Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Prompts & Story Ideas
Welcome to my Idea Dump.
Will any of these make sense? Probably not.
Writing isn't exactly my strong point so expect some pretty bad errors in terms of grammar.
This is just mainly for my peace of mind so I can get these ideas down somewhere and out of my head.

Feel free to make suggestions, ask question, or edit any of the ideas you see below.
The list below each idea and prompt are just my personal thoughts / extra ideas for the thing. You can ignore them.

Road to Villainy
With nothing to challenge the Hero anymore, their very own sidekick takes it upon themselves to give the Hero a chase of a lifetime. Dawning the mask, they begin their double-life as the cities next rising supervillain. Careful to keep their identity hidden as they begin their underground career.
Knowing the Heros personality, moves, weaknesses, the sidekick is able to play the Villain very well and evade capture.
Which, surprisingly enough, isn't exactly that hard. What is surprising though, is everything ELSE that seems too come with being a villain: The weird fans. The random goons that keep showing up. The fact that they now have to either purchase or build an entire 'secret' lair. The random bribes?
Who knew actually fighting the hero would be the easiest part of the job?
  • I can see three major plots going on here. A( Hero Vs Villain. B( The Double-life. C( The Sidekick learning how to be a villain.
  • One thing to consider: What is the Hero and sidekicks relationship? Are they great friends? Partners? Or is the hero a total jerk. This could change the narrative.
  • What if the sidekick started to like their double-life more?
  • Does the sidekick have any powers? Hidden abilities? Or do they focus on technology.
  • I actually had a more 'flushed out' version of this to start out with. It was more geared towards the double life dynamic but I felt that summary limited what people could do with it.

The World's They Create--D&D
"I have put my heart and soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." ? Vincent Willem van Gogh
Taking worldbuilding to a whole new level, this first time DM accidently creates an entire world all their own.
As they sat pouring over their notes, detailed maps and shaping the land that was to be their players home for the coming campaign, whispers began to take shape in their mind. At first, they just excused them as musing: Imagine going wild with ideas. But soon those whispers began to take shape.
Confined to their desk in horror in amazement, the DM can only watch as figurines come to life briefly, their notes change with each interaction, and cities rise and fall on the maps. Are they going insane? Or is this something else entirely?
  • Originally I was gonna just have the DM world-hop into this new world but scrapped it at the last second. I figure having everything happen in one small space. such as a desk or table, would give a better sense of scale..
  • The idea behind this was essentially "DM becomes a God of their own world" but I'd really like to see if people can take this any other direction.
  • Depending on the setting and campaign, this could be either really funny or terrifying. AKA Imagine the difference between a Warhammer game, Call of Cthulhu, and your standard 5e game.
  • What if moving from the table sped up events or removed the DM from the world for a time?
  • How do dice rolls fit into this? I really tried to think of a way but my brain is small.

Magic in our DNA
As magic is unleashed upon the world once more, you and your friends are suddenly faced with the reality that you may not be human after all. And, even if you are, you may be far more dangerous than you realize.
As magic floods back into the world, a vast majority of the human population suddenly finds themselves coming face-to-face with their ancestral roots as they are transformed into beasts of all shapes and sizes.
  • This is just a prompt. It's very self-inserty but random characters can be used.
  • To make this interesting, I'd suggest using an online random generate if you can. That way your initial reaction to seeing what creature, beast, cryptid, magical being you get is somewhat genuine.
  • Bonus points if you randomize every major character you come across in the story as you run into them. No planning ahead for you.
  • Feel free to sue any type of mythical-magical creature here.

Personification
"Personification is the attribution of human qualities, characteristics, or behaviors to non-humans, "
Maybe there's a reason why we sometimes feel guilty for running into random object's. Maybe, just maybe, they aren't JUST objects after all.
f you've ever grown up with a favorite toy, or relied on an object for comfort, chances are you've unknowingly run into and bonded with a 'Guardian'. These entities, often referred too as Guardian Angels, bond with their chosen host for life, and will spend their entire lives trying to play, communicate, interact, and protect them..
  • What does a Guardian look like? Does it carry features of the item(s)? Does it depends on the person in question? Is there any uniform at all to them? It's open to interpretation.
  • Are they all good natured? Given the amount of times I've stubbed my toes, maybe not?
  • Can they be detected? If so, how?
  • What happens if the guardian item is lost?

