Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [clan lore] lair aikosa
1 2
[center] [img]https://s19.postimg.cc/c42bdishf/divider_long_fancy.png[/img] [size=7][font=engravers mt][color=#61a7c1]Lair Aikosa Lore[/color][/font][/size][/center] [center][i][size=6][font=monotype corsiva][color=#21114a]under construction[/color][/font][/size][/i][/center] big ole WIP. just for story collections and whatnot. to add: - leadership - tab breakdown - lair descrip - art - index - coding?? - acolyte info - basic timeline - naming precedents / language basics - faction banners / logos - credits [ top divider: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2257922#post_2257922]credit[/url]. bottom divider: [url=https://msb-lair.tumblr.com/post/138749447634/more-flight-dividers]credit[/url] ] [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/cbcd1a506735ae9a7f99dc644fa2779c/tumblr_inline_o23ezvljsL1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center]
divider_long_fancy.png
Lair Aikosa Lore
under construction

big ole WIP. just for story collections and whatnot.

to add:
- leadership
- tab breakdown
- lair descrip
- art
- index
- coding??
- acolyte info
- basic timeline
- naming precedents / language basics
- faction banners / logos
- credits [ top divider: credit. bottom divider: credit ]
tumblr_inline_o23ezvljsL1r3lvtf_500.png
lair descrip goes here

ooc lair tab breakdown/descrip goes here
lair descrip goes here

ooc lair tab breakdown/descrip goes here
index -- character names, leadership roles, etc goes here

basic timeline goes here
index -- character names, leadership roles, etc goes here

basic timeline goes here
faction banners & acolyte descrip goes here
faction banners & acolyte descrip goes here
acolyte cont. goes here
acolyte cont. goes here
[center] [img]https://s19.postimg.cc/c42bdishf/divider_long_fancy.png[/img] [size=7][font=engravers mt][color=#61a7c1]M'rizho Vroche[/color][/font][/size][/center] [center][i][size=6][font=monotype corsiva][color=#21114a]the lost language[/color][/font][/size][/i][/center] Lumare was raised speaking the Language of the Bright, now referred to as the 'lost language' or 'm'rizho vroche' as a direct translation to native tongue. Nowadays, speakers of m'rizho vroche simply refer to it as Rizhoan. Below is a collection of words and grammar associated with m'rizho vroche as is relevant to the lair lore. In written pieces for this lore, I may include untranslated sentences or phrases in Rizhoan. The below is to assist any readers in said translations. I will continue to add to the dictionary as I continue work. [center][i][size=6][font=monotype corsiva][color=#21114a]pronunciation & grammar[/color][/font][/size][/i][/center] Rizhoan should be spoken with a flowing rhythm and with flipped (not rolled) 'r's. While many of the letter combinations may feel awkward at first, practice will make any student of the language capable of the sing-song tone that native speakers have. Sentence structure is rather simple. Nouns or proper nouns are usually used first, followed by verbs. If there are adjectives tied to that verb or any following noun, they are used before the item or action they are describing. For example: "Celedine likes Rizhoan students." "Celedine noame Rizhoan suesen." Is a direct translation with the English --> Rizhoan. Sentence structure only changes when more adjectives are tied to a noun or verb, in which case the words are combined. Often the combination will drop a shared letter in overlap to make the sound more fluid. There are exceptions, as with any language, but they are rare. Nouns are not gendered in Rizhoan, and furthermore, nor are people. A neutral term that most closely translates to 'they' is used instead: 'raus'. Thus, the translation for: "He says she is pretty." is: "Raus spire raus e zuere." However, 'raus' is only used very casually. It is most common for Rizhoan speakers to simply utilize a creature's actual name when referring to them. The active form of all verbs end in 'i'. Past tense verbs end in 'im'. Present tense verbs end in 'e'. Future tense verbs end in 'oa'. Spiri - to say Spirim - said Spire - says Spiroa - will say Pluralizing nouns is simple. An 'en' is added to the end of the noun. If the noun ends in an 'en' already, an accent is placed for emphasis over the plural suffix. Suese - student Suesen - students Belpharen - teacher Belpharén - teachers Hard letters are rarely used in Rizhoan. 'Ch' makes a 'sh' sound as in 'moustache', not 'couch'. As those who teach Rizhoan say, it should feel like lyrics rolling off the tongue, with a distinct rhythm and elegance. [center][i][size=6][font=monotype corsiva][color=#21114a]rizhoan names[/color][/font][/size][/i][/center] Names of those associated with Rizhoan are arranged with the assigned name first and the given name second. Due to the rigid structure of the Followers, the title or 'jaseme' is considered most important and thus is read first unless very casually addressing someone. Leaders and the most devout often insist their title is read alongside their given name, and in case of Followers no longer with their own, some even prefer it being used in place of their given name. Following are a few common prefixes and suffixes found in titles. Prefix: Ai - a part of/loyal to Dai - a follower/acolyte of Ry - sibling/kin of Su - destroyer of Suffix: -jie - of [belonging to, possessive] -kel - protector of -avo - ruler of [center][i][size=6][font=monotype corsiva][color=#21114a]rizhoan numbers[/color][/font][/size][/i][/center] 1 - priye 2 - deyo 3 - kha 4 - feru 5 - sinq 6 - cizho 7 - valo 8 - oakh 9 - nuye 10 - drie Numbers are arranged in speech by combining the associated words. The ending of the combination denotes, essentially, to what tenth place the number goes. In the case of numbers starting with 'priye' or 1, 'priye' is dropped for brevity and the suffix is relied upon to show what the number is. Tens - ion Hundreds - ani Thousands - mise For example, if one were to type out 455, it would be ferusinqani sinq. More examples follow. 84 - oakhion feru 207 - deyoani valo 1,392 - mise khanuyeani deyo 6,027 - cizhomise deyoion valo [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/cbcd1a506735ae9a7f99dc644fa2779c/tumblr_inline_o23ezvljsL1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center]
divider_long_fancy.png
M'rizho Vroche
the lost language

