Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | MM22 Art Contest Closed
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/YtwCHQR.png[/img][/center] ------------- It is said that the Mighty Merry Munchkin can visit the dreams of those that need them. In each dream, they appear as something unique to each dreamer. The Big One has been known to show up as a hatchling for some, while for others they appear as an eldritch horror. It depends on the dreamer and if they are naughty or nice. We want to know what you saw in your dream. --------------- [center][url=https://i.imgur.com/cBVbhPY.jpg][img]https://i.imgur.com/cBVbhPY.jpg[/img][/url][/center] [right][size=2][i]Many thanks to [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=230860]Jemondial[/url] for Narmod's CS. Find their [url=https://jemdesign.crd.co/]shop here[/i][/url]. [/size][/right] ------------- [b]How to Participate[/b]: Let your imagination soar. When the Mighty Munchkin visits the dreams of good (or bad) dragons, they take on different forms. We would like to see how you saw them in your dreams. [LIST] [*]I would ask that only participants post to this thread, please. It keeps it tidy that way. Anyone wishing to comment on an entry can do so ([i]and is encouraged[/i]) on the main event thread. [*]The main goal is to create a work that you feel represents how Narmod would appear in one of your dreams. If you have a story to go with the image please do share it. [*]If you need a bit more context on Narmod, you can find their lore [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3182675/1#post_3182675]here[/url]. [*]The image above is a base idea of what Narmod looks like and is provided for reference only, by no means is that the only image of the Mighty Munchkin. You are free to express your own ideas on the Mighty Munchkin deity so long as it stays clean[sup]1[/sup]. Also, please keep the imagery in the lines of Flight Rising's rules and guidelines. Thank you. [*]Digital or traditional art is welcome. If using traditional art make sure you upload a clear image of it. Need some advice on taking pictures of your art? [url=https://cravepainting.com/blog/how-to-take-great-photos-of-your-artwork]This might help[/url]. [*] Please title your work as I will use that as a reference for the voting poll. [*]Only one entry per user, please. [*]Please do not take someone else's work and post it as your own. Doing so results in immediate disqualification. [*]The story is not mandatory for the contest, but they are enjoyed. Though I would ask for you to please keep your story short ([i]maybe 100-150 words[/i]). There will be a spot in your entry form for you to link to longer stories if you need it. [*]If you would like to link your image to a story you've created for the writing contest please do so. [*]As a reminder to all artists, please remember to put your signature or a watermark on your work. [*]Art and stories [i]should not[/i] contain any controversial themes. Any that contains hurtful, cruel, controversial topics, or targets any person with the intent to defame, will be removed from the contest. This is all in good humor, please do not bring the good vibe down. I thank you. [*]There will be a first, second, and third-place winner for this contest. You can find the prizes for the winners below. [*]Contests will run from the 4th to the 7th with public voting being held between the 8th and 9th. Winners will be announced on the 10th. [*]The last day to post an entry will be the 7th. Once the contest is closed, please do not post another entry. I'm afraid any that are posted after the 7th will not be added to the voting roster. [*]Remember to Vote! Do your part to support your flight! Voting will be announced on the main event thread and a button will be included there and here. [*]A note just in case: Please do not attempt to sway the vote by asking a bunch of friends to vote for you. Any unnatural numbers during voting will lead to disqualification. This is in place to try and keep voting fair. Thank you. [*]Please note that this thread will be considered part of the MM22 photo album and will be listed on the main MM lore thread. Once the event ends on the 10th, I would ask that no one posts to the closed thread. Artists are welcome to remove their art at any time. Thank you! [*]Not a Merry Munchkin, no problem, everyone is welcome to play! Wondering where all this nonsense came from? [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/3080123/1#post_3080123]Here[/url] would be your answer. [/LIST] ----------- [b]Participant Entry Form[sup]2[/sup][/b]: The entry should look like this. If anyone requires assistance with the form please let me know. I'll be happy to help. If you do not have a story, you can remove the bottom half of the entry form. -------- [b]Title[/b]: Name of Piece | [b]Username & Number[/b]: Az the Artist #123456 | [b]Art Shop[/b]: If applicable | Link to Full Story -------- [color=transparent]ART HERE[/color] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/b08t3RO.jpg[/img][/center] ----------- [color=transparent]STORY HERE[/color] Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. ----------- ----------- [b]Entry Form Code[/b]:[code] -------- [b]Title[/b]: Name of Piece | [b]Username & Number[/b]: Az the Artist #123456 | [b]Art Shop[/b]: If applicable | Link to Full Story -------- [color=transparent]ART HERE [/color] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/b08t3RO.jpg[/img][/center] ----------- [color=transparent]STORY HERE[/color] Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. ----------- [/code] ----------- [b]Prize Lists[/b]: All players will receive a badge for their participation in the contest. [LIST] [*][u]First Place[/u]: [item=Dwarf Unicorn][item=Box o' Faeries][item=Accent: Rainbow Robocatcher][item=Scene: Shoreline Serenity] -------------- [*][u]Second Place[/u]: [item=Radiant Flutterbun][item=Mainecoon][item=Scene: Summer] ---------- [*][u]Third Place[/u]: [item=Airborne Parchment][item=Scene: Springswarm] [/LIST] [b]Participation Badge[/b]: [img]https://i.imgur.com/84YRlPk.png[/img] -------------- [size=2]1 [i]Meaning it does not contain: excessive blood or gore, sexual themes, drug or alcohol use, or violence of any sort. This should be okay for kids to see[/i]. 2 [i]Yes, that's my art. No, I'm not an artist.[/i] [/size] --------------
YtwCHQR.png