Reincarnation Rumble.
What if Death gave you the chance to come back? Would you take it? Would you take it even if it meant you wouldn't be human anymore? What about...alive?
Turns out Death has a weird sense of humor and you shouldn't take his deals at face value.
Reincarnation isn't all it's cracked up to be... Especially not when you end up waking up on the assembly line~! Turns out, Dearth can reincarnate people as more than just flesh and bone and you've just become the first ever Roomba Reincarnate. Oh, the joy.
  • I just found the funny.
  • Feel free to swap the Roomba out for anything. A randomizer would be fun here as well.
  • There are infinite items you can chose from. Decide if you want to be mobile or not because that can alter everything. XD
  • How much autonomy do you have?
  • Is there a reason for this deal? Was Death just being a jerk?

Stars of Steel
After agreeing to test an experimental ship in exchange for pioneering rights, an armature space explorer finds themselves biting off more than they can chew as they are suddenly left stranded after the ship malfunctions. With little to no choice, they land the ship on what was previously assumed to be an uncharted planet, only to find it is very much inhabited, and not by humans. At least not as we know them
Suddenly the center of attention of what appears to be a race of pure machines, this explorer isn't sure whether they should run or try and make contact.
  • This was heavily inspired by a mix of Titanfall and Transformers. Just the idea of robots meeting humans for the first time is always entertaining to me.
  • Thinking up the history of a machine worlds also just sounds fun. Did humans make them a long time ago? Did they just evolve that way? Are they full machine or bio-machines? What would cultures by like? Do they have plants?
  • Are they humanoid or something else entirely?
  • Hostile or curious?

World of music
Ask another Flight Rising user for a random song of their choice. Than, from that song, create a story or world based off it and it's lyrics. It can be a 'first-impression' type thing
  • When I listen to a song for the first time, it tends to get its' own storyline unintentionally. XD
  • This sounds like a great way to share two mediums.
  • And this actually came about because I stumbled across a user named Starset~! They had lyrics in their Dragons taglines and encouraged people to reach out to them if they were curious about them. I ended up with a new favorite song after doing so.

David and Goliath
When a hostage situation turns sour, A SWAT team is phone din to try and salvage the situation. Unfortunately, things don't go according to plan. Separated and injured, the rookie of the group ends up stumbling into a room that just so happens to house a rather interesting creature.
With little to no choice left, the rookie agrees to give the creature protection and freedom in exchange for their aid: Taking full responsibility for them in the process.
But how does one control and maintain someone so powerful? Was this is a mistake? Only time will tell.
  • I left the 'creature' vague on purpose because you can literally put anything in there.
  • A randomizer here would be fun.
  • Does this count as good cop, bad cop? Maybe? guess it depends on the personalities? XD

Let sleeping dogs lie
Some things are just better left forgotten.
Exploring some old ruins, an adventurous hiker stumbles across a ceremonial chamber littered with all kind of items. It's an explorers dream, and without thinking, they immediately begin to thumb through everything.
In the blink of an eye, they suddenly find themselves face to face with a diety they know nothing about, in a void they can't escape. Without knowing the language, and having very limited knowledge of the culture, they stumble too communicate to the towering figure before them.
Well, they must have dons something right because they end up back at the ruins and are able to safety scamper away back to their life back home. Unbeknownst to them though: They've just signed a contract becoming the next high priest.... And the cult knows it.
  • Explorers touching stuff they shouldn't trope... ? Check.
  • I love the idea of the cult followers being non-hostile but scary as heck. Just the idea of someone running from a group of hippies who just want to know *** their deity wants sends me into stitches
  • Also, bonus points if the deity spoke English but was just too annoyed or amused to speak up.
  • What do both the deity and cult look like?
  • What are their goals?
  • How old are they?

Horrorscope
For years, the 12 Zodiac signs simply waited in silence as humanities population grew. Unbeknownst to us, with every day that passed, thousands of us were being drafted unknowingly into their war.
As each human is born under their star-sign, they are unknowingly entered into a contract with that Zodiac. When the day comes, all of humanity is going to be drafted into a war no one knew was coming.
  • I could not word this properly for the life of me. Small brain.
  • Not sure if this major war will happen on Earth, or will happen in another realm.
  • Was thinking about humans suddenly gaining powers based on their star-sign. What exactly those powers might be..? No idea. XD
  • What happens to people born on leap years? Are they mercenaries? Just left out of the loop?
  • Are the zodiacs avatars of the gods? Or the gods themselves?

