, mind you - the final thing would be a breeding interface for those with lots of dragons. I've tried and tried to get this little test creation to display here on FR, with no success - the embedding HTML code is simply disappearing every time I try to post it. I think I need to use BBCode to get it to display, but I'm not sure how to use that to do so.

I cannot upload it to Photobucket, as I would need to pay for a premium account.

If you wish to download the example .swf file, here is a Dropbox link.
Dear IKTR: Fandragons are in my den! Sometimes there's a few stragglers in my lair.
mancave_banner.png

MANGENTA.png
Just to letcha know, apparently you can take image from anywhere. Mine is from my deviantart account. I haven't tried posting from my weasyl yet though.
Just to letcha know, apparently you can take image from anywhere. Mine is from my deviantart account. I haven't tried posting from my weasyl yet though.
button.png raffle5.png
@Undel

Don't forget that if you already have it uploaded elsewhere (i.e. deviantart or tumblr, or something) you can just right-click the image and select "copy image URL" and paste that into the image pop-up thing for the forums here, too!
@Undel

Don't forget that if you already have it uploaded elsewhere (i.e. deviantart or tumblr, or something) you can just right-click the image and select "copy image URL" and paste that into the image pop-up thing for the forums here, too!
make_mother_proud_by_duinimrais-d85f1js.gif
(signature by Azremiel)
How do you resize an image to fit properly in the forums?
How do you resize an image to fit properly in the forums?
deity_icewarden_by_dogi_crimson-dadatni.gif
[quote name="Confectionary" date="2014-02-13 14:59:08"]@calhale Did anyone ever assist you? When posting images of your FR dragons, you need to go to your Lair, click on the dragon you wish to share, and then click the button labeled "[b]Generate Code[/b]." This button can be found beneath your Dragon's stats, to the right of the dragon's image. When you click the button, it will pull up a box within your tab with a BBC Code and an HTML script. To share your dragon in the forums with a link back to them in your lair, just copy and paste the full BBC code. To just share the image, only copy and paste the line that appears like so, minus the spaces: [ img ]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/22213/2221202_350.png[/ img ][/quote] Bless you, Confectionary! I have been trying to figure this out for a while now. :D I am so glad we can do this without having to post on another site first--I always have trouble with that. A great big grin and a thumbs-up to whoever added the "Generate Code" button to the stats box!
Confectionary wrote on 2014-02-13 14:59:08:
@calhale Did anyone ever assist you? When posting images of your FR dragons, you need to go to your Lair, click on the dragon you wish to share, and then click the button labeled "Generate Code." This button can be found beneath your Dragon's stats, to the right of the dragon's image. When you click the button, it will pull up a box within your tab with a BBC Code and an HTML script. To share your dragon in the forums with a link back to them in your lair, just copy and paste the full BBC code. To just share the image, only copy and paste the line that appears like so, minus the spaces:

[ img ]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/22213/2221202_350.png[/ img ]

Bless you, Confectionary! I have been trying to figure this out for a while now. :D I am so glad we can do this without having to post on another site first--I always have trouble with that. A great big grin and a thumbs-up to whoever added the "Generate Code" button to the stats box!
riVr93C.png
For some reason, when I try and type the [ item=itemname ] without the spaces I don't get anything in the forum preview. Am I hopelessly confused somehow, or will it show up if i submit the forum post? i'll go ahead and test it here just in case.. my preview is loading endlessly until it just quits on me :-( [item=chillspike collar]
For some reason, when I try and type the [ item=itemname ] without the spaces I don't get anything in the forum preview. Am I hopelessly confused somehow, or will it show up if i submit the forum post?

i'll go ahead and test it here just in case.. my preview is loading endlessly until it just quits on me :-(
Chillspike Collar
tumblr_inline_nobl35eOXT1saqq79_540.png
Aha! Nevermind.. it did work :-)
Aha! Nevermind.. it did work :-)
tumblr_inline_nobl35eOXT1saqq79_540.png
So there isn't any way to post pics saved on your computer to the forums? If there is, I haven't found it.
So there isn't any way to post pics saved on your computer to the forums? If there is, I haven't found it.
p9LLFVh.png Wishlist c55Bvd2.png a9TTUxz.gif
@StellarBlitz nah there's no way to upload a picture from the computer to the forum yet, I use blogger tho, just make sure anything saved is saved as a PNG when you upload it and take the URL code from the picture uvu
@StellarBlitz nah there's no way to upload a picture from the computer to the forum yet, I use blogger tho, just make sure anything saved is saved as a PNG when you upload it and take the URL code from the picture uvu
vQnKJm4.pngMV1Iakt.pngUqPYgvq.jpgeGiN2Xv.png?64N9V=party.png?6stY7=party.png
http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/40138/4013745_350.png

testing
http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/40138/4013745_350.png

testing
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15