It is said that the Mighty Merry Munchkin can visit the dreams of those that need them. In each dream, they appear as something unique to each dreamer. The Big One has been known to show up as a hatchling for some, while for others they appear as an eldritch horror. It depends on the dreamer and if they are naughty or nice. We want to know what you saw in your dream.
cBVbhPY.jpg
Many thanks to Jemondial for Narmod's CS. Find their shop here.

How to Participate:
Let your imagination soar. When the Mighty Munchkin visits the dreams of good (or bad) dragons, they take on different forms. We would like to see how you saw them in your dreams.
  • I would ask that only participants post to this thread, please. It keeps it tidy that way. Anyone wishing to comment on an entry can do so (and is encouraged) on the main event thread.
  • The main goal is to create a work that you feel represents how Narmod would appear in one of your dreams. If you have a story to go with the image please do share it.
  • If you need a bit more context on Narmod, you can find their lore here.
  • The image above is a base idea of what Narmod looks like and is provided for reference only, by no means is that the only image of the Mighty Munchkin. You are free to express your own ideas on the Mighty Munchkin deity so long as it stays clean1. Also, please keep the imagery in the lines of Flight Rising's rules and guidelines. Thank you.
  • Digital or traditional art is welcome. If using traditional art make sure you upload a clear image of it. Need some advice on taking pictures of your art? This might help.
  • Please title your work as I will use that as a reference for the voting poll.
  • Only one entry per user, please.
  • Please do not take someone else's work and post it as your own. Doing so results in immediate disqualification.
  • The story is not mandatory for the contest, but they are enjoyed. Though I would ask for you to please keep your story short (maybe 100-150 words). There will be a spot in your entry form for you to link to longer stories if you need it.
  • If you would like to link your image to a story you've created for the writing contest please do so.
  • As a reminder to all artists, please remember to put your signature or a watermark on your work.
  • Art and stories should not contain any controversial themes. Any that contains hurtful, cruel, controversial topics, or targets any person with the intent to defame, will be removed from the contest. This is all in good humor, please do not bring the good vibe down. I thank you.
  • There will be a first, second, and third-place winner for this contest. You can find the prizes for the winners below.
  • Contests will run from the 4th to the 7th with public voting being held between the 8th and 9th. Winners will be announced on the 10th.
  • The last day to post an entry will be the 7th. Once the contest is closed, please do not post another entry. I'm afraid any that are posted after the 7th will not be added to the voting roster.
  • Remember to Vote! Do your part to support your flight! Voting will be announced on the main event thread and a button will be included there and here.
  • A note just in case: Please do not attempt to sway the vote by asking a bunch of friends to vote for you. Any unnatural numbers during voting will lead to disqualification. This is in place to try and keep voting fair. Thank you.
  • Please note that this thread will be considered part of the MM22 photo album and will be listed on the main MM lore thread. Once the event ends on the 10th, I would ask that no one posts to the closed thread. Artists are welcome to remove their art at any time. Thank you!
  • Not a Merry Munchkin, no problem, everyone is welcome to play! Wondering where all this nonsense came from? Here would be your answer.