The Knight and The Tower
Tired of a life filled with strife and war, our brave knight volunteers to recues the Kings heir from a magical tower. Upon arrival however, they slip inside and instead of rescuing the prince/princess, firmly seat themselves inside the tower.
Dismayed and angry, the Kings heir demands they be rescued at once only to be rebuffed again and again. After all, the tower has everyone a peasant could only dram of. Why go back to a life of toil and strife for a king who doesn't even know their name when they can live out the rest of their days here in peace and comfort?
  • Maybe this is just my antisocial brain kicking in... but living in an isolated tower sounds awesome. Even more awesome if it's magically fueled and protected.
  • Would you be able to convince someone to give up everything (Food, water, clothing, peace) if they came from poverty?
  • Why can't the heir leave? Still trying to work this out..... Magic. Just say magic. XD

You went extinct.
In an alternate world, full of magic and wonder, the unthinkable has happened: As species fought for supremacy and magic was on it's next revolutionary spin.... Humans went extinct.
And without humans, certain magics are doomed to be lost forever. For while they have no controllable magic of their own, humans are one of the most powerful catalysts when it comes to storing magic. It is only thanks to them that certain Archaic and powerful spells were able to be preformed.
As time passes in this strange world, people begin to disappear in modern day Earth. It starts off with one every couple of years: But soon dissolves into a monthly occurrence. And it's getting closer and closer to home.
Turns out, some people weren't content to just let humanity die off.
  • My idea behind this is basically: Humans can absurd and store massive amounts of magic passively while other species can only harness magic in short bursts.
  • Also, this story can be taken in two different directions depending on who is yoinking people. Is it a conservation effort? Or is it a power grab?
  • I do believe humans would be easily identifiable in a magic world simply because they'd have some sort of 'pull' to them from the passive ability to absorb magic. Maybe that is why they went extinct? It might be unsettling for pure magic folk.

To Nature
Doesn't ever good story start with someone pissing off a God? Well, Gaia has had enough of everyone's crap. Faced with a planetwide extinction event Gaia decides it's time to return humanity to their roots:
Where humans once stood, suddenly herds and flocks of animals appear. Birds, deer, oxen, wolves, bears... They all flood the cities in mass as humanities population is suddenly 'returned' to nature. Very few humans are left as they were on Earth and as the new 'wildlife' begins to take over it becomes very clear that this isn't a gift, it's a curse. For nature can be giving, but nature in itself is inherently cruel.
  • Apocalypse time! Technology is kind of hard to use when very few of you have opposable thumbs.
  • Would their be patches of herbivores and carnivores working together? For how long? Could that pre-existing bond last through the harsh season? Starvation?
  • Would the animals turn on the remaining humans or flock to them?

Welcome to my Idea Dump.
Will any of these make sense? Probably not.
Writing isn't exactly my strong point so expect some pretty bad errors in terms of grammar.
This is just mainly for my peace of mind so I can get these ideas down somewhere and out of my head.

Feel free to make suggestions, ask question, or edit any of the ideas you see below.
The list below each idea and prompt are just my personal thoughts / extra ideas for the thing. You can ignore them.

Road to Villainy
With nothing to challenge the Hero anymore, their very own sidekick takes it upon themselves to give the Hero a chase of a lifetime. Dawning the mask, they begin their double-life as the cities next rising supervillain. Careful to keep their identity hidden as they begin their underground career.
Knowing the Heros personality, moves, weaknesses, the sidekick is able to play the Villain very well and evade capture.
Which, surprisingly enough, isn't exactly that hard. What is surprising though, is everything ELSE that seems too come with being a villain: The weird fans. The random goons that keep showing up. The fact that they now have to either purchase or build an entire 'secret' lair. The random bribes?
Who knew actually fighting the hero would be the easiest part of the job?
  • I can see three major plots going on here. A( Hero Vs Villain. B( The Double-life. C( The Sidekick learning how to be a villain.
  • One thing to consider: What is the Hero and sidekicks relationship? Are they great friends? Partners? Or is the hero a total jerk. This could change the narrative.
  • What if the sidekick started to like their double-life more?
  • Does the sidekick have any powers? Hidden abilities? Or do they focus on technology.
  • I actually had a more 'flushed out' version of this to start out with. It was more geared towards the double life dynamic but I felt that summary limited what people could do with it.

The World's They Create--D&D
"I have put my heart and soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." ? Vincent Willem van Gogh
Taking worldbuilding to a whole new level, this first time DM accidently creates an entire world all their own.
As they sat pouring over their notes, detailed maps and shaping the land that was to be their players home for the coming campaign, whispers began to take shape in their mind. At first, they just excused them as musing: Imagine going wild with ideas. But soon those whispers began to take shape.
Confined to their desk in horror in amazement, the DM can only watch as figurines come to life briefly, their notes change with each interaction, and cities rise and fall on the maps. Are they going insane? Or is this something else entirely?
  • Originally I was gonna just have the DM world-hop into this new world but scrapped it at the last second. I figure having everything happen in one small space. such as a desk or table, would give a better sense of scale..
  • The idea behind this was essentially "DM becomes a God of their own world" but I'd really like to see if people can take this any other direction.
  • Depending on the setting and campaign, this could be either really funny or terrifying. AKA Imagine the difference between a Warhammer game, Call of Cthulhu, and your standard 5e game.
  • What if moving from the table sped up events or removed the DM from the world for a time?
  • How do dice rolls fit into this? I really tried to think of a way but my brain is small.