Lumare was raised speaking the Language of the Bright, now referred to as the 'lost language' or 'm'rizho vroche' as a direct translation to native tongue. Nowadays, speakers of m'rizho vroche simply refer to it as Rizhoan. Below is a collection of words and grammar associated with m'rizho vroche as is relevant to the lair lore.

In written pieces for this lore, I may include untranslated sentences or phrases in Rizhoan. The below is to assist any readers in said translations. I will continue to add to the dictionary as I continue work.

pronunciation & grammar

Rizhoan should be spoken with a flowing rhythm and with flipped (not rolled) 'r's. While many of the letter combinations may feel awkward at first, practice will make any student of the language capable of the sing-song tone that native speakers have.

Sentence structure is rather simple. Nouns or proper nouns are usually used first, followed by verbs. If there are adjectives tied to that verb or any following noun, they are used before the item or action they are describing.
For example:
"Celedine likes Rizhoan students."
"Celedine noame Rizhoan suesen."
Is a direct translation with the English --> Rizhoan. Sentence structure only changes when more adjectives are tied to a noun or verb, in which case the words are combined. Often the combination will drop a shared letter in overlap to make the sound more fluid. There are exceptions, as with any language, but they are rare.

Nouns are not gendered in Rizhoan, and furthermore, nor are people. A neutral term that most closely translates to 'they' is used instead: 'raus'.
Thus, the translation for:
"He says she is pretty."
is:
"Raus spire raus e zuere."

However, 'raus' is only used very casually. It is most common for Rizhoan speakers to simply utilize a creature's actual name when referring to them.

The active form of all verbs end in 'i'. Past tense verbs end in 'im'. Present tense verbs end in 'e'. Future tense verbs end in 'oa'.
Spiri - to say
Spirim - said
Spire - says
Spiroa - will say

Pluralizing nouns is simple. An 'en' is added to the end of the noun. If the noun ends in an 'en' already, an accent is placed for emphasis over the plural suffix.
Suese - student
Suesen - students
Belpharen - teacher
Belpharén - teachers

Hard letters are rarely used in Rizhoan. 'Ch' makes a 'sh' sound as in 'moustache', not 'couch'. As those who teach Rizhoan say, it should feel like lyrics rolling off the tongue, with a distinct rhythm and elegance.

rizhoan names

Names of those associated with Rizhoan are arranged with the assigned name first and the given name second. Due to the rigid structure of the Followers, the title or 'jaseme' is considered most important and thus is read first unless very casually addressing someone. Leaders and the most devout often insist their title is read alongside their given name, and in case of Followers no longer with their own, some even prefer it being used in place of their given name.

Following are a few common prefixes and suffixes found in titles.

Prefix:
Ai - a part of/loyal to
Dai - a follower/acolyte of
Ry - sibling/kin of
Su - destroyer of

Suffix:
-jie - of [belonging to, possessive]
-kel - protector of
-avo - ruler of

rizhoan numbers

1 - priye
2 - deyo
3 - kha
4 - feru
5 - sinq
6 - cizho
7 - valo
8 - oakh
9 - nuye
10 - drie

Numbers are arranged in speech by combining the associated words. The ending of the combination denotes, essentially, to what tenth place the number goes. In the case of numbers starting with 'priye' or 1, 'priye' is dropped for brevity and the suffix is relied upon to show what the number is.

Tens - ion
Hundreds - ani
Thousands - mise

For example, if one were to type out 455, it would be ferusinqani sinq. More examples follow.