Participant Entry Form2:
The entry should look like this. If anyone requires assistance with the form please let me know. I'll be happy to help. If you do not have a story, you can remove the bottom half of the entry form.

Title: Name of Piece | Username & Number: Az the Artist #123456 | Art Shop: If applicable | Link to Full Story
ART HERE
b08t3RO.jpg

STORY HERE
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Entry Form Code:
Code:
-------- [b]Title[/b]: Name of Piece | [b]Username & Number[/b]: Az the Artist #123456 | [b]Art Shop[/b]: If applicable | Link to Full Story -------- [color=transparent]ART HERE [/color] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/b08t3RO.jpg[/img][/center] ----------- [color=transparent]STORY HERE[/color] Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. -----------

Prize Lists:
All players will receive a badge for their participation in the contest.
  • First Place:
    Dwarf Unicorn Box o' Faeries Accent: Rainbow Robocatcher Scene: Shoreline Serenity
  • Second Place:
    Radiant Flutterbun Mainecoon Scene: Summer
  • Third Place:
    Airborne Parchment Scene: Springswarm

Participation Badge:
84YRlPk.png

1 Meaning it does not contain: excessive blood or gore, sexual themes, drug or alcohol use, or violence of any sort. This should be okay for kids to see.

2 Yes, that's my art. No, I'm not an artist.

buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
[b]Title[/b]: The Little Secret | [b]Username & Number[/b]: LokiFire #599282 -------- [color=transparent]ART HERE [/color] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/6BS1Bz7.png[/img][/center] ----------- [color=transparent]STORY HERE[/color] Every year her brothers would tell stories they had heard. What did the mighty Munchkin look like? When, how and why did the great spirit appear? Arguing over which tales were true, and which were fantasy. While the boys had their dispute she would wait with smile upon her face. She knew that such beings do not care about the gifts offered or the time of the day. Only that good little munchkins believe in him, and the joy of sharing the season. Good company, bright smiles and plenty of peppermint. -----------
Title: The Little Secret | Username & Number: LokiFire #599282
ART HERE
6BS1Bz7.png

STORY HERE
Every year her brothers would tell stories they had heard. What did the mighty Munchkin look like? When, how and why did the great spirit appear? Arguing over which tales were true, and which were fantasy.

While the boys had their dispute she would wait with smile upon her face. She knew that such beings do not care about the gifts offered or the time of the day. Only that good little munchkins believe in him, and the joy of sharing the season. Good company, bright smiles and plenty of peppermint.

-------- [b]Title[/b]: N4R.M0D ANALYSIS | [b]Username & Number[/b]: Commander #578486 (? I think? I'm not used to the whole ID thing) | [b]Art Shop[/b]: [s]it's closed right now *cries in no success*[/s] -------- [color=transparent]ART HERE [/color] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/6WhTFut.png[/img][/center] ----------- [color=transparent]STORY HERE[/color] [b]COMMANDER XAC ANALYSIS:[/b] New creature showed up in the Dark Kingdom via unknown transportation. Claimed themself to be "The Mighty Munchkin". Upon analysis, the creature spread "holiday cheer" to others around the world and was rumored to have incredible power. Powers were rendered ineffective against myself and I was able to alter the creature to a more presentable state. Alterations include: Sturdy armor, plasma claws and horns, a third eye to read foes' minds, and a luring device to summon unwary targets. Of course, the creation obeys myself and Lord Xero alone. Holiday cheer shall soon become Holiday FEAR!! ----------- (I cannot word count so I hope that's enough, LOL. And hopefully non FR realms are okay; I don't have any FR located chars, only unrelated OCs and fandoms. :P)

Title: N4R.M0D ANALYSIS | Username & Number: Commander #578486 (? I think? I'm not used to the whole ID thing) | Art Shop: it's closed right now *cries in no success*
ART HERE
6WhTFut.png

STORY HERE
COMMANDER XAC ANALYSIS:

New creature showed up in the Dark Kingdom via unknown transportation. Claimed themself to be "The Mighty Munchkin".