Magic in our DNA
As magic is unleashed upon the world once more, you and your friends are suddenly faced with the reality that you may not be human after all. And, even if you are, you may be far more dangerous than you realize.
As magic floods back into the world, a vast majority of the human population suddenly finds themselves coming face-to-face with their ancestral roots as they are transformed into beasts of all shapes and sizes.
  • This is just a prompt. It's very self-inserty but random characters can be used.
  • To make this interesting, I'd suggest using an online random generate if you can. That way your initial reaction to seeing what creature, beast, cryptid, magical being you get is somewhat genuine.
  • Bonus points if you randomize every major character you come across in the story as you run into them. No planning ahead for you.
  • Feel free to sue any type of mythical-magical creature here.

Personification
"Personification is the attribution of human qualities, characteristics, or behaviors to non-humans, "
Maybe there's a reason why we sometimes feel guilty for running into random object's. Maybe, just maybe, they aren't JUST objects after all.
f you've ever grown up with a favorite toy, or relied on an object for comfort, chances are you've unknowingly run into and bonded with a 'Guardian'. These entities, often referred too as Guardian Angels, bond with their chosen host for life, and will spend their entire lives trying to play, communicate, interact, and protect them..
  • What does a Guardian look like? Does it carry features of the item(s)? Does it depends on the person in question? Is there any uniform at all to them? It's open to interpretation.
  • Are they all good natured? Given the amount of times I've stubbed my toes, maybe not?
  • Can they be detected? If so, how?
  • What happens if the guardian item is lost?

Reincarnation Rumble.
What if Death gave you the chance to come back? Would you take it? Would you take it even if it meant you wouldn't be human anymore? What about...alive?
Turns out Death has a weird sense of humor and you shouldn't take his deals at face value.
Reincarnation isn't all it's cracked up to be... Especially not when you end up waking up on the assembly line~! Turns out, Dearth can reincarnate people as more than just flesh and bone and you've just become the first ever Roomba Reincarnate. Oh, the joy.
  • I just found the funny.
  • Feel free to swap the Roomba out for anything. A randomizer would be fun here as well.
  • There are infinite items you can chose from. Decide if you want to be mobile or not because that can alter everything. XD
  • How much autonomy do you have?
  • Is there a reason for this deal? Was Death just being a jerk?

Stars of Steel
After agreeing to test an experimental ship in exchange for pioneering rights, an armature space explorer finds themselves biting off more than they can chew as they are suddenly left stranded after the ship malfunctions. With little to no choice, they land the ship on what was previously assumed to be an uncharted planet, only to find it is very much inhabited, and not by humans. At least not as we know them
Suddenly the center of attention of what appears to be a race of pure machines, this explorer isn't sure whether they should run or try and make contact.
  • This was heavily inspired by a mix of Titanfall and Transformers. Just the idea of robots meeting humans for the first time is always entertaining to me.
  • Thinking up the history of a machine worlds also just sounds fun. Did humans make them a long time ago? Did they just evolve that way? Are they full machine or bio-machines? What would cultures by like? Do they have plants?
  • Are they humanoid or something else entirely?
  • Hostile or curious?

World of music
Ask another Flight Rising user for a random song of their choice. Than, from that song, create a story or world based off it and it's lyrics. It can be a 'first-impression' type thing
  • When I listen to a song for the first time, it tends to get its' own storyline unintentionally. XD
  • This sounds like a great way to share two mediums.
  • And this actually came about because I stumbled across a user named Starset~! They had lyrics in their Dragons taglines and encouraged people to reach out to them if they were curious about them. I ended up with a new favorite song after doing so.

