Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Enforcer's Art Drop [Posts OK!]
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 19
[center] This is the last Neopet tonight, I promise. Not much to say about it. It's cute. Slime is fun to draw. [img]https://i.imgur.com/k1lzd4G.png[/img] [/center]
This is the last Neopet tonight, I promise. Not much to say about it. It's cute. Slime is fun to draw.

k1lzd4G.png
The Enforcer - they/themAboutArtFree IconsAvatar DragonNeocitiesWishlistA pixelated animation of a teal Mirror dragon wearing a blue and purple hood. They blink and then a heart appears in a speech balloon before filling with dark liquid and fading to black.
[center] This is an injoke between me and myself. It's the same 3 alternate versions of me from a couple posts ago, but in a pastiche of my 2016 art style (complete with the MS Paint medium) and with their designs relating to my aesthetics and special interests as of 2016. You want context? Too bad. You're not getting it. [img]https://i.imgur.com/wh1Vknh.png[/img] [/center]
This is an injoke between me and myself. It's the same 3 alternate versions of me from a couple posts ago, but in a pastiche of my 2016 art style (complete with the MS Paint medium) and with their designs relating to my aesthetics and special interests as of 2016. You want context? Too bad. You're not getting it.

wh1Vknh.png
The Enforcer - they/themAboutArtFree IconsAvatar DragonNeocitiesWishlistA pixelated animation of a teal Mirror dragon wearing a blue and purple hood. They blink and then a heart appears in a speech balloon before filling with dark liquid and fading to black.
[center] Shiny new snake ref for [url=https://draggianuniverse.neocities.org/TheEnforcer.html]my sona[/url]! Their design isn't anything you haven't seen before, but it's nice to get it all written out like this. Plus I looked at a lot of actual snake refs and photos to really get those proper rattlesnake vibes. [img]https://i.imgur.com/zAKbojU.png[/img] [/center]
Shiny new snake ref for my sona! Their design isn't anything you haven't seen before, but it's nice to get it all written out like this. Plus I looked at a lot of actual snake refs and photos to really get those proper rattlesnake vibes.

zAKbojU.png
[center] Ref for a character from my main Neocities cosmology. She's a female techbro. Useless trivia about her design: I actually went to Home Depot and got some paint swatches for her color scheme because I wasn't sure what modern corporate aesthetic schemes looked like. I wanted her to look more 2010s/20s-esque in composition to contrast her with my otherwise pretty 00s other characters. Traditional lines, traced with pixels in Aseprite and colored/completed in Photoshop. I did that for the refs for Researchy and Xiampe because when I made them, I didn't have a tablet, but you know what, it looks dang good, so it's the official WHATverse art style now. Mostly because I'm not redrawing Researchy and Xiampe's refs any time soon. [img]https://i.imgur.com/XOCA5e2.png[/img] [/center]
Ref for a character from my main Neocities cosmology. She's a female techbro. Useless trivia about her design: I actually went to Home Depot and got some paint swatches for her color scheme because I wasn't sure what modern corporate aesthetic schemes looked like. I wanted her to look more 2010s/20s-esque in composition to contrast her with my otherwise pretty 00s other characters.

Traditional lines, traced with pixels in Aseprite and colored/completed in Photoshop. I did that for the refs for Researchy and Xiampe because when I made them, I didn't have a tablet, but you know what, it looks dang good, so it's the official WHATverse art style now. Mostly because I'm not redrawing Researchy and Xiampe's refs any time soon.

XOCA5e2.png
[center] New, more style-consistent for DW, one of my Neocities OCs. She is a creature. That's about as specific as we can get. The base image is traced from her original 2020 concept art because try as I might, my 2020 art has a distinct reek of wrongness that I can't quite recapture in the modern style. I think it's that when I first drew DW and Degen, I hadn't established a Draggian Universe style guide or actually thought about anatomy, which provides that chaotic quality I imagine DW and Degen with. They don't break the rules. They never knew them to begin with. Also, I love those little sprites to show where legs attach and what's going on. They're so cute. [img]https://i.imgur.com/M7KvyEI.png[/img] [/center]
New, more style-consistent for DW, one of my Neocities OCs. She is a creature. That's about as specific as we can get.

The base image is traced from her original 2020 concept art because try as I might, my 2020 art has a distinct reek of wrongness that I can't quite recapture in the modern style. I think it's that when I first drew DW and Degen, I hadn't established a Draggian Universe style guide or actually thought about anatomy, which provides that chaotic quality I imagine DW and Degen with. They don't break the rules. They never knew them to begin with. Also, I love those little sprites to show where legs attach and what's going on. They're so cute.

M7KvyEI.png
[center] Possible redesign / alternate form for WHATverse character [url=https://draggianuniverse.neocities.org/TheDegenerate.html]Likoa[/url] (she/it). This actually sat in my Clip Studio WIPs for several months. It was going to be a revamp of her ref, but I decided against it because it didn't quite have the right style. It's still a pretty much completed and kinda cool art, though, so I might as well put it up on Neocities and here. Really, I'm not sure what to do for Likoa/Degen's ref. I want to revamp its design so it's less of an anthro character and more of a feral monster (or possibly has one form of each), but I'm not sure how to capture the same reek of wrongness I had in my 2020 traditional art digitally while keeping it a ref that makes sense. Part of it is just that Degen having those 4 skinny arms makes things kinda tricky to fit in. Maybe if I, like, Vitruvian Man pose her? Try as I might, I've never been able to recapture the sheer terror of [url=https://draggianuniverse.neocities.org/images/thedegenerate/degen_ref.png]this[/url]. Which is a problem, because Degen desperately needs a new ref and is one of the most important characters in my canon. Being an extradimensional eldritch deity, she obviously doesn't interact with the cast much, but she's kinda the inciting incident behind the end of the world my main characters' plots revolve around. [img]https://i.imgur.com/xDNQzwF.png[/img] [/center]
Possible redesign / alternate form for WHATverse character Likoa (she/it). This actually sat in my Clip Studio WIPs for several months. It was going to be a revamp of her ref, but I decided against it because it didn't quite have the right style. It's still a pretty much completed and kinda cool art, though, so I might as well put it up on Neocities and here.