Upon analysis, the creature spread "holiday cheer" to others around the world and was rumored to have incredible power.

Powers were rendered ineffective against myself and I was able to alter the creature to a more presentable state.

Alterations include: Sturdy armor, plasma claws and horns, a third eye to read foes' minds, and a luring device to summon unwary targets.

Of course, the creation obeys myself and Lord Xero alone. Holiday cheer shall soon become Holiday FEAR!!

(I cannot word count so I hope that's enough, LOL. And hopefully non FR realms are okay; I don't have any FR located chars, only unrelated OCs and fandoms. :P)
-------- [b]Title[/b]: Celestial Giftgiver | [b]Username & Number[/b]: Interlunation #566959 -------- [img]https://i.postimg.cc/76KDWQgc/Celestial-Giftgiver-by-Interlunation-566959.png[/img] -------- [i]The twinkling stars above us… yes, you see them, don’t you? But did you know that if look closely, you can see something else in the stars, too? See, that shape – there, those eyes, watching over us – there. That’s the Mighty Munchkin. See how the constellations shift and shiver along their flanks? Sometimes a star will fall to earth, and if you visit the spot where one falls, you may find a gift waiting for you. And if you wish upon the falling star – well, then the Mighty Munchkin will hear your wish and visit you in your dreams. …Look! There’s one falling right now. What will your wish be, I wonder? Ah, the night is growing later, and colder, now. Time for bed now, don’t you think? Come inside with me, then, and snuggle close. And may you have sweet dreams…[/i] -------- [size=1]This is really fun to create and see others’ artistic visions! Thanks for the lovely idea![/size]

Title: Celestial Giftgiver | Username & Number: Interlunation #566959
Celestial-Giftgiver-by-Interlunation-566959.png
The twinkling stars above us… yes, you see them, don’t you? But did you know that if look closely, you can see something else in the stars, too? See, that shape – there, those eyes, watching over us – there. That’s the Mighty Munchkin. See how the constellations shift and shiver along their flanks? Sometimes a star will fall to earth, and if you visit the spot where one falls, you may find a gift waiting for you.

And if you wish upon the falling star – well, then the Mighty Munchkin will hear your wish and visit you in your dreams. …Look! There’s one falling right now. What will your wish be, I wonder?

Ah, the night is growing later, and colder, now. Time for bed now, don’t you think? Come inside with me, then, and snuggle close. And may you have sweet dreams…

This is really fun to create and see others’ artistic visions! Thanks for the lovely idea!
40961899_S2BWYGnldTye2DA.png
-------- [b]Title[/b]: Nightmare of Gender: A Concept | [b]Username & Number[/b]: Tivae #419766 | [b]Art Shop[/b]: [url= https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3136825/1 ]yah[/url] | Link to Full Story -------- [color=transparent]ART HERE [/color] [center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/v8gxkD8.png[/img][/center] ----------- [color=transparent]STORY HERE[/color] You can’t breath. Before you sits a small creature, who is rummaging through a canvas sack. They giggle, and smile gleefully as they pull from their bag a small orb. “Here.” They say. “But… I don’t want it.” The orb is a strange color, one that you’ve never seen before and can’t find the words to describe. In a loose scrawl reads: “she/her”. The thing wants you to be a girl. It knows that you don’t want this gender, and it knows that you have to accept. “Eat.” Tortuous word. The orb is slimy and unpleasant, and just so big that you can barely swallow it. Watching you, the creature claps it’s hands in obvious glee. “She her, she her, she her…” It chants until your vision goes blurry from tears and even as the thing starts to fade away, it still grins widely at you. ----------- [size=1]I only had time for a sketch ;-; it was fun though! Thanks for hosting the event!