David and Goliath
When a hostage situation turns sour, A SWAT team is phone din to try and salvage the situation. Unfortunately, things don't go according to plan. Separated and injured, the rookie of the group ends up stumbling into a room that just so happens to house a rather interesting creature.
With little to no choice left, the rookie agrees to give the creature protection and freedom in exchange for their aid: Taking full responsibility for them in the process.
But how does one control and maintain someone so powerful? Was this is a mistake? Only time will tell.
  • I left the 'creature' vague on purpose because you can literally put anything in there.
  • A randomizer here would be fun.
  • Does this count as good cop, bad cop? Maybe? guess it depends on the personalities? XD

Let sleeping dogs lie
Some things are just better left forgotten.
Exploring some old ruins, an adventurous hiker stumbles across a ceremonial chamber littered with all kind of items. It's an explorers dream, and without thinking, they immediately begin to thumb through everything.
In the blink of an eye, they suddenly find themselves face to face with a diety they know nothing about, in a void they can't escape. Without knowing the language, and having very limited knowledge of the culture, they stumble too communicate to the towering figure before them.
Well, they must have dons something right because they end up back at the ruins and are able to safety scamper away back to their life back home. Unbeknownst to them though: They've just signed a contract becoming the next high priest.... And the cult knows it.
  • Explorers touching stuff they shouldn't trope... ? Check.
  • I love the idea of the cult followers being non-hostile but scary as heck. Just the idea of someone running from a group of hippies who just want to know *** their deity wants sends me into stitches
  • Also, bonus points if the deity spoke English but was just too annoyed or amused to speak up.
  • What do both the deity and cult look like?
  • What are their goals?
  • How old are they?

Horrorscope
For years, the 12 Zodiac signs simply waited in silence as humanities population grew. Unbeknownst to us, with every day that passed, thousands of us were being drafted unknowingly into their war.
As each human is born under their star-sign, they are unknowingly entered into a contract with that Zodiac. When the day comes, all of humanity is going to be drafted into a war no one knew was coming.
  • I could not word this properly for the life of me. Small brain.
  • Not sure if this major war will happen on Earth, or will happen in another realm.
  • Was thinking about humans suddenly gaining powers based on their star-sign. What exactly those powers might be..? No idea. XD
  • What happens to people born on leap years? Are they mercenaries? Just left out of the loop?
  • Are the zodiacs avatars of the gods? Or the gods themselves?

The Knight and The Tower
Tired of a life filled with strife and war, our brave knight volunteers to recues the Kings heir from a magical tower. Upon arrival however, they slip inside and instead of rescuing the prince/princess, firmly seat themselves inside the tower.
Dismayed and angry, the Kings heir demands they be rescued at once only to be rebuffed again and again. After all, the tower has everyone a peasant could only dram of. Why go back to a life of toil and strife for a king who doesn't even know their name when they can live out the rest of their days here in peace and comfort?
  • Maybe this is just my antisocial brain kicking in... but living in an isolated tower sounds awesome. Even more awesome if it's magically fueled and protected.
  • Would you be able to convince someone to give up everything (Food, water, clothing, peace) if they came from poverty?
  • Why can't the heir leave? Still trying to work this out..... Magic. Just say magic. XD

You went extinct.
In an alternate world, full of magic and wonder, the unthinkable has happened: As species fought for supremacy and magic was on it's next revolutionary spin.... Humans went extinct.
And without humans, certain magics are doomed to be lost forever. For while they have no controllable magic of their own, humans are one of the most powerful catalysts when it comes to storing magic. It is only thanks to them that certain Archaic and powerful spells were able to be preformed.
As time passes in this strange world, people begin to disappear in modern day Earth. It starts off with one every couple of years: But soon dissolves into a monthly occurrence. And it's getting closer and closer to home.
Turns out, some people weren't content to just let humanity die off.
  • My idea behind this is basically: Humans can absurd and store massive amounts of magic passively while other species can only harness magic in short bursts.
  • Also, this story can be taken in two different directions depending on who is yoinking people. Is it a conservation effort? Or is it a power grab?
  • I do believe humans would be easily identifiable in a magic world simply because they'd have some sort of 'pull' to them from the passive ability to absorb magic. Maybe that is why they went extinct? It might be unsettling for pure magic folk.

To Nature
Doesn't ever good story start with someone pissing off a God? Well, Gaia has had enough of everyone's crap. Faced with a planetwide extinction event Gaia decides it's time to return humanity to their roots:
Where humans once stood, suddenly herds and flocks of animals appear. Birds, deer, oxen, wolves, bears... They all flood the cities in mass as humanities population is suddenly 'returned' to nature. Very few humans are left as they were on Earth and as the new 'wildlife' begins to take over it becomes very clear that this isn't a gift, it's a curse. For nature can be giving, but nature in itself is inherently cruel.
  • Apocalypse time! Technology is kind of hard to use when very few of you have opposable thumbs.
  • Would their be patches of herbivores and carnivores working together? For how long? Could that pre-existing bond last through the harsh season? Starvation?
  • Would the animals turn on the remaining humans or flock to them?

Hello, Star Voyagers.