Really, I'm not sure what to do for Likoa/Degen's ref. I want to revamp its design so it's less of an anthro character and more of a feral monster (or possibly has one form of each), but I'm not sure how to capture the same reek of wrongness I had in my 2020 traditional art digitally while keeping it a ref that makes sense. Part of it is just that Degen having those 4 skinny arms makes things kinda tricky to fit in. Maybe if I, like, Vitruvian Man pose her?

Try as I might, I've never been able to recapture the sheer terror of this. Which is a problem, because Degen desperately needs a new ref and is one of the most important characters in my canon. Being an extradimensional eldritch deity, she obviously doesn't interact with the cast much, but she's kinda the inciting incident behind the end of the world my main characters' plots revolve around.

xDNQzwF.png
[center] BC entry of [url=https://draggianuniverse.neocities.org/TheEnforcer.html]my sona[/url] (which is why they've got a human body, but visible scales, a nonhuman skin tone, and a more reptilian nose) in celebration of my birthday. Got the pose from a stock photo. I'm supremely proud of this. They look good. Kinda want that chest compression wrap IRL. Also did more blending and digital painting-type stuff with the shading. Normally my style is more on the cel-shaded style of things and I'm fine with that, but it fit here and I always go all out for my birthday. Plus it's a bit of a sequel to/pastiche of a 2020 pic which was during my Photoshop Blend and hue jitter phase so it's a tribute to that. Anyway, they look super cool and esteemed and exalted and gender and I love them. That is all. Also, I entered this, like, 10 minutes before the contest started, so no idea if it'll get in this week or not. [img]https://i.imgur.com/Ru0ek13.png[/img] [/center]
BC entry of my sona (which is why they've got a human body, but visible scales, a nonhuman skin tone, and a more reptilian nose) in celebration of my birthday. Got the pose from a stock photo. I'm supremely proud of this. They look good. Kinda want that chest compression wrap IRL. Also did more blending and digital painting-type stuff with the shading. Normally my style is more on the cel-shaded style of things and I'm fine with that, but it fit here and I always go all out for my birthday. Plus it's a bit of a sequel to/pastiche of a 2020 pic which was during my Photoshop Blend and hue jitter phase so it's a tribute to that. Anyway, they look super cool and esteemed and exalted and gender and I love them. That is all. Also, I entered this, like, 10 minutes before the contest started, so no idea if it'll get in this week or not.

Ru0ek13.png
[center] Hey, look, a sketch sheet of Arlo from Pokemon Go being an adorable, awful little man. Contents include the following... Upper left - It's winter. Arlo and Spark (OTP, PM me to know why and read my 41,000 words of fanfic) are hanging out. Somehow, this disgusting emo little man ended up with a hat with a pompom. Spark is flicking it. I can hear the "stahp it" right now. he does not, in fact, want Spark to ever stop. Also think I did reasonably with Spark's puffy coat and Arlo's face looks so cute; I just want to squish him. Upper right - the dude with a hat like [url=https://www.taghats.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Wolf-Hat-with-Paws.jpg]this one[/url], except it's a Charizard. It's cute. What more do you want from me? A bit more chibified. Lower left - Arlo as a catboy. A Torracat boy, to be precise, because it matched the color palette and also has that cute bell. This was...slightly heckish to do the side view on, both in terms of where to put arms and legs and because it is difficult to find good refs of cats with their ears down from that angle. I think I got the point across? [img]https://i.imgur.com/hoj2QhY.jpg[/img] [/center]
Hey, look, a sketch sheet of Arlo from Pokemon Go being an adorable, awful little man. Contents include the following...

Upper left - It's winter. Arlo and Spark (OTP, PM me to know why and read my 41,000 words of fanfic) are hanging out. Somehow, this disgusting emo little man ended up with a hat with a pompom. Spark is flicking it. I can hear the "stahp it" right now. he does not, in fact, want Spark to ever stop. Also think I did reasonably with Spark's puffy coat and Arlo's face looks so cute; I just want to squish him.

Upper right - the dude with a hat like this one, except it's a Charizard. It's cute. What more do you want from me? A bit more chibified.

Lower left - Arlo as a catboy. A Torracat boy, to be precise, because it matched the color palette and also has that cute bell. This was...slightly heckish to do the side view on, both in terms of where to put arms and legs and because it is difficult to find good refs of cats with their ears down from that angle. I think I got the point across?

hoj2QhY.jpg
[center] Art trade with Namulord of their character BlasterZERO. How exactly do you shade a shadow creature? Well, I made my best attempt. Trying to get better at side views of things other than snakes. [img]https://i.imgur.com/MiF2CPy.png[/img] [/center]
Art trade with Namulord of their character BlasterZERO. How exactly do you shade a shadow creature? Well, I made my best attempt. Trying to get better at side views of things other than snakes.

MiF2CPy.png
Look at Void, hail Void, feel Void.

(thanks again for the trade, Void looks super awesome! :D)
Look at Void, hail Void, feel Void.

(thanks again for the trade, Void looks super awesome! :D)
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 19