84 - oakhion feru
207 - deyoani valo
1,392 - mise khanuyeani deyo
6,027 - cizhomise deyoion valo
[center] [img]https://s19.postimg.cc/c42bdishf/divider_long_fancy.png[/img] [size=7][font=engravers mt][color=#61a7c1]M'rizho Vroche[/color][/font][/size][/center] [center][i][size=6][font=monotype corsiva][color=#21114a]continued: dictionary[/color][/font][/size][/i][/center] Aiyani - to betray, to rebel Aiyannin - traitors Ausari - to pray, to worship Ausarin - acolytes Belpharen - teacher Belphi - to teach, to train Bre - I E - is [singular] É - are [plural] Esi - my Esi'myrtho - my love Esir - mine Firtan/e - strong/strength Fjasi - to run, to flee Fureni - to steal Furenin - thief/robber Ghalos - brave Ghalosi - to withstand, to tolerate Hiemna/to - music/musical Hiemnal - song Hiemni - to play [an instrument], to sing Ianor/e - elegant/elegance Isesi - to live Jaesri - to admire, to adore [platonic] Kathelos - midday, afternoon Khemi - to know Koronos - time Kosa - progeny, child, follower Lumit - wise Lucenthe - loyal, obedient M' - the Myrtho - love, affectionate term Myrthi - to love Ni - no Nikhemi - to forget Ninoami - to dislike Nizuere - ugly, unsightly Noami - to like, to enjoy Ovisi - to create Obrjak - plain, boring Perusi - to see Privo - why Pyrnos - sunset, dusk Pyrni - to lose [track of, a war] Qasi - to Quis - part, portion Quis'esi'zene - part of my soul Raus - they/them, it, he, she Revani - to rule, to lead Revaus - leader, ruler Rizho - ancient Sa - yes [slang] Sach - yes [formal] Soas - we, us [collective] Spiri - to say, to speak Suese - student Tethusi - to spell [as in magic], to enchant Tethus/e/en - sorcerer/ers, witch/es Vaesri - to admire, to adore [romantic] Vaer - where Vanyo - what Viene - a lot, very Vin - when Vos - who Vrinsos - nighttime, darkness Vrinsi - to darken [a room, a mood] Vroche - language Zasos - morning, dawn Zasova - light Zasoi - to lighten [a room, a mood] Zene - soul Zuere - pretty, beautiful [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/cbcd1a506735ae9a7f99dc644fa2779c/tumblr_inline_o23ezvljsL1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center]
divider_long_fancy.png
M'rizho Vroche
continued: dictionary

Aiyani - to betray, to rebel
Aiyannin - traitors
Ausari - to pray, to worship
Ausarin - acolytes

Belpharen - teacher
Belphi - to teach, to train
Bre - I

E - is [singular]
É - are [plural]
Esi - my
Esi'myrtho - my love
Esir - mine

Firtan/e - strong/strength
Fjasi - to run, to flee
Fureni - to steal
Furenin - thief/robber

Ghalos - brave
Ghalosi - to withstand, to tolerate

Hiemna/to - music/musical
Hiemnal - song
Hiemni - to play [an instrument], to sing

Ianor/e - elegant/elegance
Isesi - to live

Jaesri - to admire, to adore [platonic]

Kathelos - midday, afternoon
Khemi - to know
Koronos - time
Kosa - progeny, child, follower

Lumit - wise
Lucenthe - loyal, obedient

M' - the
Myrtho - love, affectionate term
Myrthi - to love

Ni - no
Nikhemi - to forget
Ninoami - to dislike
Nizuere - ugly, unsightly
Noami - to like, to enjoy

Ovisi - to create
Obrjak - plain, boring

Perusi - to see
Privo - why
Pyrnos - sunset, dusk
Pyrni - to lose [track of, a war]

Qasi - to
Quis - part, portion
Quis'esi'zene - part of my soul

Raus - they/them, it, he, she
Revani - to rule, to lead
Revaus - leader, ruler
Rizho - ancient

Sa - yes [slang]
Sach - yes [formal]
Soas - we, us [collective]
Spiri - to say, to speak
Suese - student

Tethusi - to spell [as in magic], to enchant
Tethus/e/en - sorcerer/ers, witch/es

Vaesri - to admire, to adore [romantic]
Vaer - where
Vanyo - what
Viene - a lot, very
Vin - when
Vos - who
Vrinsos - nighttime, darkness
Vrinsi - to darken [a room, a mood]
Vroche - language

Zasos - morning, dawn
Zasova - light
Zasoi - to lighten [a room, a mood]
Zene - soul
Zuere - pretty, beautiful

[center] [img]https://s19.postimg.cc/c42bdishf/divider_long_fancy.png[/img] [size=7][font=engravers mt][color=#61a7c1]Leadership Contendors[/color][/font][/size][/center] [center][i][size=6][font=monotype corsiva][color=#21114a]under construction[/color][/font][/size][/i][/center] Aikosa Luma Zephyrus Lysantha Noctisse [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/cbcd1a506735ae9a7f99dc644fa2779c/tumblr_inline_o23ezvljsL1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center]
divider_long_fancy.png
Leadership Contendors
under construction

Aikosa Luma

Zephyrus

Lysantha

Noctisse

story collection links go here
story collection links go here
more saving
more saving