Title: Nightmare of Gender: A Concept | Username & Number: Tivae #419766 | Art Shop: yah | Link to Full Story
ART HERE
v8gxkD8.png

STORY HERE
You can’t breath. Before you sits a small creature, who is rummaging through a canvas sack. They giggle, and smile gleefully as they pull from their bag a small orb. “Here.” They say.
“But… I don’t want it.”
The orb is a strange color, one that you’ve never seen before and can’t find the words to describe. In a loose scrawl reads: “she/her”. The thing wants you to be a girl. It knows that you don’t want this gender, and it knows that you have to accept.
“Eat.” Tortuous word.
The orb is slimy and unpleasant, and just so big that you can barely swallow it. Watching you, the creature claps it’s hands in obvious glee.
“She her, she her, she her…” It chants until your vision goes blurry from tears and even as the thing starts to fade away, it still grins widely at you.
I only had time for a sketch ;-; it was fun though! Thanks for hosting the event!
-------- [b]Title[/b]: The Moose | [b]Username & Number[/b]: Doozie #574805 -------- [color=transparent]ART HERE [/color] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/BscykjK.png[/img][/center] ----------- [color=transparent]STORY HERE[/color] The snow comes down and the snow comes down and the snow comes down. The trees go up and the snow comes down and the cold moves through our bones. The forest is dark, the stars are bright, the frost covers every twig. The soil is frozen and the sap hides in the roots I am walking the path between the trees, the forest looms overhead, and still the snow comes down. The trees stand tall and the snow comes down, and everything lays quiet. Each footstep is a mountain, each stride a summit. I am wading into winter, and winter seeps into me. In the spruce thicket the grouse are roosting, the mice run tunnels under the snow and the rabbits hide in their warren. The deer are down off the mountain, eating twigs. Under the roots of the greatest tree a bear sleeps, wrapped heavy around its winter belly. Ahead on the trail stands a dark shape. Long legs and a heavy head turn towards me, and the great moose watches silently. Black against the snow, he chews a willow tip and turns away, crossing the path and disappearing into the trees. I can see the glowing windows now, the warmth of safety calls me home. It is winter and we all shall sleep. -----------

Title: The Moose | Username & Number: Doozie #574805
ART HERE
BscykjK.png

STORY HERE
The snow comes down and the snow comes down and the snow comes down. The trees go up and the snow comes down and the cold moves through our bones. The forest is dark, the stars are bright, the frost covers every twig. The soil is frozen and the sap hides in the roots

I am walking the path between the trees, the forest looms overhead, and still the snow comes down. The trees stand tall and the snow comes down, and everything lays quiet. Each footstep is a mountain, each stride a summit. I am wading into winter, and winter seeps into me.

In the spruce thicket the grouse are roosting, the mice run tunnels under the snow and the rabbits hide in their warren. The deer are down off the mountain, eating twigs. Under the roots of the greatest tree a bear sleeps, wrapped heavy around its winter belly.

Ahead on the trail stands a dark shape. Long legs and a heavy head turn towards me, and the great moose watches silently. Black against the snow, he chews a willow tip and turns away, crossing the path and disappearing into the trees. I can see the glowing windows now, the warmth of safety calls me home. It is winter and we all shall sleep.

tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png m2YbpzO.png Xx3ZGyj.png
Hello Merry Munchkins: Its Voting Time

Voting- This year all of the votes are on one page, so one-stop voting! Yay! As you are voting, disregard the notions of perfection. Instead, look at how the story is told. Did the image tell the story fully or did the writer speak to you with theirs?
If anyone has any questions or issues please let me know. I will answer them to the best of my ability.

VOTE HERE

@/LokiFire @/Commander @/Interlunation @/Tivae @/Doozie
Hello Merry Munchkins: Its Voting Time

Voting- This year all of the votes are on one page, so one-stop voting! Yay! As you are voting, disregard the notions of perfection. Instead, look at how the story is told. Did the image tell the story fully or did the writer speak to you with theirs?
If anyone has any questions or issues please let me know. I will answer them to the best of my ability.

VOTE HERE

@/LokiFire @/Commander @/Interlunation @/Tivae @/Doozie
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon