Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Aurora's Craft Corner
1 2 3
@Mabogoi I will, thank you!! Also I love the fox in your signature, its so cute :)
@Mabogoi I will, thank you!! Also I love the fox in your signature, its so cute :)

» Dream Dragons

» Pearlcatcher Adopts

» ((wip))
wishlist_125x100.png crafts_125x100.png
Again, I really adore your art, or crafts as you call them! Those recent paintings are absolutely stunning <3

Love,
Islet
Again, I really adore your art, or crafts as you call them! Those recent paintings are absolutely stunning <3

Love,
Islet
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've decided to subscribe to this thread, I absolutely adore your creations so far! I might post (if its ok!) because I love knitting, crocheting and want to learn to cross stitch so my newfound obsession with this game will probably bleed through into those skills. Amazing work!
I've decided to subscribe to this thread, I absolutely adore your creations so far! I might post (if its ok!) because I love knitting, crocheting and want to learn to cross stitch so my newfound obsession with this game will probably bleed through into those skills. Amazing work!
LMLA6wg.png 8SYVooE.png
[center][b][size=5]All-Seeing Shroom - Figurine[/size][/b][/center] [columns]Happy late Riot of Rot! Especially to you, Islet and robbylps, once again I'm still figuring out forum etiquette so sorry for not responding sooner. Feel free to post in this thread, and thank you for liking my stuff enough to subscribe to it! :D This time I wanted to break out the polymer clay to make counterfeit money the plague fest currency for my first ever Riot of Rot, because plague honestly has the coolest fest currency. The rest of us get leaves, rocks, fistfuls of snow, and they get cool mushrooms with eyes? C'mon.[nextcol][item=all-seeing shroom][/columns] [columns] Anyway, I made the stem first, and used a pencil to make it look all textured and vein-y. For the ring/skirt, I just flattened out a ball of clay and draped it over, the edges naturally looked a bit rough so that's all I really had to do here. I wasn't planning to make an exact copy, the cap of the mushroom ended up not being nearly as wide as the reference. Good thing too, it'd probably fall over constantly that way.[nextcol][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/880171828415447043/908236272735236106/1.jpg[/img][/columns] [center]The cap was also pretty simple. Once you've got the basic shape, (with an indent in the bottom for the stem,) you can smooth down some flat almond shapes where you want the eyes to go. In the second picture I added eyelids by rolling out snakes of polymer clay and wrapping those around the eyes, then smoothing and blending them into the mushroom. Nothing about this thing is perfect, but I still like to think it could plausibly blink at me. (You can't see from the pictures, but I did use a knife to cut in the gills of the mushroom on the underside.) [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/880171828415447043/908245213280075807/2_65.jpg[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/880171828415447043/908245218233565204/3_65.jpg[/img] [/center] [columns][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/880171828415447043/908236268914245662/4.jpg[/img][nextcol] Next step is to attach the pieces and bake. Look at that abomination. A fantastic forgery to buy me another cutie mark from Joxar. I painted the color of the eyes on first so that I could spray on some of that glow-in-the-dark paint with wild abandon and be able to paint over it with the rest of the mushroom colors after. I didn't bother photographing multiple steps of painting on the other colors since the palette is so simple, all I've gotta say is that I added more brown in the crevices of the stem and used an off-white bisque color for the highlights.[/columns] [center][columns][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/880171828415447043/908243753150607400/5_85.jpg[/img][nextcol][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/880171828415447043/908236263583260682/6.jpg[/img][/columns] And this is the finished product! I sprayed a clear coat on it because of course I did, and I like how it turned out, but my favorite part is that the eyes actually glow brightly enough in the dark to be caught on camera. An android phone camera, at that. Now to put it on my bedside table so it can watch me while I sleep! If you read this far, thank you, and have a great day!![/center]
All-Seeing Shroom - Figurine
Happy late Riot of Rot! Especially to you, Islet and robbylps, once again I'm still figuring out forum etiquette so sorry for not responding sooner. Feel free to post in this thread, and thank you for liking my stuff enough to subscribe to it! :D
This time I wanted to break out the polymer clay to make counterfeit money the plague fest currency for my first ever Riot of Rot, because plague honestly has the coolest fest currency. The rest of us get leaves, rocks, fistfuls of snow, and they get cool mushrooms with eyes? C'mon.
All-Seeing Shroom

Anyway, I made the stem first, and used a pencil to make it look all textured and vein-y. For the ring/skirt, I just flattened out a ball of clay and draped it over, the edges naturally looked a bit rough so that's all I really had to do here.

I wasn't planning to make an exact copy, the cap of the mushroom ended up not being nearly as wide as the reference. Good thing too, it'd probably fall over constantly that way.
1.jpg
The cap was also pretty simple. Once you've got the basic shape, (with an indent in the bottom for the stem,) you can smooth down some flat almond shapes where you want the eyes to go. In the second picture I added eyelids by rolling out snakes of polymer clay and wrapping those around the eyes, then smoothing and blending them into the mushroom. Nothing about this thing is perfect, but I still like to think it could plausibly blink at me.
(You can't see from the pictures, but I did use a knife to cut in the gills of the mushroom on the underside.)
2_65.jpg 3_65.jpg
4.jpg

Next step is to attach the pieces and bake. Look at that abomination. A fantastic forgery to buy me another cutie mark from Joxar. I painted the color of the eyes on first so that I could spray on some of that glow-in-the-dark paint with wild abandon and be able to paint over it with the rest of the mushroom colors after.

I didn't bother photographing multiple steps of painting on the other colors since the palette is so simple, all I've gotta say is that I added more brown in the crevices of the stem and used an off-white bisque color for the highlights.
5_85.jpg 6.jpg

And this is the finished product! I sprayed a clear coat on it because of course I did, and I like how it turned out, but my favorite part is that the eyes actually glow brightly enough in the dark to be caught on camera. An android phone camera, at that. Now to put it on my bedside table so it can watch me while I sleep! If you read this far, thank you, and have a great day!!

» Dream Dragons

» Pearlcatcher Adopts

» ((wip))
WOW that looks amazng!
WOW that looks amazng!
LMLA6wg.png 8SYVooE.png
These are awesomely amazing!!!!
These are awesomely amazing!!!!
0ZSX2ZT.pngZewzdsF.pnglrqDePv.png2iCvw0g.pngDoc89Ty.png33VeK2O.pngyK2yfiw.pnge7NCmti.pngcedPG3i.pngBMbExDU.pngCTuU1r6.pngMbe1yYW.png1K9dU7k.png2QoHO.gifMdcU7.gifSYEDe.gif
JkaQI9H.png
[center][size=5][b]Flight Buttons - Pins[/b][/size] Hey, I swear I didn't forget about this thread!! School is hard and I just haven't made any Flight Rising related things in awhile, but spring break has broken and I'm getting back into it! So here's a small thing for now. :) When I was in middle/high school I really wanted pins of the things I liked, but I couldn't buy any, so I figured out how to make them myself out of safety pins and bottlecaps. I haven't made any in awhile, so this is a huge blast from the past, but I think these came out better than any I made at age 14-ish.[/center] [columns] [color=transparent]_______[/color] [center]So first step is to actually make the bottlecaps into pins. I hot glue the safety pins inside the bottlecaps, (absolutely go nuts with the hot glue here, like, fill that thing,) and it holds surprisingly well! Make sure the bottlecaps are clean, of course, otherwise you're just gluing the safety pin to rust/dried beverage.[/center][nextcol][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/880171828415447043/951532246978924594/20220227_152216_50.jpg[/img][/columns] [columns][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/880171828415447043/951532247197048892/20220227_154442_50.jpg[/img][nextcol] [color=transparent]_______[/color] [center]Now for the fun part, actually painting what you want on the pins! I usually scrape up the surfaces a little before painting on a white primer coat, just so it sticks better. The circle also provides a good guide for placing the actual design. (Also, my paint palette is entirely made of dried paint. It used to be stuck on an actual palette, but now I kinda wanna see how thick I can make this thing. Resourceful? I guess. Cursed? Maybe a little, but it's for science.)[/center][/columns] [columns] [color=transparent]_______[/color] [center]Now we're getting somewhere! I added some pale background colors and tried to make the colors lighter around the centers to make the symbols pop a little more. It's hard to see at my ominously-lit craft desk that is totally not in a dungeon somewhere, but I lightly sketched out a couple of the flight symbols.[/center][nextcol][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/880171828415447043/951532247461273680/20220227_172110_34.jpg[/img][/columns] [color=transparent]_______[/color] [color=transparent]_______[/color] [center]Finally, I actually painted on the symbols in a darker color, and put on some of that Mod Podge Dimensional Magic to make it nice and waterproof and shiny. Everything on this thread gets a clear coat, there is no escape. I like the shiny. I pinned a few of them to my sweatshirt, and came upon two realizations. 1: I can't wear all of these at once without it looking ridiculous. 2: I only know two people IRL who even know what Flight Rising is, so... I'm not really sure what I'm gonna do with them now. Wear only a few at a time, I guess. Still really proud of how they came out!![/center] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/880171828415447043/951517823426002944/20220310_112828.jpg[/img] (P.S. Thank you robbylps and BellaMoon, I don't wanna ping y'all unnecessarily but I'm glad you like my abomination shrooms :D) (P.P.SHappy NOTN and every other holiday I missed, and holy heck these Aberrations are so cool!! I gotta do something related for the next thing on here, pray for me lmao)
Flight Buttons - Pins

Hey, I swear I didn't forget about this thread!! School is hard and I just haven't made any Flight Rising related things in awhile, but spring break has broken and I'm getting back into it! So here's a small thing for now. :)
When I was in middle/high school I really wanted pins of the things I liked, but I couldn't buy any, so I figured out how to make them myself out of safety pins and bottlecaps. I haven't made any in awhile, so this is a huge blast from the past, but I think these came out better than any I made at age 14-ish.
_______
So first step is to actually make the bottlecaps into pins. I hot glue the safety pins inside the bottlecaps, (absolutely go nuts with the hot glue here, like, fill that thing,) and it holds surprisingly well!

Make sure the bottlecaps are clean, of course, otherwise you're just gluing the safety pin to rust/dried beverage.
20220227_152216_50.jpg
20220227_154442_50.jpg _______
Now for the fun part, actually painting what you want on the pins! I usually scrape up the surfaces a little before painting on a white primer coat, just so it sticks better. The circle also provides a good guide for placing the actual design.

(Also, my paint palette is entirely made of dried paint. It used to be stuck on an actual palette, but now I kinda wanna see how thick I can make this thing. Resourceful? I guess. Cursed? Maybe a little, but it's for science.)
_______
Now we're getting somewhere! I added some pale background colors and tried to make the colors lighter around the centers to make the symbols pop a little more. It's hard to see at my ominously-lit craft desk that is totally not in a dungeon somewhere, but I lightly sketched out a couple of the flight symbols.
20220227_172110_34.jpg
_______
_______
Finally, I actually painted on the symbols in a darker color, and put on some of that Mod Podge Dimensional Magic to make it nice and waterproof and shiny. Everything on this thread gets a clear coat, there is no escape. I like the shiny.
I pinned a few of them to my sweatshirt, and came upon two realizations. 1: I can't wear all of these at once without it looking ridiculous. 2: I only know two people IRL who even know what Flight Rising is, so... I'm not really sure what I'm gonna do with them now. Wear only a few at a time, I guess. Still really proud of how they came out!!
20220310_112828.jpg

(P.S. Thank you robbylps and BellaMoon, I don't wanna ping y'all unnecessarily but I'm glad you like my abomination shrooms :D)
(P.P.SHappy NOTN and every other holiday I missed, and holy heck these Aberrations are so cool!! I gotta do something related for the next thing on here, pray for me lmao)

» Dream Dragons

» Pearlcatcher Adopts

» ((wip))
These are honestly so cool, cute and detailed. Love it.
These are honestly so cool, cute and detailed. Love it.
Sales
93287172.png
/G1s & Sales!93298253.png Cv6WIk6.png
IvkG1o9.png
rUoKR6y.png
WKtl2lb.png
XpItLfB.png
aaUHYLp.png
a6iF89J.png
kBHm00y.png
loimysO.png
YMPbu9R.png
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif lF3Hy2Z.pngqBNWrht.png
Hey, thank you!! Also, happy late Easter (because I forgot to post this earlier) to those who celebrate! This isn't a full post or anything but if anyone else enjoys blowing eggs around Easter, this might be cool! I covered the shells with blobs of hot glue and paint to make some dragon eggs! :) [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/880171828415447043/973790896598433832/20220419_223439.jpg[/img] After finals week I might make a wind and an earth one too! Still figuring out how I could pull off the other ones though ^^
Hey, thank you!! Also, happy late Easter (because I forgot to post this earlier) to those who celebrate! This isn't a full post or anything but if anyone else enjoys blowing eggs around Easter, this might be cool! I covered the shells with blobs of hot glue and paint to make some dragon eggs! :)
20220419_223439.jpg
After finals week I might make a wind and an earth one too! Still figuring out how I could pull off the other ones though ^^

» Dream Dragons

» Pearlcatcher Adopts

» ((wip))
absolutely in love with the coatl sculpture <3 lowkey inspired to try make one of my own now..
absolutely in love with the coatl sculpture <3 lowkey inspired to try make one of my own now..
officer, i drop kicked that child in self defense
~
fr +17 • she / her
1 2 3